Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2351

  • Page

    of 3278 First / Last

  • CosmicFuzz 30 Sep 2013 10:40:20 30,184 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Filth 9/10

    Really great. Think you get a lot more out of it if you're Scottish or at least familiar with the language and slang etc. Some of the insults are hilarious. Not read Welsh's book but the dialogue shines, effortlessly moving from angry arguments to total meltdowns, sometimes in the same conversation. McAvoy is utterly fantastic in it, he really should win something for this. There's a scene in which he's crying, dirty talking and wanking all at once for gods sake! (which sounds crass but must be incredibly hard to act)

    Loved it.

    Edited by CosmicFuzz at 10:41:15 30-09-2013
  • TheHammerite 30 Sep 2013 11:14:18 2,306 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Had a bit of a Stephen King session recently.

    It - 6.5/10

    It starts very well and and has a few scary moments. Tim Curry is great as Pennywise. The second half of the movie is not so good. Apart from Tim Curry the casting is very poor in my opinion. The ending is truly awful. I assume Stephen King was too shitfaced or high when he wrote the ending.

    Rose Red - 3/10

    I'd never even heard of this until I saw the movie. I hope the book is better because the film is shit. It's just not scary. The casting is particularly bad. The special effects for the ghosts look like something that was rejected from 13 Ghosts.

    Storm Of The Century - 8.5/10

    Fantastic movie. Great casting. The villain is very interesting. The movie builds to a fantstic climax.

    The Mist 8/10

    A town is invaded by a mist that carries vile monsters in it. A bunch of people hole up in a supermarket and try to survive. Loved it.
  • beastmaster 30 Sep 2013 11:24:03 14,936 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I can't wait to see Filth.

    Runner Runner - 4.5/10

    A film that "captures the excitement of online gambling!". If by that they mean some obese, unwashed dude sat in his skidmarked underpants who scratches his balls and then giving his fingers a good sniff, then it's got it spot on. It can't be anything else if the quality of the film is anything to go by.

    The plot follows Timberlake as a dude to looses everything and yet somehow manages to get a flight to Costa Rica to confront Batman Ben, who he thinks cheated him out of his money.

    It's well shot, so the films looks very nice. A bored looking Gemma Arterton is there as the boring love interest who isn't that interesting. The only semi-interesting thing is this is seeing Batman Ben play nasty.

    There are a couple of decent scenes in there when Batman Ben is really quite nasty. Timberlake is his usual flat, boring self once again.

    It's also the most predictable film I've seen for ages. No tension, no suspense, no thrills and not much at all on the way of sex and violence, despite the 15 certificate. Don't bother, even if you're a big fan of Gemma.
  • nickthegun 30 Sep 2013 11:26:57 66,826 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    TheHammerite wrote:
    The Mist 8/10

    A town is invaded by a mist that carries vile monsters in it. A bunch of people hole up in a supermarket and try to survive. Loved it.
    Yeah, its a really good film. King actually said he wished he had thought of the movie ending, rather than the one he actually wrote.
  • CosmicFuzz 30 Sep 2013 11:31:29 30,184 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    TheHammerite wrote:
    The Mist 8/10

    A town is invaded by a mist that carries vile monsters in it. A bunch of people hole up in a supermarket and try to survive. Loved it.
    Yeah, its a really good film. King actually said he wished he had thought of the movie ending, rather than the one he actually wrote.
    Ooh how does the book end? I loved the film ending, very brave.
  • nickthegun 30 Sep 2013 11:38:09 66,826 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    In the book... they continue driving into the unknown *fade to black*
  • sport 30 Sep 2013 11:39:00 13,480 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Mist "NOVELLA" ;-P had a much more open ending if I recall. Left it open for Return of the Mist.

    Both are good.
  • imamazed 30 Sep 2013 11:40:48 6,291 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    sport wrote:
    The Mist "NOVELLA" ;-P had a much more open ending if I recall. Left it open for Return of the Mist.
    Isn't that a song by Mark Morrison?
  • CosmicFuzz 30 Sep 2013 11:41:42 30,184 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    In the book... they continue driving into the unknown *fade to black*
    Shite!
  • Blaketown 30 Sep 2013 12:43:22 5,658 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The ending to The Mist is entirely unearned & is bolted on to the end in such a way as to make it entirely redundant.

    I loved it at first but the more I think about it the more bullshit it is.
  • RichDC 30 Sep 2013 23:08:17 6,509 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Cloud Atlas - 3/10

    A terrible film. It takes six simple stories, cuts them up with a rusty butcher's knife, splices them together in an incomprehensible order and removes any semblance they may still have had to the source material. And spends 165 minutes doing it.

