Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2332

• Page

of 2867 First / Last

• Deleted user 4 September 2013 00:11:11
    @joelstinton

My big problem with the film is that the plot falls completely to pieces when you apply normal everyday working practices to the film's events. So it seems like all the key moments that the film revolves about are artificially created from multi layered incompetence. People are seemingly advanced enough to put people in space and travel at warp on a spaceship, but not to continue to carry out routine checks and follow normal protocols that we didn't require vulcan logic to devise from looking back through history see Valkyrie.

Edited by vizzini at 00:20:35 04-09-2013
  • dominalien 4 Sep 2013 07:31:35 7,065 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You've destroyed all hardware and now you're out to destroy film as well?

PSN: DonOsito

• Tonka 4 Sep 2013 07:43:39 21,360 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    altitude2k wrote:
    beastmaster wrote:
    The Prestige - 8.5/10

Not seen this since it first came out at the cinema. Great film.
    The Dark Knight Magics.
    Yeah, but what really happens at the end?

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• nickthegun 4 Sep 2013 08:34:30 61,348 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Batman is twins, Wolverine uses a duplicator that Ziggy Stardust gave him, that he uses to kill and duplicate himself every night.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• estoo 4 Sep 2013 08:41:34 2,871 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rush 8/10

Seen the film last night at the cinema and really enjoyed it.

I was worried they would over embelish the story but in fact the opposite was true. They left out key moments from that season such as the disqualification at Brands and the dodgy petrol shenanigans at Monza. I assume this was done to focus more on the personalities of the 2 drivers rather than have us distracted by the politics and shady goings on behind the scenes.

The chap playing Hunt is ridiculously well cast (perhaps a secret love child!) and everyone else does their job well. Racing scenes are convincing enough with a blend of new and classic footage that is seamless, although some of the spins and crashes didn't look quite right with the CGI and whatnot.

I have a feeling the film experience would be better if you didn't know the ending before it started but I suppose the vast majority of the audiences will and it never hurt Titanic I suppose.

Best bit of the movie for me was actually the first time all the engines fired up, just like being at a race track, I got chills it was so loud!
  • Mola_Ram 4 Sep 2013 08:45:21 8,320 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Thanks for the update. What would we do without you
  • Tonka 4 Sep 2013 08:48:11 21,360 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Fumbles for a +1 button

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• simsini 4 Sep 2013 09:53:14 338 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Rush 10/10

Yes, it really was that good. As a Cineworld unlimited card holder, I go about 6 times every month and can easily say this is the best film I have seen this year.

The racing scenes were spectacular with a fantastic score and Daniel Bruhl stole the show for me with an amazing performance as Niki Lauda, which I am sure will see him in contention for an Oscar. Chris Hemsworth was great as James Hunt too. I would recommend anyone see this whether you are a F1 fan or not.
  • nickthegun 4 Sep 2013 09:54:45 61,348 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Theres a great article about it in this months top gear magazine (available for 99p on the iPad, money savers)

• Deleted user 4 September 2013 10:07:14
    I had no hopes for Rush, but it seems to be class. Look forward to seeing it. Daniel Bruhl is a legend though, top actor.
  • Oh-Bollox 4 Sep 2013 10:16:48 5,431 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Madder-Max wrote:
    Oh and for those saying that they could see the twist in oblivion even before they were born, I say bollocks. There r 2 twists in this movie and one is easier to spot than the other but neither are particularily overly obvious.
    Given away in the trailer FFS.
  • nickthegun 4 Sep 2013 10:24:49 61,348 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    yeah, the secondary twist is given away in every trailer made for it. The primary one is given away in the first five minutes.

• BinaryBob101 4 Sep 2013 16:40:46 24,449 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Both twists were more than obvious.

Anyway, Oblivion... 5/10

No originality. Too much Tom. Looked lovely though and the first half is great. It could have been something wonderful, had the lead been a different actor.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• chopsen 4 Sep 2013 16:55:17 16,290 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What were the twists in Oblivion? There's a couple of reveals on the plot points but the lead up to them is so obvious I don't even know they'd count as twists tbh.
  • nickthegun 4 Sep 2013 17:01:03 61,348 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The major one is 'he is a clone', which probably is a plot twist.

Everything else like the tet is evil and the alien things are really humans less so, yeah.

