Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2409

  • Page

    of 2801 First / Last

  • jdanddiet 19 Dec 2013 14:52:59 8 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Was a couple of weeks ago, but last film I watched was Biggles (1986). Never seen it before and although it is palpable nonsense, I did find it very enjoyable. Peter Cushing's last film role apparently. Mind you it was probably last film for most involved :D

    73/100

    Edited by jdanddiet at 14:53:19 19-12-2013

    My Twitter handle: @wizwords
    Blog: www.jdanddiet.blogspot.com

  • nickthegun 19 Dec 2013 14:53:54 60,478 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I used to love that when I was a kid. The theme tune used to get me mega-pumped.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • captainrentboy 19 Dec 2013 15:32:48 1,023 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ninja 2 - 70%
    Scott Adkins kicks and punches the shit out of Asian folk for 90 minutes. The story's bollocks, the acting's terrible but the fight choreography is, as expected, fantastic.
    Wide shots done in huge long takes, no shaking cameras, absolutely fantastic stuff! Makes the more expensive Hollywood fight scenes look like a joke.
    I still prefer Undisputed 3 overall, and I think Issac Florentine needs to shake things up a bit with his next B movie flick, especially now that we have The Raid and it's sequel on the way soon.
  • simsini 19 Dec 2013 15:49:30 317 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Anchorman 2 - 6/10
    Was very funny in places, but should never have been almost 2 hours. far to long and ran out of steam.

    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - 10/10
    One of the best films I have ever seen.
  • oldschoolsoviet 19 Dec 2013 16:11:56 5,503 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Out of the Furnace - 7/10

    Slow burning, performance piece with brothers Christian Bale and Casey Affleck getting caught in bad situations, Affleck's with local hoodlum Dafoe, and getting deeper in trouble involving Appalachian redneck Harrelson.

    It's good, the cast is superb and everybody brings their best game, but the snail pace and simplistic story really drag it down. Quoted from IMDB, it's an "intense and explosive thriller." I've skimmed over the finer details because even a basic description would tell you everything with a plot so thin. Complicated it isn't.
  • onestepfromlost 19 Dec 2013 17:11:57 2,083 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I used to love that when I was a kid. The theme tune used to get me mega-pumped.
    yeah I now have the theme tune in my head now, I feel im going to have to watch this again now :)
  • thelzdking 19 Dec 2013 23:42:37 4,369 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Scarlet Street - 9/10

    Wow. More noir than noir.
  • Load_2.0 19 Dec 2013 23:50:42 19,444 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    captainrentboy wrote:
    Ninja 2 - 70%
    Scott Adkins kicks and punches the shit out of Asian folk for 90 minutes. The story's bollocks, the acting's terrible but the fight choreography is, as expected, fantastic.
    Wide shots done in huge long takes, no shaking cameras, absolutely fantastic stuff! Makes the more expensive Hollywood fight scenes look like a joke.
    I still prefer Undisputed 3 overall, and I think Issac Florentine needs to shake things up a bit with his next B movie flick, especially now that we have The Raid and it's sequel on the way soon.
    Thanks for the heads up. Will watch this on Saturday.
  • CosmicFuzz 20 Dec 2013 02:28:36 24,891 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Last Stand 4/10

    Prerty dire really. Never really seemed to get going, horrible action, clunky dialogue, just all round boring.

    Looking for a new video game podcast? Try ours! (And give us a rating on iTunes!) :)

  • LeoliansBro 20 Dec 2013 09:28:54 44,507 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Introducing LB's 'Two Contrasting Films Back to Back'. Today's subjects, which I watched last night: Dazed and Confused and Enter the Dragon.

    I've never seen Dazed and Confused before and I wish I'd sought it out sooner. It's immediately apparent that a whole slice of the pop culture references in my world have passed me by simply for not having seen this. A note-perfect film about nothing, in the mould of The Breakfast Club or Swingers, it manages to handle a huge ensemble cast with ease and tell us everything we need to know about all of these 30 odd characters in two hours and in one party. One for several rewatches, 9/10.

    I've seen Enter the Dragon a deal of times and this has dulled my appreciation of it. Any film watched too much becomes a series of disconnected events to anticipate and then enjoy, and such things as plot, motivation, cause and effect get lost. Going back with fresh eyes really reveals what an astonishing man Bruce Lee was, in his control and self discipline, in his thinking, and in his fighting style. He does however seriously need to eat something. And the film? A badly dubbed, cheaply shot and disjointed masterpiece. 9/10 also.

