Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2261

• Page

of 2751 First / Last

• muttler 29 Jun 2013 20:50:50 3,985 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Warrior

Very good acting all round and well told story for an mma film.  Tom Hardy brilliant as always, and it's really good to see Nick Nolte turn in a great performance.

8.5/10
  • skuzzbag 29 Jun 2013 22:55:02 5,638 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Master - Good but I found it hard going in places. Too long I suppose at 2 hours and 40 mins. 6.5/10
  • Deleted user 30 June 2013 02:14:14
    This Is The End - 7/10

Incredibly funny in places. But drags on a bit too long, and has far, far, far too many cock jokes. But if you want to see Jonah Hill get raped by a massive-cocked demon, then this is the film for you.

Cockneys vs. Zombies - DNF

Terrible film. It's like a student production of Snatch (complete with Alan Ford using basically the exact same lines) shoved in with every zombie cliche there is.
  • muttler 30 Jun 2013 09:01:26 3,985 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Screwed

British prison film on UK Netflix.  Quite good, well worth a watch.  Powerful performances all round.

A veteran of the Iraq war takes a job as a prison officer, and is further traumatised by the goings on of both the inmates and the prison authority.

8.5/10
  • tuff 30 Jun 2013 09:09:30 624 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Behind the Candelabra
    56%
  • nickthegun 30 Jun 2013 09:25:54 59,454 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Die hard five - if this film were a body part, it would be an arsehole. Built entirely around some coke addled film execs idea that 'yippee kiyay, mother Russia' is a strong enough idea to hang a movie on, we have some weird looking motherfucker running around like a plank with Bruce willis in tow.

It also suffers from the same thing MIB2 did in that a highly trained, über competent agent suddenly becomes a brain dead, useless gimp as soon as the older partner turns up.

The story is beyond stupid (it's one of those that contains a plan so convoluted and idiotic, it should have failed at every possible point), everyone in it absolutely sucks and the effects are terrible. I know John McLane is indestructible, but this stretches that to breaking point, most notably the several car crashes he is involved in that, despite not wearing a seatbelt, he walks away without a scratch.

Fuck this movie/10

Edited by nickthegun at 09:56:11 30-06-2013

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Megapocalypse 30 Jun 2013 09:29:30 5,388 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Real Steel

I remember seeing the trailers for this and thinking it looked rubbish, but heard good things about it and so it found its way onto my lovefilm list. I'm glad it did. Its a great father and son / underdog movie, with robots beating the crap out of each other. And rarely for a film like this; I didn't find the kid that annoying.

8/10
  • MadCaddy13 30 Jun 2013 10:22:45 1,881 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Django Unchained

Got this film a few weeks ago for me bday.

Loved it - typical Tarantino film. Christopher Waltz stole the show for me and ill bet for many others. He's a fantastic actor. I even liked Jamie foxx too which I thought I wouldn't.

Wtf was that whole scene about the bag heads and eyeholes!
    Loved that Jonah Hill was credited as Bag Head #2

One draw back - could of been a bit shorter.

85%
  • TarickStonefire 30 Jun 2013 13:27:40 3,044 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    meme wrote:
    Cockneys vs. Zombies - DNF

Terrible film. It's like a student production of Snatch (complete with Alan Ford using basically the exact same lines) shoved in with every zombie cliche there is.
    I know someone who worked on that said Alan Ford was a class gent and Harry Treadaway was a "Grade A Fucking Cunt". Ahem, his words!

Haven't seen it though, may not bother now...

Edited by TarickStonefire at 13:28:02 30-06-2013

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• muttler 30 Jun 2013 13:30:02 3,985 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Experiment

A so so, but tense film about a social / psychological experiment to simulate a prison environment with guards and inmates that goes horribly wrong.

Highlights include Adrian Brody getting his head flushed down the toilet, and Forest Whittaker plays a believable nut case.

7/10
  • TarickStonefire 30 Jun 2013 13:37:31 3,044 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Pitch Black - 6/10

Saw it for second time last night on ITV2, it's alright I guess, but I never really care much about anyone in it.

But the ad breaks on ITV2 - wow they just don't care, do they? One of them was dropped right into the middle of the scene where they're dragging themselves and the light-ropes across the planet at night, there was the shot from above of the aliens closing in around them... and an ad break. Came back from the ads to the next shot of them panicking about the aliens we just saw surrounding them. Utterly fucked the scene.

