Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2484

• Page

of 2587 First / Last

• CosmicFuzz 21 Feb 2014 13:34:27 21,241 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Physically_Insane wrote:
    Architect_z wrote:
    When Terminator 3 came out, that film featured one of the cyborgs hands going through a humans body, covered in blood with his heart in hand (iirc).

Terminator 3 was a rated '12'

I'm sure 4/5 years earlier it definatley would have been given an 18
    Yeah that film's weird. I can't recall any other gory scene apart from the hand through the chest.
    I try not to recall any scenes from that film at all. It's amazingly dated already. The shoot out in the cemetery is like a cheap TV movie.

What's your thoughts on Heroes Reborn? Read my TV musings here.

• Load_2.0 21 Feb 2014 13:53:09 18,197 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That is my biggest gripe with Terminators.

They spent WAY too much time throwing people around.

Robot fist through the chest or throat. Job done, home for tea.
  • Bremenacht 21 Feb 2014 14:19:12 15,753 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, for Terminators, they really don't spend much time terminating.

Once an eagle taught me courage. And I will never forget that day

• kinky_mong 21 Feb 2014 14:24:38 9,607 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    I remember the first Raimi Spider-man was a 12, which I thought was a bit crazy. Nothing really in it that was worse than most PGs.

Although I'm sure that was one of the earliest 12As.
    Wasn't it the first 12A? Much like how Batman was the reason the 12 certificate was created as a middle ground between PG and 15 (and that would definitely get a PG now).

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• sega 21 Feb 2014 14:33:19 557 posts
    Seen 21 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think violence has become acceptable to show to almost any age now but anything with swearing or nudity in it bumps the rating right up. If Terminator 3 was exactly the same, but they showed the full naked TX, you could guarantee the rating would be higher.

Same with Terminator 1 and 2. The second film clearly has more violence thanks to the T-1000's stabbing spree, but the original gets an 18 because you briefly see boobs in it.
  • BinaryBob101 21 Feb 2014 14:35:17 21,966 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Don;t think you're allowed many cunts in a 15.

Goose fat is sponsored by:

Lens Flare

• Architect_z 21 Feb 2014 14:46:59 2,302 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The old spiderman movie was the first 12A in the UK. I think it changed as a result of people complaining that their kids couldn't go and see it.
  • FatSternKikwi 21 Feb 2014 14:50:14 276 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The final fight with green goblin was fairly bloody/scary especially the death scene. It being a 12 would have been a bit dumb but 12A was a nice compromise.
  • thelzdking 21 Feb 2014 14:51:40 3,962 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It does seem that violence isn't what it used to be to the censors. I guess part of it is context though.

I refer back to my review of Heathers on the previous page. I honestly couldn't see a film like that, with that tone (that is jet black) getting anything less than than a 15 if it were made today, and not because of the violence per se, but because of the cultural connotations attached to teenage suicides and school shootings.

I also remember the big bru-ha-ha about Mrs Doubtfire's rating over a single line about the parents' divorce, or something.

Edited by thelzdking at 14:52:23 21-02-2014
  • CosmicFuzz 21 Feb 2014 14:54:42 21,241 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    As a nation, we're definitely becoming more and more desensitised to violence, boobs and bad language. I remember thinking Men In Black had loooooads of the word 'shit' in it for a PG when it came out.

Nowadays you get a good couple of 'fucks' in a 12 before it gets bumped up. (Which is something I never understood about them blanking out the word from Die Hard 4.)

• kinky_mong 21 Feb 2014 14:57:45 9,607 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    Don;t think you're allowed many cunts in a 15.
    The World's End got away with three. The 12 certificate seems to only get trotted out for comedy films that say fuck a couple of times now.

• BinaryBob101 21 Feb 2014 15:04:53 21,966 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Pegg, Frost and Freeman?

Goose fat is sponsored by:

Lens Flare

• kinky_mong 21 Feb 2014 15:21:13 9,607 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    Pegg, Frost and Freeman?
    I resisted doing that joke in my original post. ;)

• Architect_z 21 Feb 2014 15:37:28 2,302 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    After watching a few classic bond movies recently, it's almost funny watching someone get shot, or stabbed and not seeing any blood, or wounds.
    I don't think blood is too much of a problem in small amounts, we're born knowing we have blood in us...etc.

Saying that, my Dad allowed me to watch films like Commando when I was around 8-10 years old.

Edited by Architect_z at 15:38:32 21-02-2014
  • CosmicFuzz 21 Feb 2014 15:45:40 21,241 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's come full circle. We've now got Robocop and Total Recall remakes where everyone is just a walking blob of CGI.

• RichieTenenbaum 21 Feb 2014 16:03:04 2,157 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm not so sure that showing thousands of people getting shot and just 'falling over' with no blood or consequence isn't in fact a little bit worse.
  • CosmicFuzz 21 Feb 2014 16:06:11 21,241 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It definitely is. Nothing more bland than seeing someone shoot up a room with zero blood etc. That makes me sound a bit masochistic, but if stuff like the new Total Recall is anything to go buy, it's just incredibly boring to watch people falling over in succession.

• Deleted user 22 February 2014 09:36:34
    Talking of plenty of blood. American Physco

Never seen this before, it's been one of those that i never got round to watching (Or reading) Enjoyed it immensely. Liked Bale's performance , which is frighteningly unpredictable. Just enjoyed the breadth of subjects about modern life it addresses, which when seeing the trailers for films like Dom Jon, AP addresses in single frames, or scenes. I just hope it never gets remade for the youtube/facebook self importance generation.

Chloe Sevigny is rather cute in it too!

