Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2357

  • Page

    of 2766 First / Last

  • kalel 14 Oct 2013 14:56:46 87,578 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Nice one, thanks.

    Hugely torn by finding out that 'Jodorowsky's Dune', a doc on the film that never was, is being screened tonight in London. I should really go, I'll probably never get to see it otherwise. Bet I don't though.
    I always find films about films that never happened a bit disappointing. Thought Lost in La Mancha was a total borefest and saw a similar one about Laughton's I Claudius which was also quite dull.

    Still, that one might be interesting. I would definitely watch a film about Superman Lives. That thing fascinates me.
  • Mola_Ram 14 Oct 2013 14:59:08 7,382 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The car chase was great too.

    "I thought she'd just go past!"

    EDIT: In reference to Pineapple Express

    Edited by Mola_Ram at 14:59:48 14-10-2013
  • LeoliansBro 14 Oct 2013 15:04:49 44,158 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A Jodorowsky Dune film with input from H R Giger, Chris Foss, and starring Orson Welles. It could have ended up a variant on David Lynch's weird but compelling misfire, but it could have relegated Star Wars to an also ran. The concept and design that has survived is incredible.

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • TOOTR 14 Oct 2013 16:42:31 9,554 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    hmm.... I wonder if there could be a modern day crack at Dune now?

    /ponders

    Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

  • kalel 14 Oct 2013 16:46:04 87,578 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There was another recent attempt with Peter Berg directing that also went down the shitter.
  • LeoliansBro 14 Oct 2013 16:50:16 44,158 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, it's another development hell scenario. The problem is, the actual plot of Dune isn't the strong point (and it certainly isn't original). The universe wouldn't be fully explored in a two hour film, and so the project needs to be epic in scale to get the most out of the source material, and the sheer resources they need to commit when compared to the lack of mainstream popularity for the novels (compared to say Twilight) will always tie the project up in bureaucratic knots. And then you either get a grandiose mess sagging under its own weight, or Babylon 5 with William Hurt.

    I'm such a fanboy.

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • kalel 14 Oct 2013 16:52:18 87,578 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Probably for the best the Peter Berh one didn't happen anyway. He's shite.
  • Deleted user 14 October 2013 16:52:25
    They should reboot Dune into an action-fest starring Channing Tatum as Paul Atreides. Gerard Butler can be Gurney Halleck, and maybe get in someone like Arnie to play Baron Harkonnen. It can be directed by Michael Bay.
  • Bremenacht 14 Oct 2013 17:47:54 18,190 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Harry Styles for Sting Harkonnen. He'd be excellent.
  • Bremenacht 14 Oct 2013 17:48:56 18,190 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Angelina as Paul's mother. Perfect again.

    Miley Cyrus as the witch-daughter-Atriades-thing. Wonderful.
  • TOOTR 14 Oct 2013 18:18:44 9,554 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nooooooooooooooooo!

    /stabs himself with a gom jabbar

    Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

  • TOOTR 14 Oct 2013 18:27:46 9,554 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ghandi is 3 hours and 11 mins long.

    No wonder I haven't watched it before.

    Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

  • TOOTR 14 Oct 2013 18:27:48 9,554 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Teenage Dune :

    Lawrence of Arrakis and the Space Worm Adventures.

    Edited by TOOTR at 18:29:04 14-10-2013

    Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

  • Deleted user 14 October 2013 21:54:41
    Dougs wrote:
    I just assumed it was Pixar! I want to look forward to Toy Story 4, but I'm worried they will sully TS3, which is practically perfect as a film imo.
    Heh i just watched Wreck It Ralph, which is literally a toy story film in all but name without the human element added to it. I don't think it reached the high bar What the toy story trilogy is, but i did enjoy it.

    Actually it could be called Tron Story.

    Yeah, enjoyed it, game references weren't over egged (i would have loved a movie with just references, but its not really the point). It was a simple set up, but executed well, and i think its a film maybe that the guys over at pixar thought would be cool to do. I guess with the close ties between gaming, and pixar, and the guys who are making films there, i could see why they wanted to do this.

    Animation was great, and looks glorious in HD.

    So Wreck it Ralph - 8/10 Theres nothing really wrong with it, a lot of fun, executed well,but doesn't have that extra depth of other pixar titles.

    Edited by joelstinton at 21:56:07 14-10-2013
  • TOOTR 15 Oct 2013 11:42:10 9,554 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Confessions of a dangerous mind

    George Clooneys first film as a director.
    Script by charlie kauffman.
    Solid acting by Sam Rockwell.
    Stylish..... and about as engaging as rummaging through discount bins in Ikea while you wait for your missus to finish shopping.

    55%

    Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

  • Armoured_Bear 15 Oct 2013 11:51:47 10,990 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Man on Wire

    Very nicely done and utterly mindblowing.

    10/10

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • nickthegun 15 Oct 2013 11:54:33 59,857 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Man on a wire or man on fire?

