Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2316

• Page

of 2867 First / Last

• disusedgenius 18 Aug 2013 11:54:34 5,625 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Kick-Ass 2 - 6/10

Pretty much what you expect, nothing more really.
  • Deleted user 18 August 2013 12:11:43
    disusedgenius wrote:
    Kick-Ass 2 - 6/10

Pretty much what you expect, nothing more really.
    I am going to see this movie next week.
    The first one was absolutely fantastic:-)
  • TheHammerite 18 Aug 2013 12:19:24 1,534 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Iron Man 3

7/10

Pretty good. I'm not a big fan of comic book movies, but this one was enjoyable without being memorable.

Fills 2 hours quite well.

Edited by TheHammerite at 12:20:07 18-08-2013

Edited by TheHammerite at 12:20:28 18-08-2013
  • disusedgenius 18 Aug 2013 12:24:00 5,625 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Kr7stof wrote:
    I am going to see this movie next week.
    The first one was absolutely fantastic:-)
    Hum. In which case this will probably be slightly worse than you expect. Not bad or anything, but rather predicable and by he numbers.
  • Deleted user 18 August 2013 12:38:35
    If it is by the numbers and follows the same path as the first than i am happy but i will think about what you said en slightly lower my enthusiasm:-P
  • TechnoHippy 18 Aug 2013 13:04:05 14,716 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Last Temptation of Christ

The first time I watched this film I was under the influence of psychedelics and I'll admit that it freaked me out. I've since always intended to watch it again in a straighter frame of mind to properly appreciate it. Well I finally have and I'm glad I did.

To my mind this a superior film to the much later Passion of the Christ, it doesn't try to tell a historical story, or repeat the gospel, instead it tells the spiritual journey. Whether you are a believer or not it stands as a fascinating story.

The film tells of Jesus and the torment that he experiences as he tries to understand his place in God's scheme. It shows the background of his life and what he tried to do. What is does well is show the human side to the story.

The film itself is well made, the performances (especially those of Jesus and Judas) are very well done, in places its a bit theatrical, but that works in context. It could have done with a tighter edit, the film does feel like it dragged a bit, but not excessively so.

Overall it's an interesting film to watch.

8/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Robot_Chubby 18 Aug 2013 14:24:19 260 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @-cerberus- Isn't Troll 2 generally regarded as the best bad movie ever? I think you're in for a treat.
  • MrSensible 18 Aug 2013 14:54:56 25,387 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Troll 2 is utterly fantastic in how terrible it is. What makes it even better is that the director genuinely believes it to be a good. proper, film.

It rivals 'The Room' for best shitty film, but I can't pick between them.
  • Robot_Chubby 18 Aug 2013 15:17:06 260 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I still have a lot of love for The Happening in this context. The bit with the plastic plant makes me howl.
  • JoeBlade 18 Aug 2013 15:36:47 2,670 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    Troll 2 is utterly fantastic in how terrible it is. What makes it even better is that the director genuinely believes it to be a good. proper, film.
    Hah, I've always wondered how and why absolutely terrible flicks like this got made. I'm in two minds whether them being someone's honest and genuine "artistic vision" makes matters better or worse :p
  • Deleted user 18 August 2013 16:19:24
    The Dictator (2012) Has it’s moments, not as funny as Borat/10

The story is so so at the start, cracking a few jokes, setting the ground work for what a Dictator is. Once the Dictator arrives in the US, John C. Reilly shows up, and then the real Lol began. The Dictators double shows up at a press conference, seriously funny. The Dictator ends up with a feminist type called Zoey, and again I was laughing, the stuff he was throwing at her. Then my attention was wandering, the humour failing for the next 30+ minutes. To some degree, the film felt too polished for its own good. Sacha Baron Cohen never seems as in character compared to either Borat or Bruno.

Towards the later half of the film, it really does feel like they are trying to wrap things up, without any gags to tell. It’s like some paint by numbers American comedy, lacking in any real spark.

The closing ‘democracy’ comments mocking America was all too true. Heh.

