Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2258

  • Page

    of 2588 First / Last

  • Gambit1977 26 Jun 2013 14:29:38 9,563 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Tonka Ah, cool.
  • Deleted user 26 June 2013 14:55:32
    nickthegun wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Huh? What's that got to do with anything? I actually liked the DOTD movie, and that was written by James Gunn.
    Its a good point. DOTD is one of his better movies and it was written by James Gunn who is, basically, awesome.

    Coincidence? I think not.
    Weird coincidence that James Gunn comes up because last night i watched:

    Super -

    I enjoyed the hell out of this. It took the Kick Ass approach of "real" superheroes and made it even darker. The cast was great and it struck the right balance between comedy and touching bits. I have a huge crush on Ellen Page as well so that helped until she gets half her head blown off.

    I'm not ashamed to admit i teared up at the very end.

    9/10
  • simsini 26 Jun 2013 15:00:13 296 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The Internship - 7/10

    A solid, above average comedy, with some laugh out loud scenes, especially when they go clubbing. Typical performances from Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson, so if you like Weddning Crashers etc you will like this. Everyone in the cinema seemed to enjoy it as well.

    Edited by simsini at 15:02:22 26-06-2013
  • vijay_UK 26 Jun 2013 16:44:33 1,672 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bought the 'Miami Vice Unrated Director's Cut' recently (R1 blu ray, only from the US I think, not available in the UK [correct me if I'm wrong]).

    Huge fan of this film, extremely under-rated because most saw the cinematic version or just wanted to see Heat part 2 which this film most definitely is not.

    Good performances, but mostly well directed with some great locations. Great tension building that leads to the end.

    Terrific crime thriller, give it another go if you didn't like it before - but it has to be the Unrated Director's Cut.

    10/10
  • Gartt 27 Jun 2013 01:58:09 1,688 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Stoker 9/10 - Gripping and exceptionally well shot. Love Park Chan-wook films, made me feel kind of old realising that Oldboy was made ten years ago.

    Maniac 7/10 - took me by surprise this one, it's a really grim and nasty film but I really liked its first person gimmick and the soundtrack elevated it. It is pretty scary how well Elijah Wood does psychotic.
  • Mola_Ram 27 Jun 2013 02:07:18 6,242 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It's no stretch for Elijah. He already looks like a serial killer.
  • craigy Senior UI Designer, Gamer Network 27 Jun 2013 09:36:16 7,386 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @vijay_UK is that the mythical 3-hour cut with the extended underground speedboat racing segment?
  • craigy Senior UI Designer, Gamer Network 27 Jun 2013 09:37:27 7,386 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    For a birthday treat to myself last night I hired out a cinema, invited all my friends, and we watched...

    Scream.

    It was ace. It's one of my all-time favourites. It's a 10/10.
  • TheSaint 27 Jun 2013 09:43:48 13,629 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nice idea, how did that work? Could you choose anything or was it from a set list?
  • Jacksie66 27 Jun 2013 09:45:40 572 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    vijay_UK wrote:
    Bought the 'Miami Vice Unrated Director's Cut' recently (R1 blu ray, only from the US I think, not available in the UK [correct me if I'm wrong]).

    Huge fan of this film, extremely under-rated because most saw the cinematic version or just wanted to see Heat part 2 which this film most definitely is not.

    Good performances, but mostly well directed with some great locations. Great tension building that leads to the end.

    Terrific crime thriller, give it another go if you didn't like it before - but it has to be the Unrated Director's Cut.

    10/10
    One if the very few films I turned off mid way because it was so bad.
  • Load_2.0 27 Jun 2013 09:47:41 18,201 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I couldn't fill a theatre, I would be lucky to fill a lounge.
  • vijay_UK 27 Jun 2013 10:06:53 1,672 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    craigy wrote:
    @vijay_UK is that the mythical 3-hour cut with the extended underground speedboat racing segment?
    I get your point about the extended speedboat scene as perhaps unnecessary; but it does flesh out the opening scenes the cinematic version does not do and makes it quite hard to understand what is going on. Also the dialogue seems to have been cleared up a bit, one of the criticism of the cinema version was that it was hard to understand what was being said.

    The Director's Cut doesn't add chunks of material throughout, it just adds certain scenes that help the movie. Imo it's one of those movies that works best sitting at home than at the cinema.
  • mrpon 27 Jun 2013 10:08:08 27,645 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    Nice idea, how did that work? Could you choose anything or was it from a set list?
    No, they were actually his real friends!

    Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

  • Phattso Moderator 27 Jun 2013 10:22:11 12,723 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I... I guess all our invites were lost in the post then, craigy?

    *sniff*
  • craigy Senior UI Designer, Gamer Network 27 Jun 2013 10:40:09 7,386 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @vijay_UK I haven't seen the 3-hour version myself -- but funnily enough was chatting to someone yesterday who's all-time favorite movie is Miami Vice who mentioned there were lots of speedboat shenanigans in the directors cut.

    There's supposed to be a fan-cut out there somewhere which boils the movie down to an hour and a half, which is apparently very entertaining!
  • vijay_UK 27 Jun 2013 10:58:04 1,672 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    craigy wrote:
    @vijay_UK I haven't seen the 3-hour version myself -- but funnily enough was chatting to someone yesterday who's all-time favorite movie is Miami Vice who mentioned there were lots of speedboat shenanigans in the directors cut.

    There's supposed to be a fan-cut out there somewhere which boils the movie down to an hour and a half, which is apparently very entertaining!
    It hurts me to hear that, an hour and a half!

    I am certain people wanted Miami Vice to be the unofficial sequel to Heat, which was never likely.

    One of the great things about movies is that there will always be those who will enjoy a film and those who will hate the exact same film. I friend of mine absolutely detests Heat, but a lot of people like it. Such is life :)
  • Tonka 27 Jun 2013 11:33:30 19,840 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I love "A Knight's Tale"

    Most people seem to hate it.

    If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

  • kalel 27 Jun 2013 11:35:04 83,875 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I quite liked Miami Vice, but it might help that I generally don't like Mann and think Heat is one of the most overrated movies ever.

    Thought MV was pretty good fun.
  • mrpon 27 Jun 2013 11:37:56 27,645 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fun fact: I can play the opening bar to the MV theme tune on my daughters Peppa Pig piano.

    Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

  • kentmonkey 27 Jun 2013 11:44:10 20,078 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    I love "A Knight's Tale"

    Most people seem to hate it.
    I enjoy it too. And I'm prepared to give any haters a right good thronging.
  • nickthegun 27 Jun 2013 11:48:26 55,866 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Heat is one of the most overrated movies ever.
    Thank fuck for that. I really thought I was the only person who didnt really care for it.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • Load_2.0 27 Jun 2013 11:48:53 18,201 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Fun fact: I can play the opening bar to the MV theme tune on my daughters Peppa Pig piano.
    Next learn Crocketts theme, you can be the Jan Hammer of Peppa Pig Piano.
  • Alastair 27 Jun 2013 11:49:26 14,953 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Fun fact: I can play the opening bar to the MV theme tune on my daughters Peppa Pig piano.
    Impressive.
    How come you can't manage the second bar?

    Not as nice as I used to be

  • Load_2.0 27 Jun 2013 11:51:31 18,201 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Heat is awesome and MV is good.

    Not sure they got the casting right. Farrell and Foxx come across as cocks.
  • nickthegun 27 Jun 2013 11:52:40 55,866 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think thats kind of the point, unless I really did totally mis-understand it.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • kalel 27 Jun 2013 11:54:32 83,875 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, I thought that was the point.
  • craigy Senior UI Designer, Gamer Network 27 Jun 2013 11:55:10 7,386 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Heat gets over-praised because of the DeNiro/Pacino pairing, innit. Don't get me started on the magazine.
  • Dougs 27 Jun 2013 11:58:52 64,910 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Heat is one of the most overrated movies ever.
    Thank fuck for that. I really thought I was the only person who didnt really care for it.
    Add me to the list too. Dull as fuck, and I really didn't get the praise for the shoot-out. It's OK but there are far better films in the same genre out there imo
  • kalel 27 Jun 2013 12:00:19 83,875 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    craigy wrote:
    Heat gets over-praised because of the DeNiro/Pacino pairing, innit.
    "That scene" is definitely the highlight of the film, by a significant distance.

    For me it suffered with its timing as well. It came out quite soon after Pulp Fiction, and after that Heat just felt really stodgy and sluggish to me.
  • Deckard1 27 Jun 2013 12:04:55 25,414 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Heats one of those films I know I should be enjoying while I'm watching it, but I never really do. The Town done a similar kind of thing much better recently.

    Called it

  • Page

    of 2588 First / Last

Log in or register to reply