Mostly PC gamer, I have limited experiences with consoles and arcades. Evolved from fanatical completist to somehow more relaxed, erm, completist. That said, there is disturbing number of games I haven't finished (yet - parked mostly because of data loss, boredom, or various circumstances).
I don't think I have some radical preference toward specific genre, though I tend to avoid racing games, sport games, flight/space sims, real-time and hard-core turn based strategies. Mostly. And I am finding FPSes to be great 'fillers' :-)
Some assorted top favorites in completely random order:
Wizardry VII, Hexen, Dungeon Master (I and II), Final Fantasy War of Lions, Battle Isle Phase Four: Incubation, SpellCross, Oni, Die by the Sword, Diablo 2 LoD, Baldur's Gate series, Resident Evil series, Albion, Freelancer, Archimedean Dynasty, Lander, Severance: Blade of Darkness, Super Metroid, StarCraft, Jagged Alliance 2, Doom, Thief, Tomb Rider, Prince of Persia Sands of Time, Gabriel Knight series, Fallout series.
- 3 months ago Posted a comment on John Romero and Adrian Carmack go to Kickstarter with new FPS Blackroom
- 4 months ago Posted a comment on Watch: Where did Resident Evil go wrong?
- 9 months ago Posted a comment on A day in real-life Azeroth
- 1 year ago Posted a comment on Nintendo patents sleep monitor with ceiling projector
- 3 years ago Posted a comment on Console developers need to look at Dungeon Keeper and learn
- 7 years ago Posted a comment on Euro WOW Lich King patch tomorrow
- 7 years ago Posted a comment on Retrospective: Planescape Torment
- 8 years ago Posted a comment on Bayonetta