Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2620

• Page

of 2861 First / Last

• Dougs 7 May 2014 08:41:01 69,473 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, I only lasted about 20 mins with that too. Dreadful stuff. See also Tropic Thunder, which I did at least finish but it was quite shit.
  • Dougs 7 May 2014 08:42:59 69,473 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The Wedding Singer is quite good tbf. Not my cup of tea, but I can see why people like it.
  • chopsen 7 May 2014 08:45:00 16,281 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Archorman 2 - Watched In Entirety For the First Time on Someone Else's Screen on an Long-haul Emirates Flight While I listened to an Audiobook about Zombies Version

That fight at the end was a bit silly, wasn't it? I genuinely felt I probably didn't lose out on much without the audio.

6/10

Edited by Chopsen at 08:49:29 07-05-2014
  • Trowel 7 May 2014 08:58:22 18,054 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Little Shop of Horrors - 9/10

Was delighted to see just how well this has aged. I guess that's the benefit of being a musical with nothing to date it specifically, and the use of top quality puppetry will always outlast CGI. Hadn't realised it was a Menken/Ashman vehicle - very noticeable now after another 25 years or so of their lyrics (Ashman in hindsight sadly), in a good way! And the cameos just top it off as a brilliant way to spend an evening.

Edited by Trowel at 08:59:56 07-05-2014
  • gooner77 7 May 2014 09:28:41 895 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ElNino9 wrote:
    I'm astonished that people still pay to watch Adam Sandler films.

He got lucky with Big Daddy, the rest have been absolute fucking dross.
    Happy Gilmore is rather funny.
  • Steve_Perry 7 May 2014 09:35:49 5,198 posts
    Seen 16 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    There's one where he is a recluse because his family dies which isn't terrible.

All of his other films are though.
  • RedSparrows 7 May 2014 09:48:34 24,156 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    Little Shop of Horrors - 9/10

Was delighted to see just how well this has aged. I guess that's the benefit of being a musical with nothing to date it specifically, and the use of top quality puppetry will always outlast CGI. Hadn't realised it was a Menken/Ashman vehicle - very noticeable now after another 25 years or so of their lyrics (Ashman in hindsight sadly), in a good way! And the cameos just top it off as a brilliant way to spend an evening.
    Steve Martin owns that film, love it.
  • twelveways 7 May 2014 09:56:21 4,188 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Out of the Furnace

Quite a depressing film about loyalty and revenge. It felt quite long and it was very slow moving but the performances were great (Christian Bale and Woody Harrelson in particular but also Willem Defoe and Casey Affleck) so it wasn't boring and you really feel for the main character.

8/10
  • TheSaint 7 May 2014 10:02:44 14,826 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Steve_Perry wrote:

Punch Drunk Love?
  • Zomoniac 7 May 2014 10:07:52 7,975 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    Archorman 2 - Watched In Entirety For the First Time on Someone Else's Screen on an Long-haul Emirates Flight While I listened to an Audiobook about Zombies Version

That fight at the end was a bit silly, wasn't it? I genuinely felt I probably didn't lose out on much without the audio.

6/10
    They must've spend 80% of the entire film's budget on that five minute scene.

And it wasn't even remotely funny.
  • nickthegun 7 May 2014 10:08:14 61,272 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The last Adam Sandler movie I managed to sit through in its entirety was Hotel Transylvania.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• beastmaster 7 May 2014 10:11:15 11,962 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anchorman 2 is truly awful.

Only bit I really liked was "Bats! They're the chicken of the caves!"

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Zomoniac 7 May 2014 10:12:31 7,975 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hunger Games: Catching Fire

I preferred it to the first one (no idea what consensus in that regard is). Again, no idea how well it stays faithful to the book. Seems to do well at getting an emotional reaction out of me, the peacekeepers managed to incite a rage that I thought was exclusively reserved for when Joffrey was on screen.

Does end very abruptly though. I know it's the middle of a trilogy, but even so they tend to be a bit more smooth than that. I can only think of Deathly Hallows Part 1, which actually was half a film, that had such a jarring appearance of credits.

