Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2215

• Page

of 2838 First / Last

• Tonka 30 Apr 2013 21:00:49 21,098 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I quite like the option of watching a film in two sittings. I wish I had the time and stamina not to but getting up at quarter to six in the mornings and being busy until eight or nine leaves me with little choice.

There are a bunch of films I'd love to see but that I have realised I can't due to me not wanting to break them up.

The result is me watching a bunch of block busters in two or three sittings.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• BinaryBob101 30 Apr 2013 21:10:25 24,031 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    MrsBob thinks TOOTR is trolling us, innit.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• mrpon 30 Apr 2013 21:35:20 29,388 posts
    Seen 2 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    Dougs wrote:
    Always one sitting but that becomes increasingly harder when you have kids. Drives me mad to stop films halfway through, so invariably we don't even start one if the missus owns up and says she won't make the end.
    I had literally never not watched a film all the way through and finished 95% of them in one sitting... until I met my missus.

Now almost every film is over at least two sessions, most three or four, and about 1/10 films is abandoned at some point. Case in point: we tried to watch Serpico recently, took us 5 sessions and we gave up with about half an hour still to go. Not even got kids yet :/
    Alright, don't brag...

Give yourself £5 or Ĺ gig, you're worth it.

• Blakester 1 May 2013 11:15:53 3,648 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I watched the Hobbit in three sittings and still loved it...

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• nickthegun 1 May 2013 11:22:33 60,951 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ive yet to watch the hobbit at home because I just cant find a three hour window to watch it with the Mrs. As soon as it hits 10pm she turns into a grumpy ratbag and theres no chance of getting the little one down and doing all the usual evening reset by 8pm.

I refuse to watch things in two sittings, so we are at a bit of a stalemate.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Deleted user 1 May 2013 11:53:17
    I can't do two sittings. If I have to break a film over a few nights then I normally never get round to watching the rest.

Me and the Mrs only watch about 1 film together every 2 months or so (we hardly see each other as it is due to juggling work and the little man) so it's a bit of an event when it happens.

They do pretty much have to be 80 or 90 minute jobs though or she falls asleep.
  • craigy Staff 1 May 2013 11:56:43 7,767 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    All films watched at home now come with a mandatory half-way-through tea-break and natter. We're bringing back the intermission!
  • Madder-Max 1 May 2013 11:59:13 11,676 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Killing them softly - 9/10

Loved this. Fantastic cast (tony soprano is in it with some amazing scripting) great script, good tight straightforward story and I loved the potitical socuio economic backdrop that its played out against. Very 'nu depression era'. Great film

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Madder-Max 1 May 2013 12:00:58 11,676 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tin tin - 8/10 very good. Great story and kids were hooked all the way through. Great film

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Dougs 1 May 2013 12:01:25 69,001 posts
    Seen 53 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    craigy wrote:
    All films watched at home now come with a mandatory half-way-through tea-break and natter. We're bringing back the intermission!
    Christ, ours have at least 4 or 5 mini-breaks, for toilet/wine/tea breaks, plus any checking on the kids if needed. I can cope with those though. One of the reasons I don't drink before the cinema, my weak bladder can't cope.
  • nickthegun 1 May 2013 12:05:10 60,951 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    haha! The fat people on my row on saturday were annoyed with me.

Had a few pints before Iron Man 3 and squeezed past them on the way in, then squeezed back when I went for a slash in the middle of the star trek trailer, then again about half way through the film.

I could just feel their eyes rolling.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• disusedgenius 1 May 2013 12:07:51 5,510 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh god yeah. If I've had any alcohol whatsoever then a aisle seat is nigh-on mandatory.
  • Mola_Ram 1 May 2013 12:08:43 7,934 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It's why I always get an aisle seat in the cinema when I can. And on planes. Makes for an easy exit for a one-eyed goanna strangling.
  • beastmaster 1 May 2013 12:08:49 11,785 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Can't imagine seeing any film in more than one sitting. But circumstances change.

Sat in Cineworld waiting for Olympus Has Fallen to start. It was either that or The Look Of Love. Want to watch an action film now though.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Deckard1 1 May 2013 12:11:02 29,094 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm sure you'll always be able to watch films in one sitting

Fish fingers and chips pretty straight forward.

• BinaryBob101 1 May 2013 17:00:49 24,031 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    craigy wrote:
    Now you're talking!

An Intermission can be a stately, social, gentlemanly thing of wonder.

www.TheGrumpyVaper.com

• beastmaster 1 May 2013 17:18:46 11,785 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Olympus Has Fallen - 6/10

Utterly preposterous and all the better for it. It's Die Hard in the White House with Independence Day type gun go-ho jingoism.

Aaron Eckhart's chin steals the show.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Deleted user 1 May 2013 18:09:38
    6/10 and not amazing? Guessing it's pretty shit then.
  • LionheartDJH 1 May 2013 18:53:13 19,513 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Training Day - 7/10

Thought this was a film of two halves, the first half was great, the second not as good. Alonzo is obviously the standout character, Denzel on top form, and the first half of the film where he's showing Ethan Hawke the ropes is really good. Just seems to lose its edge a bit once Alonzo's character development is over with and Hawke learns the truth and goes down the payback route.

