• Page

of 2841 First / Last

• Bremenacht 1 Jul 2013 19:10:38 19,345 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    vijay_UK wrote:
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    vijay_UK wrote:
    at least FF was far superior to the ball sack that was The Avengers.
    Are you for real?
    Yeah
    Then, may I direct you here:

http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/245661
  • Deleted user 1 July 2013 19:39:40
    The FF movies are terrible. Nothing really wrong with calling them guilty pleasure films, but it should still be recognised that they're pretty terrible. Julian McMahon looks thoroughly bored throughout both of them, and Ioan Gruffydydydyfyd even forgets how to act in Silver Surfer (and it's pretty much agreed that the films killed his attempts at breaking Hollywood).

Edited by meme at 19:41:00 01-07-2013
  • Bremenacht 1 Jul 2013 19:46:04 19,345 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think they're worse than the Transformers films. Yes, I'm sure of it.

Transformers > Star Wars prequels > FF
  • Deleted user 1 July 2013 19:59:24
    Transformers 1 isn't really that terrible.

Yes it has a terrible plot, yes the acting is atrocious, yes the action is filmed from far too close and the film is nothing but constant explosions for 2 and a half arse numbing hours but it is still 1000 better than the Star Wars prequels and FF films.
  • beastmaster 1 Jul 2013 19:59:44 11,796 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The FF reboot, according to the writers, will be more in the tone of Alien. I shit you not.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Bremenacht 1 Jul 2013 20:06:21 19,345 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:
    Transformers 1 isn't really that terrible.

Yes it has a terrible plot, yes the acting is atrocious, yes the action is filmed from far too close and the film is nothing but constant explosions for 2 and a half arse numbing hours but it is still 1000 better than the Star Wars prequels and FF films.
    Fair enough.

Transformers 1000*> Star Wars prequels >>> FF

FF:Silver Surfer deserves its own level of movie hell really. Somewhere below Babylon AD and Catwoman.
  • Deleted user 1 July 2013 20:06:50
    beastmaster wrote:
    The FF reboot, according to the writers, will be more in the tone of Alien. I shit you not.
    No it wont as they want to make money.
  • Deleted user 1 July 2013 20:09:01
    beastmaster wrote:
    Not really. They've said that it will "make you feel like when you saw Alien for the first time", specifically talking about the spectacle. They've said nothing about the tone, that's just misleading headlines.
  • MatMan562 1 Jul 2013 20:32:23 2,544 posts
    Seen 58 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I just watched Chronicle. I'm not sure if it was shit or actually pretty good but I enjoyed it. It was quite good to see how normal people would react to getting superpowers, as in not instantly try to save the world and just have fun with it, but the ending could have been a lot better. At only 80 minutes long it's worth a watch though. I think I'd give it 7/10.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Mola_Ram 1 Jul 2013 22:56:17 7,965 posts
    Seen 40 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    meme wrote:
    beastmaster wrote:
    Not really. They've said that it will "make you feel like when you saw Alien for the first time"
    Scared and ever so slightly aroused?
  • RedSparrows 1 Jul 2013 23:09:16 23,857 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    meme wrote:
    The FF movies are terrible. Nothing really wrong with calling them guilty pleasure films, but it should still be recognised that they're pretty terrible. Julian McMahon looks thoroughly bored throughout both of them, and Ioan Gruffydydydyfyd even forgets how to act in Silver Surfer (and it's pretty much agreed that the films killed his attempts at breaking Hollywood).
    He should just be Hornblower.

I still dream of the homoerotic awesomeness that The Adventures of Hornblower & Sharpe would be.
  • Mola_Ram 1 Jul 2013 23:14:26 7,965 posts
    Seen 40 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Fwiw, I didn't mind the FF movies as a bit of silliness. They're nowhere near The Avengers in overall quality, but I liked them more than the Transformers movies, if only because they didn't go for 5 hours each.
  • Bremenacht 1 Jul 2013 23:31:57 19,345 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    meme wrote:

I still dream of the homoerotic awesomeness that The Adventures of Hornblower & Sharpe would be.
    *** AUBREY ***
    * HORNBLOWER *
    *** SHARPE ***

FIGHT!
  • Bremenacht 1 Jul 2013 23:34:35 19,345 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Fwiw, I didn't mind the FF movies as a bit of silliness. They're nowhere near The Avengers in overall quality, but I liked them more than the Transformers movies, if only because they didn't go for 5 hours each.
    They're as silly as Big Brother or Eastenders. Silly in a 'reducing my brain cells to snot is fun!' sort of way. Catchung up on sleep is more fun.
  • Mola_Ram 1 Jul 2013 23:40:46 7,965 posts
    Seen 40 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Alright then.
  • beastmaster 2 Jul 2013 00:08:46 11,796 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    meme wrote:
    beastmaster wrote:
    Not really. They've said that it will "make you feel like when you saw Alien for the first time", specifically talking about the spectacle. They've said nothing about the tone, that's just misleading headlines.

Ahh...okay. Hmm...to do that in a FF film would be a remarkable achievement and would probably be a bit of a risk.

