Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2208

• Page

of 2746 First / Last

• BinaryBob101 27 Apr 2013 13:26:11 22,635 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Straw Dogs.

Sir_Walter_Rally wrote:
    Many films are based on phone charge running out and being trapped somewhere...

• mrpon 27 Apr 2013 13:36:06 28,715 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jack Reacher

My first paid for Apple rental on my new ATV3, streamed like a dream even over wifi with no hiccups. Don't think I'll be making a habit of it though, not at those prices.

Anyway JR, a fairly bog standard crime thriller. The thing with Tom Cruise is, my mind starts wandering on stupid things like during a bar scene I'm wondering if Tom cherry picked all the extras based on their height etc..

7/10

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• Load_2.0 27 Apr 2013 15:52:08 19,116 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Dead Ball - holy fuck what did I just watch this is the best thing ever / 10

A Japanese boy kills his grandfather by pitching a baseball really, really fast into his face and exploding him. Because of this terrible accident, he vows to NEVER PLAY BASEBALL AGAIN.

Except of course he is forced to by evil forces who will kill his friends if he doesn't join the local team. There are assorted plots involving nazis, robots, nazi robots, deadly schoolgirls, and magical cigarettes.

It might seem like I'm spoiling the plot, but the plot doesn't really matter anyway. It's the funniest, most bonkers movie I've seen in ages. Sort of in the same vein as RoboGeisha. But I liked this a lot more than RoboGeisha.
    Sounds great, will check this out. Thanks for the heads up.
  • spindle9988 27 Apr 2013 15:54:52 3,523 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    tuff wrote:
    American Pie The Reunion

Why / 10
    I thought it was quite funny
  • werewolf_poo 27 Apr 2013 16:14:05 136 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Carnage - 7.5/10. Polanski film
    I went to the pics to see this with the mrs and actually quite enjoyed it. I'd prob have gave it an 8 because everything I see Jodie Foster in seems to put me off a little. Seems to always play roles where she is like the worst whiney bitch of all time
  • Deleted user 27 April 2013 19:02:10
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    Straw Dogs.
    ..and? 1/10, 10/10, maybe 5/10
    Did you see the original or the remake?
  • barchetta 27 Apr 2013 19:28:27 1,323 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hmmm.... Iron Man Three (as the credits read)..... I was expecting something a little darker from the limited amount of previews I'd read but there were a few times when I wondered if taking along the kids was such a good idea.

There are (brief) humorous moments but it has less ofthe light-hearted sass of the previous films.

Oh, stay on after the credits finish for a short pallette cleanser! Speaking of credits I'd expected a Sir to go with the Ben Kingsley - thought he was quite 'strict' about that.

65%

Edited by barchetta at 19:31:27 27-04-2013
  • nickthegun 27 Apr 2013 20:17:35 59,367 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Since everyone else is doing it:

Iron Man 3: Better than Iron Man 2.

Its a weird one. It did wrap up Iron Mans story pretty well, concluding the 'journey' Tony took to get where he is.

The story is decent, despite a few logic gaps, and the script is nice and sharp with zingers flying all over the place. It sagged a bit in the middle when Tony had his pretty unbelievable crisis of confidence but it picked up again nicely and finally gave Don Cheadle something to do.

Weirdly, I *really* enjoyed the credits. A very cool highlight reel of all three films, highlighting that this is probably the last iron man movie.

7/10

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Jacksie66 27 Apr 2013 20:18:52 572 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Since everyone else is doing it:

Iron Man 3: Better than Iron Man 2.

Its a weird one. It did wrap up Iron Mans story pretty well, concluding the 'journey' Tony took to get where he is.

The story is decent, despite a few logic gaps, and the script is nice and sharp with zingers flying all over the place. It sagged a bit in the middle when Tony had his pretty unbelievable crisis of confidence but it picked up again nicely and finally gave Don Cheadle something to do.

Weirdly, I *really* enjoyed the credits. A very cool highlight reel of all three films, highlighting that this is probably the last iron man movie.

7/10
    The last one for a few years until they decide to do a smelly reboot like spiderman. ..
  • IronGiant 27 Apr 2013 20:26:14 4,482 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Argo - 7/10 Good film but not really as tense as it should have been, well directed and acted but clearly nothing spectacular. No idea why it won so many awards.

Silver Linings Playbook - 8/10 Really enjoyed this, good acting by both leads and it left a smile on my face.

Oblivion - 7/10 Decent sci-fi, Cruise was ok and didn't get on my nerves :) Some of the scenery was breathtaking and the effects were excellent. Watched in on a big IMAX screen which made it a better experience. Enjoyed the soundtrack too even it was very Tron'esque.

Django Unchained - 7/10 A one man show as expected, mr Waltz was superb and had some great lines. DiCaprio played a good part too. It tailed off in the last quarter and probably could have lost 20 mins from the running time. Really didn't like the comedy blood effects though, look ridiculous at times and the over use of the 'N' word got tiresome.
  • phAge 27 Apr 2013 20:27:57 24,344 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Iron Man 3. Not as good as Iron Man 2, mainly due to some dodgy (lack of) pace in the miodle and a bit weak baddie. Still pretty entertaining, mind.

7/10
  • jagg3r 27 Apr 2013 21:01:36 1,030 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Iron man 3. Enjoyable for what it is but i found it a small bit boring. Some nice effects but seen it all before, I would wait for this on bluray.

6.5/10

Edited by jagg3r at 21:02:04 27-04-2013
  • jonsaan 27 Apr 2013 21:07:59 25,341 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Jack Reacher

My first paid for Apple rental on my new ATV3, streamed like a dream even over wifi with no hiccups. Don't think I'll be making a habit of it though, not at those prices.