    Looked nice with some interesting makeup jobs.
  • Deleted user 30 September 2013 23:33:14
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Filth 9/10

    Really great. Think you get a lot more out of it if you're Scottish or at least familiar with the language and slang etc. Some of the insults are hilarious. Not read Welsh's book but the dialogue shines, effortlessly moving from angry arguments to total meltdowns, sometimes in the same conversation. McAvoy is utterly fantastic in it, he really should win something for this. There's a scene in which he's crying, dirty talking and wanking all at once for gods sake! (which sounds crass but must be incredibly hard to act)

    Loved it.
    I'm reading this right now and despite having a fucked up sense of humour and being the most crass cunt I know the book is seriously heavy going. If the book can make me blush I think I'm going to have to wait for the dvd before seeing the film!
  • CosmicFuzz 1 Oct 2013 06:23:20 30,184 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Filth 9/10

    Really great. Think you get a lot more out of it if you're Scottish or at least familiar with the language and slang etc. Some of the insults are hilarious. Not read Welsh's book but the dialogue shines, effortlessly moving from angry arguments to total meltdowns, sometimes in the same conversation. McAvoy is utterly fantastic in it, he really should win something for this. There's a scene in which he's crying, dirty talking and wanking all at once for gods sake! (which sounds crass but must be incredibly hard to act)

    Loved it.
    I'm reading this right now and despite having a fucked up sense of humour and being the most crass cunt I know the book is seriously heavy going. If the book can make me blush I think I'm going to have to wait for the dvd before seeing the film!
    Haha yeah the film is pretty dark at times and there's a healthy dollop of sex too. Not the best film to see with your mum on a Sunday afternoon...
  • mrpon 1 Oct 2013 11:24:59 31,858 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Filth 9/10

    Really great. Think you get a lot more out of it if you're Scottish or at least familiar with the language and slang etc. Some of the insults are hilarious. Not read Welsh's book but the dialogue shines, effortlessly moving from angry arguments to total meltdowns, sometimes in the same conversation. McAvoy is utterly fantastic in it, he really should win something for this. There's a scene in which he's crying, dirty talking and wanking all at once for gods sake! (which sounds crass but must be incredibly hard to act)

    Loved it.
    I'm reading this right now and despite having a fucked up sense of humour and being the most crass cunt I know the book is seriously heavy going. If the book can make me blush I think I'm going to have to wait for the dvd before seeing the film!
    Haha yeah the film is pretty dark at times and there's a healthy dollop of sex too. Not the best film to see with your mum on a Sunday afternoon...
    Did you try the popcorn trick with her?
  • CosmicFuzz 1 Oct 2013 11:37:14 30,184 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Filth 9/10

    Really great. Think you get a lot more out of it if you're Scottish or at least familiar with the language and slang etc. Some of the insults are hilarious. Not read Welsh's book but the dialogue shines, effortlessly moving from angry arguments to total meltdowns, sometimes in the same conversation. McAvoy is utterly fantastic in it, he really should win something for this. There's a scene in which he's crying, dirty talking and wanking all at once for gods sake! (which sounds crass but must be incredibly hard to act)

    Loved it.
    I'm reading this right now and despite having a fucked up sense of humour and being the most crass cunt I know the book is seriously heavy going. If the book can make me blush I think I'm going to have to wait for the dvd before seeing the film!
    Haha yeah the film is pretty dark at times and there's a healthy dollop of sex too. Not the best film to see with your mum on a Sunday afternoon...
    Did you try the popcorn trick with her?
    No!

    Unfortunately however I did get a large hot dog.
  • CosmicFuzz 1 Oct 2013 12:01:49 30,184 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yes yes very good
  • shamblemonkee 1 Oct 2013 12:11:50 15,562 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    Fast and the Furious whatever number we're up to now

    Wife wanted to watch it, as she enjoyed the previous ones. Even she didn't look overly entertained. Terrible jokes, longest runway in the history of the earth (by my reckoning, at least the circumference of Germany) and a plot that makes Twilight look like a piece of Shakespeare.

    3/10
    I like how they persist with changing up or down gears and actually using full throttle as tricks to go faster when they were already supposed ot be racing at full speed.

    Yeah even in movie magic land that runway works out at many miles long!
  • beastmaster 1 Oct 2013 12:16:09 14,936 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's the magic of cinema which enables this to happen.
  • CosmicFuzz 1 Oct 2013 12:33:18 30,184 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fast 6 was great fun. Not quite quite as good as 5. Me and my mates laughed our sales off the whole way through, although worryingly we were the only ones. (the Vin Diesel flying headbutt did get everyone guffawing though).
  • CosmicFuzz 1 Oct 2013 12:34:30 30,184 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh also, I genuinely think that the final runway scene is one of the best action scenes I've seen in years. It's nonsense, yes, but it builds and builds very effectively. Loads of fun.
  • CosmicFuzz 2 Oct 2013 07:00:24 30,184 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rush - 9/10
  • Scimarad 2 Oct 2013 08:13:35 8,934 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @nickthegun

    You're rather forgetting the suggestion that the mist is everywhere ans the whole world is fucked. Rather than, you know, a local problem that appears to be neatly dealt with using some flamethrowers...

    Movie ending ruined a pretty great adaptation, whatever Mr King says.
  • Daeltaja 3 Oct 2013 11:25:02 1,404 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Prisoners - 9/10

    Superb all round. Incredible performances from the entire cast, a real nail-biter and just kept on surprising me. Go see!
  • Page

    of 3278 First / Last

Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.