Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2351

• Page

of 2808 First / Last

• CosmicFuzz 30 Sep 2013 10:40:20 25,018 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Filth 9/10

Really great. Think you get a lot more out of it if you're Scottish or at least familiar with the language and slang etc. Some of the insults are hilarious. Not read Welsh's book but the dialogue shines, effortlessly moving from angry arguments to total meltdowns, sometimes in the same conversation. McAvoy is utterly fantastic in it, he really should win something for this. There's a scene in which he's crying, dirty talking and wanking all at once for gods sake! (which sounds crass but must be incredibly hard to act)

Loved it.

Edited by CosmicFuzz at 10:41:15 30-09-2013

Looking for a new video game podcast? Try ours! (And give us a rating on iTunes!) :)

• TarickStonefire 30 Sep 2013 10:56:45 3,251 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    meme wrote:
    Yeah, by the end it was just so far beyond "magic tricks" and sleight of hand it became ridiculous.

"For our final magic trick...TECHNOLOGY."

The intrigue of other heist movies like Ocean's Eleven come from how they did it, rather than whether or not they did it at all (after all, it's patently obvious from the start that they'd win). This completely ignores that, making the "how" either plainly obvious or just not even worth bothering with in the first place.
    Re: Ocean's 11, that's *exactly* the reference my wife and I made as we discussed just how shite Now You See Me is, and how completely it failed to understand how both heist movies and magician movies should work.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• TarickStonefire 30 Sep 2013 10:58:22 3,251 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Max_Powers wrote:
    @TarickStonefire You did yourself a favor turning that tripe off. What a piece of crap that movie was.
    It got such great reviews too! Utter, utter crap. And Isla Fisher, oh my God, makes you wonder how she gets any roles at all. She's not a great actress, is she? Her delivery in everything is so wooden, she only gets away with it in madcap screwball comedies because she tends to play nutters that don't need to act 'realistically'.

Fit, though.

• TheHammerite 30 Sep 2013 11:14:18 1,511 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Had a bit of a Stephen King session recently.

It - 6.5/10

It starts very well and and has a few scary moments. Tim Curry is great as Pennywise. The second half of the movie is not so good. Apart from Tim Curry the casting is very poor in my opinion. The ending is truly awful. I assume Stephen King was too shitfaced or high when he wrote the ending.

Rose Red - 3/10

I'd never even heard of this until I saw the movie. I hope the book is better because the film is shit. It's just not scary. The casting is particularly bad. The special effects for the ghosts look like something that was rejected from 13 Ghosts.

Storm Of The Century - 8.5/10

Fantastic movie. Great casting. The villain is very interesting. The movie builds to a fantstic climax.

The Mist 8/10

A town is invaded by a mist that carries vile monsters in it. A bunch of people hole up in a supermarket and try to survive. Loved it.
  • beastmaster 30 Sep 2013 11:24:03 11,663 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I can't wait to see Filth.

Runner Runner - 4.5/10

A film that "captures the excitement of online gambling!". If by that they mean some obese, unwashed dude sat in his skidmarked underpants who scratches his balls and then giving his fingers a good sniff, then it's got it spot on. It can't be anything else if the quality of the film is anything to go by.

The plot follows Timberlake as a dude to looses everything and yet somehow manages to get a flight to Costa Rica to confront Batman Ben, who he thinks cheated him out of his money.

It's well shot, so the films looks very nice. A bored looking Gemma Arterton is there as the boring love interest who isn't that interesting. The only semi-interesting thing is this is seeing Batman Ben play nasty.

There are a couple of decent scenes in there when Batman Ben is really quite nasty. Timberlake is his usual flat, boring self once again.

It's also the most predictable film I've seen for ages. No tension, no suspense, no thrills and not much at all on the way of sex and violence, despite the 15 certificate. Don't bother, even if you're a big fan of Gemma.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• nickthegun 30 Sep 2013 11:26:57 60,617 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TheHammerite wrote:
    The Mist 8/10

A town is invaded by a mist that carries vile monsters in it. A bunch of people hole up in a supermarket and try to survive. Loved it.
    Yeah, its a really good film. King actually said he wished he had thought of the movie ending, rather than the one he actually wrote.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• CosmicFuzz 30 Sep 2013 11:31:29 25,018 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    TheHammerite wrote:
    The Mist 8/10

Yeah, its a really good film. King actually said he wished he had thought of the movie ending, rather than the one he actually wrote.
    Ooh how does the book end? I loved the film ending, very brave.

Looking for a new video game podcast? Try ours! (And give us a rating on iTunes!) :)

• Deckard1 30 Sep 2013 11:35:59 28,765 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah The Mist was surprisingly great. Loved the ending.
  • nickthegun 30 Sep 2013 11:38:09 60,617 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    In the book... they continue driving into the unknown *fade to black*

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• sport 30 Sep 2013 11:39:00 12,776 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Mist "NOVELLA" ;-P had a much more open ending if I recall. Left it open for Return of the Mist.

Both are good.
  • imamazed 30 Sep 2013 11:40:48 5,825 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    sport wrote:
    The Mist "NOVELLA" ;-P had a much more open ending if I recall. Left it open for Return of the Mist.
    Isn't that a song by Mark Morrison?
  • CosmicFuzz 30 Sep 2013 11:41:42 25,018 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    In the book... they continue driving into the unknown *fade to black*
    Shite!

