Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2417

  • Page

    of 2843 First / Last

  • Deleted user 27 December 2013 20:16:50
    Some episodes, yes. Some are good though. I find the writing very hit and miss.

    Edited by SG59 at 20:17:20 27-12-2013
  • MrE26 27 Dec 2013 20:26:51 1,971 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Never understood the following Dr Who has. I'd rather slam my balls in a drawer for an hour than watch it.
  • Tom_Servo 27 Dec 2013 20:31:10 18,083 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yep, Doctor Who is awful guff.
  • Deleted user 27 December 2013 20:32:52
    @MrE26 I tend to start watching them, then as it goes on the writing gets worse. I haven't watched much of the more recent ones. Only the specials. The writing can be very poor at times...its like they have all the ideas, but they're not quite sure what to do with them and how to get them to connect sometimes.

    Edited by SG59 at 20:35:59 27-12-2013
  • thelzdking 27 Dec 2013 20:48:43 4,410 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I always think of Dr Who as harmless throwaway nonsense and have no idea why it has a cult following.
  • vijay_UK 27 Dec 2013 22:27:26 2,318 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I liked Dr Who for a few episodes when Christopher Eccleston was the Doctor, before he started shouting at everyone. Haven't seen an episode since.

    Edited by vijay_UK at 22:28:51 27-12-2013
  • Deleted user 27 December 2013 23:20:42
    MrE26 wrote:
    Never understood the following Dr Who has. I'd rather slam my nipples in a drawer for an hour than watch it.
    Agreed, it is utter shite. I even like si fi.
  • King_Edward 27 Dec 2013 23:28:43 11,467 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Real Steel

    Like all the best films about giant robots, it's not actually about the giant robots, it's about people. People with giant robots. Well worth watching.

    7/10

    Pacific Rim

    Like all the stupidest shit about giant robots, it's all about the giant robots. Frankly makes Transformers look good.

    2/10
  • Max_Powers 28 Dec 2013 00:47:55 1,102 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Riddick 6/10

    Enjoyment will vary on how much you like cheese. I didn't turn it off but it was a waste of my life.

    This I will never understand about Hollywood fluff made in the last decade: Even if you set out to make a hokey B-movie does it have to be so badly written? I'm really starting to think they just forgot how to write a story or what a decent narrative film structure is.
  • RedSparrows 28 Dec 2013 00:49:44 23,879 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I love sci-fi, but always find something to dislike in Dr Who, be it 'zany' characters or absolutely absurd plots - I want crazy, but logical crazy that doesn't change on a six-pence every 5 minutes.

    I am sure there are some slower Drs, who were a bit more reflective or something. I'm probs being very unfair.

    Anyway, The Matrix.

    Matrix/10. Everytime I watch I get increasingly uncomfortable at the subtext of 'if you're not with us, you're a soldier of the enemy', but it's still a great watch, obv.
  • RedSparrows 28 Dec 2013 01:26:11 23,879 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Now watching Children of Men for the first time, but probably miss the end.

    All I'll remember is the 'one shot' car sequence - that was fantastic. The sight of the flaming car rolling down to the road to kick the whole thing off was very eerie.
  • Gemeo 28 Dec 2013 01:31:57 255 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    The Sound of Music

    2/10

    Too retro

    Edited by Gemeo at 01:33:06 28-12-2013
  • FuzzyZealot 28 Dec 2013 03:19:07 238 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

    HOLY FUCK, WHAT IN THE NAME OF CREEPING JESUS HAVE YOU DONE TO MY CHILDHOOD MEMORIES OF THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY?/10
  • Deleted user 28 December 2013 03:30:14
    Gravity - 9/10

    Much,much better than I expected. Fuck the idiots whining about space noises, the idiots. Got an extra point for Clooney's reappearance not being real
  • Madder-Max 28 Dec 2013 09:22:33 11,680 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    FuzzyZealot wrote:
    Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

    HOLY FUCK, WHAT IN THE NAME OF CREEPING JESUS HAVE YOU DONE TO MY CHILDHOOD MEMORIES OF THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY?/10
    Yep. I tried watching this the other day too but could onlt make it to where Ja Ja fucking Binks takes them back to the underwater city. I tried. I really did. I tried to understand that and an entire alien species could be like him but it couldn't cover the pain and discomfort.

    The script is just awful and liam and thingy from Trainspottings acting was more wooden than a tree that is considered wooden by its fellow trees.

    Dire.

    Edited by Madder-Max at 09:24:10 28-12-2013

    99 problems and being ginger is one

  • Rens11 28 Dec 2013 09:35:00 1,455 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @SovietofBear

    That bit was the best bit of a pretty drab film

    Dont kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, hed eat you and everyone you care about!

  • nickthegun 28 Dec 2013 09:43:50 61,056 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Indiana Jones 1: 10/10
    Indiana Jones 2: 8/10
    Indiana Jones 3: 9/10
    Indiana Jones 4: 4/10
    Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa: 9/10
    The Aristocats: 6/10
    The Santa Clause 3: 2/10
    Elf: 8/10
    Toy Story: 9/10
    Scrooged: 9/10
    Arthur Christmas: 8/10

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • Maturin 28 Dec 2013 09:44:30 3,155 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Madder-Max wrote:
    FuzzyZealot wrote:
    Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

    HOLY FUCK, WHAT IN THE NAME OF CREEPING JESUS HAVE YOU DONE TO MY CHILDHOOD MEMORIES OF THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY?/10
    Yep. I tried watching this the other day too but could onlt make it to where Ja Ja fucking Binks takes them back to the underwater city. I tried. I really did. I tried to understand that and an entire alien species could be like him but it couldn't cover the pain and discomfort.

