Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2691

• Page

of 2799 First / Last

• bad09 15 Jul 2014 00:22:03 6,003 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Titanic makes me feel sick. Waiting for a movie about the biggest maritime disaster ever and they turn it into a goddamn slushy fucking chick flick. You could not make that up. My mrs had that on the other night, just could not watch it I always have turn it over.

/ Clings to A Night To Remember wishing Cameron would just stay down there on one of his many Titantic tours

Edited by bad09 at 00:26:29 15-07-2014
  • jablonski 15 Jul 2014 07:49:46 4,345 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Nemesis wrote:
    Judge Dredd (1995)

I AM THE FOUR(out of ten)
    :)

I DIDN'T RATE IT FOUR - I AM THE FOUR!
  • CosmicFuzz 15 Jul 2014 07:54:08 24,822 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    In other news, looks like Transformers 4 is crashing at the box office in the States.

Looking for a new video game podcast? Try ours! (And give us a rating on iTunes!) :)

• jablonski 15 Jul 2014 08:01:35 4,345 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    In other news, looks like Transformers 4 is crashing at the box office in the States.
    What? Being the first film to debut at over $100m this year, then second week of $53m, then $16m third week, beaten by the Apes sequel which was never not going to be number 1.
    How exactly is that crashing?
  • Tom_Servo 15 Jul 2014 08:05:17 18,004 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    YEAH!!!!
  • Mola_Ram 15 Jul 2014 08:05:32 7,639 posts
    Seen 43 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah, it's all about the first couple of weeks really.
  • jablonski 15 Jul 2014 08:06:17 4,345 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    YEAH!!!!
    I fucking hate the films, but it is the exact opposite of crashing. It's been bloody huge
  • HarryB 15 Jul 2014 08:19:35 6,243 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's being universally slated for making so much money while being utter rubbish. Not crashing!
  • RyanDS 15 Jul 2014 08:41:26 9,577 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    HarryB wrote:
    It's being universally slated for making so much money while being utter rubbish. Not crashing!
    Is this relating to the current one, or the first 3? Or all?
  • LeoliansBro 15 Jul 2014 08:45:31 44,502 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Odd Thomas: I liked it, a lot. It has that kind of kooky 500 Days of Summer / Men in Black schtick going on and knows the best way to get anything out of it is to play it with a straight face. It's also a seriously brave executive decision to treat the (eventual) subject matter: an attempted mass murder at a shopping mall by regular old Americans, and police officers at that, in such a wacky, oddball way. I'm sure it comes from the comics but to take that to the screen takes balls and to get it right takes real talent. Plus I liked having intelligent monsters for once, rather than just mindless killing machines. 8/10, go watch it if only for the staggering cameltoe in one scene.

The Insider. Worthy but very very boring, like Michael Clayton but with George Clooney swapped out for a fat Russell Crown in suburban mode, with disastrous glasses. Al Pacino is totally wrong for the part as well, and I don't care how close he comes to the real life individual. A film should never forget that it is there to entertain as well as inform, 5/10.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• CosmicFuzz 15 Jul 2014 08:49:02 24,822 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    jablonski wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    What? Being the first film to debut at over $100m this year, then second week of $53m, then $16m third week, beaten by the Apes sequel which was never not going to be number 1.
    How exactly is that crashing?
    Relative to the other films in the franchise it is. This'll be lucky to make $250 million in the US. Yeah that's a lot, but that's worse than any other Transformers film, including the first. It'll still make over a billion all in, especially with China, but it's dropped off hard since release.

Looking for a new video game podcast? Try ours! (And give us a rating on iTunes!) :)

• CosmicFuzz 15 Jul 2014 08:52:25 24,822 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    jablonski wrote:
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    YEAH!!!!
    I fucking hate the films, but it is the exact opposite of crashing. It's been bloody huge
    It's not been bloody huge compared to other Transformers films in the US. It's been the opposite, is all I'm saying. Worst performing one yet. Crashing is maybe a bit of a euphemism, but people are definitely getting tired of it in the States anyway.

• beastmaster 15 Jul 2014 09:03:50 11,580 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    jablonski wrote:
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    YEAH!!!!
    It's not been bloody huge compared to other Transformers films in the US. It's been the opposite, is all I'm saying. Worst performing one yet. Crashing is maybe a bit of a euphemism, but people are definitely getting tired of it in the States anyway.
    US market is now the lowest priority. It's taken over $600 million in global BO and looks as though it's on track to out gross Avengers.

Even Escape Plan is getting a sequel because of overseas performance.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• CosmicFuzz 15 Jul 2014 09:05:25 24,822 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's weird, loads of blockbusters over the last few years haven't done anywhere near as well as predicted in the US box office, and made the large bulk of their cash overseas. I've no idea why.

• LeoliansBro 15 Jul 2014 09:08:00 44,502 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    It's weird, loads of blockbusters over the last few years haven't done anywhere near as well as predicted in the US box office, and made the large bulk of their cash overseas. I've no idea why.
    In a related mystery, Pacific Rim focussed on Hong Kong rather than the obvious location of Tokyo, for reasons which escape me.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• jablonski 15 Jul 2014 12:54:59 4,345 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Transformers 3 has overtaken Avatar as the biggest ever at the Chinese Box Office.