As for the original FF films, with the exception of Jessica Abla, you've got some fucking great actors in the mix already and it was great casting. The films went too family friendly and pantomime though. A reboot I'm actually quite intrigued by.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• captainrentboy 2 Jul 2013 00:14:10 1,059 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Transformers 2 is literally one of the worst big budget blockbuster movies of all time! IMO of course.
    It's so fucking shitty and unbelievably long and boring. I'd happily watch the Fantastic Four movies 5 times back to back, than put up with Bay's turd fest even once.
    I don't mind the first one, the third is a good 45 minutes too long although bareable, but the second is something else entirely.
  • Mola_Ram 2 Jul 2013 00:47:13 7,965 posts
    Seen 40 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Tbf, I've never actually watched the third transformers. I just assumed it would be more of the same. After the second one, that wasn't something I particularly wanted.
  • BeebleB 2 Jul 2013 00:49:24 975 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    watched Stoker, the English language park chan wook film. Yea looked good, had plenty weird fucked up, open to interpretation type bits. Not as good as any of his other films that I've seen but still good.

7.5/10

Psn - Emperorzaphod
    Steam - Emperorzaphod
    Wii U - sirzapalot

• Deleted user 2 July 2013 01:26:31
    Bremenacht wrote:
    RedSparrows wrote:
    meme wrote:

*** AUBREY ***
    * HORNBLOWER *
    *** SHARPE ***

FIGHT!
    http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/97393
  • sirtacos 2 Jul 2013 05:21:51 7,345 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Revenge of the Sith is total, pungent excrement. All three prequels are sub-Transformers fare, with just the odd grain of brass amongst all the muck.

Brass moments:
    Samuel Jackson with a light sabre
    The first fight between Darth Maul and Liam-Gong Neeson
    Yoda fighting
    That's it.

I know the prequel-hate bandwagon is getting creaky and rusty and tedious by now, but I don't think RoTJ should be exempted from the bile that its two predecessors rightly deserve.

It's dull, overwrought nonsense with no dramatic weight whatsoever.
    No amount of nostalgia or goodwill can ever obscure the fact that the prequels, RoTJ included, are high-budget cinematic diarrhoea. Likewise, no amount of vitriolic hyperbole can possibly overemphasise what an abominable failure they were (artistically, that is.)
    The prequel trilogy is an embarrassing piece of film-making and should be remembered by all as a cautionary tale.

The one good thing about the prequels is the unintentional hilarity of Anakin's dream about his mother, and the romantic scenes that followed.

Actually, there is another good thing: RedLetterMedia's review.

Edit: I meant RotS. RotS is a pile of shit. RotJ is decent.

RotJ isn't great either, nor is the entire OT, come to think of it, but next to the prequels they are the pinnacle of film-making.

Edited by sirtacos at 10:21:43 02-07-2013
  • Mola_Ram 2 Jul 2013 05:40:36 7,965 posts
    Seen 40 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    RotJ? I assume you meant RotS.
  • Tonka 2 Jul 2013 06:26:51 21,146 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Transformers 2 and up are worse than the prequels. As is Sucker Punch and SALT.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Mola_Ram 2 Jul 2013 06:31:50 7,965 posts
    Seen 40 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah, no, Salt didn't make my very soul cringe as the Star Wars prequels did (I actually didn't think it was bad at all). And Sucker Punch had some interesting ideas, even if it really was just a giant vanity project for Zack Snyder to beat off to.

I think the prequels were so much worse. But then maybe that's because I had higher hopes for them, making the disappointment hit extra-hard.
  • Tonka 2 Jul 2013 06:55:32 21,146 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sucker Punch was pretty to look at from time to time. Dull as a loaf of bread though.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Gambit1977 2 Jul 2013 07:27:03 10,382 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    RotJ? I assume you meant RotS.
    ROTJ is poor. In fact, once I took my nostalgia specs off, I only actually like Empire as a film. The rest are pretty terrible. It was a sad day I realised this. My entire childhood reduced to ashes...funny thing is, Empire was the one I hated as a kid :-D go figure!
  • Mola_Ram 2 Jul 2013 07:32:00 7,965 posts
    Seen 40 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I recognise that RotJ is probably the weakest of the original films. But it was the first one I remember seeing, and it has a special place in my movie-watching history.

And that bit at the end where Luke gets angry at Vader and the music starts playing... epic. One of my favorite moments in any of the films.
  • MrSensible 2 Jul 2013 07:42:08 25,292 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    RotJ is my favourite movie of all time, but you can be wrong if you like ;)
  • muttler 2 Jul 2013 07:57:21 4,229 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    Transformers 2 and up are worse than the prequels. As is Sucker Punch and SALT.
    I agree, very much actually.  I don't mind watching the prequels from time to time, while you couldn't pay me to watch Transformers 2 and 3 again. 
  • sirtacos 2 Jul 2013 10:17:20 7,345 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, whoops. I meant RotS.

RotJ isn't great either, being by far the worst of the OT, but there's really no comparing the two.
  • Page

of 2841 First / Last