9/10
  • Gambit1977 22 Feb 2014 09:44:54 9,560 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Oldboy 2013.
    I put this on as i couldn't sleep, and managed to stay awake until he wakes up in the suitcase (hardly a spoiler!).

i then woke up for it to be the end credits and actually had to look up why it had garnered such terrible reviews.

having researched, i loaded it back up. Found a scene containing said 'major issue' and laughed out loud. Seemingly Grotbags wouldve been better casting!

I'll say no more but what a shame that for the second time in 6 months i am saying Sharlto Copely has completely fucked an enjoyable movie.
  • beastmaster 22 Feb 2014 10:01:26 10,178 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Elizabeth Olsen though. Momma....

Anyhow, second viewing of

Wolf Of Wall Street - 9/10

As my mate summed up, "There's a lot of pussy in that film!".

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Gambit1977 22 Feb 2014 10:05:47 9,560 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @beastmaster very true. Cant wait to see her in her scarlet witch outfit ;-)
  • vijay_UK 22 Feb 2014 12:13:36 1,670 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    It's come full circle. We've now got Robocop and Total Recall remakes where everyone is just a walking blob of CGI.
    It's about time we got a remake of the Total Recall remake. If there isn't a woman with 3 titties in a TR movie, then do it again until you get it right.
  • TechnoHippy 22 Feb 2014 14:40:47 14,637 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Joe Kidd

I'll admit that while I'm sure I've watched this film before, I don't remember it and having watched it again I can see why I don't remember it. Don't get me wrong it's not a bad film, in fact its reasonably entertaining, but it's not a very memorable one and its far from Eastwood's best.

Clint effectively plays the role he does best, he's a calm and steady handed tracker (a slight variation from his usual bounty hunter), although it's a little at odds with the set up. He's supposed to be the town drunk, but apart from the opening cell with him waking up not remembering his last drunken excitement you wouldn't think that he's a drunk.

It doesn't matter too much once the film gets going as he slips into his usual role that we're all familiar with. The story concerns local land titles being usurped by big business and one of the locals takes the law into his own hands. Naturally the local tycoon responds in kind and hires Kidd to track the rebel down. Things then progress in a predictable manner and that's the film big problem, it does enough to keep you watching, but not enough to make it stand out in any way.

7/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• askew 22 Feb 2014 15:06:27 11,454 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    vijay_UK wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    It's about time we got a remake of the Total Recall remake. If there isn't a woman with 3 titties in a TR movie, then do it again until you get it right.
    There was in the version I saw at Christmas - although it was the Wiseman cut of the remake.

Still shit.
  • vijay_UK 22 Feb 2014 16:16:53 1,670 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    askew wrote:
    vijay_UK wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    There was in the version I saw at Christmas - although it was the Wiseman cut of the remake.

Still shit.
    Clearly I've missed something, my apologies. I saw this in the cinema, and I think I did fall asleep.
  • CosmicFuzz 22 Feb 2014 16:20:53 21,241 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Did she not have a bit of red tape over her nips though?

• Dougs 22 Feb 2014 16:40:05 64,903 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    After the love for Office Space, gave it a watch last night. But underwhelmed tbh, it's probably because a lot of themes have appeared in other films. Enjoyed it but wasn't as impressed as I thought I'd be. 6.5/10
  • TechnoHippy 22 Feb 2014 18:57:22 14,637 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Collector

From the start I thought that someone had obviously watched Saw and decided that it wasn't mental enough, amusingly it turns out that this was written by the same people that did the later Saw films. That should be enough of a clue to determine that this is a very gory film and filled with the same devious and wince worthy traps.

The film is centered around a serial killer called the collector, he kills groups of people at a time but kidnaps one of them, but no-one knows why. The film opens in a night club where he has positioned some nasty traps that rack up the kill count quite rapidly. Amidst the chaos one of the previous victims escapes and another one taken.

A team of mercenaries has been hired to rescue the girl and the escapee has rather handily memorised the location he was taken to. There the trap theme continues. I have to say that this isn't a good film, however it is reasonably entertaining. Yes it's very silly, but it does have some nice ideas woven into the gore. I do prefer atmospheric horror, but I don't mind visceral horror and this does an ok job at that.

6/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Razz 22 Feb 2014 23:03:22 59,994 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Gravity

Beautiful film, stupid annoying bloody incompetent Ryan Stone. Forgiveable as I still have a major crush on Sandra bullock. Why the fuck was this person allowed into space? I know it was supposed to be a scary film, but I found it absolutely hilarious. Very entertaining, if unintentional.

7/10

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• MatMan562 22 Feb 2014 23:12:47 1,906 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Due to various reasons, I missed out on watching Gravity at the cinema last year and I was gutted as it seemed to be one that really should be watched in a cinema and I'd heard the 3D was great too. I assumed I'd have to settle for the Blu-Ray whenever it comes out. However, for some reason, and I've no idea why, my local cinema is showing Gravity again this week so I finally got a chance to see it.

I'd tried to stay away from hearing about it as I knew it would be a film I'd love but even so I was worried it would be overhyped as everything I had heard about it made it sound incredible. It was incredible! Basically everything about it seemed perfect to me, the direction of it was great, the pacing was great, the acting was great, the CGI... well I've no idea what parts were CGI and what wasn't (obviously I could take some educated guesses :p )!

Also, it was an incredibly tense film, pretty much the whole way through I felt a little stressed out by it. When the film ended and the credits started to roll, nobody got up. It was as though everybody was just catching their breath!

I've always been fascinated by astronomy, I think the next step after this film would be to actually go into space myself but, for now, this'll do!

10/10

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Page

of 2587 First / Last