Expect every blockbuster to now have Chinese stars and additional scenes for that market.
  • speedofthepuma 15 Jul 2014 12:58:07 13,299 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is transformers 3 still running in China?

I lurk. If I've spoken to you, I'm either impassioned, or drunk.

• CosmicFuzz 15 Jul 2014 12:58:36 24,822 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    jablonski wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Transformers 3 has overtaken Avatar as the biggest ever at the Chinese Box Office.

Expect every blockbuster to now have Chinese stars and additional scenes for that market.
    Yup, that's a definite. I'd love to see a copy of the Chinese release of Iron Man 3 with the extra Chinese scenes awkwardly stuck in.

• zoolophage 15 Jul 2014 13:48:10 1,852 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Kings of the Summer

Three boys run away from home and live in a makeshift cabin in the forest. Walden it ain't. An unexpectedly good comedy/coming of age film.

8.5/10

3DS: 2019-9957-3472

• jablonski 15 Jul 2014 14:05:58 4,345 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    speedofthepuma wrote:
    Is transformers 3 still running in China?
    oops. Lets face it, they're all the same film anyway
  • PES_Fanboy 15 Jul 2014 23:15:52 16,961 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Planet of the Apes: D'New Movie

This is actually pretty decent IMO. All the acting is done by the CGI Gareth Bales, but it's an enjoyable film with a decent story - a far better film than a summer blockbuster of late.

And dual wielding, horse ridin', damn dirty apes!

84/100
  • wobbly_Bob 15 Jul 2014 23:27:40 1,820 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Odd Thomas: I liked it, a lot. It has that kind of kooky 500 Days of Summer / Men in Black schtick going on and knows the best way to get anything out of it is to play it with a straight face. It's also a seriously brave executive decision to treat the (eventual) subject matter: an attempted mass murder at a shopping mall by regular old Americans, and police officers at that, in such a wacky, oddball way. I'm sure it comes from the comics but to take that to the screen takes balls and to get it right takes real talent. Plus I liked having intelligent monsters for once, rather than just mindless killing machines. 8/10, go watch it if only for the staggering cameltoe in one scene.
    Watched this on Netflix and really enjoyed it too. I would certainly recommend it if you have unblockus.
  • Bremenacht 15 Jul 2014 23:32:43 18,678 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Better than the last Ape film, which I thought was rather dull?
  • PES_Fanboy 15 Jul 2014 23:36:53 16,961 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Massively.
  • Great-Googly-Moogly 15 Jul 2014 23:50:41 945 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    I wish

A boy who lives with his mother after their parent seperation, yearns to be with his brother living in another town. He tries to get his family back together whilst overhearing a converstation that when two bullet trains pass by each other, miracles happen. So Koichi with his friends, set a plan of action into place to get to the place where this can happen so he can re-unite his family.

Lighearted, charming with nice comic touches, yet at times sombre. The film also doesn't shy away from the issues surrounding family breakdowns, growing up, false promises as the adults yearn to correct past mistakes, and children who are so easily shoved into the adult world with out getting much of a childhood.

Decent coming of age tale

7/10

Edited by Great_Googly_Moogly at 23:52:48 15-07-2014

Edited by Great_Googly_Moogly at 23:58:06 15-07-2014

PSN: Cloudsheaven
    NNID: Notnits_85
    www.joelstinton.wordpress.com

• Pinky_Floyd 16 Jul 2014 00:47:06 8,026 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Deep

True story of an icelandic fisherman who swims 6 hours in freezing cold water to safety. 

Brrrrrr!/10

Well worth a watch.
  • Pinky_Floyd 16 Jul 2014 00:48:44 8,026 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Europa Report

Docu-drama-excite-me-up about the first manned mission to Jupiter.

Nay bad, not brilliant like, watch if fook all else takes your fancy / 10
  • Architect_z 17 Jul 2014 11:34:08 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    The Deep

True story of an icelandic fisherman who swims 6 hours in freezing cold water to safety. 

Brrrrrr!/10

Well worth a watch.
    Is it a 6 hour film of someone swimming.
  • HarryPalmer 17 Jul 2014 11:36:28 3,407 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Troll Hunter - 4/10

Drive to woods - wander about in woods - see troll - run away - repeat.

Pish.
  • Deleted user 17 July 2014 11:41:28
    17 Again 6/10

This was on TV last night and I ended up getting drawn into it.

Its a bit like a cross between Back to the Future and Big. Failure husband who is facing divorce, overlooked for promotion time and again and crap with his kids ends up wishing he could change things. He gets his wish after meeting an odd janitor at his old school.

He ends up with his appearance changing to that of the 17 year old version of himself (so no time travel and no swapping of roles) and he goes about trying to sort out his life.

Not bad. Not good. A little over stupid in places and a little too whimsical in others. Its the sort of thing you'd watch on a rainy Sunday when you can't be assed to do anything. Couple of good laughs in it that my inner geek appreciated.
  • Page

of 2799 First / Last