• Deleted user 4 September 2013 17:04:38
    Twists for the sake of twists.
  • ProfessorLesser 4 Sep 2013 17:48:57 19,417 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    meme wrote:
    Twists for the sake of twists.
    Story for the sake of story, film for the sake of film, breathing for the sake of breathing. Where does your argument end?

I don't think the 'twists' were 'for the sake of it'. They were part of the story. If you're going to call every vague mystery -> tension -> reveal storyline a twist with the specific aim of then not enjoying it, you're going to have a bad time.
  • TOOTR 4 Sep 2013 17:50:26 9,652 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Trailers are bad for you. Avoid if you can at all times.

So, old age eh?

I , after being warned that the ending 20 mins in Pacific Rim in IMAX were ridiculously, painfully, bombastically LOUD, took earplugs with me.

Earplugs FFS!

And I'm 'kin glad I did as it was bloody loud even with them in!

Insane!

For you many younglings reading this - the first day you find yourself taking earplugs to the movies with you, you will remember this post.

Oh yes.

Unless alzheimers takes your memory first of course.

BinaryBob101 wrote:
    The Danger Mouse reboot worries me a great deal.

• Deleted user 4 September 2013 18:02:01
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    They were part of the story.
    Were they bollocks. You could have told the exact same story with the "twists" revealed within the first few seconds and you'd have lost absolutely nothing from what little narrative there actually was. The only thing that would change is that Tom Cruise wouldn't have to use his surprised face and the audience wouldn't have a fleeting second of "OMG WHAT A TWIST" for the four people who couldn't work it out themselves.

And of course you wouldn't have people bleating on about spoilers on the internet.

PS TOM CRUISE IS A CLOWN.

Edited by meme at 20:35:12 04-09-2013
  • Madder-Max 4 Sep 2013 18:44:36 11,689 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    meme wrote:
    I'm not sure I can take an opinion on predictability and narrative trends seriously from someone who uses "r" and "u" with such frequency.
    Oh. Its supposed to be an 'ironic' texting style as I use a blackberry; with which rioters and chavs are most associated. The irony comes from the fact that I am most definatley not a chav or rioter.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Madder-Max 4 Sep 2013 18:46:03 11,689 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    An added irony being that my last post will prolly be taken literally.

• Madder-Max 4 Sep 2013 18:49:01 11,689 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @vizzini you have seen first contact right?

• wobbly_Bob 4 Sep 2013 20:14:32 1,898 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    meme wrote:
    ProfessorLesser wrote:
    They were part of the story.
    Were they bollocks. You could have told the exact same story with the "twists" revealed within the first few seconds and you'd have lost absolutely nothing from what little narrative there actually was. The only thing that would change is that Tom Cruise wouldn't have to use his surprised face and the audience wouldn't have a fleeting second of "OMG WHAT A TWIST" for the four people who couldn't work it out themselves.

And of course you wouldn't have people bleating on about spoilers on the internet.

PS TOM CRUISE IS A CLONE.
    Thanks for that. Maybe people want to discover things for themselves. Who are you to decide? That's pretty selfish and childish.
  • Deckard2 4 Sep 2013 20:16:11 3,726 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah if that's true it's a dick move
  • Deleted user 4 September 2013 20:25:27
    It's as much a spoiler as saying Morgan Freeman is in the film, so I wouldn't worry.

Now if I were to tell you he fights Morgan Freeman to the death over a volcano after it turns out that Morgan Freeman was behind THE WHOLE THING, that would be a spoiler.
  • DFawkes 4 Sep 2013 20:28:31 24,094 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I didn't really watch trailers so didn't see hints to that end. That's very not cool if true. Of course I realise it's probably a hilarious joke and not true, which makes it a rather unfunny joke rather than purposefully trying to ruin something for others. Both are not cool.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Deleted user 4 September 2013 20:28:59
    Morgan Freeman is also his dad.
  • DFawkes 4 Sep 2013 20:32:09 24,094 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Could you just please remove/replace the one in caps meme? Not for me, just for those that would prefer to go in blind. Please. I'd really appreciate it.

Edit: Actually don't bother, 2 others have quoted it, which was a silly move.

Edited by DFawkes at 20:34:09 04-09-2013

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Page

of 2867 First / Last