Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2221

• Page

of 2749 First / Last

• Deleted user 6 May 2013 23:40:09
    Savages (2012) 6/10

For some reason I went into this expecting something good. Directed by Oliver Stone, and stars among the stars, Benicia Del Toro, who I like and does a good job, all be it sporting a dodgy hair do. Itís all a bit plastic, and the whole riches from drugs thing at the start reminded me of another film that I canít remember the name of right now. The film isnít really about that, itís more about the Mexicanís moving in and making life less cosy, and thereís a girl to save too. While the film looks good, in a colourful way, it takes until 1hr and 10mins for the action to become interesting, only for the story to turn silly again by the 1hr and 30mins mark. Itís not crap, but itís not all that either.

Edited by blacksea at 23:41:24 06-05-2013
  • bladdard 6 May 2013 23:51:44 924 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Chernobyl Diaries.
    90minutesIwontgetback/10
  • Chopsen 6 May 2013 23:53:43 15,848 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd go as far as to call Savages crap. I actually stopped watching it halfway through. Life's too short.
  • tobymesson 7 May 2013 00:02:09 15 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The place beyond the pines

Dissapointing 6/10
  • StarchildHypocrethes 7 May 2013 01:00:11 25,565 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Avengers Assemble - 8/10

The first half hour was mind-numbingly dull. However, what followed that was pretty much the perfect example of what a comic book movie should be.

P.S. The Hulk was awesome.
  • damagedinc 7 May 2013 07:10:41 721 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Dgzter wrote:
    Cloud Atlas - 9/10
    I went into this knowing that it had massively polarized critics, that it was very long (3 hours) and that it had numerous separate plotlines (style/setting/period). I'd love to know what others thought, and I imagine it will have drawn a lot of criticism along the lines of being overly convoluted, new-agey, post-modern wank (etc.) but for what it is worth I absolutely loved it.

It really worked for me. I felt invested in all of the intertwining narratives, I enjoyed the ensemble cast and performances, and it is truly beautiful to watch. I'd definitely recommend it, but perhaps best watched when you have quite a bit of free time one evening (and possible a bottle of vino).
    Really enjoyed it aswell. Great score and some of the best editing i have ever seen.
  • sirtacos 7 May 2013 07:59:59 7,273 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Is Warm Bodies decent?

Getting dragged to it tonight, so I just looked it up - the reviews are good, but the trailer makes it look like the bastard child of Zombieland and Twilight.

I can imagine the pitch: "so it's a romantic comedy, right, starring an awkward, quiet protagonist that our teen-to-early-30s male demographic can relate to. He wants to get the girl, but... wait for it... he's a ZOMBIE!"

At least it has John Malkovich.
  • captainrentboy 7 May 2013 09:00:39 977 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @sirtacos It was alright, some of the reviews I'd read hyped it up a bit too much, there aren't loads of huge laughs or anything, the story and cast are good though.
    It's nowhere near as offensive as shite like Twilight!
  • mikeck 7 May 2013 09:12:20 1,932 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't want to watch Warm Bodies, the trailer makes it look like a bloody light-hearted zombie film aimed at teens, and the book was so much more.

I mean, it could just be a bad trailer, but I really don't want to see it ruin what was a fantastic book.
  • sirtacos 7 May 2013 13:59:51 7,273 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The trailer is better than the film.

Warm Bodies

How did this get such high ratings? Both the imdb and Rotten Tomatoes scores are insane. Was everyone high on crack? Did the producers shower all the critics with high-class hookers and free cocaine?

I wish Roger Ebert could come back as a zombie just to tear this piece of shit film apart.

Forgive my hyperbolic tone, but 'Warm Bodies' deserves the vitriol. It's offensively bland. It's totally pointless and utterly derivative. Twilight had more artistic merit than this.

The acting is decent and the soundtrack is good, but given the saggy script, dull pacing (etc.), it doesn't matter.

In summary: stupid, lazy, trite, and none of it makes any sense.

4/10

Edited by sirtacos at 14:28:23 07-05-2013
  • Mola_Ram 7 May 2013 14:05:17 7,214 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Iron Man 3

A bit of an all-over-the-place mess, really. But an enjoyable mess nonetheless. And quite a bit better than the second one.

