Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2260

• Page

of 2588 First / Last

• LeoliansBro 28 Jun 2013 11:53:43 41,865 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Heh.

I like Heat for its sprawl and that it is a true ensemble cast. Collaterol didn't work for me at all, it seemed less a taut thriller and more an indulgence for Mann (loving LA at night) and Tom Cruise (loving Tom Cruise). Plus the overarching coincidence and 'hero gets the girl' bullshit tore the vraisemblance to pieces.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Deckard1 28 Jun 2013 12:03:19 25,414 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I had major issues with his hair.

Called it

• Tonka 28 Jun 2013 12:17:57 19,840 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Collaterlol

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Tonka 28 Jun 2013 12:20:04 19,840 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @mikeck I don't know. The trailer makes me think there's a good 50/50 chance of a somewhat happy ending to it.

There's the killer line in the trailer that goes something like
    "That guy you were up talking to all night in Vienna. That's still me."

I might let my wife watch it first... then see what she thought.

/is coward

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• mikeck 28 Jun 2013 12:24:55 1,837 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Tonka Ha, I might let you watch it first, then see what you think ;)
  • QotSAfan 28 Jun 2013 12:36:44 1,548 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    World War Z - Brought to you by Pepsi/10

Just your standard action fare but filled with enough unintentional comic moments to elevate it above other movies in the same vein.
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 28 Jun 2013 17:37:51 2,372 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    World War Z. - I thought this was supposed to be based on the Max Brooks novel/10

Shouldn't be allowed to say its based on the book coz its not. In any way. The only similarity is that it's got a character with the same name in it. I feel very cheated and angry.

Aside from that it's a fairly good movie. However, its one of those films that all falls apart if you think about it for any length of time.

And i dont care how scared you'd be, if your life depended on you being silent, theres no way you'd run into a steel cabinet with a crow bar.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• secombe 28 Jun 2013 22:14:21 1,326 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This is the End - 8/10

Tucked away on the smallest screen at our multiplex, doesn't seem to be getting any press in the UK. Deserves to be seen though, getting good reviews and fully deserved, completely mental and unlike anything I've seen (or could imagine), for once the trailer holds back 95% of the film.
  • Vortex808 28 Jun 2013 22:29:08 6,566 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Despicable Me 2.

T'was allright. I didn't like it as much as the first. Maybe a little minion overload, but it was entertaining enough.

Our son really liked it, despite being a little scared at some bits. He jumped a few inches off his seat at one point. :)

Nothing earth-shattering, but a decent enough kids film with a good few laughs along the way.

70%
  • Load_2.0 29 Jun 2013 14:05:42 18,201 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Die Harderererer.

A psychotic Father and Son bond while engaging in a violent rampage assaulting and murdering Russian citizens.

6/10
  • damagedinc 29 Jun 2013 14:36:43 629 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The "before" trilogy......just brilliant
  • speedofthepuma 29 Jun 2013 14:39:09 13,246 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have tried staring Die Harderer twice now, and I just can't bear to get beyond about 10 minutes in.

It's just unbearably bad.

I've turned off all the avatars and crap, so don't expect me to be impressed by yours.

• Krappers 29 Jun 2013 15:15:07 41 posts
    Seen 12 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Expendables 2:-

1/10
    God awful.
    Sorry that'll be 10% then.

Edited by Krappers at 15:16:15 29-06-2013
  • muttler 29 Jun 2013 15:26:32 3,771 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dredd

Bit late to the party, but Gruddamn it's good!  Bit low budget unfortunately, but more than saved by great direction and performances, and the judges not taking off their helmets. 

9/10
  • BinaryBob101 29 Jun 2013 15:57:26 21,966 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Strange question for a forum full of geeks.

There's thread for your second question in Social, I think. You should get ALL the answers to EVERYTHING in there.

http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/124122

Edited by BinaryBob101 at 15:59:30 29-06-2013

Goose fat is sponsored by:

Lens Flare

• Load_2.0 29 Jun 2013 16:01:06 18,201 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/124122?start=60

I enjoy it, but have only been middle of the day mon - fri.
  • vijay_UK 29 Jun 2013 16:43:15 1,672 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I really liked 'The Running Man' which was on Film4 last night. Although it could have been a real classic 80s movie, most of the film was done pretty well. The film struggles with the action when Arnie takes on the stalkers, but rest of the film is fine in terms of how American has become a totalitarian police state.

It's worth reading the book by Stephen King (under Richard Bachman), and a faithful representation of this book would have made the film an undoubted classic.

With Hollywood's preoccupation with re-making anything good or bad, this may be one case where it might be worth a punt.

Special mention goes to Richard Dawson who got to grips with his role as the host of the game show, a role now taken up in real life by Simon Cowell. And Jesse Ventura for his wig.

8/10.

