Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2488

• Page

of 2838 First / Last

• imamazed 26 Feb 2014 16:05:38 5,881 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    craigy wrote:
    @joelstinton yup, TWE is essentially a feature-length episode of Doctor Who. A good summation.
    Hence it's awful.

OK, not awful. There's a few good gags in there. But yeh, nonsense.
  • gooner77 26 Feb 2014 17:44:31 853 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lego Movie 7/10

Was a good afternoon's entertainment for my Son and I but its not a classic. Seems a tad overhyped.
  • CosmicFuzz 26 Feb 2014 18:42:40 25,281 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I thought it was bloody brilliant myself. Bad cop and his chair had me laughing out loud the whole way through.

How patches are ruining the future of gaming My thoughts.

• thelzdking 26 Feb 2014 18:44:19 4,405 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Blakester wrote:
    Rhaegyr wrote:
    Double Indemnity

Never get tired of watching this - an absolute classic and for my money the best film noir ever made. Edward G. Robinson steals the show.

Probably Wilder's best film too which speaks volumes.

10/10
    Nah, gotta be The Apartment.
    Sunset Blvd.

And Robinson does steal the show. It's great when he tells the CEO that his suicide idea is stupid, then proceeds to tell him that he's stupid, that he knows nothing about insurance and that he's rubbish at his job before stealing his drink and leaving.
  • takosuke 26 Feb 2014 19:59:19 456 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Atomised 85/100

The first time I watched this, which was some years ago, it failed to hold my attention, and frankly it bored me.

Yesterday I gave it another go. I made more of an effort to stick with it. There are some genuinely funny moments. Franka Potente (she was also in Run Lola Run) is really quite hot in her own way.
  • sega 26 Feb 2014 20:39:07 908 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Robocop Remake: Not sure/100

It was actually pretty disturbing, so was weird watching it in a screen full of kids and families on a weekend afternoon. The part early on where they take him apart would have traumatised me at that age.

I think I can recommend it, though. It was quite different to the original and I think they can live side by side. A clearly inferior film, but it does bring up some things that the original doesn't address but will now think about in future viewings. I suppose in that respect it adds to the original rather than take away from it.

The re-designed ED 209's seem way too efficient, though.
  • Gemeo 26 Feb 2014 21:26:55 253 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Drive (seen on Netflix)

9/10
  • Architect_z 27 Feb 2014 09:27:54 2,385 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Not 'Drive' again. *grumbles*
  • spindle9988 27 Feb 2014 09:32:32 3,654 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Office space 8.5/10

This was my first viewing and I really enjoyed it. The printer scene is class

Being Elmo 9/10

Loved this so much that I had a read on the puppeter afterwards. If you do what I did, it may ruin the magic of the film slightly

Edited by spindle9988 at 09:33:48 27-02-2014
  • Deckard1 27 Feb 2014 10:29:34 29,092 posts
    Seen 54 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Its why I had to sell my Jim'll Fix It box set.

Fish fingers and chips pretty straight forward.

• gamingdave 27 Feb 2014 11:59:01 4,284 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Watched a few recently.

Filth - 7/10

Great performances all round (Jim Broadbent is sublime), great story, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I was hoping to.

Looper - 8.5/10

Pleasantly surprised to find there was more to the story than the synopsis would suggest. The time travel logic has a few issues but then they always do, but that didn't distract. Good pace throughout and some solid performances.

In Time - 6/10

It wasn't awful and Timberlake was better than I expected. He probably looked better than he was though as the rest of the cast weren't exactly stella. Some interesting concepts but it could have been a lot more subtle at times.

National Lampoons Vacation - 10/10 (as always)

Watched this with the commentary track on which was both funny and informative. It's easily one of my favourite films.
  • JoeBlade 27 Feb 2014 14:39:47 2,614 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    gamingdave wrote:
    ...as the rest of the cast weren't exactly stella.
    "No wives were beaten during the making of this film"?
  • wuntyphyve 27 Feb 2014 15:45:43 1,506 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    VHS

Wasn't expecting much from this to be honest but ended up watching it on netflix after a mate recommended it.

Don't know if it was my frame of mind or being overtired or what but my sphincter threatened to loosen on more than one occasion. Pretty good over all and well executed with some decent practical gore effects. In fact it was a lot bloodier than I thought it would be, glad didn't get the Mrs to watch it.

Let down by some questionable acting and over long running time. If the weakest of the five stories was dropped then I would be better. By the end you have a headache with all the amateur filming.

7.5/10
  • Gruff 27 Feb 2014 18:08:39 2,939 posts
    Seen 35 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Philomena 9/10 Found it terrifically enjoyable, with a seam of comedy gold running throughout, helps sugar the pill of what must have been terrible events to have been subjected to.

Some classic one liners, perversely from Dench. Top performances from the two leads made for one of the best films I have seen in a while.

It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.
    ― Agnes Repplier

• JoeBlade 27 Feb 2014 20:57:29 2,614 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Django Unchained

I literally cried tears of laughter during this one. The opening scene with the "Now as to you poor devils. So as I see it, when it comes to the subject of what to do next, you gentlemen have two choices." alone is well worth the money I spent on the DVD.
    Its main black mark would be that the underlying theme is essentially the same as Inglorious Basterds, i.e. the opressed getting back at the opressors. And a large part of the second half where the film tries to be classic western-y rather than satire was, while entertaining, not as good as the rest of it.

Still, those are minor flaws in an otherwise fantastic flick. And Christoph Waltz is once again nothing short of utterly sublime.

9/10
  • yupyup 27 Feb 2014 22:25:42 3,682 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Gruff wrote:
    Philomena 9/10 Found it terrifically enjoyable, with a seam of comedy gold running throughout, helps sugar the pill of what must have been terrible events to have been subjected to.

