Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2579

• Page

of 2770 First / Last

• jablonski 12 Apr 2014 13:19:53 4,147 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    irrelevanthuman wrote:
    Escape from New York- 9/10, Adrienne Barbeau- sex on a stick/10

Following up with Prince of Darkness tonight.

What happened to you John Carpenter? you used to be beautiful.
    he had a hell of a run though, can't say that about too many directors
  • irrelevanthuman 12 Apr 2014 13:29:30 368 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @jablonski

True enough. I would take his career over my own pathetic effort that's for sure.
  • Gambit1977 12 Apr 2014 14:15:58 9,707 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @glaeken i guess you're right about it being done to death, like we still don't know the origin story...butbi just wish the rest of the film had held up as well as those scenes...and i quite enjoyed it in a brainless way.
  • macmurphy 12 Apr 2014 14:31:52 999 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Stand Up Guys

Terrible. I will watch anything but this is an abject waste of a great cast. Juliana Marguiles, Alan Arkin, Al Pacino and Cristopher Walken should ensure a great movie. This just had unbelievable acts after unbelievable act (Oh you got raped, have breakfast with us it will be fine. My dad just died? Yeah, fuck a funeral let's just bury him right now on our own.)

How these stars agreed to this and how the movie got made should give hope to wannabe movie makers everywhere- just about anybody could do better than this. And yes, Hollywood stars will sign up to toilet movies.
  • jablonski 12 Apr 2014 14:35:43 4,147 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    macmurphy wrote:
    Stand Up Guys

Terrible. I will watch anything but this is an abject waste of a great cast. Juliana Marguiles, Alan Arkin, Al Pacino and Cristopher Walken should ensure a great movie. This just had unbelievable acts after unbelievable act (Oh you got raped, have breakfast with us it will be fine. My dad just died? Yeah, fuck a funeral let's just bury him right now on our own.)

How these stars agreed to this and how the movie got made should give hope to wannabe movie makers everywhere- just about anybody could do better than this. And yes, Hollywood stars will sign up to toilet movies.
    haha, I love a review that starts so succinctly. :)
  • Gruff 12 Apr 2014 17:24:34 2,869 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Company Men 7/10 Channel hopped to this on Film 4, and stayed with it. Glad I did. Margin Call lite, enjoyable nonetheless.

By the by, was thrown for a while when I realised I had been watching Kevin Costner, and not somebody who kind of looked like him :)

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• mattk84 12 Apr 2014 18:16:21 474 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Raid 2 8/10

Some great action as you would expect but some sizable gaps in between which could put some off.Incredible what has been achieved on a total budget of far less than a Hollywood star. Amazing camera work during the chase scene particularly at one certain point but I will go no further here.

PSN ID IMrAndersonI

• TechnoHippy 12 Apr 2014 19:17:51 14,718 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Bullet

I wanted to like this, Danny Drejo is usually fun to watch in action unfortunately this wasn't. The first problem was him playing a cop, admittedly a bad ass cop, but even so it doesn't feel right. That's probably just me and the film does start ok although it falls apart fairly quickly right about when the French lawyer and the DOJ agent arrive.

The second problem is the editing, there's random slow motion and odd cuts liberally sprinkled throughout that are distracting. There's a few fights that despite the cuts make Trejo look like he's not trying at all. And that's the real problem with the film, nobody seems to care. We have some of the laziest running I have ever seen in an action film and a SWAT team that deserved what happened to them. Everyone involved seems to be just breezing through the script, playing cops and robbers.

It's always pleasant to end on a positive so here we go. I did watch it to the end and it wasn't the worst film I've ever seen.

3/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• jablonski 12 Apr 2014 20:13:27 4,147 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    TechnoHippy wrote:

Out of interest, what would you say is honestly the worst film you have ever seen?

Edited by jablonski at 20:14:11 12-04-2014
  • QotSAfan 12 Apr 2014 20:22:01 1,701 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Noah 2/10

It's the most climatic end of the world scenario you could dream up and yet nothing happens. So. Fucking. Boring. The two points are for the scene where Noah sneaks into the opposing camp, a genuinely gripping scene. Pity the rest of the film is muck.
  • TechnoHippy 12 Apr 2014 20:41:28 14,718 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    jablonski wrote:
    TechnoHippy wrote:

Out of interest, what would you say is honestly the worst film you have ever seen?
    Probably The Dominator, a British CG Manga type thing with Danny Filth providing the main voice.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• jablonski 12 Apr 2014 20:46:07 4,147 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The worst studio film I've seen is Mission Impossible 2 - just an awful vanity project, and the moment John Woo's melodramatic flourishes crossed over into pure cheese.

