Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2690

• Page

of 2770 First / Last

• Oh-Bollox 13 Jul 2014 16:22:15 5,256 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The soundtrack could be described as 'dense' but there's no way it could back up a sink.
  • HarryPalmer 13 Jul 2014 17:35:51 3,322 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, Ghost Dog is great. Probably more my cup of tea than Leon.
  • jablonski 13 Jul 2014 17:40:39 4,147 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Leon is one of those films like Shawshank that EVERYONE (pun intended) seemed to love at the time.
    It's decent, but no great shakes and pretty predictable (although I'll concede the director's cut improves it a lot).
  • Tonka 14 Jul 2014 06:38:29 20,440 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    How to train your dragon 2

Not a patch on the first one. Sadly.

Skippable

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• CosmicFuzz 14 Jul 2014 07:42:10 24,361 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The World's End

8/10

Finally got around to watching this, for some reason I'd never felt any urge to despite liking Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz. But really enjoyed this! Laughed a bunch of times, liked the fight scenes - very Scott Pilgrim at times - and the 5 main guys were good together. Ending was a bit off I thought, but good stuff.

We're back! Our gaming podcast Open Source returns after a break with a look at Destiny, Minecraft and more. Check us out! (And give us a rating on iTunes please!) :)

• Architect_z 14 Jul 2014 07:57:22 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Titanic - 90%

This was on channel 4 last night.
    I have a theory about peoples perspective on this movie. I believe its a movie that's soooo easy to hate. True, there are cheesy moments (quite a few actually) and some parts that are damn right lame, and some that are questionable. However it is fantastic, I think they did an incredible job with this movie, and I reckon most people hate it until they're actually sat infront of the TV watching it.
  • CosmicFuzz 14 Jul 2014 07:59:34 24,361 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nope. I most definitely hate it whilst watching it, too.

We're back! Our gaming podcast Open Source returns after a break with a look at Destiny, Minecraft and more. Check us out! (And give us a rating on iTunes please!) :)

• Architect_z 14 Jul 2014 08:01:11 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @CosmicFuzz

The Worlds End was abit too weird for me. I liked how it started, I agree the fight scenes were good and I liked the enemies? in the film.
    It seems to me, Pegg and co had a fun idea for a movie but just didn't realise how to end it, and as a result it got abit too whacky. Still enjoyed it, however Shaun and Fuzz were better in my opinion.
  • Architect_z 14 Jul 2014 08:02:45 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Nope. I most definitely hate it whilst watching it, too.
    Awwwww you're one of my examples. You're not watching it right this second so you fit my profiling perfectly. I bet when you're watching it you're crying inside at its awesomeness. :p
  • mrpon 14 Jul 2014 08:05:14 28,922 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Zodiac - long (watched over 3 sessions, don't ask), not green and felt like a documentary 7/10

Ted - laughed once 5/10

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• irrelevanthuman 14 Jul 2014 08:32:45 368 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Before Midnight (second viewing) 9/10

Excellent third film in the Before series.

Titanic- good spectacle, risible story and characters. A Night to Remember kicks its arse.
  • LeoliansBro 14 Jul 2014 08:34:01 44,248 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    51st State: From way back when (2001), proto Lock Stock in Liverpool with Robert Carlyle scousing it up and bringing back Begbie, Sean Pertwee having a bit of an old laff as a thoroughly bent copper and Samuel L Jackson standing twice the size of everyone else in the middle, even when he phones it in. Best acting props to Emily Mortimer though, for taking a ludicrous character arc and making it believable. Meatloaf is so out of shape.

Alright and a bit of fun. 7/10.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• LeoliansBro 14 Jul 2014 08:35:09 44,248 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nothing proto about it, thinking about it. Derivative then.

Also Rhys Ifans is great, albeit as a fairly one dimensional character.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Deleted user 14 July 2014 09:47:15
    A Fantastic Fear of Everything 1/10

It gets the 1 point for Pegg's acting, which was really good. However, the character he was acting as was a pillock.

I could only stomach 20 minutes of this drivel, which I'd thought would have had me laughing. Apparently, the second half was much worse, but I'll never know.

Doubtless this will be unpopular as Simon is thought of so highly, but this was miserable drivel that I personally did not get at all. Certainly didn't come close to a laugh and also wasn't convinced by the premise.
  • Deleted user 14 July 2014 09:54:41
    The Amazing Spiderman 8/10

Loses a point for a few cliched and obvious moments (like the climactic scene) and another for being a little long and for me noticing that.

However, I had no idea what this would be like and went into it expecting it to be drivel. I enjoyed it and found the main actor to be much better than Toby Maguire who winds me up. I thought the plot was a little more believable too and that the main guy did a really good job of making me think he was a tosser in the early part of the film.

