Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2664

• Page

of 2699 First / Last

• Khanivor 7 Jun 2014 16:42:45 40,349 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's also recognized as such in the OED, before a stretch to that escape hatch is cried out for.
  • YoshiMcTaggis 7 Jun 2014 16:48:45 2,780 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It even has an example talking about Blade Runner.
  • jablonski 7 Jun 2014 17:00:32 2,979 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    YoshiMcTaggis wrote:
    It even has an example talking about Blade Runner.
    It's gradually being given a new meaning thanks to yawnsome cunts like you repeating whatever Kermode or Empire told you to say
  • YoshiMcTaggis 7 Jun 2014 17:03:22 2,780 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's.... in.... the ... OED

Maybe we should all be saying 'ye' and 'olde'.

What a total nonce
  • poot 7 Jun 2014 17:21:38 479 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    This new meaning of trope is really throwing off all those people who use the old meaning with regularity.
  • YoshiMcTaggis 7 Jun 2014 17:23:54 2,780 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's literally thrown me for six
  • jablonski 7 Jun 2014 17:49:53 2,979 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Part 3 of my Craig R Baxley triple bill, is the film that pretty much ended his promising career.

"Stone Cold" (1991)

American Footballer Brian Bosworth stars as a cop who goes undercover in Lance Henrikson's biker gang.
    William Forsythe is great as always, but Bosworth is awful, and the film itself isn't much better.

4/10
  • BinaryBob101 7 Jun 2014 18:05:32 22,277 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm just watching Raiders of the Lost Ark for the first time in quite a while...

Indy is a paedo. I hadn't noticed this previously. I think I've been particularly naive. Anybody else not noticed this before, or is it just me.

:-(

Beautiful tender beings.

• Trowel 7 Jun 2014 18:17:10 17,424 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Those schoolgirls get younger with every viewing.

And hotter - amirite?
  • StarchildHypocrethes 7 Jun 2014 18:23:46 25,391 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    How is he a paedo? I don't remember him doing anything untoward with Short Round anyway...

Edited by StarchildHypocrethes at 18:43:33 07-06-2014
  • TechnoHippy 7 Jun 2014 18:39:06 14,698 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    I'm just watching Raiders of the Lost Ark for the first time in quite a while...

Indy is a paedo. I hadn't noticed this previously. I think I've been particularly naive. Anybody else not noticed this before, or is it just me.

:-(
    He's a rapist in Blade runner :-)

12 Years a Slave

While not quite the second coming I'd heard this was still a fine watch. It's a tragic and interesting story that is well told, although it does drag on a bit. It's one of those films that makes you despair for humanity, but also includes moments that restores that balance that out a bit. Some of the scenes are quite brutal, but the main theme is one of injustice and holding on. Well worth a watch.

8/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• gang_of_bitches 7 Jun 2014 18:39:25 5,442 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty 63/100

Bit of a curates egg this film. You have to admire it's attempt to be a bit different but that doesn't let it off the hook for some of it's shortcomings. I've always liked Ben Stiller more than I know I should and his performance here is decent if not exactly nuanced. The supporting cast are decidedly average and the comedy baddy boss blurs the lines between the real and fantasy aspects of the film and not in a good way.

Directorially it's pretty clunky and the attempts at creative shots just seem a bit forced. Incidentally I had no idea he directed Reality Bites, he's been that side of the camera long enough to do a better job.

Still the offbeat story makes it worth a watch and there are a few good moments.
  • poot 7 Jun 2014 19:11:03 479 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    How is he a paedo? I don't remember him doing anything untoward with Short Round anyway...
    When he talks to Marion she mentions she was young when they first hooked up (think the line is "I was a child!"). The script states she's supposed to be 25 then, and that it was 10 years ago when they banged.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 7 Jun 2014 19:15:45 25,391 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh, right. Were ages ever mentioned in the film? I always thought she just meant she was young (not that young admittedly...).
  • BinaryBob101 7 Jun 2014 20:15:00 22,277 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah, and this is waaaaayyy funked up too:

http://milenapopova.eu/2012/03/trigger-warning-indiana-jones-is-a-child-rapist.html

Beautiful tender beings.