7.5/10
  • beastmaster 7 May 2013 14:06:09 11,316 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Next up for sirtacos - Beautiful Creatures :-)

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• sirtacos 7 May 2013 14:25:14 7,273 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hahahah. Just looked at the IMDB page for that. They had me at "young adult novel" :)

Edited by sirtacos at 14:25:41 07-05-2013
  • Razz 7 May 2013 14:28:16 61,037 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    Wall-E

An excellent film that is a cautionary tale about a young man who's doing ok and how meeting a woman ruins his life.

Wall-E's character is well realised and the first part of the film is simply superb. After that it's merely ok, but does have a few smile moments.

8/10
    :D Brilliant!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• Deleted user 7 May 2013 14:28:31
    sirtacos wrote:
    I wish Roger Ebert could come back as a zombie just to tear this piece of shit film apart.
    Sorry
  • L_Franko Moderator 7 May 2013 14:31:06 9,694 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Looper - 6/10

It was ok but wasn't overly keen on the main characters.
  • Mola_Ram 7 May 2013 14:32:25 7,214 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    meme wrote:
    sirtacos wrote:
    Sorry
    Ebert didn't write that.
  • beastmaster 7 May 2013 14:34:09 11,316 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    meme wrote:
    sirtacos wrote:
    Sorry
    Review not by him. It's by someone called Richard Roeper. Phew!

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Deleted user 7 May 2013 14:36:48
    It's close enough. I doubt Ebert would have disliked it, anyway.
  • sirtacos 7 May 2013 14:47:22 7,273 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    meme wrote:
    sirtacos wrote:
    Sorry
    Review not by him. It's by someone called Richard Roeper. Phew!
    That review makes me angry. The only clever thing about this movie is the premise, which is never capitalised upon in any way. "Lol I'm a zombie it's funny because it's like society geddit? We're all consumers and-" fuck off.

The joke is worth a few minutes at most*. Not an entire feature-length.

*(Disregarding the fact that Romero came up with the joke half a century ago. It's not worth anything now. The metaphor's dead. Stop picking over the regurgitated remains.)

I never say this about movies because I realise how ridiculous such statements sound, but there is no way a sane, intelligent person - let alone someone who reviews films for a living - could honestly qualify Warm Bodies as clever, funny or worthwhile without being completely disingenuous.

Edited by sirtacos at 14:51:27 07-05-2013
  • nickthegun 7 May 2013 14:48:27 59,420 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Whats the best film you have watched recently?

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Deleted user 7 May 2013 14:51:40
    Me or sirtacos?
  • sirtacos 7 May 2013 14:54:16 7,273 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    me or meme?

Edited by sirtacos at 14:54:38 07-05-2013
  • Deckard1 7 May 2013 14:57:07 27,675 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    He meant me I think. Maid in Manhattan.

Hush you ponce

• nickthegun 7 May 2013 14:57:11 59,420 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sir Tacos

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• sirtacos 7 May 2013 15:04:11 7,273 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @nickthegun The Incredibles.
  • Trowel 7 May 2013 20:11:38 17,589 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Hill - 7/10

Brutal psychological drama set in a British Army training camp in North Africa. The titular hill acts as a grueling metaphor against the slow breakdown of discipline and chain of command. Sean Connery is at his youthful best, wearing down all around him with his ill discipline, but the climax is as shocking as it is confounding.
  • Ultrasoundwave 7 May 2013 20:47:23 3,280 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Jack Reacher

Very good film - it has an absolutely brutal opening scene and the story ticks along at an excellent pace. Cruise seems to be his usual self, i havent read the books so i'm not going to go into a big thing about how he "looks nothing like i imagined him!".

Good acting, good direction and a good script. Very enjoyable.

7/10

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Steve_Perry 7 May 2013 20:51:20 3,872 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    Looper - 6/10

It was ok but wasn't overly keen on the main characters.
    Conclusion doesn't get near the promise of the films premise. Runs itself into a corner and can't get back out.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• Flying_Pig 7 May 2013 21:11:03 10,878 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    2 films this weekend

Most Exotic Marigold Hotel Mrs F_P's choice and I expected it to be shite, with a load of old actors doddering around. But it actually had a pretty decent story, with the guy from Slumdog Millionaire acting his nuts off and providing a bit of light relief for some of the darker moments.

Waaaaaayyyyy better than I was expecting/10

Real Steel My choice, albeit with moderate expectations. Essentially, Rocky but with boxing robots and Hugh Jackman. Pretty decent.

Aaaaaddddrrriiiiaaannnn/10
  • Page

of 2749 First / Last