End of the day, it got me through ironing 23 shirts, 2 pairs of jeans and 5 suits without it feeling TOO terrible, so it deserves an 8 for that. I'm finding myself getting bored with films these days, but this one held my interest and was enjoyable nonsense.
  • azurelas_2 14 Jul 2014 10:48:37 1,116 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Robocop 2014;85%

Very entertaining, and gets bonus marks for Samuel L Jackson being Bill O'Reilly.
  • CosmicFuzz 14 Jul 2014 10:57:54 24,361 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    TWENTY-THREE SHIRTS

Good god man, do you do a month's worth of shirt washing in one go!? I don't even have that many work shirts :D

• mrpon 14 Jul 2014 11:02:06 28,922 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Amazing Iron-Man!! 8/10

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• PES_Fanboy 14 Jul 2014 11:02:07 16,030 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He irons jeans FFS
  • Deleted user 14 July 2014 11:06:01
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    TWENTY-THREE SHIRTS

Good god man, do you do a month's worth of shirt washing in one go!? I don't even have that many work shirts :D
    :)

I've been unwell and so has my g/f. So last week / weekend was me being sick (I still am coughing my lungs up). Week before that my g/f was sick and in hospital (I've just heard she is back in today). Before that it was my g/f's birthday and her 5 year old's birthday.

So I've not had much time for ironing in the last 3 weeks. So that was 3 week's worth of ironing (not all the shirts were work ones). I'd kept up to speed on the washing, just couldn't on the ironing.

tldr I'm a lazy bastard. :)
  • Deleted user 14 July 2014 11:06:46
    PES_Fanboy wrote:
    He irons jeans FFS
    :p

Yup, but not with a crease down the front ;)
  • jablonski 14 Jul 2014 22:03:57 4,147 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Transcendance

Not crap, just boring and 'seen it all before'.

It's Terminator's "Skynet" meets "Matrix" meets "2001" meets "Demon Seed" meets "Superman III".

It seems to think it's wrestling with some big ideas, but you've seen this story a thousand times, and this does nothing original with it.
    Just presents it in a po-faced self-important style (no surprise Christopher Nolan is involved).

33/100
  • poot 14 Jul 2014 22:30:28 798 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    The best thing about Transcendence is being able to pinpoint the exact moment Johnny Depp gives up bothering to act and just reads his lines off the cuecards with a bored expression.
  • Dairyfree 14 Jul 2014 22:32:31 1,278 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Sabotage - 0/10

I couldn't watch more than 40 mins it's so bad. Offensively bad.

Don't even watch out of curiosity.
  • Dairyfree 14 Jul 2014 22:33:08 1,278 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    What happened to Terrence Howard too? He's actually a good actor but now he appears in any old shit.
  • poot 14 Jul 2014 22:37:47 798 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    He was revealed as a wifebeater and made outrageous demands on reprising War Machine for Iron Man 2 (then blamed it all on Downey Jr), so most of Hollywood told him to piss off.
  • Dairyfree 14 Jul 2014 22:45:45 1,278 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Just read his Wikipedia page that covers most of it.

What a cunt.
  • Nemesis 14 Jul 2014 23:02:42 18,655 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Judge Dredd (1995)

After watching the 2012 film I thought I'd go back to the earlier one. It's very....90s. Bitch-fight (Diane Lane looking really quite fetching), terrible one-liners I KNEW YOU'D SAY THAT, green-screen flight scenes, blatant studio sets, climactic battle one on one. Just all a bit daft, but if you go in with that in mind you can still enjoy it. Trying to do too much at once. Hey, it's got Hammerstein in it.

I AM THE FOUR(out of ten)
  • bad09 14 Jul 2014 23:48:56 5,904 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Odd Thomas

Supernatural comedy/thriller about a young man can see ghosts and demons starring Anton Yelchin and Willem Dafoe. Borrows quite a bit from The Frighteners but doesn't really have the punch of that film and not as funny either. Still some good effects and shots (it's directed by Stephen Sommers) and good cast make it an enjoyable (if forgettable) watch. It's on Netflix for anyone interested.

65%

Insidious 2

Better than the first one to be fair with an interesting plot and some nice twists but still follows the same pattern as the first sadly. Simple jump scares for the most part with humour breaking any tension the film might build (yep the two paranormal investigators are back) and like the first it just sinks into plain silly at the end with all "the further" stuff. like ghost films it's watchable but you will sigh at times (again on Netflix).

55%
  • Syrette 15 Jul 2014 00:10:59 43,521 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    Titanic - 90%

This was on channel 4 last night.
    I have a theory about peoples perspective on this movie. I believe its a movie that's soooo easy to hate. True, there are cheesy moments (quite a few actually) and some parts that are damn right lame, and some that are questionable. However it is fantastic, I think they did an incredible job with this movie, and I reckon most people hate it until they're actually sat infront of the TV watching it.
    Plus, tits.

I assume there's a few of us in our mid to late 20s for whom Winslet brought us into a whole new world.

• Page

of 2770 First / Last