The Xbox Live Breathers

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous
  • spindle9988 13 Nov 2007 19:52:59 3,530 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Does this annoy anyone else: Youre happily playing away on your fave live game and all you can hear is an annoying darth vader impersonator breathing down their mic directly into your eardrum.

A message to all live players: You do not have to have the mic so close to your mouth that your threatning to eat it, all it does is give everyone else horrible deep breathing dribbling noises.

/turns down mic volume
  • thefilthandthefury 13 Nov 2007 19:55:10 24,988 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    God it winds me up no end. Had it last night for absolutely ages on CoD 4.
  • Deleted user 13 November 2007 19:55:30
    Weird, I don't remember ever playing with you on XBL... ;)
  • sanctusmortis 13 Nov 2007 19:55:42 9,628 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Halo 3: Mouthbreathers Unite!
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 13 Nov 2007 20:09:45 37,887 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I assumed it was excessively fat people.

Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrhhhh *gasp* huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurgggghhhh

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• spindle9988 12 Jan 2008 13:20:59 3,530 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    sorry to bump this but this is one of the most a nnoying things on xbox live, so just a message to everybody, please keep the mike at a safe distance from your mouth so we dont have to hear you gargling
  • Metalfish 12 Jan 2008 13:21:58 8,818 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This thread has given me a case of "the lols". Nurse!
  • RevanEleven 12 Jan 2008 13:31:36 2,076 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thanks for that. Everybody stop breathing cause spindle is being a whinny little bitch.

/breaths.
  • spindle9988 12 Jan 2008 13:33:57 3,530 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RevanEleven wrote:
    Thanks for that. Everybody stop breathing cause spindle is being a whinny little bitch.

/breaths.

lol, didnt mean stop breathing, its just annoying when your playing online and some idiot sounds like his eating his microphone
  • thefilthandthefury 12 Jan 2008 13:44:39 24,988 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    spindle9988 wrote:
    RevanEleven wrote:

/breaths.

lol, didnt mean stop breathing, its just annoying when your playing online and some idiot sounds like his eating his microphone

They also tend to have it on full volume so that the sound of them breathing like a paedo repeats and echos. GAH!
  • ShogunAssassin 12 Jan 2008 14:34:51 471 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I donīt bother playing online with headset anymore... I see no fun in being insulted by screaming Americans every 2 seconds...
  • Deleted user 12 January 2008 14:36:17
    I do that on purpose to annoy people. :)

Looks like it works.
  • pjmaybe 12 Jan 2008 14:52:42 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    LOL!

I've thought this was funny for YEARS! Some people just seem to have emphysema or something, sound like they're trying to perv you up
  • Madder-Max 12 Jan 2008 15:52:13 11,641 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Its peopleforgetting to mute their mikes. I was on LP last night and I was pissed. Forgot the mic was on and mentioned that the team was frickin shite to the missus following breathing. It did not go down well. Got accused of being pissed. But they were all stoned and had really raspy laughs and coughs so, sucks to be them.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• MrWonderstuff 13 Jan 2008 01:29:19 1,926 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I just hate it when they blithly chatter about fuck all...nothing to do with the match, just idle rambling. Decided to put my headphones on to tell em to either talk about the match we are currently in or shut up...didnt go to well but I'm glad I told em.
  • funkstar 13 Jan 2008 01:49:04 1,194 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Madder Max wrote:
    Its peopleforgetting to mute their mikes. I was on LP last night and I was pissed. Forgot the mic was on and mentioned that the team was frickin shite to the missus following breathing. It did not go down well. Got accused of being pissed. But they were all stoned and had really raspy laughs and coughs so, sucks to be them.

its not people forgetting to mute their mics, its when their mics are too close to the mouth - you just move it a teeny bit further away and then you aren't making stupid noises and pissing everyone off each time you need a little oxygen

The Lives of Nobody Important Paperback

• Kitt-FDUK 13 Jan 2008 22:38:51 395 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I hate that and when people are just talking too loudly. They just need to move it away a teensy bit but they get quite offended if you ask.

I have to strongly disagree with you though, Wonderstuff. Talk about the match or don't talk? Maybe in a tournament but for me Xbox Live is very social and a good way to get chatting to new people. Without that there's almost no point in having the headset at all. If you aren't discussing whether socks with toes in them are good or whether there's nothing that cheese doesn't go with while stabbing a sniper in the back of the head it's not a good night.
  • Deleted user 13 January 2008 22:55:30
    Tell you what else I hate. French people on Live. They seem to be exactly 15% louder than everyone else. And they're not even speaking the same language. That's just pointless in a COD game. Where's the teamwork? Why can't they learn our language?
  • GitSomE_UK 13 Jan 2008 23:03:37 1,210 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Lol!

