Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2319

• Page

of 2704 First / Last

• Deleted user 20 August 2013 09:34:47
    Gasland is a great documentary if you haven't seen it, Craigy.
  • craigy Staff 20 Aug 2013 09:42:06 7,503 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Aah, I think I've seen that listed on Netflix. Will check it oot.
  • Deleted user 20 August 2013 09:42:43
    Obviously on the same fracking theme I forgot to add.
  • quadfather 20 Aug 2013 09:45:16 11,815 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Poseidon, the Wolfgang Petersen remake. Quite entertaining - I'll give it an 8

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• spindle9988 20 Aug 2013 09:57:24 3,492 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Flight 7.5/10

If you have a fear of flying, (like me) its quite a hard film to watch. Denzil, as always, was fantastic. This made me think if it was a different lead, would I of enjoyed the film as much? Probably not.

Its on canadian netflix as well
  • Maturin 20 Aug 2013 10:16:31 2,889 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Iron Man 3 8/10

I really enjoyed the final part of the Iron Man trilogy. I love Shane Black's script and directing and he always works well with RDJ - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang for example.

Great twists and turns. A kid that wasn't annoying. And a story that worked. Brilliant performance from Ben Kingsley too.

Looking forward to new Thor now.

(watched via Google Play BTW - it's been released there before physical formats)

Edited by Maturin at 10:17:08 20-08-2013
  • wobbly_Bob 20 Aug 2013 10:25:13 1,617 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Watched Doom coz it was on da Netflix innit. I hadn't previously seen it because I heard it was crap and it looked crap. It actually wasn't as bad as I expected but certainly isn't great either. Still waiting for that awesome video game movie to be made.

5/10
  • thefilthandthefury 20 Aug 2013 10:44:38 24,951 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Doom annoys me, because it should be a great action/horror film and a visual feast... especially if they stuck with all the Hell stuff.

But, nah, they messed it up. As usual.
  • ChillDude 20 Aug 2013 11:38:43 34 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Monsters University 92% :)
  • wobbly_Bob 20 Aug 2013 13:17:40 1,617 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    Doom annoys me, because it should be a great action/horror film and a visual feast... especially if they stuck with all the Hell stuff.

Exactly, and it's a shame that they missed our little hellos scary aspects.
  • wobbly_Bob 20 Aug 2013 13:17:40 1,617 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    thefilthandthefury wrote:

Exactly, and it's a shame that they missed our little hellish scary aspects.

Edited by wobbly_Bob at 13:18:08 20-08-2013
  • quadfather 20 Aug 2013 13:20:34 11,815 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I still force myself to watch doom now and again. I know it's pretty crap, but I've watched it enough times now for it to become a comfort film when I'm eating or pissed up late at night.

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Mola_Ram 20 Aug 2013 14:12:41 6,956 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Elysium

My god that was a stupid movie. I was crying with laughter at the end.

It's a good thing they disabled the missile defense system before Spider getting that ship to Elysium. And by "missile defense system", I mean "this one South African guy with a missile launcher".

And it was good that Elysium didn't have... oh, I don't know... a small army of robot soldiers to protect itself against 3 random guys with guns. Evidently they were busy abducting refugees.

And why did Elysium want the poor unwashed to not have medical treatment? Because they're giant racists or something?

Why was Jodie Foster in this movie? Why did she speak French?

Why is a frag grenade to the face a wound you can get better from, but a knife to the throat not? Whyyyyyyyyyy

It looked pretty, but yeah, from about halfway through it became a complete mess. District 9 was much better.

5.7/10
  • Deleted user 20 August 2013 21:15:50
    Iron Man 3- 7/10

Some good set pieces, but not enough of RDJ actually being Iron Man.
  • LionheartDJH 20 Aug 2013 22:22:39 19,359 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    All Good Things - 6/10

Decent thriller, Gosling and Dunst put in good performances, hard to believe nothing was pinned on the real life guy it was based on.

The Place Beyond The Pines - 7/10

The first hour is pretty awesome, but it seemed to drop off a bit after that. I did like the way it focused on 3 characters' arcs though, the soundtrack was decent and Cooper was pretty good.

She dives for cheese pasties

• Deleted user 21 August 2013 00:22:30
    Star Trek Into Darkness- 7/10

Not enough Khan, by far the best thing about the film. Felt a bit rushed too.

Edited by iHAZaCHEEZ3burger at 00:43:23 21-08-2013
  • Deleted user 21 August 2013 00:37:23
    I bet you watched that in a cinema in China.
  • Deleted user 21 August 2013 00:43:00
    Orange Tuesday's over here. Went with TheHammerite.
  • Mola_Ram 21 Aug 2013 01:52:06 6,956 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I think, just to be sure, we need to provide details of exactly where and when we saw each movie, just so it's easy to cross-check.

