Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2753

• Page

of 2861 First / Last

• BinaryBob101 1 Sep 2014 22:34:27 24,409 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Jignoreski. Why do you have me on ignore, you MONSTER?!?

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• Bremenacht 2 Sep 2014 00:08:10 19,647 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    jablonski wrote:
    But my original post on Budapest indicates that it's a self-indulgent style decision that takes me out of the film.
    Luckily I liked the film more than I hated Anderson this time round. Plus the effects are meant to look fake, so I kind of took it as a story told through many people's eyes, and embellished and stylised by each - until it's a fairytale.
    So obviously being taken out of the world of the film doesn't apply as much here.
    Woh. I like that.

Saw it in the cinema and didn't notice the ration changes. I guess I was engrossed. Only the chase scene seemed different. So much taken from Fantastic Mr. Fox, which I also enjoyed, but seemed overlong.

TDKRs opening was utterly awesome. Saw it at BFI IMAX and it seemed like the most incredible opener I'd seen since Star Wars. Stuff like is what drives people into the cinema. Directors like Nolan drive people into the cinema.

ACtually, I'm wrong aren't I. It's fucking Bay and shit like new trilogy star wars that drives people into cinemas. Bah.
  • Kichijoten 2 Sep 2014 00:23:59 2,233 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    The master.

expertly acted and an interesting story but alas i was not in the correct mood. Certainly not on the near perfect level of the directors previous work, there will be blood.

• repairmanjack 2 Sep 2014 00:58:49 6,078 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Locke.

Well, that wasn't quite the "intense thriller" that one (lying bastard) reviewer claimed. But I really liked it.

To give a contrasting opinion, my wife has said she won't let me forget this one in a hurry. She thought it was worse than a documentary on paint drying.
  • gooner77 2 Sep 2014 08:32:16 895 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gravity 8/10

Rather good, wish I'd seen it first on the big screen though
  • DUFFMAN5 2 Sep 2014 09:27:15 15,388 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Amazing Spider-man2

Very poor :( such a shame as I enjoyed the first one a lot.

Capt A: The Winter Soldier
    I enjoyed the bits in the cars

Very poor. I also thought the first film was toss.

Back to Game Of Thrones season 4 tonight, now that is top draw :)
    Next film is Under the skin.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Buztafen 2 Sep 2014 10:37:12 16,531 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    Never, never fuck about with aspect ratios.
    Best aspect ratio fuckage ive seen recently was in Hunger Games Part 2: Getting Hungrier...

When CatsNips is arriving in the games arena and the borders expand to fill the screen accompanied by a swelling of sound from the water I thought it was nicely done.
  • anephric 2 Sep 2014 10:39:32 378 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Brainstorm does some cool things with aspect ratios. And Galaxy Quest is quite funky, when it goes to scope once they're in space
  • b0rk 2 Sep 2014 14:22:13 2,942 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Midnight Run - 10/10

One of my most favourite movies. The score my Danny Elfman is utterly brilliant and Martin Brest was content to let the actors ad-lib much of their dialogue/performance.
  • captainrentboy 2 Sep 2014 14:33:29 1,091 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Amazing Spidey 2 - 60%
    Enjoyed it more than I did in the cinema, but the storyline focusing on his parents really drags the whole thing down, whilst leaving far more important characters short on screen time.
    There's some fantastic superhero stuff in there, but unfortunately there's almost as much utter shit.
  • Deleted user 2 September 2014 14:34:17
    It's all a bit long and dry Spidey 2. They've set up the third to be a real banger though.
  • captainrentboy 2 Sep 2014 14:42:56 1,091 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    It's all a bit long and dry Spidey 2. They've set up the third to be a real banger though.
    Definitely, going from Peter's actions at the end it would appear they're definitely done with his parents' past. Which should hopefully result in a better, more focused, third movie.
    (Although one of the deleted scenes could've really shaken up these new Spidey flicks, thankfully they didn't go with it in the end though, as I'm not sure the revelation was necessary)
  • CosmicFuzz 2 Sep 2014 14:55:20 25,578 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I enjoyed ASM2 a lot more the second time around. They've really nailed the webswinging in these ones, the bit at the start when he's swinging around wisecracking was brilliant. It gets all rather packed with stuff, and could have done with a trim, but it's a decent film.

I love the soundtrack too, especially the theme they've given Spidey. Although I should probably add that I'm a spider-man fanboy so perhaps more easily pleased than others.

Come listen to us discuss the Playstation Experience in Episode 11 of Open Source. zoolophage writes in!

• Deleted user 2 September 2014 15:54:35
    captainrentboy wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Definitely, going from Peter's actions at the end it would appear they're definitely done with his parents' past. Which should hopefully result in a better, more focused, third movie.
    I also found the whole Gwen Stacy thing a bit irritating in that I knew she was going to die from the second I heard she was the main love interest (anyone who knows the Spider-Man comics history would know this).