Edited by vijay_UK at 16:44:02 29-06-2013

Edited by vijay_UK at 16:44:30 29-06-2013
  • Khanivor 29 Jun 2013 16:43:58 39,891 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Cliffhanger - 8/10

They really don't make them like this anymore.
  • Deleted user 29 June 2013 16:48:57
    vijay_UK wrote:
    Special mention goes to Richard Dawson who got to grips with his role as the host of the game show
    Didn't have much to get to grips with, he was an actual gameshow host long before The Running Man. But yeah, people should really check out the original book and see how different it could have been without the 80s cheese and happy ending.

Edited by meme at 16:50:21 29-06-2013
  • beastmaster 29 Jun 2013 16:51:50 10,179 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @EuroStalker

Not wrong going on your own at all. Attendances do go down (certainly in the UK) when the weather brightens up.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• vijay_UK 29 Jun 2013 16:55:47 1,672 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    meme wrote:
    vijay_UK wrote:
    Special mention goes to Richard Dawson who got to grips with his role as the host of the game show
    Didn't have much to get to grips with, he was an actual gameshow host long before The Running Man. But yeah, people should really check out the original book and see how different it could have been without the 80s cheese and happy ending.
    I didn't know he was an actual gameshow host - thanks for that.

He sadly passed away last year.
  • BinaryBob101 29 Jun 2013 16:56:54 21,966 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @beastmaster

Really? You'd have thought that blockbuster season would be the busiest time of the year. Obvious thing is obvious, surely.

Edited by BinaryBob101 at 16:57:31 29-06-2013

Goose fat is sponsored by:

Lens Flare

• beastmaster 29 Jun 2013 17:05:55 10,179 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Distributors hate the good weather in the UK. A lot of opening weekend poor performances have been blamed on the weather. They have been shit films as well though.

It's the UK. You get a few good weeks here a year so hardly anyone goes. It's different for late performances depending on the film but weekend daytime performances are virtually empty.

One of my best friends worked at Cineworld and said this was pretty much the case.

Edited by beastmaster at 17:06:35 29-06-2013

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Deleted user 29 June 2013 17:07:56
    Over here, good weather means higher cinema attendances as people escape the heat for a few hours. Think it's supposed to hit 38 today.
  • kentmonkey 29 Jun 2013 18:13:53 20,078 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Hobbit

Nasty Martin Freeman. Plays Bagginses he does. Not very well he does. He's just Martin Freemans all the way through he is.

Lots of dwarves and hobbits runs around they does. Gay Gandalf walks around on stiltses he does. Tall wizard. Yesssss.

Lots of battles there is. Nobody dies though. Nasty dwarves and hobbitses. Dies they should, dies. At least ones or twos of them, just for us. Even a cuts would have dones for us. Yes, nasty cuts yes. Not a hair out of place though. Stupid dwarves and hobbitses.

Best bit of film is when we appear. Yessss. We make the film we does. Yessss. Nothing else happenses no. Lots of scene setting for next filmses. Lots of battles, none of them matters though does it. No.

4ses out of 10ses.
  • chasejamie 29 Jun 2013 18:21:31 805 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Distributors hate the good weather in the UK. A lot of opening weekend poor performances have been blamed on the weather. They have been shit films as well though.

It's the UK. You get a few good weeks here a year so hardly anyone goes. It's different for late performances depending on the film but weekend daytime performances are virtually empty.

One of my best friends worked at Cineworld and said this was pretty much the case.
    I have the misfortune of working at Cineworld and this is generally the case. Rain drives people in, and as soon as the sun is out the cinema ends up trying to send people home because of the lack of customers.
  • Madder-Max 29 Jun 2013 18:50:04 11,568 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    The Hobbit

Nasty Martin Freeman. Plays Bagginses he does. Not very well he does. He's just Martin Freemans all the way through he is.

Lots of dwarves and hobbits runs around they does. Gay Gandalf walks around on stiltses he does. Tall wizard. Yesssss.

Lots of battles there is. Nobody dies though. Nasty dwarves and hobbitses. Dies they should, dies. At least ones or twos of them, just for us. Even a cuts would have dones for us. Yes, nasty cuts yes. Not a hair out of place though. Stupid dwarves and hobbitses.

Best bit of film is when we appear. Yessss. We make the film we does. Yessss. Nothing else happenses no. Lots of scene setting for next filmses. Lots of battles, none of them matters though does it. No.

4ses out of 10ses.
    That could apply to any lotr film. Awesome review

99 problems and being ginger is one

• TarickStonefire 29 Jun 2013 19:39:41 2,644 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    secombe wrote:
    This is the End - 8/10

Tucked away on the smallest screen at our multiplex, doesn't seem to be getting any press in the UK. Deserves to be seen though, getting good reviews and fully deserved, completely mental and unlike anything I've seen (or could imagine), for once the trailer holds back 95% of the film.
    That's the thing with those guys that do those movies are all in, right? Rogen and everyone?

If I got bored in Pineapple Express really quickly, but like the idea of a *good* stoner comedy that isn't just all about being stoned, will I like this?

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• TarickStonefire 29 Jun 2013 19:41:30 2,644 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    The Hobbit

4ses out of 10ses.
    Brilliance :D

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• Page

of 2588 First / Last