• jablonski 7 Jun 2014 20:15:23 2,979 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    He also fucked John Hurt in Indy 4 which sent him mental, and kept touching that monkey's cock in Raiders
  • jablonski 7 Jun 2014 20:17:41 2,979 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    BinaryBob101 wrote:

http://milenapopova.eu/2012/03/trigger-warning-indiana-jones-is-a-child-rapist.html
    I think that would have read just as well without her constantly reminded us she was abused.
  • khaz 7 Jun 2014 20:49:34 2,701 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Edge of Tomorrow

Good idea, well executed. A big thing told through the characters, like all the best blockbusters. And i like Blunt. Good entertainment for 90 minutes.
  • glaeken 8 Jun 2014 11:30:30 11,083 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The worlds end - 4/10 - It's not funny enough for a comedy and it's far too shit to make it on it's sci-fi side of the story. It got particularly bad when they made it to the worlds end. That whole reveal part in the base under the worlds end was woeful.

The editing did remind me of Spaced in parts. Err that's it for good stuff.
  • jablonski 8 Jun 2014 11:58:47 2,979 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    A Force Of One.

Chuck Norris battles a Karate cop-killer.

Not bad at all, but technically a bit of a mess. Sound recording in particular.
  • DiddlerDo 8 Jun 2014 12:12:52 1,113 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Maleficient (spelling?) 8/10

Bloody good film this. Didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I did. Also didn't appreciate how good an actress Jolie is. But when I came out of the cinema I couldn't name a single film I've seen her in so maybe I've just always brushed her off as a celebrity as opposed to an actress.
  • DUFFMAN5 8 Jun 2014 12:25:14 14,380 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dallas Buyers Club
    Really enjoyed, I thought Rayon was excellent, had no idea Jared Leto also got an Oscar, well deserved. Good film and MM/Christian Bale played the part very well.
    80%

The Wolf of Wall Street
    Excellent, pure Scorsese. Dicaprio excellent as he tends to be in almost everything, the Metamorphosis into Nickolson/Welles is coming along nicely. I would say I think he should have got the best actor Oscar...maybe ? he is well overdue at any rate. I can only assume that Jonah Hill had those teeth done for the film ?
    I have this book on my Kindle, need to read it.
    Loved it.
    95%

Only one film left to see of the "holy Trinity" now.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• PES_Fanboy 8 Jun 2014 14:16:46 13,309 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jablonski wrote:
    BinaryBob101 wrote:

I think that would have read just as well without her constantly reminded us she was abused.
    Classic Jablonski.

Her blog is about the sexual abuse trope, not Indiana Jones.

I think the key words in that sentence aren't 'Indiana Jones'. 'Her blog' and 'sexual abuse', probably are.
  • jablonski 8 Jun 2014 14:49:35 2,979 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    PES_Fanboy wrote:
    jablonski wrote:
    BinaryBob101 wrote:

Classic Jablonski.

Her blog is about the sexual abuse trope, not Indiana Jones.

I think the key words in that sentence aren't 'Indiana Jones'. 'Her blog' and 'sexual abuse', probably are.
    Either way, I'm pretty sure George Lucas isn't responsible for her uncle being a fiddler (unless he's George Lucas).
  • Darth_Flibble 8 Jun 2014 15:18:48 1,615 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Carrie (remake) 2/10

Its shit, pointless remake with slight update in terms of camera phones etc but its just lazy. chloe moretz is mis-cast as carrie as she is not suited as a plain jane outsider.
  • captainrentboy 8 Jun 2014 17:08:41 943 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, she was absolutely terrible in the role, didn't fit at all.
    Oh no her hair is a bit straggly, and her clothes are a tad out of fashion, FUCKING DOOOOG!!
  • Dougs 8 Jun 2014 17:56:41 66,588 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Kings of Summer. 8/10. Lovely coming of age film about 2 (soon to be 3) friends struggling to cope with their parents. Some great moments and the 3rd friend steals many scenes.
  • jablonski 8 Jun 2014 18:04:06 2,979 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    The Kings of Summer. 8/10. Lovely coming of age film about 2 (soon to be 3) friends struggling to cope with their parents. Some great moments and the 3rd friend steals many scenes.
    Good film that.
  • Ged42 8 Jun 2014 18:19:29 7,700 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Maleficent 7/10

Much better than I was expecting, the plot is typical Disney fluff, but Angelina Jolie is fantastic. The special effects are also great, the best high fantasy i've seen in ages, the blend between the CG and real footage was spot on.
  • Trowel 8 Jun 2014 19:12:26 17,424 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Searchers - 9/10

It's taken me a long time to come round to appreciating this - the whole Western genre in general to be honest. Probably the 4th time I've seen it, but I've never really picked up on the character nuances before - could say the scenery gets in the way. Ethan's relationship with his brother's wife, Martin and Laurie's unspoken assumptions, Clayton's reluctant respect for Ethan's way of getting a job done, and the final shot in the doorway of John Wayne is one of great sadness of a life no longer with purpose.
  • Page

of 2699 First / Last