    The script is just awful and liam and thingy from Trainspottings acting was more wooden than a tree that is considered wooden by its fellow trees.

    Dire.
    You two aren't talking about the same film.
  • Punctum 28 Dec 2013 09:46:16 1,024 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Toy Story is a 10, Shirley?
  • Mola_Ram 28 Dec 2013 09:50:08 7,994 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    American Hustle

    Went into this knowing nothing about it, and it was quite good! Great performances from Bale, Jeremy Renner, Amy Adams and Jennifer Lawrence. Oh, and from Robert De Niro, who makes a brief but scene-stealing appearance.

    It's a bit of a mess, but a very entertaining mess.

    8.8/10
  • nickthegun 28 Dec 2013 09:51:08 61,056 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Punctum wrote:
    Toy Story is a 10, Shirley?
    Its as close to a ten as a nine gets.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • Defecationqueen 28 Dec 2013 09:53:40 597 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    The Wolverine

    The nuclear bomb sequence was fucking wicked, butt. I liked it when Freddy Krueger made a cameo appearance, too. There was a lady of the Far East that had a head like the Scream mask, which I thought was rather excellent CGI. I also laughed until the Rolo I was sucking on fell out of my mouth onto the carpet when Wolfie threw a man over a balcony into a swimming pool. "Aaaarggghh!" *splash!* Hahaha, top action sequence that one. Wolfmarine didn't even know the swimming pool was there, the mad bastard! I bet he's the type who uses public toilets for a dump and doesn't flush. He just doesn't care what you think about him.

    Overall, I'd recommend it to those between the ages of 13-32. Obviously, you can watch it if you're 33 but you probably won't enjoy it as much if you were 32. Me, I'll never be able to look at swimming pools in the same way!

    Freddy Krueger vs Wolverine. That would be good!

    7/10
  • cjb_bjc 28 Dec 2013 10:06:43 1,156 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Elysium 6/10 nothing special unfortunately.
  • Derblington 28 Dec 2013 10:12:13 22,115 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    cjd_djc
  • Deleted user 28 December 2013 10:13:45
    FuzzyZealot wrote:
    Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

    HOLY FUCK, WHAT IN THE NAME OF CREEPING JESUS HAVE YOU DONE TO MY CHILDHOOD MEMORIES OF THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY?/10
    Yup. Though, it has to be said. Looking back, the only star wars that actually made sense was the Empire Strikes back. I mean, return of the jedi has the worst rescue plan ever conceived.
  • Gambit1977 28 Dec 2013 10:19:05 10,382 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    I love sci-fi, but always find something to dislike in Dr Who, be it 'zany' characters or absolutely absurd plots - I want crazy, but logical crazy that doesn't change on a six-pence every 5 minutes.

    I am sure there are some slower Drs, who were a bit more reflective or something. I'm probs being very unfair.

    Anyway, The Matrix.

    Matrix/10. Everytime I watch I get increasingly uncomfortable at the subtext of 'if you're not with us, you're a soldier of the enemy', but it's still a great watch, obv.
    I'd actually never considered the fundamentalist view in The Matrix, what a great point. Certainly puts a spin on it.
  • Madder-Max 28 Dec 2013 10:30:40 11,680 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Maturin wrote:
    Madder-Max wrote:
    FuzzyZealot wrote:
    Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

    HOLY FUCK, WHAT IN THE NAME OF CREEPING JESUS HAVE YOU DONE TO MY CHILDHOOD MEMORIES OF THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY?/10
    Yep. I tried watching this the other day too but could onlt make it to where Ja Ja fucking Binks takes them back to the underwater city. I tried. I really did. I tried to understand that and an entire alien species could be like him but it couldn't cover the pain and discomfort.

    The script is just awful and liam and thingy from Trainspottings acting was more wooden than a tree that is considered wooden by its fellow trees.

    Dire.
    You two aren't talking about the same film.
    Oh shit yeah. Sorry. Had just woken up.

    /Facepalm

    Point still stands for Phantom Manarse though.

    99 problems and being ginger is one

  • Madder-Max 28 Dec 2013 10:37:29 11,680 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Superman II - 8/10

    Its just so refreshing to watch a superhero movie that relies on the characters as opposed to bashing you over the head with overly long cgi fight sequences.

    This one isn't as good as the first but u get to see him as a human. I didn't like the way it skipped over how he got his powers back. The only safe assumption you can make is that he grew another house. One thing in Man of Steels favour is the nanotech take on this aspect of the story.

    What they did then was filmmaking. What they do now is pantomine.

    99 problems and being ginger is one

  • -cerberus- 28 Dec 2013 11:41:03 3,360 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    nickthegun wrote: Scrooged: 9/10
    Love this movie. Up until the cringeworthy point where everyone bursts into song.

    People are bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling.

  • DUFFMAN5 28 Dec 2013 11:44:24 15,223 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Monsters Uni: 90%
    The Croods: 70%(bit let down by this one)

    ...both films watched with our children, which totally adds to the enjoyment :)

    Micky Flanagan "back in the game" stand up, excellent, love him. 100%
    Carry on Camping 75%, total toss, but just so comfy ;)

    "Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

  • Page

    of 2843 First / Last

Log in or register to reply