Unbreakable 8/10
  • Khanivor 22 Jan 2014 02:47:47 41,120 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Salt 2 - 7/10
  • Mola_Ram 22 Jan 2014 02:51:45 7,997 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I was wondering if/when they'd make a sequel to that. I liked the first one.
  • fletch7100 22 Jan 2014 04:14:04 7,441 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Wolf of Wall Street. 9/10

Loved it. Opening 15 mins lets you know if you will love or hate this movie.The 3 hrs just flew by, repeat viewing may feel different with the running time. Is worth it for DiCaprios performance. Couple of scenes were reminding me of GoodFellas

Some great moments Flashback scene when we see him taking drugs with Jonah Hill:), stag do,also "fuck is it Wednesday already? "
  • Punctum 22 Jan 2014 12:22:08 1,024 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Samsara

Excellent piece of film making. Beautiful images and sounds combine to deliver a very hypnotic experience. Although darker in tone, I preferred this to the equally excellent Baraka.

Transfer is amazing too - the best picture quality I've seen, for sure.

Abattoir/100
  • Deleted user 22 January 2014 12:32:43
    John Tucker Must Die 1/10

...along with whom ever wrote and directed and acted in this load of drivel. There wasn't much choice last night when this was on TV. That said, I turned off my TV in the end as it was just crap.

It "could" have been watchable, but it just ended up being drippy and unfunny rubbish with no suggestion that John Tucker would actually die. Utter, utter crap.
  • repairmanjack 22 Jan 2014 18:08:03 6,071 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You're Next.

Shite.

Worse than that, it's predictable shite. The word of mouth suggests a unique spin on the tired old slasher flick nonsense - I was briefly optimistic when Cabin in the Woods was in the trailers. Unfortunately, that was the only good thing on the disc.

Shite.
  • gamingdave 22 Jan 2014 18:19:36 4,286 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:I don't like Steven Soderbergh movies. Traffic is OK, Magic Mike was OK, the rest just leave me cold. I can't really tell you what it is but they all seem to share a slick over produced style that I find a little boring. Prime example being the Oceans Eleven movies which I loathe!
    If you haven't seen it you probably wont like Out of Sight, but I love it. Solid performances (Michael Keaton having a small but excellent part) and an entertaining story.

Have you seen The Limey though? Not really like a lot of his other films. Yes it's visually striking in its own way, but it's not all fast cuts and slick presentation. Brilliant performance from Terence Stamp. One of my favourite films.
  • mrpon 22 Jan 2014 18:29:29 29,427 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anyone seen Bad Milo yet? :D

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Deckard1 22 Jan 2014 18:46:03 29,182 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    No but looking at the poster I really want to now

Edited by Deckard1 at 18:47:03 22-01-2014

Fish fingers and chips pretty straight forward.

• Youthist 22 Jan 2014 19:14:19 10,057 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hobbit 2. Pretty good. Got into it pretty quick and not all the faffing about like the first one. Still quite a bit of loads of dwarves running away and escaping from stuff which got a bit tedious.

Also how come all the dwarves just walked off the second the door to the mountain didn't open immediately - totally bizarre

Also I didn't really get what that relationship was meant to be between the bird from lost and the tall dwarf - why did they hold hands, who did he think she was? Also why did she go to all that effortto save the little (not that little though) cunt?

Finally, the ending was a bit shit.

7.5/10. Enjoyed it as much as the first one. Maybe a little more.

Oh and Smaug was great.

Edited by Youthist at 19:31:17 22-01-2014

"Good chess players think one move ahead. Great chess players think two or three moves ahead."

• Spanky 22 Jan 2014 19:29:09 14,584 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've seen Bad Milo, it's a solid 7 out of 10s. Great Wednesday night viewing.

You're Next was awful bad, really not worth anyone's time(0).

Plubs

• bad09 22 Jan 2014 19:29:28 6,206 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Robot & Frank

A lovely film set "in the near future" about an elderly ex-thief who is given a robot by his son to look after and tend to him. The plot is simple and fairly predictable up to the end but it's well acted and both funny and sad with a great chemistry between Frank Langella (who is just brilliant in this) and his robot buddy and you do really forget it is someone in a suit at times. I wouldn't go in expecting a sci-fi film as it's more a drama with a robot in but it's a good watch.

I badly want a robot butler now though :(

80/100

(It's on Netflix for those that have it.)
  • thelzdking 22 Jan 2014 19:34:30 4,410 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Long Goodbye - 9/10

Gould is wonderfully not-with-it throughout. It looks amazing: I would love to see this film on the big screen.

Lady Vengeance - 9/10

I had to watch this twice before I 'got' it. After the first viewing I could see why people think it's slow and the weakest of the trilogy, but I had an overwhelming urge to watch it again. After the second viewing I though it was great. The main character is done brilliantly.

Edited by thelzdking at 20:01:10 22-01-2014
  • Deleted user 22 January 2014 22:23:32
    The King of Comedy

One of the most disturbing films i have seen in a while. But one of scorsese's best. The film follows Rupert Pupkin, who is a mid 30 year old man, who idolises a chat show host. All he wants to do is appear on his show, but his delusions and false grandeur bring his life, and others into severe danger.

