Created this group when EA announced on February 27th, 2013 that all their future titles will have micro-transactions (MT). We say no to the idea, specifically for full-price games (FPG). €60 is quite enough money for digital entertainment and we expect a full, perfectly playable experience with it. We want developers more to think of games as a potential artform, created by love for games and for gamers. We want publishers to respect that and not cripple the experience by having us buy into micro-transactions to fully appreciate the game.
Subscribe to this group if:
(1) You are concerned about micro-transactions for full priced games.
(2) You do not want an FPG to be crippled and only become enjoyable through MTs.
(3) You are willing to pay for (good) DLCs, as you are for (good) FPGs.
(4) You want a focus on providing the great experience we pay €60 for, instead of a focus on keeping shareholders happy.
(5) You would accept MTs in FPGs, only if they serve cosmetic purposes, e.g. buying a new skin for your character.