• nickthegun 7 May 2014 10:13:39 61,272 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It needed a good edit. If they lopped out all the slightly tired references to the first movie (like the fight) and pruned some of the shit that didnt work, it would be a good, snappy comedy.

Theres lots of funny stuff in there but its overshadowed by long stretches where nothing happens. It felt like it was 3 hours long.

• Steve_Perry 7 May 2014 10:14:04 5,198 posts
    Seen 16 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    Steve_Perry wrote:

Punch Drunk Love?
    This one.
  • Garrie_W1992 7 May 2014 10:30:05 44 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    The Expatriate - Netflix UK.

Was looking for something simple and easy on the eye to watch the other night and this caught my attention on Netflix. Aaron Eckhart does well as the lead character as does Liana Daine Liberato as a supporting actress. Story is generally well paced and the action scenes are done well. Overall, a decent action movie worth a watch when nothing else is on.

70/100.
  • PES_Fanboy 7 May 2014 10:59:57 18,867 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Anchorman 2 did at least make me realise my favourite Ferrell film isn't Anchorman.

(Step Brothers FTW)
  • nickthegun 7 May 2014 11:05:48 61,272 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This is a house of learned doctors

• LeoliansBro 7 May 2014 11:08:25 44,946 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Step Brothers is good in spite of Will Ferrell, not because of him.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• CosmicFuzz 7 May 2014 11:09:15 25,579 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Why are you so sweaty?

Come listen to us discuss the Playstation Experience in Episode 11 of Open Source. zoolophage writes in!

• StarchildHypocrethes 7 May 2014 11:09:22 26,580 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Step Brothers does indeed make me laugh.
  • CosmicFuzz 7 May 2014 11:20:51 25,579 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anchorman 2 is pretty decent as well. It's too long, and could do with about half hour/40 minutes cut out, but there's a lot in there that makes me laugh.

Come listen to us discuss the Playstation Experience in Episode 11 of Open Source. zoolophage writes in!

• LeoliansBro 7 May 2014 11:30:55 44,946 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anchorman isn't funny unless you're watching it in a group. Watch it on your own and it feels tiresome. Same with Austin Powers.

IMO

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• PES_Fanboy 7 May 2014 11:39:40 18,867 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Why are you so sweaty?
    I was watching Cops
  • Dougs 7 May 2014 11:44:09 69,473 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @CosmicFuzz pretty much my opinion too. Some good stuff, some not so good stuff and too long. It was worth a watch though.
  • Madder-Max 7 May 2014 11:49:57 11,687 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Punisher - Warzone 7/10

Great silly fun and I like Ray Stevenson. Very enjoyable.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• kinky_mong 7 May 2014 11:59:36 10,855 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Iron Man 2

I was expecting the worse from the internet rage this film generated, but I quite liked it. Sags in the middle and could have done with a bit of editing in that regard but I thought the rest was enjoyable.

7/10

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• jablonski 7 May 2014 13:25:03 4,839 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    So, that Zohan film. Or more accurately, the first 15 minutes of that Zohan film. Collected thoughts:

He's good at everything and has a large cock. What a sympathetic protagonist. I get we're supposed to root for him because he has a secret dream, but... hairdressing? Did they just spin a wheel of fortune for that?

It's about as racist as you can get when you only have homous jokes, of which there were five in the first quarter of an hour. In fact it's so vague in its racism I can't tell if he's supposed to be Mossad, Turkish, or something else. Lots of arabs living in mud huts with goats, classy.

John Turturro is so much better than this.

Awful, awful film.
    I actually really liked this. God knows why. I don't normally like the bloke, save for Happy Gilmore.

Casual racism in American TV/Film seems to be pretty widespread - I can't believe the amount of racist stuff in Family Guy they get away with, under the guise of satire.
  • jablonski 7 May 2014 13:26:33 4,839 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The Electric Horseman (56/100)

Robert Redford is a alcoholic ex-rodeo star now promoting breakfast cereal.
    He disagrees with the treatment of a prize-racehorse at a Las Vegas show and steals it.

Good first half, but second half slows to a crawl and goes nowhere.
  • Page

of 2861 First / Last