Alonzo's dialogue is fantastic throughout though, favourite line was when he's talking to Snoop Dogg: "Oh, you're federally fucked now. You got crack... and a gun. You know with your record you can get 10 years per bullet?"

She dives for cheese pasties

• khaz 1 May 2013 18:58:50 2,824 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Denzel Washington rivals Robert Downey Jr. as my ultimate man crush.
  • Deleted user 1 May 2013 20:37:08
    The Master (2012) 9/10

Philip Seymour is excellent, as Joaquin Phoenix (who Iíve never heard of before, but has been in Gladiator, and 8MM, two films Iíve seen, but donít recall seeing Joaquin). The Master is a film youíll either love, or find really boring. Running for 132mins, itís long. There doesnít seem to be any real beginning, middle, end scenario, more simply a case of observing Joaduin Phoenix have a breakdown (comical at times) after leaving the navy, and Philip Seymour, the leader of a cult called The Cause, who appears to want to help Joaduin.

One scene I loved involved both Joaquin and Hoffman being behind bars in adjacent cells. They are arguing with each other. Joaquinís going made and questioning Hoffmanís credentials, and Hoffman answers with something along the lines of Hoffmanís soul is inhabiting his body as part of a trillion year long lifetime.
  • pacrifice 1 May 2013 20:44:06 1,117 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Rope - http://imdb.to/16pdpX7
    12 Angry Men - http://imdb.to/16pdxpu

10/10 from me.

They don't make movies like that anymore.
  • RyanDS 1 May 2013 22:41:37 9,706 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Iron Man 3

Fantastic, equal to part 1, better than part two. Ties the story up nicely, great action, good plot, good villains, and genuinely laugh out loud funny in parts. 3D was also enjoyable and not too forced.

BIG SPOILER!!!
    I especially enjoyed the Mandarin. I was very interested to see how they brought a racist caricature from the 70s into todays more PC world, and I thought the way they did so was fantastic. I would talk more, but I am trying to avoid spoilers apart from general stuff.

9/10

Only shit thing was I have had a media blackout regarding Star Trek 2 which I am extremely excited to see, and I fucking saw the trailer at the cinema. Which was my own fault really, I should have stayed outside while the trailers played.
  • Deleted user 1 May 2013 23:16:05
    Iron Man THREE.

Genuinely alright. Tight script, witty and fast moving and self refrential. Some good plot devices and a few nice ideas explored.

Some of the action was a bit naff and it struggles to get outside of a typical super hero idea though, and the ending was a bit.. well flumped out.

Agree- equal to first, better than second. Fun, a bit overlong and very watchable.
    7/10

Also better than the avengers.

Edited by joelstinton at 23:16:19 01-05-2013

Edited by joelstinton at 23:20:26 01-05-2013
  • Gartt 1 May 2013 23:59:32 1,844 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    blacksea wrote:
    The Master (2012) 9/10

Joaquin Phoenix (who Iíve never heard of before, but has been in Gladiator, and 8MM, two films Iíve seen, but donít recall seeing Joaquin).
    Rly, never heard of Joaquin Phoenix? Are you new to films? Are you sure youve seen Gladiator? Phoenix is kind of a major character...
  • twelveways 2 May 2013 04:31:39 4,117 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Lincoln (four score and) 7/10

The acting was fantastic and Lincoln seemed like a really cool guy, I think I might have enjoyed it more if I knew more about US politics though.
  • LeoliansBro 2 May 2013 11:19:49 44,718 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Silver Linings Playbook. 8/10, would have been 6/10 but for that scene (and no, not the one with her doing her thing, the Excelsior scene).

It's a film about the challenges of being mentally ill where the main character stops being mentally ill halfway through. It's a redemption story about finding out what's important where everyone ends up on your side through coincidence rather than you earning it. It's well acted, well directed and extremely well scored but I can't lose the cynical undernote of a film playing to win at the Oscars. And sadly, under it all, it's Dirty Dancing 3: Philadelphia Nuthouse Rock.

Nice to see Robert de Niro remembering what it's like to be an actor though.
    The more I think about this the more of a bad taste it leaves. I'm taking this down to 6/10. Very very overrated.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• HarryPalmer 2 May 2013 11:43:38 3,541 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Raging Bull - 10/10

Good innit?

Felt fresh and vibrant, largely thanks to the photography, but also the performances; De Niro obviously, tearing it up, but Pesci was also superb. Funny, profound and excruciating in equal measure. Genuinely did not feel like I was watching a 30 year old film.
  • glaeken 2 May 2013 11:48:54 11,233 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Funny how? Like a clown?

I am incapable of seeing Joe Pesci's name and the word funny together without immediately thinking of that line.

Edited by glaeken at 11:50:07 02-05-2013
  • imamazed 2 May 2013 11:51:27 5,881 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm here ta fuckin' amuse you?
  • Page

of 2838 First / Last