Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2534

• Page

of 2710 First / Last

• Deckard1 17 Mar 2014 16:57:43 27,220 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I didn't even think there was any doubt about him being an android in 3? His heads stoved in and he barely flinches. It seems pretty obvious to me he's an android sent to trick her.
  • TarickStonefire 17 Mar 2014 16:58:05 2,901 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    If he's an android, I'm not quite sure why they wouldn't have given him white blood, as that would have been the obvious way of making it quite clear he's an android.

Unless it's Fincher taking a leaf out of Cameron's book and tricking his audience!
    Well yeah, that's the thing. If he's an android with red blood he must be an advanced model, so what would the thinking behind that development be, within the movie world? All I can think of is they did it because white blooded lifeforms were freaking people out and it was the next most obvious improvement they could make. And then they sent him in knowing he'd be most likely to convince Ripley of his humanity if she hit him - which of course she does - and LO! Red blood? He must be human! Oh noes, they tricked you Ripley!

Yeah, it's a bit of a stretch.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• LeoliansBro 17 Mar 2014 16:59:28 43,236 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, the white blood is kind of the pointer for androids in the Alien universe, so I would initially think he's human. However AvP has him living centuries earlier, so he can't be.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• kalel 17 Mar 2014 16:59:33 86,409 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    I didn't even think there was any doubt about him being an android in 3? His heads stoved in and he barely flinches. It seems pretty obvious to me he's an android sent to trick her.
    But again, the white blood thing exists pretty much purely as a device to signpost who is an android. Very very odd decision not to give him white blood, if he is indeed one.
  • HarryPalmer 17 Mar 2014 17:00:34 3,115 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Maybe they ran of cream or whatever by then.
  • sega 17 Mar 2014 17:00:42 762 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nah I've only heard of this Alien 3 Bishop android thing since Alien Vs Predator came out. It's probably more to do with Paul WS Anderson not realising Lance Henrikson was in Alien 3 and then declaring himself that Fincher's was an android.
  • Nexus_6 17 Mar 2014 17:01:12 3,872 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think Bishop is an android in 3. Have always thought so, since seeing it quite young. Just seemed obvious, but willing to accept other theories.

I always took it as being a fairly bleak, but ultimately positive way of ending Ripley's story, by reinforcing that although drastic, she was right to sacrifice herself as they shouldn't trust the company
  • TarickStonefire 17 Mar 2014 17:01:31 2,901 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    His head isn't stoves in, she wallops him with a pipe and it takes a lump of flesh (i.e., his hear) off at the side. People can survive that, and there's a few moments during the ensuing scene when he puts his hand up to his head as if to quell the pain. As she falls into the lead he literally screams NOOOOOOOOOO! - that doesn't ring true for me if he's an android - an android would just be like "Aw for fucks sake. Oh well. Mission over, let's roll out."

That guy on the other hand appears to have a *lot* personally invested in retrieving the queen from inside her. Would an android be that invested?

Edited by TarickStonefire at 17:02:36 17-03-2014

• mrpon 17 Mar 2014 17:03:16 28,479 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    HarryPalmer wrote:
    Maybe they ran of cream or whatever by then.
    Lance is lactose intolerant I heard.

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• TarickStonefire 17 Mar 2014 17:03:25 2,901 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    sega wrote:
    Nah I've only heard of this Alien 3 Bishop android thing since Alien Vs Predator came out. It's probably more to do with Paul WS Anderson not realising Lance Henrikson was in Alien 3 and then declaring himself that Fincher's was an android.
    And really it doesn't matter what he says, his movie has no relevance to the original three alien series.

• kalel 17 Mar 2014 17:03:28 86,409 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I just googled the question and apparently in the script it actually says he's human, which would seem to clear that one up.
  • TarickStonefire 17 Mar 2014 17:04:48 2,901 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    I just googled the question and apparently in the script it actually says he's human, which would seem to clear that one up.
    Interesting - how is it relayed in the script?

