Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2616

• Page

of 2712 First / Last

• CharlieStCloud 1 May 2014 19:25:03 5,122 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Thank goodness I have seen the LEGO Movie already. It may not be an outlandish spoiler as such, but it certainly is something that you would rather see being revealed/surprised for yourself.

... you really are a smelly pooh in a corner for saying that, poohcorner.

: (
  • Fatiguez 1 May 2014 19:25:49 8,707 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There's just no point. Spoilers are one of those things that people definitely do get overly precious about, and it's a bit difficult because everyone puts the bar at a different height when it comes to what does and doesn't constitute a spoiler, but by and large you don't lose anything by just accepting that. You can't even claim, in this particular instance, that you don't consider it a spoiler because of how early it happens, since you wrote "PS - I'm not putting spoiler tags for the fucking Lego movie" in the very next post.

Anyway it's not bothering me personally, I didn't read the spoiler-not-spoiler and I'm sure I'll enjoy the Lego movie whenever I do see it regardless of whether or not I read plot points. So I'll just leave it at that.
  • Khanivor 1 May 2014 19:34:38 40,403 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What a cock.
  • nickthegun 1 May 2014 19:39:56 58,920 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    poohcorner wrote:
    If a film arises that has plot development with more impact and meaning than finding that someone's filled in part of the crossword on a communal newspaper, I'll happily use those tags.
    Appointing yourself as the forums arbiter of cultural worth is an incredibly slippery slope.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Kichijoten 1 May 2014 19:56:53 922 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Anchorman 2.

Average, not bad and has some funny moments. Utter shite vs the original though. Surely when making a film like this they knew it was pretty average?

6/10.,
  • Wunty_Phyve 1 May 2014 20:04:43 969 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Safety Not Guaranteed

Er. Really liked this. Some cracking performances and I don't think there was one character I didn't like. Major complaints were that I could have used a bit more time with one of the characters as I wanted his thread to be resolved a bit better. The other one being in the way the film ended. It went on for about five mins too long and in doing so steered the plot definitively towards something that I felt could have better been left as being ambiguous.

Still a great film though.

• jablonski 1 May 2014 20:16:34 3,413 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    poohcorner wrote:
    I've been that ever since I started wishing death on anyone who read and enjoyed Dan Brown.
    Such an original target
  • Dolly 1 May 2014 21:45:17 3,208 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    poohcorner, you're an absolute knobhead.
  • HarryPalmer 1 May 2014 22:21:19 3,124 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    I couldn't give a shit about the lego movie, but it's not the first time you've done. Why spoil stuff for other, it just seems like such a pointlessly dickish thing to do.
    I think it's because he's jaded and soulless.
  • Khanivor 1 May 2014 22:30:49 40,403 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    poohcorner wrote:
    Yes, yes, fair enough. It was a combination of knobbishness and quasi-trolling that clearly ruffled some feathers. I'm still somewhat weirded out that it was the Lego Movie at the centre of it all, but there we go. My sincere apologies to any caught in the wave of elitism and arrogance.

Emmet dies
    A combination of paying attention to the movies poohcorner wants to watch and deceptive PMs should provide much amusement.
  • oldschoolsoviet 1 May 2014 22:37:35 5,457 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    takosuke wrote:
    Cold Fish

Well..
    Iím gob smacked..

Itís great to watch a film where the acting goes beyond acting, to the point where the viewer feels like a fly on the wall. In this case, getting to experience a crazy story, of one man pulled into another mans world of excessiveness. Excessiveness at the expense of others. Itís nuts, and all the more shocking to know its based loosely on a true story.

As bizarre as it sounds, while there are elements of brutality (blood, chopped up bodies) the film is mostly vibrant, almost cartoon like, set against a backdrop of an Aquatic shop, where the employees are girls, where the owner drives a Ferrari, where the women appear to respect tough guys, not the wimps. Beyond all this, at the end, there's a message, in typical Japanese style.

9.5/10

Just finished watching. Jesus fucking Christ. Last time I pick up a recommendation from here. ;)

I dread to recommend this to friend, even if it's exactly his cup of tea, as he's also the spit of the main fella......
  • jablonski 1 May 2014 23:24:52 3,413 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    poohcorner wrote:
    Oh, it was a good ten years or so ago I started that particular campaign. I suppose I should jump on the new wagon and start hating on Oliver Potsch and John Green about now so that I can do that before other people think me not hipster enough.
    Or you could just never open your mouth or use a keyboard again.
  • Mola_Ram 2 May 2014 04:22:15 7,003 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    takosuke wrote:
    Cold Fish

Well..
    Iím gob smacked..

