Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2362

  • Page

    of 2800 First / Last

  • Deckard1 20 Oct 2013 20:22:11 28,681 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I thought it was pretty great
  • nickthegun 20 Oct 2013 20:53:00 60,419 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    Almost forgot:

    The Conversation
    I love it. A proper grimy 70s movie. Boring fact: it still gets shown on film studies courses as an example of how to do sound editing because its so boss.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

  • Architect_z 20 Oct 2013 21:18:10 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The Conjuring - 50/100

    Having read a few of the reviews posted on this forum, I don't really need to say anymore. I havent seen really any horror films recently, that genuineley creeped me out, the film 'Sinister' started out pretty strong, but the final half just failed.

    As for the conjuring, if you've not seen it, i'll give you a sentence...

    Family move into a new house in a remote countryside/wood location.

    I bet if you guessed what happened, you wouldnt be far off what actually happens

    EDIT: Spellings

    Edited by Architect_z at 21:23:11 20-10-2013
  • Architect_z 20 Oct 2013 21:22:24 2,385 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    O almost forgot!

    100/100 - (Nicolas Cages) The Wicker Man

    BEST

    COMEDY

    EVER

    Must watch!
  • Dougs 20 Oct 2013 21:27:22 68,374 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    Annie Hall is on Netflix, if you have it.
    I do, it's added to the list. Which seems to be never ending, such is the little free time I seem to have!
  • mrpon 20 Oct 2013 21:29:16 29,183 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm going to die with a list of lists.

    Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

  • imamazed 20 Oct 2013 21:39:09 5,784 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    Almost forgot:

    The Conversation

    Gene Hackman plays a loner private eye who feels increasingly guilty about the danger his work puts people in. What starts off as a tense spy thriller turns into a character study turns into a psychological horror film. Quite a mixture, but it pulls it off well. There's a bit of a sag in the middle, but apart from that it's impressive. Hackman is outstanding.

    Also, spot a very young Harrison Ford!

    8/10
    One of my favourite films. It gets better with every watch.
  • beastmaster 20 Oct 2013 21:48:13 11,585 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Romancing The Stone - 9/10

    Brilliant film that never seems to age. Great characters and a superb cast. I just find the film rather charming.

    Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner have a great chemistry together. Douglas didn't want to cast Turner initially as she though she was too 'hot' to play the character of Joan Wilder. She manages to do it with ease though. And she was smoking hot in the 80's.

    The film had top class talent both in front of and behind the camera. They don't make as many film like these anymore. If they did, they'd probably fuck it up.

    Rumor is they're trying to get a TV series off the ground. I hope it stays in development hell forever.

    Edited by beastmaster at 21:49:05 20-10-2013

    The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

  • RichieTenenbaum 20 Oct 2013 22:02:02 2,223 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bromancing The Stone - 2/10

    Terrible comedy with Paul Rudd and Jonah Hill as stoner dudes who rely on each other for everything. Danny McBride kidnaps Jonah Hill over an unpaid drug debt. Paul Rudd goes to get him back with non-hilarious consequences. Paul Rudd sometimes says things that imply he and Jonah Hill are a married couple. But they're not. They're straight men!
  • Kosmoz 20 Oct 2013 22:22:05 7,709 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is that actually a film? Sounds like you just made it up.

    Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

  • UncleLou Moderator 20 Oct 2013 22:41:35 35,710 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    imamazed wrote:
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    Almost forgot:

    The Conversation

    Gene Hackman plays a loner private eye who feels increasingly guilty about the danger his work puts people in. What starts off as a tense spy thriller turns into a character study turns into a psychological horror film. Quite a mixture, but it pulls it off well. There's a bit of a sag in the middle, but apart from that it's impressive. Hackman is outstanding.

    Also, spot a very young Harrison Ford!

    8/10
    One of my favourite films. It gets better with every watch.

    Same here, love that film.

  • Tom_Servo 20 Oct 2013 23:10:09 18,004 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    How I could forget to mention the music? Loved it. :)
  • imamazed 20 Oct 2013 23:12:08 5,784 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh, wow. That theme... just hauntingly brilliant.
  • -cerberus- 20 Oct 2013 23:23:01 3,138 posts
    Seen 16 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    What a shit evening :rolleyes: 'Cept for the last flick.

    Despicable Me 2

    Enjoyed it in parts but I'm getting too old for this. Kids will probably love it.

    5/10

    A Thousand Words

    Deeply unfunny.

    2/10

    House at the End of the Street

    Bag o' shite with pisspoor acting.

    1.5/10

    Martha Marcy Mary Marlene

    Now this is more like it! Better keep an eye on that Elizabeth Olsen woman, she's one hell of an actress...

    Also, fuck cults.

    8.5/10

    Take the plastic bag challenge to cure stupidity.

  • Mola_Ram 21 Oct 2013 00:22:14 7,659 posts
    Seen 25 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ka-blamo wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    A Bridge Too Far

    More like, an hour too long.
    :-)

    I just couldn't resist.
  • Gruff 21 Oct 2013 00:31:30 2,910 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel 7/10 Was looking for something slightly saccharine and mellow and this hit the mark, some good performances as well, especially from Maggie Smith.

    “It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

  • Gunzberg 21 Oct 2013 01:04:18 1,741 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Green Mile 9/10

    This is why films should be made

    Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

  • Tonka 21 Oct 2013 06:37:35 20,756 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Man of Steel
    It felt rushed. Not as in rushed out the door unfinished but as in they had to "skip to the end". Maybe that's me not knowing much about Superman but I would have liked this to be just about young Kent growing up and becoming tMoS. I really didn't need the "save the world" adventure at the end.