    Oh, and Mr Williams is the greatest single person to have ever lived.

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • TheSaint 20 Dec 2013 09:51:36 14,618 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Home Alone - Keep the change you filthy animal / 10

    Christmas classic.
  • kingnothing12 20 Dec 2013 09:54:51 571 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Don Jon

    7/10

    Guy addicted to porn gets major hot girlfriend (Scarlett Johansson) gets caught, whacks off some more...goes to church...meets older woman...sorts himself out. Semi decent story hidden throughout. The porn/sex comparison scene is funny and this film scores major points for a certain scene with Scarlett and Joseph in a corridor...lucky bastard.
  • The_Goon 20 Dec 2013 09:57:24 131 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Argo - 68/100

    Maybe it's because it was hyped up that I went in with highish expectations but I wasn't amazed by the movie at all. It was...ok. Quite good I suppose but I really didn't think it was anything special. The tension seemed fabricated in the sense that I never really thought bad things would happen. One particular plothole annoyed me too. Some of the scenes also seemed a tad unnecessary which distracted from the movie I think. All in all, nothing great.
  • Deleted user 20 December 2013 11:13:05
    The Life of PI – 67/100

    To start off, the film is perfectly watch-able - much like you might have mistakenly chatted with a Jehovah's witness at your front door for two hours because they were wearing a BT uniform and carrying a toolbox. If that seems a little harsh, then its because of one single line in the film that PI says to the struggling author. “Now it's your story to tell”, a blatant “go spread the word of God” instruction to the audience imo.

    For anyone less concerned about religious indoctrination, there is still a small matter of it aiming to tell a story in the style of the excellent Big Fish (staring Ewan McGregor) and not quite getting there. It has a decent start, a decent middle, but the end doesn't quite match or feel appropriate imo; despite largely copying the Disney Jungle Book structure. It is a film worth a watch for most people and I suspect most will enjoy it more than I did.
  • LeoliansBro 20 Dec 2013 11:15:18 44,507 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    And understand it more than you did, as well.

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • Deleted user 20 December 2013 11:18:02
    I read the book a while ago. Found it pretty boring if I'm being honest.

    Do you think the tiger was a euphemism for his dark side because he had to perform unspeakable acts like kill?

    Probably bullshit.
  • Deleted user 20 December 2013 11:26:42
    @LeoliansBro

    I understood both stories just fine. It is still a triple level wrapped religious sales pitch.

    @bitch_tits_zero_nine

    It is a tough film to discuss specifics without spoiling for others. But it is hard to say how much of the main story is to make the story with God in it preferable to the audience.
  • Megapocalypse 20 Dec 2013 11:28:32 5,471 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Can't it just be about a guy stuck on a boat with a tiger with lots of cool looking 3D stuff going on around then?
  • LeoliansBro 20 Dec 2013 11:30:38 44,507 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    vizzini, dismissing The Life of Pi because of the religious undertone is like dismissing the Last Supper because it shows a scene from the Bible. How it is made is at least as important here.

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • Deleted user 20 December 2013 11:31:09
    ha, Probably. They cut out the best bit; a graphic description of his first shit in weeks!
  • TarickStonefire 20 Dec 2013 11:37:48 3,242 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The_Goon wrote:
    Argo - 68/100

    Maybe it's because it was hyped up that I went in with highish expectations but I wasn't amazed by the movie at all. It was...ok. Quite good I suppose but I really didn't think it was anything special. The tension seemed fabricated in the sense that I never really thought bad things would happen. One particular plothole annoyed me too. Some of the scenes also seemed a tad unnecessary which distracted from the movie I think. All in all, nothing great.
    I loved it. Even though I knew they would get away I found it tense as all fuck by the end, and almost cheered when the plane lifted off.

    What plothole bothered you? What scenes were unnecessary and why? I'm always curious about what people consider unnecessary in films, everyone has different needs.

    Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

  • TarickStonefire 20 Dec 2013 11:39:45 3,242 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    simsini wrote:
    Anchorman 2 - 6/10
    Was very funny in places, but should never have been almost 2 hours. far to long and ran out of steam.
    I thought the original ran out of steam whenever anything that wasn't in the trailer happened, and whenever anything that *was* in the trailer happened it wasn't amusing because I'd already seen it. In the trailer.

    In short, I thought it was one of the least funny, most over-hyped movies in ages. Along with Superbad, which also didn't make me laugh once.

    With that in mind, will I love Anchorman 2? ;)

    Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

  • TarickStonefire 20 Dec 2013 11:40:21 3,242 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The_Goon wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Holy shit The Golden Child was a girl!!!

    Mind = blown.
    WHAT THE FUCK.

    Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

  • Deleted user 20 December 2013 11:43:17
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    simsini wrote:
    Anchorman 2 - 6/10
    Was very funny in places, but should never have been almost 2 hours. far to long and ran out of steam.
    I thought the original ran out of steam whenever anything that wasn't in the trailer happened, and whenever anything that *was* in the trailer happened it wasn't amusing because I'd already seen it. In the trailer.

    In short, I thought it was one of the least funny, most over-hyped movies in ages. Along with Superbad, which also didn't make me laugh once.

    With that in mind, will I love Anchorman 2? ;)
    That whole generation of comedy film makers seem to have run out of steam tbh. Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughan etc.
  • Mola_Ram 20 Dec 2013 11:43:34 7,691 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Man of Tai Chi

    Pretty by-the-numbers martial arts journey of self-discovery, with some decent fight scenes.

    It is notable for starring Keanu Reeves as a bad guy, which adds notes of unintended hilarity to many scenes. It was also directed by Keanu and, honestly, it's not a bad effort!

    Probably worth a watch.

    7/10
  • TarickStonefire 20 Dec 2013 11:44:10 3,242 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    vizzini wrote:
    The Life of PI – 67/100

    To start off, the film is perfectly watch-able - much like you might have mistakenly chatted with a Jehovah's witness at your front door for two hours because they were wearing a BT uniform and carrying a toolbox. If that seems a little harsh, then its because of one single line in the film that PI says to the struggling author. “Now it's your story to tell”, a blatant “go spread the word of God” instruction to the audience imo.

    For anyone less concerned about religious indoctrination, there is still a small matter of it aiming to tell a story in the style of the excellent Big Fish (staring Ewan McGregor) and not quite getting there. It has a decent start, a decent middle, but the end doesn't quite match or feel appropriate imo; despite largely copying the Disney Jungle Book structure. It is a film worth a watch for most people and I suspect most will enjoy it more than I did.
    HOW DARE YOU.

    Life of Pi will ALWAYS be 'that film that everyone wanked on and fucking on about when it came out, "ooooh look at the tiger" and "ooooh look at the water" and "ooooh, aren't the effects amazing" and "oooooh its so spiritual and meaningful and film of the year yah" and that I as a result developed a pathological avoidance for and have absolutely no interest in and no I haven't seen it yet and no I really don't think I'm missing out and look please will you stop banging on about it because I just don't give a fuck', and no amount of whining about how it's about God will change that.

    Okay?

    Okay.

    Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

  • Deleted user 20 December 2013 11:46:47
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    vizzini, dismissing The Life of Pi because of the religious undertone is like dismissing the Last Supper because it shows a scene from the Bible. How it is made is at least as important here.
    @LeoliansBro
    "The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded."
    ;)

    It isn't the undertone. I'm fine with the various religions. From an entertainment angle it is far below Big Fish imo and commits the cardinal sin of a cult like slight-of-hand bait and switch to sell or manipulate people's religious beliefs. I sat down to watch a film not go to church.
  • Mola_Ram 20 Dec 2013 11:47:10 7,691 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    The_Goon wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Holy shit The Golden Child was a girl!!!

    Mind = blown.
    WHAT THE FUCK.
    God, now I feel really weird having masturbated to that.
  • TarickStonefire 20 Dec 2013 11:48:07 3,242 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    The_Goon wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Holy shit The Golden Child was a girl!!!

    Mind = blown.
    WHAT THE FUCK.
    God, now I feel really weird having masturbated to that.
    The one on the left, right?

    Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

  • Mola_Ram 20 Dec 2013 11:49:01 7,691 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yes, one of those.
  • Page

    of 2801 First / Last

Log in or register to reply