Sky Broadband Help

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • Gring0 2 Nov 2007 11:46:30 157 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Folks,

I signed up for sky broadband but they provided me with a faulty sky netgear router that will take 5 days to replace. I am now trying to use my d-link router but receiving "chap authentication error".

Tried confirming my username and password with sky tech helpdesk but they say my username is "sky" and password is "admin". Surely that is the username/password for me to actually connect to the router config screen?

Can any of you tell me what format the username has to be inside the router config page? for example, would mine be gring0@sky.broadband or just gring0.

Have any of you managed to get online without the sky netgear router?

Cheers!

• Subquest 2 Nov 2007 13:13:08 312 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I can tell you that using my existing router put errors on the line related to my previous provider, which took me ages to resolve. Eventually 'third line' technical support sorted it for me. Always ask for third line support to bypass the horrendous pain of dealing with the battery hens.

Pretty sure the router admin username is admin, the password is sky (as opposed to the other way round like you have it), but you're right - these are not your login details. User name doesn't require the @sky part.

best bet is to go here for your answers: skyuser.co.uk

• Page

of 1

Previous Next