• Blaketown 30 Sep 2013 12:43:22 4,809 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The ending to The Mist is entirely unearned & is bolted on to the end in such a way as to make it entirely redundant.

I loved it at first but the more I think about it the more bullshit it is.

Brap, brap, old chap.

• TarickStonefire 30 Sep 2013 12:53:25 3,251 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Blaketown wrote:
    The ending to The Mist is entirely unearned & is bolted on to the end in such a way as to make it entirely redundant.

I loved it at first but the more I think about it the more bullshit it is.
    I think it's a perfectly valid ending. The guy thought that was it for the world and did what he thought was best with the limited information he had at the time.

If it's the 'if only he'd waited ten seconds' bit of the ending, yeah, that was sucky.

• Megapocalypse 30 Sep 2013 23:08:17 5,479 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cloud Atlas - 3/10

A terrible film. It takes six simple stories, cuts them up with a rusty butcher's knife, splices them together in an incomprehensible order and removes any semblance they may still have had to the source material. And spends 165 minutes doing it.

Looked nice with some interesting makeup jobs.
  • Deleted user 30 September 2013 23:33:14
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Filth 9/10

Really great. Think you get a lot more out of it if you're Scottish or at least familiar with the language and slang etc. Some of the insults are hilarious. Not read Welsh's book but the dialogue shines, effortlessly moving from angry arguments to total meltdowns, sometimes in the same conversation. McAvoy is utterly fantastic in it, he really should win something for this. There's a scene in which he's crying, dirty talking and wanking all at once for gods sake! (which sounds crass but must be incredibly hard to act)

Loved it.
    I'm reading this right now and despite having a fucked up sense of humour and being the most crass cunt I know the book is seriously heavy going. If the book can make me blush I think I'm going to have to wait for the dvd before seeing the film!
  • CosmicFuzz 1 Oct 2013 06:23:20 25,018 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Filth 9/10

Loved it.
    I'm reading this right now and despite having a fucked up sense of humour and being the most crass cunt I know the book is seriously heavy going. If the book can make me blush I think I'm going to have to wait for the dvd before seeing the film!
    Haha yeah the film is pretty dark at times and there's a healthy dollop of sex too. Not the best film to see with your mum on a Sunday afternoon...

• J.C 1 Oct 2013 07:02:11 1,271 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I enjoyed R.Point the other day. creepy Asian horror. bit like, platoon with ghosts etc.
    9/10

Also rewatched from beyond, and Existenz. I love horrors, and although from beyond isn't scary its highly watchable. And Existenz is good as well.
    8/10 for both.
  • mrpon 1 Oct 2013 11:24:59 29,238 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Filth 9/10

Loved it.
    Haha yeah the film is pretty dark at times and there's a healthy dollop of sex too. Not the best film to see with your mum on a Sunday afternoon...
    Did you try the popcorn trick with her?

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• CosmicFuzz 1 Oct 2013 11:37:14 25,018 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Filth 9/10

Loved it.
    Did you try the popcorn trick with her?
    No!

Unfortunately however I did get a large hot dog.

• Deckard1 1 Oct 2013 11:55:13 28,765 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Your mum always puts filth on when I'm there too.
  • CosmicFuzz 1 Oct 2013 12:01:49 25,018 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yes yes very good

• shamblemonkee 1 Oct 2013 12:11:50 14,498 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    Fast and the Furious whatever number we're up to now

Wife wanted to watch it, as she enjoyed the previous ones. Even she didn't look overly entertained. Terrible jokes, longest runway in the history of the earth (by my reckoning, at least the circumference of Germany) and a plot that makes Twilight look like a piece of Shakespeare.

3/10
    I like how they persist with changing up or down gears and actually using full throttle as tricks to go faster when they were already supposed ot be racing at full speed.

Yeah even in movie magic land that runway works out at many miles long!
  • beastmaster 1 Oct 2013 12:16:09 11,663 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's the magic of cinema which enables this to happen.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• CosmicFuzz 1 Oct 2013 12:33:18 25,018 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fast 6 was great fun. Not quite quite as good as 5. Me and my mates laughed our sales off the whole way through, although worryingly we were the only ones. (the Vin Diesel flying headbutt did get everyone guffawing though).

• CosmicFuzz 1 Oct 2013 12:34:30 25,018 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh also, I genuinely think that the final runway scene is one of the best action scenes I've seen in years. It's nonsense, yes, but it builds and builds very effectively. Loads of fun.

• LeoliansBro 1 Oct 2013 16:58:03 44,553 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Handy wiki page if you're wondering what to watch next.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• CosmicFuzz 2 Oct 2013 07:00:24 25,018 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rush - 9/10

• Scimarad 2 Oct 2013 08:13:35 8,573 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @nickthegun

You're rather forgetting the suggestion that the mist is everywhere ans the whole world is fucked. Rather than, you know, a local problem that appears to be neatly dealt with using some flamethrowers...

Movie ending ruined a pretty great adaptation, whatever Mr King says.
  • Daeltaja 3 Oct 2013 11:25:02 1,127 posts
    Seen 30 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Prisoners - 9/10

Superb all round. Incredible performances from the entire cast, a real nail-biter and just kept on surprising me. Go see!
  • Page

of 2808 First / Last