Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2256

• Page

of 2699 First / Last

• TarickStonefire 25 Jun 2013 18:56:33 2,888 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @CybaRJ
    Too many goddam Jesus Christ references [in Man Of Steel].
    I was told about the 33 years thing before I went so I don't know if I'd have spotted that myself - but what else? Am curious, I'm sure it's there, just didn't catch it.

I did notice the empty cryo chamber in the Scout Ship though. Lots of corpses, one empty chamber. Supergirl? Or just some other boring bad guy setup for a sequel?

Also I don't get why we see Superman's future ultimate permadeath at the end. Kind of makes any sequels a bit pointless eh?

Edited by TarickStonefire at 19:14:47 25-06-2013

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• CosmicFuzz 25 Jun 2013 19:02:21 23,084 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Spoilers!

Is anyone else getting a bit bored with remastered games? Read my thoughts!

• TarickStonefire 25 Jun 2013 19:06:40 2,888 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Spoilers!
    Sorry, sorry :(

Fixed now. Well, mostly.

Edited by TarickStonefire at 19:15:24 25-06-2013

• DFawkes 25 Jun 2013 19:12:53 22,581 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's a surprisingly gruesome death too.

I haven't seen it :p

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• TarickStonefire 25 Jun 2013 19:13:36 2,888 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    It's a surprisingly gruesome death too.

I haven't seen it :p
    In the fucking eye. Ooof.

Edited by TarickStonefire at 19:13:50 25-06-2013

• sirtacos 25 Jun 2013 19:19:24 7,267 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    SUPERMAN DIES?

O_O

Nice use of spoilers there Tarick.

Edited by sirtacos at 19:23:56 25-06-2013
  • TechnoHippy 25 Jun 2013 19:52:40 14,698 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Meet Joe Black

I enjoyed this, it's a long film, but it never felt like it was dragging. The story is a nice premise, Death (played by Brad Pitt) makes a deal with a successful businessman (Anthony Hopkins) to experience life in return for giving more life.

A simple idea and watching Pitt act as the innocent newcomer is entertaining. Hopkins puts in his usual good performance as well, in fact it was great watching the two in action. Watching Pitt speak in patois was also worth watching :-)

In essence it's a love story and a well told one at that.

7/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• irrelevanthuman 26 Jun 2013 00:07:11 315 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Superman Returns

After Man of Steel this feels like a masterclass in narrative coherence and pacing. Routh was solid in the roll and a slightly more souped-up sequel could have played well, and when I say souped-up I don't mean detonating anything that appears on the screen (Snyder you hack).

I know it's much maligned and I'm in the minority but my appreciation of Returns has grown.

7/10

Edited by irrelevanthuman at 00:08:14 26-06-2013
  • B0rked_Gamer 26 Jun 2013 00:12:05 2,481 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Returns is great if you view it as a fantasy romance movie featuring Superman. Brandon Routh is beyond gorgeous as Superman. :)
  • Mola_Ram 26 Jun 2013 01:53:06 6,937 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    World War Z - 67%

Once I got over it basically having no relation to the book whatsoever, and looked at it as a stand-alone product... eh. It was an alright disaster movie, basically 2012 if you replaced the tidal waves in that with waves of zombies.
    Yeah that's what I'm afraid of. I've never read the book so that won't be able to distract me (although I've heard about it and it sounds bloody brilliant as an idea and execution) but things like 2012 bore the shit out of me and if this is just a zombiefied version of those kinds of things with ONE MAN rushing to SAVE THE WORLD because ONLY HE CAN then blahhhhhh.
    It's not quite as tongue-in-cheek and silly as 2012, which I did enjoy for its ott spectacle if nothing else.

But it is similar in that it's really just a whistle stop tour between safe places that very quickly become unsafe, accompanied with a lot of running away from things. As far as those sorts of movies go, this one is pretty good. It's quite spectacular.

Read the book, though. It's great.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 01:58:56 26-06-2013
  • mrpon 26 Jun 2013 08:26:57 28,411 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    In Her Skin Netflix US

A rather disturbing true story based on the disappearance of an Australian girl. Guy Pearce meanders along, Sam Neill looks pensive and the main girl does a fine line in mental.

As for the title, it isn't literal.

6/10

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• Megapocalypse 26 Jun 2013 08:31:31 5,307 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hansel and Grettal: Witch Hunters - 7/10

Silly entertaining fun.
  • Deckard1 26 Jun 2013 09:00:07 27,049 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dark Skies

Pretty good alien abduction film with a kind of shit ending.

7/10

Edited by Deckard1 at 09:00:29 26-06-2013
  • mcmonkeyplc 26 Jun 2013 09:16:38 39,384 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Resident Evil: Retribution

Series is getting shit fast but still retaining some good entertainment value.

5/10 only because of the last 5 minutes otherwise 4.

Ironically the last scene seems to set up a finale that could very well be more World War Z like than the actual film with the same name.