It's the heavy breather coughers that get me.

I've found Americans to be the loudest, much worse than the French especially the annoying whiney kids who go "Yeah Mom? Mom? Moooooooooooom!!!!????"
  • acidmonkey 14 Jan 2008 10:58:33 34 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    im annoyed at the breathers, the singers (Seriously WTF??) the french having ago at me because im english, and the american kids who think its cool to give me crap when im attempting to relax after work and play COD4.

ive now just set the communications up so if your not on my friends list you cant hear me and i cant hear you.
  • pjmaybe 14 Jan 2008 11:01:25 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    There are worse than breathers.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the commentators. Usually American. Usually with a high pitched Weird Al Yankovic type accent.

They play COD4 like this:

"Oh hey, I'm just going to walk down here. And oops, there's someone shooting so I'll just hide her for a sec (hup....grunt) ah, OK there's a SAW, should I pick the SAW up or stick with this M60? Ho hum, how are you guys doing? Hey did you see that show about Britney? Oh hang on, just going to hop over this wall and have a look - oops, gunfire from up there, someone's sounding angry. Hey why are you guys dumping me head first out of the helicopterrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggghhhhh"
  • thefilthandthefury 14 Jan 2008 11:01:33 24,988 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah the singers are the most annoying. They're generally the first people I file complaints about. ARGH!
  • yupyup 14 Jan 2008 11:04:10 3,680 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lol @ singers! Not had that yet, although once I got booted from a COD4 game with EGers, rejoined, and was stuck with a bunch of non English speaking people. Couldn't understand what they were instructing me to do, so I just hummed the halo theme :)

I have one of the MS wireless ones, so there's not much leeway. I have wondered should I excuse myself after coughing or something in a match? 'Excuse me' on XBL just seems so wrong.

Hands Off Our Penises

• Tiger_Walts 14 Jan 2008 11:07:45 16,587 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I manage to eat and drink while playing without making a pip on the mic. These morons put their mic right next to their lips, I set mine above the mouth, an inch from the face.

IT Monkey and StickyPiston Minecraft Hosting Support

• pjmaybe 14 Jan 2008 11:09:31 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm an expert on the mute button. I have to be. To my missus, seeing me with the headset on is like a red rag to a bull and she just absolutely positively will not stop until she's done something to make sure that I am publicly humiliated whilst on LIVE.

• acidmonkey 14 Jan 2008 11:12:12 34 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    pjmaybe wrote:
    There are worse than breathers.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the commentators. Usually American. Usually with a high pitched Weird Al Yankovic type accent.

They play COD4 like this:

"Oh hey, I'm just going to walk down here. And oops, there's someone shooting so I'll just hide her for a sec (hup....grunt) ah, OK there's a SAW, should I pick the SAW up or stick with this M60? Ho hum, how are you guys doing? Hey did you see that show about Britney? Oh hang on, just going to hop over this wall and have a look - oops, gunfire from up there, someone's sounding angry. Hey why are you guys dumping me head first out of the helicopterrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggghhhhh"

like the annoying ones who repeat the game?

Game: Lets do this marines
    PLayer: Lets do this marines

Game: Friendly Airstrike inbound
    Player: Friendly Airstrike inbound

I KNOW I CAN HEAR THE GAME
  • pjmaybe 14 Jan 2008 11:13:56 70,676 posts
    Seen 5 years ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Not "seen" them yet but it's rather amusing when people get really gung ho in games and start using phrases like "bogies at ten o' clock" or " the flag's a couple of clicks from here"

Hose the deck down with testosterone ffs :)

• acidmonkey 14 Jan 2008 11:15:57 34 posts
    Seen 6 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    your lucky then, i got so annoyed in a hardcore team death match i just literally turned round and shot him it annoyed me that much (i then jumped out of the game)
  • thefilthandthefury 14 Jan 2008 11:18:04 24,988 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    pjmaybe wrote:
    Not "seen" them yet but it's rather amusing when people get really gung ho in games and start using phrases like "bogies at ten o' clock" or " the flag's a couple of clicks from here"

Hose the deck down with testosterone ffs :)

Happens all the time in Ghost Recon games. I had one gruff American man trying to get us all to talk in military code and such.

WHY!?!? THE ENEMY CAN'T HEAR US!
  • jonsaan 14 Jan 2008 11:18:23 25,342 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Every game I ever play online seems to have at least one person from Leeds who fancies themselves as a stand up comedian and is slightly drunk.

FCUTA!

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Previous