• kalel 17 Mar 2014 17:06:55 86,409 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I don't know, I got the info secondhand from posts on a forum, hence me saying "apparently".
  • sega 17 Mar 2014 17:07:46 762 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    sega wrote:
    And really it doesn't matter what he says, his movie has no relevance to the original three alien series.
    I know, I'm not saying Anderson is right but just think that's where the Alien 3 Bishop Android rumours probably came from. Frankly I'm happy to discard anything AVP from the series, so he's human to me.
  • Nexus_6 17 Mar 2014 17:07:50 3,872 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    More to the point, why did no one else pick up Khanivor's howler about Godfather Part II?

He and Cerberus both lost face today...
  • Deckard1 17 Mar 2014 17:07:55 27,220 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    His head looks pretty stoved in to me. His ear is hanging off. I just always assumed he was an upgrade or something. Yeah the red blood is a weird decision, but then so is having his ear flapping about like some android skin.

Has anyone who's seen the director commentary confirm it? Cerberus?
  • Deckard1 17 Mar 2014 17:08:38 27,220 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Yeah I saw that, it was from the novelisation I think.
  • kalel 17 Mar 2014 17:09:26 86,409 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ah the irony. We cast out cerberus just before we needed him most.
  • nickthegun 17 Mar 2014 17:10:36 58,851 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think we can put that one down to one of the many examples of Alien 3 being shit.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• TarickStonefire 17 Mar 2014 17:11:27 2,901 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    His head looks pretty stoved in to me. His ear is hanging off. I just always assumed he was an upgrade or something. Yeah the red blood is a weird decision, but then so is having his ear flapping about like some android skin.

Has anyone who's seen the director commentary confirm it? Cerberus?
    In my mind having your head stoved in means the skull gives way and you end up with a concave wrench-shaped dimple where your brain should be… ;)

• kalel 17 Mar 2014 17:12:54 86,409 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The ear thing aside, I think Tarick's point about his general behaviour is more relevant. All the androids in the series are very robotic and emotionless, whereas he's extremely human in the way he reacts.
  • sega 17 Mar 2014 17:13:28 762 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I just checked the script - pretty much confirms it:

AARON
    You fucking Droid --!!

And smashes Bishop II in the head.
    Bishop II writhes on the floor. The troops fire on Aaron, shoot him down.
    Bishop II turns.
    No wires.
    No milk.
    Real blood.
    BISHOP II
    I am not a DROIDDDDDDD!!!!
  • Deckard1 17 Mar 2014 17:21:27 27,220 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thats from the Novelisation not the script.

But yeah they're fair points, I'd always just assumed he was a human to be honest, after his head is fucked up and he doesn't seem to really flinch. Plus it makes more sense to the story, but then this is Alien 3 we're talking about. And the Bishop in Aliens shows emotion at times, and also screams in pain when the alien rips him in two.

Edit:
    and by human I mean android obviously

Edited by Deckard1 at 17:26:16 17-03-2014
  • TarickStonefire 17 Mar 2014 17:22:39 2,901 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    This has been a fun afternoon! :D

• kalel 17 Mar 2014 17:23:31 86,409 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Note how there's no confusion or arguments about what happens in the original Alien, just its inferior sequels...
  • nickthegun 17 Mar 2014 17:24:10 58,851 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I always assumed he was a more advanced android.

like a PS4 to a Wii U. They do the same thing, but you would only send one down a mine.

He totally called it

• sega 17 Mar 2014 17:26:08 762 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Thats from the Novelisation not the script.
    Nah I got that from the used Alien 3: Final Draft script by Walter Hill & David Giler. The page indentations didn't seem to show in the quote box for some reason.

Edited by sega at 17:26:28 17-03-2014
  • Deckard1 17 Mar 2014 17:28:27 27,220 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh well. That makes Alien 3 even shitter then.
  • TarickStonefire 17 Mar 2014 17:46:53 2,901 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Oh well. That makes Alien 3 even shitter then.
    I think Bishop II being a human makes that ending great. But I appear to be very much alone in having a strange kind of respect for Alien3.

• nickthegun 17 Mar 2014 17:51:16 58,851 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nah, that cerberus guy loved it too.

He totally called it

• Page

of 2710 First / Last