Itís great to watch a film where the acting goes beyond acting, to the point where the viewer feels like a fly on the wall. In this case, getting to experience a crazy story, of one man pulled into another mans world of excessiveness. Excessiveness at the expense of others. Itís nuts, and all the more shocking to know its based loosely on a true story.

As bizarre as it sounds, while there are elements of brutality (blood, chopped up bodies) the film is mostly vibrant, almost cartoon like, set against a backdrop of an Aquatic shop, where the employees are girls, where the owner drives a Ferrari, where the women appear to respect tough guys, not the wimps. Beyond all this, at the end, there's a message, in typical Japanese style.

9.5/10

Just finished watching. Jesus fucking Christ. Last time I pick up a recommendation from here. ;)

I dread to recommend this to friend, even if it's exactly his cup of tea, as he's also the spit of the main fella......
    I saw that at a film festival, and it was absolutely fantastic. If you're a fan, I definitely recommend checking out Sion Sono's other films. Particularly Love Exposure, and Guilty of Romance. Suicide Club is shocking, but otherwise unremarkable.
  • PES_Fanboy 2 May 2014 05:41:24 13,734 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    poohcorner wrote:

If you spoil 22 Jump Street for me I will fuck you right up.
    They jump one more time than in the first film. To be honest though I don't recall them jumping very often in the first film.

Jump Street 2: Even Jumpier

2/10
  • Kichijoten 2 May 2014 07:09:45 922 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Rust and bone.

French film on amazon video. Watch it. Has the actress from inception. There are fights and sex in it.

8/10.
  • CosmicFuzz 2 May 2014 07:13:19 23,372 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    PES_Fanboy wrote:
    poohcorner wrote:

If you spoil 22 Jump Street for me I will fuck you right up.
    They jump one more time than in the first film. To be honest though I don't recall them jumping very often in the first film.

Jump Street 2: Even Jumpier

2/10
    Sounds like the film Jumper should've been.

Can video games be a force for good? My latest article says yes!

• vijay_UK 2 May 2014 07:28:24 2,080 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Whenever I hear or read anything about the film Jumper, all I can think of is a jumper. Ruined the film for me. Bit like the film Eraser, to me this film should be about someone who uses a rubber.
  • khaz 2 May 2014 07:29:21 2,737 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Jumper's concept was so fucking fantastic.

What a fucking awful execution.
  • takosuke 2 May 2014 07:31:52 206 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    takosuke wrote:
    Cold Fish

Well..
    Iím gob smacked..

9.5/10

You could be next.. hahaha..
  • khaz 2 May 2014 07:32:03 2,737 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Btw, surprised at no talk of this:

New Star Wars cast!

"Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film."

I know John Boyega from Attack the Block and Serkis and Sydow obviously. Apparently, there's still one more major female role left to be cast.
  • mrpon 2 May 2014 07:37:44 28,497 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    All in here khaz http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/243816

Give yourself £5 or Ĺ gig, you're worth it.

• jablonski 2 May 2014 07:52:20 3,413 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    takosuke wrote:
    Cold Fish

Well..
    Iím gob smacked..

9.5/10

I saw that at a film festival, and it was absolutely fantastic. If you're a fan, I definitely recommend checking out Sion Sono's other films. Particularly Love Exposure, and Guilty of Romance. Suicide Club is shocking, but otherwise unremarkable.
    Love Exposure is fucking nuts. 4 hours long though!
  • khaz 2 May 2014 07:54:50 2,737 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    All in here khaz http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/243816
    Ah.

I never bother with the rest of the film forum. :D

Edited by khaz at 07:55:15 02-05-2014
  • Architect_z 2 May 2014 07:57:30 2,374 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The Lego Movie: 88%

Pleasantly surprised. I thought the trailer actually made the movie look pretty awful. But I loved the comedy, the characters were ace, and the story was perfectly ok for a family movie. Also liked the fact I could point at the screen and say "I used to have that piece in my collection!"
    The one thing I didn't like was the ending when it goes back to real life. It just seemed unnecessary and slowed the pace of the movie. But other than a few bits here and there, a very enjoyable movie experience.
  • Mola_Ram 2 May 2014 08:15:59 7,003 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    jablonski wrote:
    Love Exposure is fucking nuts. 4 hours long though!
    I can say that when I saw it (again at a film festival; there's limited chance to see these things on the big screen otherwise!), I was riveted for the entire 4 hours. It was like nothing I'd ever seen before.
  • Page

of 2712 First / Last