• WoodenSpoon 30 Jun 2013 15:10:19 12,285 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pitch Black - 6/10
    Is Chronicles of Riddick really meant to be the sequel to Pitch Black? I never noticed until I caught this again yesterday, but it's like their set in totally different universes.
  • TechnoHippy 30 Jun 2013 16:05:49 14,707 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Squad

The Squad tells the story of a squad of soldiers sent to investigate a guerilla base where they discover everyone has been killed except for a lone woman imprisoned in a storage room. It's quite a slow paced film, but does portray the chaos and madness of the situation quite well.

As a horror film it's ok, not great, but worth a watch. Some of the scenes are pretty grim, but not gratuitously so. I appreciate a film that is comfortable not showing you every gory detail. Unfortunately the story is a little predictable, and doesn't really explore what is actually going on.

6/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• TarickStonefire 30 Jun 2013 16:08:51 3,044 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    WoodenSpoon wrote:
    Pitch Black - 6/10
    Is Chronicles of Riddick really meant to be the sequel to Pitch Black? I never noticed until I caught this again yesterday, but it's like their set in totally different universes.
    The game? Or is there a film?

I thought it was just Pitch Black and a game about escaping Butcher Bay, which I assumed was meant to be a 'prequel' of sorts.

But now you mention it I'm having a recollection of some other film with really elaborate royalty or something, a real 'space opera' that was called Chronicles Of Riddick...

Not seen it, if so. And not googling for it either ;)

• DFawkes 30 Jun 2013 17:03:56 22,789 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pitch Black is supposed to be like The Hobbit of the Riddick universe, with a story involving the same character but with a different tone to the planned Chronicles of Riddick trilogy.

Of course some people, inlcuding myself, felt Chronicles was a bit too different in tone, even forgetting some of what Riddick is about. I still enjoyed it, but he wasn't as much an anti-hero as he was just a hero. I can almost see the logic given he was supposed to have changed a bit by the end of Pitch Black, but a bit too much for me.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• binster 30 Jun 2013 17:07:40 512 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The ABCs of Death

26 short films, alphabetically ordered by their sequential one word titles, about death. Some big hitter directors took part (him what did TimeCrimes and him what did Kill List for two).

It varies wildly on quality and tone, but there's gold to be found.

From 3/10 to 9/10
  • DUFFMAN5 30 Jun 2013 17:22:17 14,577 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    End of watch.
    Excellent film. Along with Training Day, one of the best and grittest cop dramas out there.
    90%

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• WoodenSpoon 30 Jun 2013 17:28:38 12,285 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    TarickStonefire wrote:

But now you mention it I'm having a recollection of some other film with really elaborate royalty or something, a real 'space opera' that was called Chronicles Of Riddick...

That's the one. I caught it by accident on ITV2 ages ago. It's all magic and spacemen in suits of armour - almost reminded me of a Final Fantasy game.

Just seems weird because Pitch Black seemed more like an Alien or a Blade Runner in tone.
  • TechnoHippy 30 Jun 2013 17:34:00 14,707 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tape 407

I'm a little bored of the lost footage format, but this isn't a bad one. Don't get me wrong it's far from great, but I found it reasonably entertaining. A plane crashes in an unknown location, the survivors then find themselves stalked by a mysterious beast.

It's paced fairly well and the tension builds nicely. As is common with many of these type of films you spend most of the time cursing them for their stupid behaviour. And screaming all the time when being hunted isn't a good survival tactic :-)

It was ok right up until the end, the final shot cheapened the whole thing with the monster reveal. It would have been a better film without it.

6/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Steve_Perry 30 Jun 2013 20:25:29 3,902 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    WoodenSpoon wrote:
    Pitch Black - 6/10
    The game? Or is there a film?

I thought it was just Pitch Black and a game about escaping Butcher Bay, which I assumed was meant to be a 'prequel' of sorts.

DAFUQ?

VIVA STEFANSEN

• beastmaster 30 Jun 2013 21:23:39 11,325 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Revenge of The Sith - 6/10

You know what? It took Lucas a while but he finally kind of got it right. It's still has some severe problems with the acting, plot and especially the dialogue, but I'm in a good mood so here's what I like about it.

1. Hayden Christensen certainly looked the part. He bulked up for Anakin this time around and his costume design, although not subtle, made him look badass. Just a shame he had to speak.

2. Palpatine as the Emperor. Once he changed into the Emperor he's just class. He was great even before then.

3. General Grievous. Another interesting, underused character. Bit of an easy kill though.

4. Order 66. The bit when the clones turn was a pretty powerful scene. Helped immensely by the John Williams score but it was really quite saddening. In fact, I though it was probably the best part of the film. Some of the worlds the action happened on looked amazing. Again, too short.