So I saw Elysium last night at Village Cinemas, 1239 Nepean Hwy, Cheltenham, Australia, 3192 at 8:40pm on the 20th of August, 2013. I'll see if I can get a certified copy of my tickets to put up.

The movie was pretty average. Wish I'd stolen it.
  • Deleted user 21 August 2013 01:59:20
    I'm currently watching Under The Dome S01E09. eztv release.
  • Mola_Ram 21 Aug 2013 02:13:31 6,956 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    LIAR
  • Dangerous_Dan 21 Aug 2013 10:37:34 2,378 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Star Trek - Into Darkness - 2013

Yes, I stole it.

It's a collection of old story elements, mostly Star Trek 2. It doesn't have the same impact though - somehow there is always the feeling that it's gonna be alright at the end - not much suspense.
    Everybody dismisses regulations, orders, just like that. At the end it's a bunch of kids running a spaceship - but it all turns out to be okay at the end.

I was rooting for Kahn in the second half of the movie.

I liked Star Trek 2009 - but this one...
    all mashed up - everybody can be Captain, disobedience doesn't matter, in fact nothing matters, at the end everybody's happy. Like 12 year olds. No consequences - no suspense - no interest.

6/10 - Could have been so much more...
  • Deleted user 21 August 2013 18:32:33
    Mulholland Drive (2001) 9/10

Typical David Lynch stuff. A whole mass of stuff that makes little sense. Some of it makes sense, then a whole load of work is required to really understand it, if it can be understood at all. Some research online help straighten the story out. What I love about Lynch films are they just look and sound so good, and the dream nightmare atmosphere he creates are great.

I felt somewhat silly, as last night I decided to watch Mulholland Drive for what I considered to be the 2nd time, as Iíve owned the DVD for well over 7 years. I thought, I didnít get it the 1st time around so Iíll give it another whirl. I didnít recall the intro sequence one bit, or the sceneís that followed. Turnís out, I had seen Lost Highway, not Mulholland Drive.

I think I prefer Lost Highway compared to Mulholland Drive, and Inland Empire beats the lot, as that is all out freaky, and the layers going on in that film, well I havenít worked them out yet.
  • dominalien 21 Aug 2013 18:41:10 6,829 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    I'll see if I can get a certified copy of my tickets to put up.
    Just make sure the tickets are certified by a notary of sufficiently good standing and translated to British-English by an authorised translator. Otherwise they will NOT be accepted.

PSN: DonOsito

• dominalien 21 Aug 2013 18:43:03 6,829 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    ... Elysium ...

The movie was pretty average. Wish I'd stolen it.
    I actually rather liked it, apart from the cheesy ending. Very District 9, visually.

PSN: DonOsito

• -cerberus- 21 Aug 2013 18:48:37 2,412 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @blacksea Haven't seen Inland Empire yet. Something tells me I better get right to it :p

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• vijay_UK 21 Aug 2013 19:40:15 2,076 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @blacksea

I need to watch Inland Empire too, it just went off my radar until today. Thought Mulholland Drive was terrific, been a long time since I saw it though.
  • Deleted user 21 August 2013 21:14:11
    vijay_UK wrote:
    @blacksea

I need to watch Inland Empire too, it just went off my radar until today. Thought Mulholland Drive was terrific, been a long time since I saw it though.
    Inland Empire is about 3hrs long, so it takes some watching. It's difficult to follow, if it can be followed at all. During the 3rd hour there's some moments that are disturbing in their own way. There is one particular image, a brief image that I find hard to look at everytime I watch the film, real nightmare stuff.

Edited by blacksea at 21:14:41 21-08-2013
  • Robot_Chubby 21 Aug 2013 21:43:18 260 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @blacksea Need to check out both Mulholland Drive and Inland Empire. Lost Highway is awesome though: 'I'm in you're house!' - shiver.

And Blue Velvet still has one of the most genuinely frightening villains ever...
  • Deleted user 21 August 2013 22:21:43
    The fountain.

So close to turning it off. So so close. It fucking bonkers and therefore i didn;t. it is fucking ludicrous, its knows it, and.. well i can't say by the end i wasn't entertained.

Genuinely don't know how to rate this one! The score i have had for some time, clint mansell is a legend.

i would go for a 5/10. It is shit. But its good shit. Probably an extra point for the best opening lines ever. I think it is a trap. It is a trap! What shall we do! Hehe instantly had a monty phython esq sketch play out in my head.
  • Page

of 2704 First / Last