Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2323

• Page

of 2710 First / Last

• bad09 26 Aug 2013 14:32:52 5,643 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @boo

It's nazis in space of course expectations are low, I just didn't realised how low they needed to be :)

Really can't see how the word hilarious can apply to Iron Sky though, the only thing I laughed at was the downfall meme other than that I just cringed through most of it and I'm someone quite partial to a bit of silly comedy.

Edited by bad09 at 14:36:31 26-08-2013
  • boo 26 Aug 2013 14:44:00 11,706 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Maybe I was just in the right mood when I put it on.
    I'm quite partial to a cheese-fest.

Just Another Lego Blog

• TechnoHippy 26 Aug 2013 15:58:10 14,698 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Deja Vu

Deja Vu is a thriller about a terrorist attack that blows up a ferry filled with a Navy crew. Denzel Washington plays an ATF agent who helps the investigation. He's invited to join a special team that has the technology to view into a fixed point in the past.

It's an interesting premise and while it follows the laid out path it's an excellent watch. Denzel Washington is always fun in action, the support cast less so, but they're not too detracting. The bad guy was interesting (I enjoyed watching him in Person of Interest), I would have liked to have seen more of him in the film.

The film starts well, but unfortunately loses it's way near the end. To be blunt it goes all Hollywood, which kind of spoils it the good work from the beginning. I didn't mind the intent, but they should have tried to follow the parameters they'd explained earlier on. It would have been more difficult to accomplish, but would have made a more interesting story.

Overall it's not a bad film, in fact it's quite an entertaining watch, but it could have been so much better.

6/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• beastmaster 26 Aug 2013 17:04:04 11,190 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    We're The Millers - 6.5/10

Jennifer Anniston plays a stripper. A good one at that.

If you really need to know more then the plot centres around a pot dealer who creates a fake family, so that he may may move a huge shipment of weed across the Mexican border.

It's one of those lewd, crude comedies whereby by the end of the film, the characters have undergone some kind of journey and become better people. There are the usual knob gags, swearing and the same old stuff you've seen before.

It's not half bad though and there are some very funny scenes in it. Nothing that'll have you busting your sides with laughter but it'll make you laugh a fair bit. It has the usual outtakes at the end with one being particular hilarious.

2 Guns - 5.5/10

Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg have the chemistry and the one-liners, but the film lets itself down with an average, seen it all before script.

This has been hyped up a bit as being a new kind of Lethal Weapon type action film. It nowhere in the same league as that but it's watchable enough.

Two different agents get set up, they then team up and try to find out what's really going on. I really didn't care when it came down to the climax of the film.

If it wasn't for the chemistry between the lead actors, it would have been a poor film. The action sequences are fine but they hardly get the adrenaline pumping. There's nothing you've not seen done better many times before.

I did like the characters though, so I wouldn't mind some kind of sequel. Just hope they put some money into the script.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• craigy Staff 26 Aug 2013 17:59:50 7,541 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Trowel remake! Haven't seen the original. I assume it's 500% better than what I watched.
  • TechnoHippy 26 Aug 2013 19:40:29 14,698 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Django Unchained

This is a fun film, not one of Tarantino's best, but well worth a watch. Jamie Foxx plays a slave freed by a bounty hunter and they team up to try and free his wife who is still being kept as a slave. Don't be confused by the cover, this isn't a western (although it has western film elements).

It has a lot of humour throughout and is a strange mixture of silly and serious. For the most part the balance is spot on, but in places it makes the film drag a bit. Django is a decent character, a little bit larger than life, but the bounty hunter who rescues him at the beginning stole the show for me. He is a lot of fun to watch.

Leonardo Di Caprio does a good turn as the Southern plantation owner, but Samuel L Jackson plays his usual character as the main house slave. It works really well. All in all it's a recommended watch.

7/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Bremenacht 26 Aug 2013 20:23:33 17,613 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Noted the absence of this film in this thread (or I don't read it enough) sooooo..

The Lone Ranger 70%

It's the unoriginal-blockbuster-in-a-dustbin.