Its very dark, and quite unsettling, it reminded me of requiem for a dream in that sense, but it also very funny, and the script is really tight and the films rattles along at a pace. De Niro performance is first class, he is humble and kind, and soft around the edges, a real pleasure to watch. Intensely dislikeable and likeable at the same time.

As well as being a good black comedy, it also says alot about the human physce, which i was impressed by, it goes beyond the norm in looking at the obsession with celebrities.

9/10
  • Trafford 22 Jan 2014 22:42:37 5,931 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The King of Comedy is probably my favourite De Niro/ Scorsese flick. Great performances all round.

Tonight I watched Troll Hunter, for the second time.
    This time with my kids. It's the first docu type film they've watched and it fairly blew their minds. They loved it as do I.
    90/100
  • DanB24 22 Jan 2014 22:46:13 2,317 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Youthist wrote:
    Hobbit 2. Pretty good. Got into it pretty quick and not all the faffing about like the first one. Still quite a bit of loads of dwarves running away and escaping from stuff which got a bit tedious.

Also how come all the dwarves just walked off the second the door to the mountain didn't open immediately - totally bizarre

Also I didn't really get what that relationship was meant to be between the bird from lost and the tall dwarf - why did they hold hands, who did he think she was? Also why did she go to all that effortto save the little (not that little though) cunt?

Finally, the ending was a bit shit.

7.5/10. Enjoyed it as much as the first one. Maybe a little more.

Oh and Smaug was great.
    That pretty much sums it up and they are going to have to pad the 3rd and final film enormously as the story is almost over from where they left it. Just Smaug getting killed by Bard in Laketown and the Battle of Five Armies and that's it. The end.
  • Deleted user 22 January 2014 23:23:12
    Trafford wrote:
    The King of Comedy is probably my favourite De Niro/ Scorsese flick. Great performances all round.

Tonight I watched Troll Hunter, for the second time.
    This time with my kids. It's the first docu type film they've watched and it fairly blew their minds. They loved it as do I.
    90/100
    First time i seen it, a shame the film isn't really talked about that much amongst their more 'celebrated' films.

As for troll hunter, another one i have yet to see, been on my wishlist for a while!
  • Tomo 22 Jan 2014 23:49:17 13,964 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    OMG, never heard of Bad Milo. The trailer looks hilarious!
  • Trafford 23 Jan 2014 00:04:08 5,931 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Joel,
    Jerry Lewis is great in TKoC as well :D

Troll Hunter looks stunning on blu ray. One of those films where location, palette, and high definition come together beautifully.
  • OllyJ 23 Jan 2014 08:08:38 3,302 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Wolf of Wall Street 100/100

Absolute piss take how good that film was.

Edited by OllyJ at 08:53:48 23-01-2014
  • Deleted user 23 January 2014 08:31:46
    @DanB24 in Hobbit 3, there will also be the assault of the wizards (including I think Galadriel) against Dol Guldor.
  • Madder-Max 23 Jan 2014 08:36:47 11,680 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RIPD 6/10

Its IS Men in Black but with dead people instead of aliens. Any of the trailers inform you of this and yes, you will know exactly what will happen before you see it.

However it IS an enjoyable; if predictable; romp and Bridges is fairly good in the role.

I can't see a sequel being made though as it tries too hard.

Was this in cinema or straight to digi/dvd?

Edited by Madder-Max at 08:37:41 23-01-2014

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Youthist 23 Jan 2014 09:00:54 10,057 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RIPD is possibly the worst film I have ever seen. How anyone could have gleaned anything positive out of it is unbelievable to me.

"Good chess players think one move ahead. Great chess players think two or three moves ahead."

• Ziz0u 23 Jan 2014 09:04:14 8,588 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Its IS
  • Mola_Ram 23 Jan 2014 09:57:15 7,997 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    /starts frothing at mouth
  • DanB24 23 Jan 2014 19:26:20 2,317 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    PhoenixGleam wrote:
    @DanB24 in Hobbit 3, there will also be the assault of the wizards (including I think Galadriel) against Dol Guldor.
    Ah true I'd forgotten about the padding from the LOTR appendices. :redface:
    Still seems a bit of a stretch though.
  • Dairyfree 23 Jan 2014 19:35:25 1,551 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    The Long Kiss Goodnight - 9/10

Samuel L Jacksons best role outside of Pulp Fiction. One of my all time favourite films, just so easy and entertaining to watch.
  • DanB24 23 Jan 2014 19:49:03 2,317 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dairyfree wrote:
    The Long Kiss Goodnight - 9/10

Samuel L Jacksons best role outside of Pulp Fiction. One of my all time favourite films, just so easy and entertaining to watch.
    Not seen it for years but yes a cracking film. :)
  • repairmanjack 24 Jan 2014 01:03:01 6,071 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pacific Rim.

It was alright, although - as cool as much if it looked - I though the creature effects were quite ropey. I'm guessing it was filmed in 3D, for the cinema, given the occasional lame "poke in the eye vajazzle" effect on my regular tv.

Pretty weak for a Del Toro though. And some of the dialogue was so pish that I felt embarrassed for Idris Elba. But at least he wasn't playing that fucking awful Brit scientist.

On second thoughts, I'm talking myself out of that "alright" rating.
  • Page

of 2844 First / Last