Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2370

• Page

of 2583 First / Last

• Frogofdoom 30 Oct 2013 18:46:08 801 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @CharlieStCloud

She adds very little to the story of the film and he just didnt do it for me im afraid. As for Urban he was better than Stallone, although i will maintain his image seemed forced(yeah i know he is acting but it didnt seem natural.)

Edited by Frogofdoom at 18:47:10 30-10-2013
  • Rhaegyr 30 Oct 2013 18:54:35 1,109 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I thought Urban was pretty good - the 'I am the law' speech was the tops.

To be fair, it's not really a character that has a ton of range or subtlety. At least the helmet stays on in this one.
  • Kostabi 30 Oct 2013 20:40:16 4,659 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Phantom - 7.5/10

Ed Harris and David Duchovny square off against each other on a Russian cold war era sub.

I'd never even heard of it but it popped up on Netflix and would heartily recommend it to anyone who likes a good old fashioned tense thriller.
  • -cerberus- 30 Oct 2013 21:17:37 2,061 posts
    Seen 51 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Black Christmas 1974 & 2006

Both equally shit.

2/10

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• oceanmotion 30 Oct 2013 21:20:00 15,243 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Host

0/10
  • ProfessorLesser 30 Oct 2013 22:50:54 19,349 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Thor: TDW - Avengers/10

Come on, it's the Avengers, we all know what we're getting now, and we all love it, or I certainly do. But comparing it to any other film is like comparing Ulysses to Harry Potter. Sure, they're both books, but what's the point?
  • beastmaster 30 Oct 2013 22:55:03 10,170 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ProfessorLesser wrote:

Come on, it's the Avengers, we all know what we're getting now, and we all love it, or I certainly do. But comparing it to any other film is like comparing Ulysses to Harry Potter. Sure, they're both books, but what's the point?
    Apparently there are 2 things in the credit sequences. One mid way and one right at the end. Did you bother with them?

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Triggerhappytel 30 Oct 2013 22:58:26 2,664 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    The Host

0/10
    The film based on the Stephanie Meyer book, or the South Korean monster flick? Because if it's the latter then fuck your score dude.
  • Mr_Sleep 30 Oct 2013 22:58:31 16,220 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    The Host

0/10
    Wow, not a single redeeming feature?

You are a factory of sadness.

• Chopsen 30 Oct 2013 23:01:37 15,114 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    -cerberus- wrote:
    Black Christmas 1974

shit.

2/10
    You're silly.
  • -cerberus- 30 Oct 2013 23:02:52 2,061 posts
    Seen 51 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Chopsen wrote:
    -cerberus- wrote:
    Black Christmas 1974

shit.

2/10
    You're silly.
    Close. Aquarius.

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• ProfessorLesser 30 Oct 2013 23:13:20 19,349 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    ProfessorLesser wrote:

Apparently there are 2 things in the credit sequences. One mid way and one right at the end. Did you bother with them?
    Yes. First one definitely worth staying for. Second one if you don't need a piss.
  • Madder-Max 30 Oct 2013 23:54:34 11,565 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Now You See Me - 7 or 8 /10

Morgan freeman is in fucking everything isn't he? He's like the equivalent of a bedblocker, but for actors. A role blocker. Anyway.

Its either a 7 or an eight because I'm not sure is the whole safe in river thing is a plot inconsistency.

Also, you have to know your marks with illusion as they need to be suggestable in the first place. You can't just walk up to anyone blindly and hypnotise them.

This is covered to an extent but gets glossed over a bit.

Very enjoyable film though. Good stuff and nice plot reveal (yes it is better than oblivions 2 plot reveals!)

99 problems and being ginger is one

• ProfessorLesser 30 Oct 2013 23:59:30 19,349 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Madder-Max wrote:
    Now You See Me - 7 or 8 /10

Morgan freeman is in fucking everything isn't he? He's like the equivalent of a bedblocker, but for actors. A role blocker. Anyway.

Its either a 7 or an eight because I'm not sure is the whole safe in river thing is a plot inconsistency.

Also, you have to know your marks with illusion as they need to be suggestable in the first place. You can't just walk up to anyone blindly and hypnotise them.

This is covered to an extent but gets glossed over a bit.

Very enjoyable film though. Good stuff and nice plot reveal (yes it is better than oblivions 2 plot reveals!)
    No offence meant whatsoever, but you, kind sir, require a lobotomy.

Edited by ProfessorLesser at 17:21:46 31-10-2013
  • Mola_Ram 31 Oct 2013 00:03:15 6,195 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Is that post full of spoilers? Seems like it is.
  • captainrentboy 31 Oct 2013 00:14:56 837 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thor TDW - 70%
    Pretty good but I enjoyed MOS and IM3 a lot more.
    The problem for me was that Portman and GigantoTits play absolutely terrible characters, and as soon as an extended scene with either of those came along I became bored as fuck.
    There's great action in there and Loki gets some fab scenes as usual, but some stuff kinda dragged.
    The after after credits scene was shit too.
  • oceanmotion 31 Oct 2013 00:18:22 15,243 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Triggerhappytel wrote:
    oceanmotion wrote:
    The Host

0/10
    The film based on the Stephanie Meyer book, or the South Korean monster flick? Because if it's the latter then fuck your score dude.
    Meyer book.

