Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2294

• Page

of 2751 First / Last

• Pure-Ultra 1 Aug 2013 10:30:54 741 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Animal kingdom - terrific Australian film with great performances all round. 9/10.
  • Ashleyfiddes 1 Aug 2013 10:31:58 980 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Pure-Ultra is it like animal farm but with kangaroos and koala's and stuff
  • khaz 1 Aug 2013 11:40:46 2,782 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Steve_Perry wrote:
    Yeah he doesn't come off well in that film. I'm not sure he would give a shit though. He probably watched it sitting on his duck tales pile of million dollar coins.
    He came across as more lonely than assholey to me.

Like a lot of other genius (Or near genius) level people who lack a social element to their personality. Strikes me as the type of person you have to really dig around before being let in. The fact that he came up with something like Facebook makes me think he's someone who deeply understands how and why people are social but was never able to express it himself.

I would imagine he's the type who grow into their skin later than most people.

Edited by khaz at 11:45:36 01-08-2013
  • imamazed 1 Aug 2013 11:50:26 5,534 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @khaz Yeh I mostly agree with that, except he did also come across as knowingly unfair and spiteful towards Eduardo. He never seems to give him any credit in the whole fillum.
  • neems 1 Aug 2013 11:50:49 1,217 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    A Good Day to Die Hard - still not as bad as Die Hard 2 / 10

I think going in to it with low expectations probably helped. Objectively poor, but mildly entertaining if you're in the right mood.
  • khaz 1 Aug 2013 12:05:39 2,782 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @imamazed

I still think he let the circumstances bully him into that and then embraced the bully. I never got the impression he was very good at dealing with people who stood up to him, like that girl in the bar.

So when he saw an opportunity to grab Facebook for himself and took it. I think it was the only time in the whole movie he stood up for himself in a social context.

Edited by khaz at 12:06:09 01-08-2013
  • imamazed 1 Aug 2013 12:08:10 5,534 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeh, all that's fine, but it ignores the friendship that they had in the film. Like it was worth nothing. Still, a good film and in interesting character.
  • khaz 1 Aug 2013 12:17:08 2,782 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That's just it. I think he realised that Facebook was worth more to him than a friendship. It was brutal but something he clearly wanted or maybe even needed to do.

And yeah, good film.
  • disusedgenius 1 Aug 2013 18:59:21 5,284 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Re: The Wolverine

I didn't think it was that bad, to be honest. Not great or anything but better than Origins, Xmen 3 or First Class.

7/10
  • drhcnip 1 Aug 2013 19:02:44 2,488 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    the possession on uk netflix

meh/10

nothing i havent seen before...couple of interesting bits but not enough to make me consider watching it again any time soon...
  • CosmicFuzz 1 Aug 2013 20:07:37 23,869 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Rosemary's Baby 9/10

First time I've ever seen it. Really loved it. Very creepy and even though I knew a little of the story, I still got wrapped up in it all. Some great performances and watching it on iPad in bed with headphones in dark was super creepy.

Episode 5 of our gaming podcast Open Source is a Gamescom Special. Check it out here!

• jaangus 1 Aug 2013 21:19:15 188 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Pure-Ultra

Great great film big Ben mendelshon fan after this and killing them softly
  • Robot_Chubby 1 Aug 2013 21:26:22 260 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Rosemary's Baby 9/10

First time I've ever seen it. Really loved it. Very creepy and even though I knew a little of the story, I still got wrapped up in it all. Some great performances and watching it on iPad in bed with headphones in dark was super creepy.
    Only Polanski movie I like is Chinatown. Can't get onboard with any of his other stuff at all. Chinatown really is good though, you should check it out.
  • Deleted user 1 August 2013 22:36:05
    Surplus: Terrorized Into Being Consumers (2003) It's ok/10

Documentary set to music.
    The message: We’re all doomed if we continue on the road (most of us) we are on: Work, Money, Consume, Repeat (thus destroying the planet in the process). I guess the film is correct, and no, I doubt anything will happen any time soon to fix the problem(s), atleast not until we really do run out of all the stuff that makes the stuff.

• Deleted user 1 August 2013 22:40:23
    Robot_Chubby wrote:
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Rosemary's Baby 9/10

Only Polanski movie I like is Chinatown. Can't get onboard with any of his other stuff at all. Chinatown really is good though, you should check it out.
    Chinatown is good. Other Polanski films that are good include: Bitter Moon (1992) and Frantic (1988).

