Giveaways • City of Heroes 14-day trial giveaway!
We've teamed up with NCsoft to offer readers the chance to play its massively multiplayer online superhero game, City of Heroes/City of Villains – for free! And with the latest update of the series, Issue 12: Midnight Hour, now available to explore, there's never been a better chance to don a cape and take to the skies of Paragon City or The Rogue Isles. To coincide with the release of Issue 12: Midnight Hour, we have 2000 14-day trial keys to giveaway.
City of Heroes/Villains Issue 12: Midnight Hour continues the evolving storyline of Paragon City's heroes, and introduces new gameplay features that keep the game fresh and exciting. The clandestine organization of mystics, scholars and mages, known only as the Midnight Squad, seeks to rebuild its numbers since the devastating assault of the Rikti Invasion. The Midnighters hold a secret that could bring the alien assault to an end, but without the help of the Heroes of Paragon City it will remain lost forever.
- Eight configurable new power trays let players customise their user interface by placing them anywhere on the screen.
- Contact display redesign: Contacts are now listed separately as Active and Inactive, and players can sort contacts by a range of criteria including Name, Zone, and Level Range.
- Inspiration Conversion: Right click an inspiration to convert three of that kind into any one inspiration of another kind.
- Level Up Boost: Upon reaching enough XP to level up (at all levels), one of each type of large inspiration is immediately cast upon your character, and health and endurance bars are immediately filled.
- Chat improvements: Right click on character names in chat window to ignore, add to friends list, invite to team, etc. Drag any item (enhancement, inspiration, salvage, etc.) into the chat window so that you and others can click a hotlink to view the complete info box.
- More Real Numbers: Players can now display stats on powers before they choose them enabling more informed power selection and new temporary powers allow players to display enemy stats.
This giveaway has now finished. If you successfully claimed a key, it should appear below, along with instructions for what to do next.