Some classic one liners, perversely from Dench. Top performances from the two leads made for one of the best films I have seen in a while.
    +1

Saw this in the cinema knowing very little of the story surrounding it and enjoyed it immensely. Dench & Coogan make a great pairing.

Hands Off Our Penises

• JYM60 27 Feb 2014 23:30:58 16,878 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wunty_Phyve wrote:
    VHS

Wasn't expecting much from this to be honest but ended up watching it on netflix after a mate recommended it.

Don't know if it was my frame of mind or being overtired or what but my sphincter threatened to loosen on more than one occasion. Pretty good over all and well executed with some decent practical gore effects. In fact it was a lot bloodier than I thought it would be, glad didn't get the Mrs to watch it.

Let down by some questionable acting and over long running time. If the weakest of the five stories was dropped then I would be better. By the end you have a headache with all the amateur filming.

7.5/10
    I thought it was decent too. 2nd is slightly better though.

[8/10] http://www.youtube.com/lllBetterThanHalolll

• karlo87 28 Feb 2014 02:24:19 1,670 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The Chaser - Fuck me that was a frustrating watch. Even worse considering it was based on a true story. It was really good though. Director got his opinions on the korean police and justice process over brutally well.
    Korean cinema really is the polar opposite to hollywood.
    7/10.

Edited by karlo87 at 02:25:27 28-02-2014

Damn that sorcerer! Twenty gold pieces and Im wankered on Rohypnol.

• Gambit1977 28 Feb 2014 08:01:58 10,382 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @karlo87 I'm sure i read somewhere there's an obligatory US remake in the works. Really doesn't need it.

i enjoyed The Chaser a lot. There's a strange stage like quality to the lighting and sets, even outdoors that i liked.
  • twelveways 28 Feb 2014 08:16:06 4,117 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JoeBlade wrote:
    Django Unchained

Its main black mark would be that...
    Racist
  • twelveways 28 Feb 2014 08:17:17 4,117 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wolf of Wall Street

Great movie, laugh out loud funny in places and great performances all round. My only problem was that it is very very long, I was struggling to stay awake at the end although I forced myself to as I was enjoying it so much.

9/10
  • Architect_z 28 Feb 2014 09:02:14 2,385 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The Thing (1982) - 100%

Still to this day my favourite film of all time. Great story, acting, intensity. And considering the film is almost 30 years old, the model work still looks great.

I kinda wanna see the Prequel again, but I remember it slightly sucking.

Edited by Architect_z at 09:02:46 28-02-2014
  • wuntyphyve 28 Feb 2014 09:39:27 1,506 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    The Thing (1982) - 100%

Still to this day my favourite film of all time. Great story, acting, intensity. And considering the film is almost 30 years old, the model work still looks great.

I kinda wanna see the Prequel again, but I remember it slightly sucking.
    Don't do it. I only wish I could unsee that travesty.

And yes, agree with you on the 100%. My personal fav film of all time along with Big Trouble in Little China, although The Thing just edges it. The effects are still top notch, just shows practical beats CGI every time.
  • gamingdave 28 Feb 2014 10:19:18 4,284 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Dark Knight - 9+/10

Hadn't watched this since the cinema and whilst I remembered it was good, I had thankfully forgotten chunks of it (at least till just before they happened). The wife was out last night and tonight, so it gave me a chance to watch it on the projector with the sound cranked up in anticipation of finally getting round to watching DK Rises. Was even better than I remembered.

A lot was said about Ledgers performance at the time and you couldn't help but think maybe people were exaggerating in the circumstances. He really was bloody amazing in this though. I love Jack Nicholson's Joker, but this is a whole different level.

My only real issues are how Dent changes so fast (why doesn't Batman tell him he was actually trying to save Rachel not him) and why at the end Batman has to take the fall for Dent's actions. Why not just blame the Joker?
  • sega 28 Feb 2014 10:30:15 908 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @gamingdave they couldn't blame The Joker because he's still alive. He'd have just denied it and said it was Dent, as it was his plan. Batman taking the blame means it's one madman against the other, but if a criminal takes responsibility himself, he's generally seen as guilty.
  • CosmicFuzz 28 Feb 2014 10:32:30 25,281 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    My problem with TDK is that it's a tad overlong (the ferry scene drags it down I think). And they should have saved Two-Face for another film rather than cram him in at the end.

How patches are ruining the future of gaming My thoughts.

• RedSparrows 28 Feb 2014 10:39:42 23,834 posts
    Seen 47 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, he's jammed in unecessarily. It's a great watch, and Ledger is fantastic, however.
  • gamingdave 28 Feb 2014 10:40:52 4,284 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    sega wrote:
    @gamingdave they couldn't blame The Joker because he's still alive. He'd have just denied it and said it was Dent, as it was his plan. Batman taking the blame means it's one madman against the other, but if a criminal takes responsibility himself, he's generally seen as guilty.
    But who's going to believe the Joker? And if people were going to believe him, why wouldn't the Joker still say it was Dent, and not Batman? Killing the Joker and blaming him would surely have been a better outcome for all involved.
  • gamingdave 28 Feb 2014 10:41:57 4,284 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I didn't mind the ferry scene, it's rather integral to showing what it is Gotham has to lose, and why it's worth the sacrifice.
  • b0rk 28 Feb 2014 10:47:31 2,942 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Dark Knight is just a bunch of setpieces and is easily the worst of the Nolan Batman trilogy in my opinion. I just can't engage with it at all because it doesn't have any emotional depth whatsoever. Some of the best scenes can be enjoyed entirely out of context and viewed on YouTube because the movie doesn't come together as a satisfying whole.
  • Page

of 2838 First / Last