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

  • Grax 15 Oct 2013 11:55:35 2,224 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    the campaign 8/10

    might have been i went in with low expectations but really found this quite funny

    olympus has fallen 2/10

    dear god, what an awful film. I think my days of watching action films and enjoying them is over :(, i have jack reacher to watch tonight and it will decide whether i bother with the genre full of shite again
  • mikew1985 15 Oct 2013 11:56:26 12,737 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    Dougs wrote:
    I just assumed it was Pixar! I want to look forward to Toy Story 4, but I'm worried they will sully TS3, which is practically perfect as a film imo.
    Heh i just watched Wreck It Ralph, which is literally a toy story film in all but name without the human element added to it. I don't think it reached the high bar What the toy story trilogy is, but i did enjoy it.

    Actually it could be called Tron Story.

    Yeah, enjoyed it, game references weren't over egged (i would have loved a movie with just references, but its not really the point). It was a simple set up, but executed well, and i think its a film maybe that the guys over at pixar thought would be cool to do. I guess with the close ties between gaming, and pixar, and the guys who are making films there, i could see why they wanted to do this.

    Animation was great, and looks glorious in HD.

    So Wreck it Ralph - 8/10 Theres nothing really wrong with it, a lot of fun, executed well,but doesn't have that extra depth of other pixar titles.
    It's not actually a Pixar film. It's Disney.

    Whether there is much difference nowadays is a tougher question.
  • nickthegun 15 Oct 2013 11:57:16 59,857 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Especially given the likes of Planes and Brave.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

  • Armoured_Bear 15 Oct 2013 11:57:55 10,990 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Man on a wire or man on fire?
    Man on wire

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • nickthegun 15 Oct 2013 12:02:07 59,857 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh that, yeah, that is quite good. The planning stages are crazy, like they are planning a jewel heist.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

  • Armoured_Bear 15 Oct 2013 12:15:31 10,990 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Oh that, yeah, that is quite good. The planning stages are crazy, like they are planning a jewel heist.
    Yeah, unbelievable, smuggling a ton of equipment onto the top of the WTC
    The wire walker lying down on the wire and going back and forth 8 times is an utter mindfuck.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • nickthegun 15 Oct 2013 12:18:55 59,857 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    From the interviews, its amazing that they got their chance at all. Its been a while since I saw it but didnt two of the guys have to hide under a tarp for literally hours until some guards fucked off? It was tense even in the retelling.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

  • askew 15 Oct 2013 12:19:07 12,246 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Dune mini-series weren't too shabby: preferred Children of Dune to the first though.
  • khaz 15 Oct 2013 12:48:03 2,785 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    joelstinton wrote:
    Dougs wrote:
    I just assumed it was Pixar! I want to look forward to Toy Story 4, but I'm worried they will sully TS3, which is practically perfect as a film imo.
    Heh i just watched Wreck It Ralph, which is literally a toy story film in all but name without the human element added to it. I don't think it reached the high bar What the toy story trilogy is, but i did enjoy it.

    Actually it could be called Tron Story.

    Yeah, enjoyed it, game references weren't over egged (i would have loved a movie with just references, but its not really the point). It was a simple set up, but executed well, and i think its a film maybe that the guys over at pixar thought would be cool to do. I guess with the close ties between gaming, and pixar, and the guys who are making films there, i could see why they wanted to do this.

    Animation was great, and looks glorious in HD.

    So Wreck it Ralph - 8/10 Theres nothing really wrong with it, a lot of fun, executed well,but doesn't have that extra depth of other pixar titles.
    It's not actually a Pixar film. It's Disney.

    Whether there is much difference nowadays is a tougher question.
    This breaks my heart but given their output since Toy Story 3 this seems to be true. :(
  • Deleted user 15 October 2013 12:57:24
    I think because of their overall output is such a high quality, it is easy to look at cars 2, brave (which i havn't seen yet) and Monster University (which i havn't seen either) and come to that conclusion.

    I'm always wary of sequels and with finding finding Dory coming out. but i guess toy story is the exception to the rule.

    They do have their 'disney' films, Ratouille being one, but because its judged so perfectly i look beyond that really. Really is a good film.

    There is obviously an issue with the pixar and disney brand being too close now, planes being a direct descendant from cars, and Wreck it ralph (which i think is pretty good anyhow)

    Edited by joelstinton at 12:58:11 15-10-2013
  • Armoured_Bear 15 Oct 2013 13:02:51 10,990 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    From the interviews, its amazing that they got their chance at all. Its been a while since I saw it but didnt two of the guys have to hide under a tarp for literally hours until some guards fucked off? It was tense even in the retelling.
    Yes, laying on top of beams above a lift shaft, utterly mental.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • mrpon 15 Oct 2013 13:16:34 28,893 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sounds interesting, on UK Netflix as well.

    Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

  • BinaryBob101 15 Oct 2013 16:56:51 22,899 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    TOOTR wrote:
    Confessions of a dangerous mind

    George Clooneys first film as a director.
    Script by charlie kauffman.
    Solid acting by Sam Rockwell.
    Stylish..... and about as engaging as rummaging through discount bins in Ikea while you wait for your missus to finish shopping.

    55%
    See I love this film and watch it whenever it's on telly (which isn't often really). Sam Rockwell definitely dominates, he's brilliant. I find the duplicity of the whole thing totally fascinating too.

    A pioneer of US TV turning cold war spy - fascinating I tell you!

    Awesome film.

    The Grumpy Vaper

  • Page

    of 2766 First / Last

Log in or register to reply