    I definitely didn't need the yawn inducing final fight (I skipped it so maybe I shouldn't complain too much).

    The way they told Supes formative years through flashbacks added to the feeling of "hurry up and break a city" that I disliked so much.

    Had this been a braver film and focusing on just the origin story and then a smaller incident at the end I would have really liked it. As it is I found it enjoyable and I can now forgive Zack Znyder for making Sucker Punch.

    Worth watching

    I really don't like this new trend of wrecking entire cities. I wonder what the financial impact of that final fight would be? All the insurance claims etc? The cost of rebuilding an entire city center. And how many people died in the Smallville fight alone?

    If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

  • TheHammerite 21 Oct 2013 06:37:57 1,511 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Loved Ones 3/10

    The director is clearly very talented and I see a bright future for him. But it's a shame he made this spiteful, nasty, torture porn film.

    Loses 5 points for it's sickening violence.

    Edited by TheHammerite at 06:38:46 21-10-2013

    Edited by TheHammerite at 06:41:11 21-10-2013
  • dr_swin 21 Oct 2013 08:44:51 4,901 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Captain Phillips

    Just outstanding. Can't fault it.

    10
  • Bloobat 21 Oct 2013 10:14:13 232 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Gunzberg Proabably my favorite film of all time, where im from no one seems to have ever heard of it but it is a masterpiece!
  • beastmaster 21 Oct 2013 10:47:11 11,585 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    TheHammerite wrote:
    The Loved Ones 3/10

    The director is clearly very talented and I see a bright future for him. But it's a shame he made this spiteful, nasty, torture porn film.

    Loses 5 points for it's sickening violence.

    Edited by TheHammerite at 06:38:46 21-10-2013
    I must see this now :-) More out of curiosity.

    Nobody seen Escape Plan yet?

    The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

  • Steve_Perry 21 Oct 2013 10:53:58 4,527 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    Man of Steel
    It felt rushed. Not as in rushed out the door unfinished but as in they had to "skip to the end". Maybe that's me not knowing much about Superman but I would have liked this to be just about young Kent growing up and becoming tMoS. I really didn't need the "save the world" adventure at the end.

    I definitely didn't need the yawn inducing final fight (I skipped it so maybe I shouldn't complain too much).

    The way they told Supes formative years through flashbacks added to the feeling of "hurry up and break a city" that I disliked so much.

    Had this been a braver film and focusing on just the origin story and then a smaller incident at the end I would have really liked it. As it is I found it enjoyable and I can now forgive Zack Znyder for making Sucker Punch.

    Worth watching

    I really don't like this new trend of wrecking entire cities. I wonder what the financial impact of that final fight would be? All the insurance claims etc? The cost of rebuilding an entire city center. And how many people died in the Smallville fight alone?
    I watched this again last night and was bored to tears. It just wasn't as exciting on the small screen. There are also some really terrible scenes. The one where Clarke goes to church while deciding if to give himself up to Zod is just flat out crap. He has some lame heart to heart and then the priest gives out some shitty shoehorned quote about trust. Awful.

    Most of the dialogue is cack actually. The bit where he first gets the suit and is talking to his holodad is actual plop. I also really noticed how wooden Cavill is second time around.

    I quite liked it at the cinema so I'm a bit disappointed. I'm even more convinced Batman v Supes will suck balls now.

    VIVA STEFANSEN

  • Gambit1977 21 Oct 2013 11:26:23 10,160 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I really enjoyed The Loved Ones. It was funny.
  • smoothpete 21 Oct 2013 11:28:06 31,560 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Olympus Has Fallen - 8/10. I really enjoyed it. Die Hard: White House. A proper action movie, very much in the same vein as the good old ones we grew up with.
  • Dougs 21 Oct 2013 11:31:24 68,374 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Girl Who Played With Fire - 8/10. Finally got round to finishing the trilogy, great stuff. Better than the 2nd film, which like the book, just seemed to set up the finale so was a bit flat in comparison (ending aside). Solid 8/10 for all three.

    Are they ever going to remake the last 2, or did the Craig one bomb at the box office?
  • Tonka 21 Oct 2013 11:36:30 20,756 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Steve_Perry wrote:
    I quite liked it at the cinema so I'm a bit disappointed. I'm even more convinced Batman v Supes will suck balls now.
    I think every single scene with Kevin Costner in it made me cry. I'd love a three hour epic where Kevin is being "The most DAD ever" rather than Batman and Superman duking it out.

    If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

  • Steve_Perry 21 Oct 2013 11:41:41 4,527 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah he was one of the best things about the film. Shame they killed him off implausibly.

    VIVA STEFANSEN

  • Load_2.0 21 Oct 2013 11:41:55 19,440 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah Kevin was a super Daddy! Also Russell Crowe was a great Jor El.

    Not sure why Zod was so shit, whupped by a Scientist and a Noob Superman. What happened to all that training?

    Not a bad movie, and I like Cavill. Finally a Supes who is in proportion! Buff.
  • smoothpete 21 Oct 2013 11:43:08 31,560 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    I'd love a three hour epic where Kevin is being "The most DAD ever" rather than Batman and Superman duking it out.
    What if Kevin was being the most DAD ever, and Anthony Hopkins was being the most GRANDAD ever? The planets of dadness align!
  • Page

    of 2800 First / Last

Log in or register to reply