of 2704 First / Last

• spindle9988 27 Dec 2013 00:20:12 3,490 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Prometheus would be still be shit in a world without alien
  • StevieJ_UK 27 Dec 2013 00:49:00 4 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Just watched Elysium - 80/100. Loved District 9 so good to see that considering the temptation of Hollywood came knocking Neill Blomkamp has stayed honest.

Edited by StevieJ_UK at 00:49:41 27-12-2013

http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/profile/StevieJ_UK1.png[/img]

• CosmicFuzz 27 Dec 2013 01:36:21 23,168 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I thought Elysium was utter horseshit after District 9. Just constant action with very little plot and silly plotholes that made no sense.

Looking for a new gaming podcast to listen to? LOOK NO FURTHER!

• CosmicFuzz 27 Dec 2013 01:39:01 23,168 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    In fact, I thought it was very Hollywood now that I think about it.

Looking for a new gaming podcast to listen to? LOOK NO FURTHER!

• Deleted user 27 December 2013 01:46:52
    Elysium was ok but suffered from the fact that Jodie Foster acted like she had a stroke and it wasn't as good as district 9
  • Telepathic.Geometry 27 Dec 2013 02:18:08 11,263 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I wanted to love Elysium, but unfortunately, it was just mediochre, watchable fluff. Jodie Foster was terrible (as she tends to be in my eyes), there was very little attempt made to make the world believable, or to communicate the reasons behind the divide, and the whole thing was pretty weak tea compared to the majesty of District 9.

That said, it did have imaginative weapons in it as usual, and William Fichtner and Matt Damon were decent as per usual, so it was kinda okay...

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• TheHammerite 27 Dec 2013 05:45:39 1,512 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Don Jon 6/10

As deep as a puddle, but it passes the time.
  • Scurrminator 27 Dec 2013 07:51:33 8,377 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Riddicck

8/10

Quite enjoyable in a hokey way. Though it seems if they ever make another it will be back to the becoming we stuff based on the stuff added at the end for the Blu ray

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Chopsen 27 Dec 2013 08:42:57 15,710 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Evil Dead (2013)

Pointless and sterile. Lighting and photography was good.

2/10

The Internship

Just paid to watch a corporate ad for Google. There was some nudity.

1/10

The Conjuring

Good old fashioned horror flick. Some good jump-scares.

7/10
  • djronz. 27 Dec 2013 09:13:51 252 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Madder-Max wrote:
    Alpha Papa. 8/10

Funny as fuck. Too many great one liners. Great stuff.
    Watched this last night and as a massive Partridge fan i've got to say i'm a bit disapointed though i am aware that, like Bravo two zero by Andy Mcnab, Alan gets better with every watch(read).
  • khaz 27 Dec 2013 09:19:20 2,705 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:
    Riddicck

8/10

Quite enjoyable in a hokey way. Though it seems if they ever make another it will be back to the becoming we stuff based on the stuff added at the end for the Blu ray
    I was disappointed actually. Riddick vs the elements had great potential. Ultimate survivor, by himself, in conditions that will test him to the limit and beyond. There was even potential in a revenge storyline against the necromongers.

Riddick vs two clueless mercenary groups was pointless. The menace Vin Diesel portrayed in the previous two films - and the games - was sorely lacking. And the ending 5 minutes...are you fucking kidding me?

Its telling that so many scenes with Riddick was him in the dark, chained up, in a battered condition, not front and centre on screen basically. Vin Diesel's gotten old, simple as that. Time to get fresh blood in.

Edited by khaz at 09:22:01 27-12-2013
  • Madder-Max 27 Dec 2013 10:18:33 11,618 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Superman (1978) 9/10

Still the best superman origins movie ever made. Brilliant cast with Reeve being the exceptional actor that he was. No remake has come close to this.

The originals are all being shown on Watch and Watch HD over ther next few days so Tivod them. Superman 4 isn't on the schedule though.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• khaz 27 Dec 2013 10:33:14 2,705 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago

One of the greatest scenes in all filmdom.
  • Gunzberg 27 Dec 2013 11:41:29 1,730 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Captain Phillips 7/10

Watchable right till the end

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• LeoliansBro 27 Dec 2013 12:25:47 43,225 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Captain America. 6/10, not a bad film but the weakest of the Avengers build up films (Hulk doesn't count). Hugo Weaving continues to be deeply weird and endlessly watchable, and Toby Jones and Tommy Lee Jones were both very well cast.

Edited by LeoliansBro at 12:26:03 27-12-2013

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Mola_Ram 27 Dec 2013 12:37:27 6,952 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Howard the Duck

Jesus fucking Christ. I just... wow. This is one of those movies where you wonder how anyone involved with it could have thought it was a good idea. Yes yes, George Lucas, I know. But this is weirder than any of the shit he did with Star Wars.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 12:45:25 27-12-2013
  • beastmaster 27 Dec 2013 13:29:25 11,159 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pain and Gain - 3/10

All pain. No gain.

Michael Bay takes a break from making the overblown crap that is Transformers and makes this smaller scale, overblown crap instead.

The story follows a group of bodybuilders who get caught up in an extortion and kidnapping plot and nothing goes to plan. It's a Hollywood style "based on a true story" film which, even without the Bay treatment, seems pretty incredible.