Worst film overall - "Raiders Of The Lost Cove". A zero budget 80's pile of shit.
    Can't even find it on Google now.
  • graysonavich 12 Apr 2014 20:51:03 7,355 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Worst film is always a bit of a misnomer. If I watch 10 films a week I've turned off 5 during the first act.
  • jablonski 12 Apr 2014 20:57:27 4,147 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've only ever turned off about 8 or 9 films in my life.
    Can't really judge it properly until it is finished.
  • Deckard1 12 Apr 2014 20:57:44 28,002 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Lovely Bones for me. I fucking hate it. Like its making me angry now thinking about it. I actually watched something a few weeks ago where I thought "this is fucking worse than the Lovely Bones" but I can't remember what it is now.
  • graysonavich 12 Apr 2014 21:00:13 7,355 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, I have weird friends who will never turn a film off. Like some sort of weirdo who would finish some gone off bread if they noticed it was 90% green mold
  • Trowel 12 Apr 2014 21:00:27 17,783 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Water For Elephants is the worst film I can remember seeing recently. Bet Pistorious wishes he'd thought of the killer elephant angle ;)
  • stephenb 12 Apr 2014 21:00:42 2,738 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Evil beneath Loch Ness.
    All though it sort of trancends in to so bad its good territory.

PSN : v--WEDGE--v

• jablonski 12 Apr 2014 21:02:24 4,147 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    Yeah, I have weird friends who will never turn a film off. Like some sort of weirdo who would finish some gone off bread if they noticed it was 90% green mold
    Well, some films are made by their endings. "Runaway Train" springs to mind.
    A 2 star film that instantly becomes a 4 star film for the last 30 seconds or so.
    "From Noon Till Three" is another. A film made by it's final shot.

Edited by jablonski at 21:02:53 12-04-2014
  • Deleted user 12 April 2014 21:03:46
    Got round to watching Wreck it Ralph 7/10

Good but not as good as it should have been
  • Bremenacht 12 Apr 2014 21:06:50 18,286 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd say Expendables 2 if it wasn't for Babylon A.D.
  • Bremenacht 12 Apr 2014 21:08:47 18,286 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh Unstoppable is now on Film 4. That could fit on anyone's top 10 worst films they've seen.
  • jablonski 12 Apr 2014 21:09:26 4,147 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    I'd say Expendables 2 if it wasn't for Babylon A.D.
    I liked his coat in Babylon, so that gets a pass from me.
  • Bananazniper 12 Apr 2014 21:14:53 628 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Worst film I've seen in last 12 months is Jack Reacher. Doesn't know whether to play it serious or ham it up, in the end does neither and is an embarrassment. And the story must be the most run of the mill story that it doesn't even deserve a TV movie. Pathetic.
  • Derblington 12 Apr 2014 21:15:05 21,638 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Oh Unstoppable is now on Film 4. That could fit on anyone's top 10 worst films they've seen.
    What? No way! It's not actually a bad film at all. It's completely by the numbers but entirely watchable.
  • Deckard1 12 Apr 2014 21:20:17 28,002 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah Unstoppable isn't that bad. Shit but likable shit.
  • beastmaster 12 Apr 2014 22:16:41 11,418 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    QotSAfan wrote:
    Noah 2/10

It's the most climatic end of the world scenario you could dream up and yet nothing happens. So. Fucking. Boring. The two points are for the scene where Noah sneaks into the opposing camp, a genuinely gripping scene. Pity the rest of the film is muck.
    Biblical fail?

/gets coat

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Max_Powers 12 Apr 2014 22:49:58 1,098 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Usually for me, for a film to be really bad it has to really irritate me. If it just bores me I will turn it off and forget about it. But now and then there are those films that just make you angry because of their shitness.

Last film that did that to me was Now You See Me.
  • Page

of 2770 First / Last