Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2578

• Page

of 2840 First / Last

• nickthegun 11 Apr 2014 12:55:56 60,975 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mattk84 wrote:
    Blazing Saddles is awesome but it's fair to say it loses its way in the last 20 mins or so.
    I like the fact that it knows comedies are hard to end and just goes crazy.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Madder-Max 11 Apr 2014 16:47:44 11,679 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Steve_Perry wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Yeah Firefly should be left alone now. I love it, and Serenity, but nothing will live up to it. It's had a great wrap up anyway
    That's what I never understood about all the moaning. It actually got a film and a great ending, which most cancelled shows don't.

Besides, don't loads of the main cast get killed in the end of the film?
    Yeah that they do.

The story from Serenity was what Season 2 was supposed to be about anyway, so it really was a perfect continuation/wrap up.
    Really? It was decent enough considering it was a film rather than a full series, but the reavers reduced to mindless zombies due to a 'vaccine' gone wrong? There was more to the reavers in the series as they were made out to be much more. They pilot space ships and then switch to mindless horde mode.
    Its this 'plot reveal' which unfortunatley introduces plot holes

We didn't find out about the preachers real background and there was no follow up on one of the best characters in the whole season, the bountly hunter from episode 14.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Physically_Insane 11 Apr 2014 16:54:08 9,104 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Joss said he was going to bring back the bounty hunter if it had been renewed. Such a shame.
  • jablonski 11 Apr 2014 17:06:55 4,507 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    But Joss said...
  • Physically_Insane 11 Apr 2014 17:08:44 9,104 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ... yeah.
  • nickthegun 11 Apr 2014 17:12:38 60,975 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Like it or not, its the intended culmination of most plotlines.

To be honest, a lot of shows could benefit from their last series being converted into a 90 minute movie.

• Physically_Insane 11 Apr 2014 17:30:18 9,104 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    o_O
  • thelzdking 11 Apr 2014 19:37:43 4,407 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Some old screwball comedies still stand up pretty well. I still think that the first cinema scene in Sullivan's Travels is very funny.

Dr Strangelove is one of the very best films I have ever seen, and remains very, very black despite the end of MAD and the fact that it's played in such a theatrical way. It's important to remember that while the characters are very OTT, the situation that arises in the film was considered to be quite likely. Nuclear strategists of the era considered it to be a far more realistic film than many straight nuclear war films released around the same time.

As someone said, though, it is Kubrick, so it does polarise people.

Edited by thelzdking at 19:46:33 11-04-2014
  • takosuke 11 Apr 2014 20:31:00 482 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Paranormal Activity 3

Paranormal Activity 1 and Paranormal Activity 2 were scary. Paranormal Activity 3 should maybe be re titled: Make You Jump Activity. The mum jumps out the wardrobe wearing a monkey mask. The Dad turns around and a girl is standing behind him. The Baby sitter says Boo into one of the cameras dotted around the house.

10/100 Paranormal Activity 3 = utter pants..

On a positive note. Iatleast I got to watch free on Netflix

Edited by takosuke at 20:31:33 11-04-2014
  • mentalabhoration 11 Apr 2014 21:04:39 69 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    jablonski wrote:
    My favourite comedy is "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid' with Steve Martin.
    Cleaning Woman!!!!!!!
  • Gambit1977 11 Apr 2014 21:13:28 10,382 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What does FOC mean?
    well, its when a man and a woman...
  • vijay_UK 11 Apr 2014 23:32:55 2,316 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Alpha Papa.

Not quite Alan at his best, but decent fun. I don't think they got his hair right in the film which is a shame.

7/10
  • drip 11 Apr 2014 23:38:57 4,573 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    jablonski wrote:
    Dr Stranglove (6/10).
    :evil:

Mola_Ram wrote:
    Dr Strangelove holds up for me
    :)
  • drip 11 Apr 2014 23:47:54 4,573 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fozzie_bear wrote:
    Noah 7.5/10

James Cameron's Titanic was very popular, because lots of people saw it and they like it, but I didn't like it because I like boats, and I don't like to see them sink, so I was very interested in Noah because it's pretty much the opposite of a boat sinking, because it floats rather than sinking which is a good thing for a boat.

Noah is about a man called Noah who gets into tricky situations on his boat with his daughter who is a wizard and probably could have done more to help. Overall it was better than Titanic, not just because the boat doesn't sink but because it's got elephants in it.
    I read several reviews, they range from 1 to 10, but this is the best one I've read. Gotta see it for myself, I suppose.
  • oldschoolsoviet 12 Apr 2014 00:33:03 5,529 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just back from The Raid 2.

Everything ramped up and extended, the gore, the violence, the camera work and the ferocity.

Unfortunately the overblown story is also given the same treatment, and it takes an age to get going, with long, drawn out scenes of simplistic plot explanation breaking up the action all too frequently. The re-use of certain actors caused some confusion, along with two scenes that would've benefitted from some exposition.