Anyway JR, a fairly bog standard crime thriller. The thing with Tom Cruise is, my mind starts wandering on stupid things like during a bar scene I'm wondering if Tom cherry picked all the extras based on their height etc..

7/10
    I've avoided this film. I've read loads of the books and Tom Cruise just seem all wrong for the character:

6'5", 220-250 lbs., 50" chest
    Dirty-blond

FCUTA!

• sirtacos 27 Apr 2013 23:23:35 7,273 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    khaz wrote:
    This is why The Incredibles remains the best super hero movie ever.
    Yes.
  • captainrentboy 28 Apr 2013 01:24:52 976 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Olympus Has Fallen- 40%
    Good opening siege on the White House, and then it goes immediately downhill after that.
    What cunt thought that shooting 80% of a film in extremely dim corridors, at night, would be a good idea? I had to strain my eyes so much, to see what was actually going on, that I gave myself a headache.
    Oh and Gerard Butler is obsessed with stabbing folk in the brain, and I don't know why. :/
  • FutileResistor 28 Apr 2013 07:19:01 1,226 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The Man From Nowhere 8/10

A hyper-violent Korean action film with the basic plot of Taken/Man On Fire. You've seen this story a hundred times, but the characters are surprisingly engaging and the fight choreography is on a par with Ip Man or The Raid.

Also Won Bin would take Denzel or Liam in a fight without breaking sweat.

Edited by FutileResistor at 07:24:32 28-04-2013
  • TechnoHippy 28 Apr 2013 10:34:47 14,705 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Frankenhooker

I can't make up my mind if this awfully awesome, or awesomely awful. Either way it's fun watch. A mad scientist's fiancée is killed in a lawnmower incident, he then brings her back to life using parts from hookers.

I'll give it a 7/10, but it deserves both more and less than that.

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• B0rked_Gamer 28 Apr 2013 10:45:51 2,527 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FutileResistor wrote:
    The Man From Nowhere 8/10

A hyper-violent Korean action film with the basic plot of Taken/Man On Fire. You've seen this story a hundred times, but the characters are surprisingly engaging and the fight choreography is on a par with Ip Man or The Raid.

Also Won Bin would take Denzel or Liam in a fight without breaking sweat.
    Sounds right up my alley, gonna check it out pronto.
  • Deleted user 28 April 2013 10:49:46
    Seven Psychopaths 5/10

Thought the film looked shit, turns out it was shit. Lesson learned.
  • TechnoHippy 28 Apr 2013 11:16:10 14,705 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Silent Hill Revelation

Not as bad as I was expecting. It's a reasonably entertaining horror with some cool monsters.

I'm pleased to see that Sean Bean can still do the same great American accent :-)

6/10

• TechnoHippy 28 Apr 2013 13:08:35 14,705 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Brake

An interesting thriller with a secret service agent imprisoned in the trunk of a car as part of a terrorist plot. I'll confess that I thought I had it all figured out, but it managed to surprise me.

7/10

• Deleted user 28 April 2013 13:50:53
    The Innkeepers

Much better than I expected. Helped in part by genuinely likeable characters, home dialogue and some decent scares. The hotel is real and actually suspected to be haunted in real life.

9/10

I'm a sucker for a good ghost story.
  • TechnoHippy 28 Apr 2013 14:42:27 14,705 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Princess Bride

It has been too many years since I last watched this film, a classic.

10/10

• BinaryBob101 28 Apr 2013 14:48:42 22,635 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @blacksea It was a reference to the previous page Skyfall review, which repeats the assertion that the finale of Skyfall was inspired by Home Alone, when it's more clearly related to the first Straw Dogs.

Sir_Walter_Rally wrote:
    Many films are based on phone charge running out and being trapped somewhere...

• speedofthepuma 28 Apr 2013 14:59:03 13,278 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pitch perfect: 8/10

Really rather good college comedy. Music was not uniformly excellent, but hit a couple of highs. Comedy was to my liking. I would actually strongly recommend this.

Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter: 5/10

It was just OK actually, but completely pointless. I can't decide if I like it more or less for the fact it played it so seriously.

I lurk. If I've spoken to you, I'm either impassioned, or drunk.

• CosmicFuzz 28 Apr 2013 15:48:50 23,786 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Iron Man 3. I loved this! Very funny, lots of good action, some great performances, fantastic effects... Easily better than 2 and up there with 1 (maybe better? Had a much better finale I thought).

9/10

Episode 5 of our gaming podcast Open Source is a Gamescom Special. Check it out here!

• Kronos 28 Apr 2013 17:14:01 560 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    Jack Reacher

7/10
    I tried to watch this film twice and fell asleep both times! Yet another hollywood filmed watered down to get a 12 certificate. However I did appreciate that they didn't cover the car chase with alot of music so we could just enjoy the throaty rumble of the muscle cars. Reminded me of Bullitt a bit.
  • ascue 28 Apr 2013 17:37:02 167 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I noticed it's a 15 for the home release.
  • DUFFMAN5 28 Apr 2013 18:05:19 14,543 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Safe House
    How is this not a Tony Scott film!
    Really enjoyed it, both leads were great. The reveal may have been a let down, but enjoyed it a lot.
    80%

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Deleted user 28 April 2013 18:51:44
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    @blacksea It was a reference to the previous page Skyfall review, which repeats the assertion that the finale of Skyfall was inspired by Home Alone, when it's more clearly related to the first Straw Dogs.
    oh.. thanks.
  • Page

of 2746 First / Last