5. The light-sabre battle on Mustafar. Epic but it only got a bit silly when they started lava surfing. Really well put together and almost lives up to expectations.

I didn't think the way they linked the films together was that bad either.

The final scene on Tatooine with THAT music is also fucking brilliant.

I saw Sam Jackson on Graham Norton on Friday. He asked Abrams to put him in the new film. Fuck you Jackson! You were really shit in all of them.

Edit: It's probably the most violent 12A as well. When Anakin gets fucked up, it's pretty damn harsh.

It's very easy to tear Sith apart but personally, I think it's pretty good. The Force is reasonable in this one.

Edited by beastmaster at 21:30:14 30-06-2013

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• MatMan562 30 Jun 2013 22:38:47 2,410 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Revenge of the Sith is actually my favourite Star Wars film. I did watch them in the order of Episode 1 - Episode 6 though as I was born between 6 and 1, I was even young enough to like Jar Jar Binks when Phantom Menace first came out but I haven't watched that film in ages. I do wonder if I'd seen all the films at the cinema and in order of release if I would hate the prequel trilogy as most seem to but maybe it's for the best that I didn't.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• Deleted user 30 June 2013 23:00:00
    beastmaster wrote:
    Revenge of The Sith - 6/10

You know what? It took Lucas a while but he finally kind of got it right. It's still has some severe problems with the acting, plot and especially the dialogue, but I'm in a good mood so here's what I like about it.

1. Hayden Christensen certainly looked the part. He bulked up for Anakin this time around and his costume design, although not subtle, made him look badass. Just a shame he had to speak.

2. Palpatine as the Emperor. Once he changed into the Emperor he's just class. He was great even before then.

3. General Grievous. Another interesting, underused character. Bit of an easy kill though.

4. Order 66. The bit when the clones turn was a pretty powerful scene. Helped immensely by the John Williams score but it was really quite saddening. In fact, I though it was probably the best part of the film. Some of the worlds the action happened on looked amazing. Again, too short.

5. The light-sabre battle on Mustafar. Epic but it only got a bit silly when they started lava surfing. Really well put together and almost lives up to expectations.

I didn't think the way they linked the films together was that bad either.

The final scene on Tatooine with THAT music is also fucking brilliant.

I saw Sam Jackson on Graham Norton on Friday. He asked Abrams to put him in the new film. Fuck you Jackson! You were really shit in all of them.

Edit: It's probably the most violent 12A as well. When Anakin gets fucked up, it's pretty damn harsh.

It's very easy to tear Sith apart but personally, I think it's pretty good. The Force is reasonable in this one.
    Yeah it was by far the best of the new trilogy and a fine close on things. I agree that much of the acting is terrible and several other things but I enjoyed it loads. 8.
  • Gunzberg 30 Jun 2013 23:07:22 1,731 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    End of watch.
    Excellent film. Along with Training Day, one of the best and grittest cop dramas out there.
    90%
    Based on your recommendation, I finally watched this tonight.

Fully agree on the 9/10. Very close-up, very real, very compelling.

Definitely worth watching

Steam/PSN/XBL/Nintendo ID/Uplay/Origin: Gunzberg
    Blizzard Battletag: Gunzberg#2718

• Deleted user 30 June 2013 23:08:39
    Goodfella wrote:
    @TarickStonefire

Wow that's bad. I gather it's been like that in the US for years/decades, they just cut to an ad break at any inappropriate moment.

Surprised it took the UK so long to follow suit, as they do with all things American.

I don't watch TV any more so don't have to put up with that crap.
    It's been like that in the UK for 30 years +
  • Bremenacht 30 Jun 2013 23:20:46 17,787 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Revenge of the Sith is total, pungent excrement. All three prequels are sub-Transformers fare, with just the odd grain of brass amongst all the muck.

Brass moments:
    Samuel Jackson with a light sabre
    The first fight between Darth Maul and Liam-Gong Neeson
    Yoda fighting
    That's it.

Edited by Bremenacht at 23:21:07 30-06-2013

Edited by Bremenacht at 23:21:30 30-06-2013
  • Madder-Max 30 Jun 2013 23:25:00 11,641 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I thought sith was the best of the prequels but that's not saying much

99 problems and being ginger is one

• mikew1985 30 Jun 2013 23:25:53 12,656 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gunzberg wrote:
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    End of watch.
    90%
    Based on your recommendation, I finally watched this tonight.

Fully agree on the 9/10. Very close-up, very real, very compelling.

Definitely worth watching
    Thought the ending was complete cop out bullshit to be honest.
  • Page

of 2751 First / Last