Frantic

Bitter Moon

Edited by blacksea at 22:40:41 01-08-2013
  • ronuds 1 Aug 2013 22:45:49 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    blacksea wrote:
    Surplus: Terrorized Into Being Consumers (2003) It's ok/10
    Did you photoshop this yourself?
  • Deleted user 1 August 2013 22:49:11
    No love for The Pianist (2002)?

• Megapocalypse 1 Aug 2013 23:36:28 5,388 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Premium Rush - 7/10

Actually quite fun. Though as a cyclist I think I hated almost every character in it except maybe the cyclist cop.
  • B0rked_Gamer 1 Aug 2013 23:46:27 2,570 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Ninth Gate is rather good even if the ending feels a bit rushed. I like all the talk about "kosher paper".
  • Madder-Max 1 Aug 2013 23:47:24 11,641 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Wrath of the titans. Switched off after half hour/10

Its not bad bad but soooooooo fucking predictable. I would have thought his son would have been" OMFG my dads a god!!!" When he found out but it wwas all a gooey mehhhhhh.

U just know exactly how the story will go too....or I'm just fucking jaded atm from working hard dispensing ale to mankind.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Madder-Max 1 Aug 2013 23:52:33 11,641 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    bad09 wrote:
    The problem with the Matrix sequels was the change in direction. 1 was about mankind imprisoned in a virtual world by machines and used as a power source, it was interesting and a little scary. The 2 sequels touched on that but were mainly vehicles for over the top set pieces focusing on nonsense like Smith being a virus made by Neo and the awful "ghosts and monsters" being old leftover programs. The freeing of mankind is almost an afterthought in Revolutions.

Whether or not it was a "planned trilogy" it's clear they had no clue what to do if they did get a trilogy from the first one.
    Fucking right son. Spot on. Someone should remake the sequels. They keep remaking spiderman, batman, superman etc

99 problems and being ginger is one

• captainrentboy 2 Aug 2013 02:06:14 977 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Hunger Games - 68%
    Expected the worst, turned out to be strangely entertaining and watchable.
    Jennifer Lawrence's presence probably helped.
  • Nanocrystal 2 Aug 2013 02:23:49 1,013 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    meme wrote:
    No love for The Pianist (2002)?

GLOL!
  • jamesi 2 Aug 2013 05:45:48 203 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The wolverine great bit early on but story is a bit dull tbh.They aren't making most of great character,one of the best comics so there should be plenty to work with but film pays no attention to comics at all.It is better than x men origins though.7/10
  • Mola_Ram 2 Aug 2013 06:04:17 7,238 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Xtro 2 - 3/10

I didn't really care for the first one, but it was charming in a way.

The title of this one has a 2 in it, but as far as I could see there was no relationship whatsoever between the two. They both have an alien in them, but that's about it.

Basically it's a cheap knock off of Aliens, with none of the things that were good about Aliens. The creature effects were awful, the acting cheesy. Which might put it in the "so bad it's good" category that people seem to believe in, were it not for the whole thing being really, really boring.
  • craigy Staff 2 Aug 2013 09:21:06 7,600 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @CosmicFuzz hail Satan! The other half really hates it when I say that to our little baby.
  • craigy Staff 2 Aug 2013 09:22:27 7,600 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Wolverine: 4/10

For a big-budget project with a really interesting character they didn't half make a dull film.

• UncleLou Moderator 2 Aug 2013 09:22:43 35,508 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    craigy wrote:
    @CosmicFuzz hail Satan! The other half really hates it when I say that to our little baby.

Can't read "hail satan" without thinking of this song.

Edited by UncleLou at 09:25:51 02-08-2013
  • wobbly_Bob 2 Aug 2013 10:15:37 1,720 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Missing

Really, really long. The film needed editing, badly. The premise and it's a simple dark tale that's dragged out for way over 2 hours. The tale of a child being kidnapped should be a dramatic thing but on this its really a macguffin to get them to chase the creepy Indian witch doctor.

Turned it off before the end 4/10
  • CosmicFuzz 2 Aug 2013 10:40:41 23,869 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I liked the Ghost Writer too, and Pianist was pretty decent. Going to watch Chinatown at so e point as never seen that.

And craigy, you should hide a tape recorder with demonic chanting under the bed for late night frights.

Episode 5 of our gaming podcast Open Source is a Gamescom Special. Check it out here!

• Page

of 2751 First / Last