They handled it quite nicely in the film and in particular her “death shot” was a nice representation of the classic frame in the comic, but nevertheless it was just a bit tiring going through two films knowing it was going to happen.

I’m glad they’ve got it out the way, and will now presumably introduce MJ.

Edited by kalel at 15:54:43 02-09-2014
  • nickthegun 2 Sep 2014 15:58:25 61,270 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I would be more than happy to see a comicbook movie where the main source of conflict isn't the heroes girlfriend.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• StarchildHypocrethes 2 Sep 2014 16:06:17 26,580 posts
    Seen 14 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Xmen First Class - 80 Percentiles

Watched this last night. Only seen it once before but I was drunk and remembered nothing about it. It's pretty good!

Liked the whole Cold War tie in. Liked the characters. Fassbender was excellent. Main annoyance was McAvoy's stupid 2 fingers to the temple pose each time he did some Jedi tricks.
  • Deleted user 2 September 2014 16:08:08
    Also J-Law (I'm using this ironically btw) is somehow a bit weirdly unfit in it for some reason.

I didn't think McAvoy was that good in it in all honesty. Bit cheesy and not very Picardish at all. Fassbender did a FAR better job and makes the film.

Overall I really like the film though.
  • Kichijoten 2 Sep 2014 16:11:31 2,233 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Interesting , do i watch *edited out spider man2 as he is shit* captain America 2 or x men (the latest one) ?

Edited by Kichijoten at 16:12:28 02-09-2014
  • StarchildHypocrethes 2 Sep 2014 16:15:15 26,580 posts
    Seen 14 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, I thought McAvoy was pretty weak throughout. The film succeeded in making me want to see the new one though.
  • Feanor 2 Sep 2014 16:17:16 14,185 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    GOTG - 65%. Too cheesy for my tastes, and a lot of the jokes fell flat, but it was still fairly good.
  • BinaryBob101 2 Sep 2014 16:39:35 24,409 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Also J-Law (I'm using this ironically btw) is somehow a bit weirdly unfit in it for some reason.

I didn't think McAvoy was that good in it in all honesty. Bit cheesy and not very Picardish at all. Fassbender did a FAR better job and makes the film.

It's the hair. Not kidding either. They sorted it out for the sequel.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• PierrePressure 2 Sep 2014 17:24:11 276 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Beast looks ridiculous too.
  • TechnoHippy 2 Sep 2014 20:45:23 14,716 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    American Gothic

I bought this on the strength of the name alone as I love the TV show of the same name. It just goes to show that I buy things for the dumbest reasons sometimes. To be honest I almost turned the film off in the first quarter of an hour. I stuck with it though and it developed into quite a weird and bloody slasher.

There is a lot of weirdness in this film and as the end approach I didn't think it could get any weirder and it managed to surprise me. It shows it ages, but once it gets going it's a fun watch.

7/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Aargh, 2 Sep 2014 21:05:19 292 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    kalel wrote:

It's the hair. Not kidding either. They sorted it out for the sequel.
    I was pleased Magento wasn't Irish anymore, although there was still a hint of it lingering, McKellan seemed to put a very mild hint into his accent so it was at least consistent.

Operating systems complete me

• Dougs 2 Sep 2014 22:38:26 69,473 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I haven't seen either of the newer Spidey films really should put that right. Been putting it off as they seem distinctly average but still.
  • HarryPalmer 2 Sep 2014 22:49:27 3,582 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Guardians of the Galaxy - 5/10

Chris Pratt is charmless in this, but the writing is terrible.

Hard to care what is happening because there is no peril. Every plan comes off perfectly - it's like the A-Team. The script consists of the main characters saying what they are about to do, and then doing it. The evil characters are under drawn, and boring, literally standing in a big room and shouting a bit.

It's like watching someone play a game which consists of one long QTE.

THAT BEING SAID, it's alright.

Edited by HarryPalmer at 22:50:06 02-09-2014
  • jablonski 3 Sep 2014 13:09:09 4,839 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    All That Jazz (1979)

First time I've seen this, and I fucking loved it. Incredible film with so much energy. Bowled me over.

Might not be for everyone as it's a bit self-indulgent (thinly veiled autobiographical telling of a period in the director's life), and quite fragmented, but I was very impressed.

Roy Schieder was God during the 70's - French Connection, Jaws, Marathon Man, Sorcerer and this. He is superb in All That Jazz.

94/100
  • PES_Fanboy 3 Sep 2014 13:11:44 18,867 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    How many aspect ratio changes did it have
  • Aargh, 3 Sep 2014 13:15:01 292 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Lucy 4/10

Watchable but ultimately a bit shit with nowhere near as much action as it needed and too much nonsense about the 10% of your brain being used.

Operating systems complete me

• PES_Fanboy 3 Sep 2014 13:21:20 18,867 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There's no way I used 10% of my brain watching Lucy
  • Page

of 2861 First / Last