It really does seem like every idea anyone involved ever came up with has been chucked into the (dustbin) mix, resulting in a film which seems to mix-up/confuse genres and styles (and pace, and plot..), but never keeps still long enough for you to get a close enough look at them. Actually, it does get a bit static mid-film, but when I finally noticed it picked up the pace again. It felt shorter than 2.5 hours, although a re-watch will probably drag.

Strong (enough) characters help, particularly Depp as Tonto. Yes, Tonto - not Jack Sparrow. You won't think of Sparrow when he gets going, as Tonto warrants some empathy, although he's perhaps a bit wooden, and Depp may or may not be phoning it in - who can tell? The Lone Ranger himself is Ok, but the other characters don't warrant a mention. Oh, apart from the horse. Hurrah. However, it's that sort of film.

Bottom line: If you don't like Depp, don't bother. Otherwise, it's worth a punt.

Confusing review? Good.

Edited by Bremenacht at 20:23:51 26-08-2013
  • faux_carnation 26 Aug 2013 20:38:51 9,082 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ted - 1/10

Tedious,unfunny, repetitive, one-note drivel. I literally didn't laugh even once.

Boatmurdered FC

• Gruff 26 Aug 2013 20:44:40 2,841 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    But, but, the widdle tweddy bear

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• StarchildHypocrethes 26 Aug 2013 20:48:14 25,426 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    On a similar note, last night I watched:

The Inbetweeners Movie - 4.5/10
    Lacking any comedy at all really. Had one or two moments, but other than that it was pretty poor.
  • oceanmotion 26 Aug 2013 20:48:34 15,663 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ted is shite.

I did like the trailer trash name guessing though.

The crude humour is just bizarre, why is it funny.
  • faux_carnation 26 Aug 2013 20:52:08 9,082 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    Ted is shite.

I did like the trailer trash name guessing though.

The crude humour is just bizarre, why is it funny.
    There were a couple of moments like that which might have raised a smirk if they hadn't been in the trailer.

Boatmurdered FC

• Deleted user 26 August 2013 22:00:37
    Animal Factory (2000) 8/10

Had this sitting on the shelf for years, and only just got around to watching it. The DVD cover does little to help the film, other than mention Willem Dafoe, who along with Edward Furlong do a great job of playing the part of two cons. The biggest surprise was seeing Mickey Rourke show up as Jan a cross-dressing make-up wearing con. As prison dramas go, Animal Factory is quite good, but no match compared to the brutal Midnight Express or Shawshank Redemption.
  • wobbly_Bob 26 Aug 2013 22:09:31 1,628 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    faux_carnation wrote:
    Ted - 1/10

Tedious,unfunny, repetitive, one-note drivel. I literally didn't laugh even once.
    Yeah it was really, really bad.
  • muttler 26 Aug 2013 22:12:41 3,942 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    How I Spent My Summer Vacation

It's a decent enough action film and MG does play a good action role here.  I know he's a twat in real life, but he's friends with Jodie Foster, that's got to count for something right?

Anyway, 7.9/10
  • muttler 26 Aug 2013 23:19:46 3,942 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Righteous Kill

Vigilante serial killer / cop drama.  Robert DeNiro is on top form in this, steals the show really, even from Al Pacino, who also gives a good performance. 

8.5/10
  • Deleted user 27 August 2013 07:38:36
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    Django Unchained

This is a fun film, not one of Tarantino's best, but well worth a watch. Jamie Foxx plays a slave freed by a bounty hunter and they team up to try and free his wife who is still being kept as a slave. Don't be confused by the cover, this isn't a western (although it has western film elements).

It has a lot of humour throughout and is a strange mixture of silly and serious. For the most part the balance is spot on, but in places it makes the film drag a bit. Django is a decent character, a little bit larger than life, but the bounty hunter who rescues him at the beginning stole the show for me. He is a lot of fun to watch.

Leonardo Di Caprio does a good turn as the Southern plantation owner, but Samuel L Jackson plays his usual character as the main house slave. It works really well. All in all it's a recommended watch.