@Mr_Sleep

I honestly couldn't think of anything. So predictable, amatuer and probably the worst love triangle in history.They have chrome vehicles for some reason. Suppose to be peaceful so how on earth did they take over and without carnage. Absolute tripe.
  • BillMurray 31 Oct 2013 00:27:54 7,232 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Riddick - 45%

This series is on par with the film Ghost on Mars, and not in the funny kind of way.
  • Madder-Max 31 Oct 2013 00:41:56 11,565 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fuck off! Notice how u didn't quote the whole review!

I genuinley lolled at how I'm not to take offence at u saying I need a lobotomy

99 problems and being ginger is one

• mal 31 Oct 2013 00:43:05 21,928 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I note how you didn't quote the Prof at all :D

Edited by mal at 00:43:33 31-10-2013

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• Deleted user 31 October 2013 00:45:45
    Now You See Me was an exercise in how to do everything fundamentally wrong in a film. It should be taught in film studies as a textbook case in "how not to plot a film".

The entire setup of the film literally gives away the "big twist" in about half an hour of the film. Primarily because the only person you can have any empathy with and root for (IE the only guy who isn't an unlikeable arsehole) is the one who's setup as the antagonist. So the minute they start talking about a "mysterious benefactor" it should be obvious to anyone with half a working braincell that it's Mark Ruffalo.

PS - I'm only using spoiler tags to save everyone getting all precious about it again. I urge you to roll over and spoil it yourself.

Edited by meme at 00:45:58 31-10-2013
  • Mola_Ram 31 Oct 2013 00:54:55 6,195 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I don't really care about the spoilers personally. But I thought others might.

As for the film itself, I find it pretty hard to get invested in films where the protagonists are pricks. Or, to be more exact, films where this prickishness is ignored, that ask us to root for characters that we would probably like to punch.

See: Now You See Me. Previous examples include Scott Pilgrim. The worst recent example was the Steve Jobs movie, where the prickishness was almost celebrated because oh-my-god-this-guy-is-such-a-genius.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 01:03:56 31-10-2013
  • Mr_Sleep 31 Oct 2013 01:32:19 16,220 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:

Meyer book.

@Mr_Sleep

I honestly couldn't think of anything. So predictable, amatuer and probably the worst love triangle in history.They have chrome vehicles for some reason. Suppose to be peaceful so how on earth did they take over and without carnage. Absolute tripe.
    That's quite impressive, something that bad that it doesn't have a redeeming feature. I am almost tempted to watch it if it is that bad.

Edited by Mr_Sleep at 01:32:37 31-10-2013

You are a factory of sadness.

• khaz 31 Oct 2013 04:38:58 2,572 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    I thought Judge Dredd just seemed a little to mean for my tastes. Did he really have to shoot all those people? I think not.
    That's pretty much how Dredd always is though.
  • smoothpete 31 Oct 2013 06:04:07 31,014 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    oceanmotion wrote:

Meyer book.

@Mr_Sleep

That's quite impressive, something that bad that it doesn't have a redeeming feature. I am almost tempted to watch it if it is that bad.
    Don't, it's truly awful. It would honestly be a waste of 2 hours. Instead maybe phone a relative, go for a walk in the park, plant a tree, stroke a cat, write an actual letter. It's such a crap film, there are so many better things to be done.
  • Tonka 31 Oct 2013 07:30:14 19,839 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I didn't like the plot twists in Judge Dredd.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• CharlieStCloud 31 Oct 2013 07:50:54 4,660 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Now You See Me is a terrible film.

... the thing I kept wondering all the way through was this:

'How the FUCK does Sacha Baron Cohen's missus gets any work?'

God knows how anyone would happily dish out a 7 or 8 (out of ten) for this.
  • beastmaster 31 Oct 2013 08:11:56 10,170 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Now You See Me is a terrible film.

... the thing I kept wondering all the way through was this:

'How the FUCK does Sacha Baron Cohen's missus gets any work?'

Yeah, who the hell would hire her?

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Deckard1 31 Oct 2013 08:13:25 25,351 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    khaz wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    I thought Judge Dredd just seemed a little to mean for my tastes. Did he really have to shoot all those people? I think not.
    That's pretty much how Dredd always is though.
    Yeah but does he really need to be? He's a police officer. They way he just started killing people and stuff just seemed out of order to me.

Called it

• Mola_Ram 31 Oct 2013 08:18:15 6,195 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It really would work better as a courtroom drama. He is a judge after all.
  • Page

of 2583 First / Last