I thought the film started off well. Quite liked the characters at the start and beneath it all, there's an interesting story there. However, it's after they pull off the heist that the film started to loose me.

It's almost as though Bay wanted to do a smaller, personal film then decided "Fuck me! I'm Michael Bay! Let's ramp this up to the MAX!" and just decided to do this usual overblown shit.

The film was probably like that from start to finish but the longer it went on, the more irritated I got.

Fright Night 2: New Blood 2/10

Starts off okay for a bit. Does the usual "Boy who cries vamp!" type thing but once it's established that there is a real life vampire, the film looses steam and quickly becomes tiresome. The lead vamp is a female this time around and for some reason seems to be doing an impression of Kelly le Brock. It's quite saucy but nothing to hold the interest.

Escape From L.A. - 4/10

Not seen this for years so I though I'd give it a go. It's pretty much a remake of the first. It seems to have massive ambition on what it's trying to do in but a miniscule budget. One or two decent effects shots but that's it. Snake is still a great character though.

Dick Night - 5/10

A very odd film. First 3/4 of the film is almost like a quirky, low budget indie comedy about a woman who gets jilted at the alter and decides to have sex after 18 months in the doldrums.

The characters are quite funny, the dialogue is well written and it made me laugh a few times. Then it throws in vampires and the film just turns to shit.

So, Xmas and Boxing day viewing were naff. Hopefully this weekend will not be too bad with All Is Lost, Anchorman 2 and...umm...47 Ronin at the flicks.

Edited by beastmaster at 13:30:50 27-12-2013

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Bremenacht 27 Dec 2013 14:30:58 17,600 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Escape From L.A. - 4/10

Not seen this for years so I though I'd give it a go. It's pretty much a remake of the first. It seems to have massive ambition on what it's trying to do in but a miniscule budget. One or two decent effects shots but that's it. Snake is still a great character though.
    He's not just great - HE'S BETTER THAN RIDDICK.
  • Derblington 27 Dec 2013 14:33:04 21,267 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    /liked Pain & Gain
  • oceanmotion 27 Dec 2013 14:40:46 15,647 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Harry Potter The Deathly Hallows Part 1

Christ, you want to sleep on boxing day this the film to set you off. Sure the second part will have all the meat after this set up. They walk a little bit, talk, camp, transport somewhere, talk, walk, camp, talk some more.

I'm not a Harry Potter fan but have watched a few of them and thought I might as well see how it all ends. This one was almost torture.

2/10
  • Deckard1 27 Dec 2013 14:53:47 27,119 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Kick Ass 2

Shit
  • The_Goon 27 Dec 2013 15:23:52 124 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Man of Steel - 62/100

What an absolute disappointment. I had heard it was mediocre from a few people but figured it was just because they weren't comic book fans. As one (and a bit of a Supes fan too) though, this movie was still pretty mediocre. Where was the development of his character as a paragon of virtue? Where were all the flashbacks of Jonathan teaching him to be a good man etc? They barely touched on that bs. Nevermind all and sundry knowing he was 'special' as a kid. I had missed out the spoiler re the ending too which was good but also a shame - I may have skipped it if I'd known.

SPOILER: I know technically there is history in canon of Superman killing but it was so on the nose in this movie. There was no weight to the scene and no background/character development to explain why it was such an important scene.

DC really need to fix up on their movies. Good effects but the story and direction were pants.

Edited by The_Goon at 15:24:41 27-12-2013
  • MrE26 27 Dec 2013 16:36:13 1,918 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Riddick - 7/10

I actually really like the Riddick character, he just hasn't been in a film that's lived up to his potential yet. This was an entertaining enough distraction for a couple of hours but it's basically just Pitch Black 1.5.
  • TOOTR 27 Dec 2013 18:50:08 9,494 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Kick Ass 2

Shit
    lol

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• Derblington 27 Dec 2013 19:37:51 21,267 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Alvin & The Chipmunks 2: The Squeakquel

This is how dull my friday night is/100

I wouldn't recommend it.
  • Deleted user 27 December 2013 20:01:23
    Star Wars: The Revenge of the Sith

Good god this is worse then I remember. The script, the story, the one take only acting.

1/10

On a brighter note,

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1

8/10

Good story that picks up pretty fast and is told well. The camp scenes are usually criticised for being slow...duh. That's the point. There suppose to represent how difficult things are for them and how long they've been on the run. I think it was a smart move to split this movie into two. Would of been a mess to cram it all into one.

Edited by SG59 at 20:08:28 27-12-2013
  • thedaveeyres 27 Dec 2013 20:06:17 10,686 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    At least it's better than the Doctor Who Christmas Special.

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• Deckard1 27 Dec 2013 20:09:37 27,119 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Rubbing warm dog shit in your eyes is more fun than watching Dr Who though to be fair.
  • Deleted user 27 December 2013 20:10:13
    Come on. EG has better trolls then that.
  • Deckard1 27 Dec 2013 20:12:59 27,119 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Saying Dr Who is shit isn't trolling. The show is an embarrassment to everyone involved.
  • Page

of 2704 First / Last