7/10
    I sort of want to see it, and sort of don't want to see it. I've read it contains a lot of 'F' and 'N' words, and comes in at 3hrs. Inglourious Basterds disappointed me, as i found it somewhat boring. The Kill Bill films were ok in a fun way, but no match for the might of Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown, three films that made me like Tarantino. I thought it all started going wrong for Tarantino when From Dusk Till Dawn arrived. The first half of the film was excellent full on Tarantino, and the seconds half was total sh-t. It felt like two films bolted togather, it felt like Tatantino was having some sort of breakdown. Let's not forget that other film, Bullet Proof. That was Tatatino being 100% self indulgent, a total B movie. Heh.
  • Syrette 27 Aug 2013 08:26:30 43,107 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You are allowed to swear on here.

• Robot_Chubby 27 Aug 2013 08:39:54 260 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    muttler wrote:
    Righteous Kill

Vigilante serial killer / cop drama.  Robert DeNiro is on top form in this, steals the show really, even from Al Pacino, who also gives a good performance. 

8.5/10
    Most. Obvious. Twist. Ever.
  • Ashleyfiddes 27 Aug 2013 08:45:10 980 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dark shadows 3-10 depo is a very overrated actor

Beautiful creatures 4-10 not a single beautiful part of this movie

Silver lining playbook 9-10 Jesus this film is good, thought it was just going to be fluff but was actually well written/ acted

It did bring up one issue though, Jennifer Lawrence was rather attractive and on a quick wiki search it turns out she is 24 with actresses getting hot in thier early twenties at what age does it get creepy for me to find them attractive (luckily I am only 28 but it must be weird if you have a daughter that age)
  • Deckard1 27 Aug 2013 08:49:18 27,238 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Hobbit

As a fan of LOTR I've been putting off watching this as I thought it was going to be shit. Turns out I was right. Dull characters, dull story, and every scene was doused in shit CGI. One of the main strengths of LOTR for me is that everything looked and felt real. This just looks so fake. In fact it reminded me a lot of the Star Wars prequels at times.

Pointless cash in of a film.

Shite/10
  • kalel 27 Aug 2013 08:54:13 86,415 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Iron Man 3

Was ok once it got going. There was way too much non Iron Man boring action in the first hour. It was a bit DKR in that respect. Took itself a bit too seriously, but eventually became a passable action film. But I'd kind of seen it all before as well. Meh.

6/10
  • Deleted user 27 August 2013 09:04:02
    Deckard1 wrote:
    The Hobbit

As a fan of LOTR I've been putting off watching this as I thought it was going to be shit. Turns out I was right. Dull characters, dull story, and every scene was doused in shit CGI. One of the main strengths of LOTR for me is that everything looked and felt real. This just looks so fake. In fact it reminded me a lot of the Star Wars prequels at times.

Pointless cash in of a film.

Shite/10
    Honestly can't see how you can be a fan of LOTR and find this dull.
  • Deckard1 27 Aug 2013 09:07:22 27,238 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    One of life's mysteries I guess.
  • kalel 27 Aug 2013 09:09:18 86,415 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Because despite looking similar, one is a massive story that's been compacted (interesting), and one's a short story that's been bloated (dull).
  • Deckard1 27 Aug 2013 09:10:59 27,238 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah that as well, I just couldn't be bothered to argue.
  • JiveHound 27 Aug 2013 09:51:19 2,346 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    The Hobbit has got to count as one of the most cynical cash grabs in recent movie history.

Watched The Good, The Bad and the Ugly for the first time yesterday. Fucking awesome. I really can't believe I had never seen it before. Excellent in High Def, Eastwood was one hell of a smooth fucker in this.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• MrE26 27 Aug 2013 09:53:07 1,922 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I enjoyed The Hobbit first time i saw it but i've not been able to sit through it again. It's just too bloated, & they're actually putting out an extended cut of it soon.
  • JiveHound 27 Aug 2013 10:33:55 2,346 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    It seems like they really want to turn it into the Simarillion.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• Page

of 2710 First / Last