Thankfully, the finale restores some faith, but at over two hours there's ample that could've been edited out and spared my back killing me by the final third. After rewatching the relentless first this morning, the sequel is a tad too bloated for it's own good.

Once it hits disc, with the advantage of cue and a comfy bed, it'll be an 8/10. But not until then.
  • captainrentboy 12 Apr 2014 00:41:16 1,057 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Raid 2- 90%
    I liked it just as much as I did the first one. There's definitely a more satisfying story, and the fights/action scenes, of which there are plenty well spread out over the 2.5hr running time, are even more violent and well choreographed than the first movie's. (There was a lot of audible outbursts of excitement from the audience, at the more bone crunchy aspects of the fisticuffs)
    One thing I don't get is the criticism that Iko Uwais isn't in it enough. He's definitely still the star of the show, I never felt he was absent from the story or the action for too long. :/
  • jablonski 12 Apr 2014 01:03:06 4,507 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    DrStrangelove wrote:
    jablonski wrote:
    Dr Stranglove (6/10).

Mola_Ram wrote:
    I gave a good reason for my low score, and I'm just as bemused as you as to why I don't get on with it
  • jablonski 12 Apr 2014 01:03:29 4,507 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mentalabhoration wrote:
    jablonski wrote:
    My favourite comedy is "Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid' with Steve Martin.
    Cleaning Woman!!!!!!!
    Plane full of Germermans! :)

Edited by jablonski at 01:03:48 12-04-2014
  • Mola_Ram 12 Apr 2014 01:09:35 7,953 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    jablonski wrote:
    DrStrangelove wrote:
    jablonski wrote:
    Dr Stranglove (6/10).

Mola_Ram wrote:
    I gave a good reason for my low score, and I'm just as bemused as you as to why I don't get on with it
    It's because he hates Mass effect 3, isn't it. Yeah, it bugs me too.
  • drhcnip 12 Apr 2014 10:05:47 2,586 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    just suffered after earth on sky....fuck me/10
  • nickthegun 12 Apr 2014 10:08:25 60,975 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It is indeed mind bogglingly shit.

• jablonski 12 Apr 2014 10:19:00 4,507 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Enders Game (6/10)

Nowhere near as bad as I thought.
    Kind of feels like buying a game, but only playing the training mode over and over again, never trying the actual game itself.
    It all feels very pointless, but I admire how dark it is.
  • oldschoolsoviet 12 Apr 2014 11:43:31 5,529 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Beyond Outrage - 8/10

Sequel to Takeshi's Outrage from a few years ago, continuing the underworld politics of the Yakuza around five years later. Lots of plotting and scheming, punctuated bursts of violence, same composer with a stripped back soundtrack, and everything just solidly presented in it's slow methodical march to a resolution.

Talk of a third to shore up a trilogy, but where to take it could prove awkward. Here's hoping.
  • jablonski 12 Apr 2014 11:50:59 4,507 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    Beyond Outrage - 8/10

Sequel to Takeshi's Outrage from a few years ago, continuing the underworld politics of the Yakuza around five years later. Lots of plotting and scheming, punctuated bursts of violence, same composer with a stripped back soundtrack, and everything just solidly presented in it's slow methodical march to a resolution.

Talk of a third to shore up a trilogy, but where to take it could prove awkward. Here's hoping.
    In my opinion, Takeshi Kitano is one of the best directors still alive - so it's really depressing to see him making these production line gangster films. Just retreading what people want to see from him, rather than taking chances on new projects.
    I'll be the first to admit his recent artistic efforts didn't really hit the mark, but I'd love him to keep trying.

'Sonatine' is very near the top of my favourite films of all time.
  • glaeken 12 Apr 2014 13:01:14 11,234 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Man of Steel - 6/10 - Reasonably enjoyable though a bit too po faced in it's delivery. It was going for meaningful quite a bit and failed at that. I also think they could have skipped the Smallville bits as I just don't think there is any point going over them again. It also suffered from Lucas syndrome where there was far too much going on in a lot of the action scenes.

Anyway overall I thought it was watchable enough though if they make another one in this series you have to wonder where they can take it given the level of threat in this one.
  • Gambit1977 12 Apr 2014 13:06:23 10,382 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Strangely, i thought the Smallville parts were by far the best and probably the only scenes with any charm and character.
  • irrelevanthuman 12 Apr 2014 13:12:56 374 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Escape from New York- 9/10, Adrienne Barbeau- sex on a stick/10

Following up with Prince of Darkness tonight.

What happened to you John Carpenter? you used to be beautiful.
  • glaeken 12 Apr 2014 13:15:37 11,234 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Gambit1977 I just think I am overly familiar with the Smallville origin story. They could easily of left the origin a little more unknown and I think it would have worked. A vague hint at being adopted would have worked for me.
  • Page

of 2840 First / Last