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Deckard1 26 Jun 2013 09:18:28 27,049 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Getting shit fast? Do you mean 4 seconds into the first one?
  • nickthegun 26 Jun 2013 09:21:34 58,782 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Every resident evil sets us up the apocalypse. The end of every fucking movie shows hoards of zombies shuffling somewhere.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• beastmaster 26 Jun 2013 09:26:14 11,144 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There was even a Resident Evil film with it in the title.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• nickthegun 26 Jun 2013 09:36:18 58,782 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They dont have titles other than 'that one in the city with the wheelchair guy' and 'that one where she makes fire come out of her head'

He totally called it

• spindle9988 26 Jun 2013 09:37:58 3,486 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    silent hill revelations 3/10

The only thing I enjoyed about this were some of the effects. The characters and dialogue are just horrible. I didnt mind the 1st one, and even though this one tries to stay closer to the games it just doesnt work

on us netflix
  • nickthegun 26 Jun 2013 09:47:27 58,782 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, the effects and set design are pretty good but everything else is awful, especially Jon Snow off Game of Thrones, who is just terrible.

He totally called it

• spindle9988 26 Jun 2013 09:51:48 3,486 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    He was so shit in this. Also for people who havent played the game that try to watch this: Good luck
  • mcmonkeyplc 26 Jun 2013 10:00:36 39,384 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Every resident evil sets us up the apocalypse. The end of every fucking movie shows hoards of zombies shuffling somewhere.
    Nope, this one and maybe the second one are the only ones that show that and Weskereven says this is the last stand. So it must be true!

Edited by mcmonkeyplc at 10:00:57 26-06-2013

Come and get it cumslingers!

• nickthegun 26 Jun 2013 10:02:45 58,782 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The fucks that i give must be measured by an electron microscope.

He totally called it

• bad09 26 Jun 2013 11:08:38 5,623 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Couple of rewatches.

Se7en

I was flicking channels while downloading a game and stayed on Se7en while I waited and ended up watching the whole thing. A film so amazing it only gets better with repeated viewing. Such a dark, tense and wonderfully experience I really can't think of a film that has ever made me feel so unnerved and uncomfortable as Se7en does, it just doesn't let you go. Even on a repeated viewing I still run cold at the end and left sitting there thinking "shit that was fucked up".

I still love that Spacey requested he be dropped from the opening credits, not many would do that for the good of the film (although it ties with what I've been told by an old flatmate of his that he really is a brilliantly nice bloke who cares about the art more than his career status).

Brilliant plot, characters, performances, direction, cinematography. Can't really fault it as a film myself therefore I can't fault my score.

100%

Godzilla

Watched this on Netflix for a giggle I know it gets stick but I always liked it (I find it difficult not to like big smashy monsters). Some nice moments and set pieces with a completely silly and juvenile plot that really falls apart once the big scaly one is a mummy. A lot of the FX are ageing amazingly terribly to which is surprising as this was a real looker to my memory and Matthew Broderick is still terrible in it. Still enjoyable brainless monster nonsense even if it has aged badly.

60%

Edited by bad09 at 11:09:18 26-06-2013
  • Deleted user 26 June 2013 11:27:11
    nickthegun wrote:
    Yeah, the effects and set design are pretty good but everything else is awful, especially Jon Snow off Game of Thrones, who is just terrible.
    He is a pretty bad actor. He just looks a bit glum, pouts and has nice hair. Those are his qualifications to be in films/on TV.
  • binster 26 Jun 2013 13:06:17 506 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Silent Hill Revelations

Utterly without merit.

0/10

(although I did laugh at the movie a lot, but still)
  • TarickStonefire 26 Jun 2013 13:17:41 2,888 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    irrelevanthuman wrote:
    Superman Returns

After Man of Steel this feels like a masterclass in narrative coherence and pacing. Routh was solid in the roll and a slightly more souped-up sequel could have played well, and when I say souped-up I don't mean detonating anything that appears on the screen (Snyder you hack).

I know it's much maligned and I'm in the minority but my appreciation of Returns has grown.

7/10
    I actually think the existence of this movie makes Man Of Steel slightly easier to appreciate, as I thought this was a lazy, pandering, overly-emotional, hammed up load of old bobbins as I left the cinema at the time.

It also rips off the first two Superman movies, and never really has a reason to exist in and of itself, failing to convince with it's "Superman has been away for a while" intro. They should have just 'rebooted' like Man Of Steel does.

But it does at least have some semblance of a story to tell, which Man Of Steel fails to pull off with as much confidence, treating us to essentially the first half of the original Superman movie and then a big fight that lasts forever, and not much else.

I still prefer Man Of Steel though.

Edited by TarickStonefire at 13:19:08 26-06-2013

• TarickStonefire 26 Jun 2013 13:20:33 2,888 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    B0rked_Gamer wrote:
    Returns is [...] a fantasy romance movie featuring Superman.
    This. B0rked feels that's "great" whereas I feel that's "shit", but each to their own :D

Brandon Routh is beyond gorgeous as Superman. :)
    Meh. He's alright. Far too wet.

Edited by TarickStonefire at 13:21:23 26-06-2013

• Kay 26 Jun 2013 13:21:23 17,756 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think they're both as bad as each other tbh, but in different ways.
  • kalel 26 Jun 2013 13:24:54 86,240 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    I think they're both as bad as each other tbh, but in different ways.
    Yeah, basically this.

Although on the flip side of that, they both get a reasonable amount right as well, but it's negated by what they get wrong.

They're both 5s imo.
  • Page

of 2699 First / Last