Among the many funny lines, here’s one I remembered:
    ‘Zoey, I’m attracted to you in a really fucked up way..’ - The Dictator

• TechnoHippy 18 Aug 2013 17:17:08 14,716 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Minority Report

An ok sc-fi thriller. In the relatively near future there is the ability to detect murder before it happens and a special department is responsible for arresting and containing the would be killers. Tom Cruise plays the lead agent. When reviewing a new case he discovers that he is the killer.

It's a silly film in places (the jet packs stand out), but for the most part it's an enjoyable film. The plot unravels at a reasonable pace. The glimpses of the future are quite interesting, such as the personalised ads while passing by. Visually the film looks good and the main characters play their parts well, but it doesn't really raise itself above the ok mark.

The actual plot is predictable, the action scenes good, but nothing inspired. Overall it's not a bad watch, but far from a great one either.

6/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• nickthegun 18 Aug 2013 17:39:31 61,348 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TheHammerite wrote:
    Iron Man 3

7/10

Pretty good. I'm not a big fan of comic book movies, but this one was enjoyable without being memorable.

Fills 2 hours quite well.

But not enough to pay for, right?

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Ashleyfiddes 18 Aug 2013 17:41:13 980 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hansel & gretal which hunters 4/10

Terrible terrible movie but one that I think knows it is bad and plays up on it
  • CharlieStCloud 18 Aug 2013 17:42:00 5,530 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    But not enough to pay for, right?
    Precisely what I was thinking!

... unless he lives in the US, which I THINK Iron Man 3 is out. I think so.
  • nickthegun 18 Aug 2013 17:43:00 61,348 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nurp. Both end of september.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• CharlieStCloud 18 Aug 2013 17:46:01 5,530 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Nurp. Both end of september.
  • Deleted user 18 August 2013 17:46:52
    Fingering them softly. 8/10

I thought it was pretty good although I was disappointed with Eva mendes performance, she didn't seem to get into the role as I would of expected. Scarlett johansonn was excellent though, I'd wait for dvd though as no cgi or anythink. Just a quality drama.
  • CharlieStCloud 18 Aug 2013 17:50:23 5,530 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Fingering Them Softly?

... is that the hard-to-get-hold of X-rated version by any chance?

: )

Edited by CharlieStCloud at 17:52:07 18-08-2013
  • Robot_Chubby 18 Aug 2013 17:55:11 260 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Paths of Glory
    Pretty damn outstanding anti war movie by Kubrick. Some of the cinematography has his fingerprints all over it, making it visually very impressive in parts. True, the story is quite simple, but it's brutally effective, and I imagine it would have been very shocking back in '57. Can see why it was banned in France. The only detraction was the actor and role of General Mireau. The character is really over the top, and the actor is pretty appalling. Overall though, very good indeed: 8/10
  • Deleted user 18 August 2013 17:58:07
    Oh come on Deckard, I would expect more from you!
  • TOOTR 18 Aug 2013 18:05:18 9,652 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hot Tub Time Machine

Absolutely awful. Drivel.

DNF it was such drivel.

15% (only because I enjoyed hearing Motley Crue's Kickstart My Heart.)

BinaryBob101 wrote:
    The Danger Mouse reboot worries me a great deal.

• Kostabi 18 Aug 2013 18:08:28 5,098 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bachlorette - 1/10

It's on US Netflix and there it can stay. Complete joyless turd of a movie that only gets a point because Lizzy Caplan is awesome and her blowjob speech is the only thing that got even a mild chuckle.
  • TOOTR 18 Aug 2013 18:09:33 9,652 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rise of the Planet of The Apes

A recent rewatch, after reading some articles recently about the incoming sequel, and enjoyed it as much as I did in the flicks.

Lots of subtle imagery that credits the audience some intelligence, until the bombastic ending - which I still enjoyed.

Nothing beats the 1968 original but at least this prequel pays solid homage whilst doing it's own father/son creator/creation thing too.

I HEART APES!

90%

BinaryBob101 wrote:
    The Danger Mouse reboot worries me a great deal.

• captainrentboy 18 Aug 2013 18:14:01 1,107 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Kostabi
    It must be a right stinker, even for a chick flick, the wifey gave it a go whilst I was out the other night and said she managed 10 mins before knocking it off.
    I'm guessing it's no Bridesmaids.
  • Page

of 2867 First / Last