Oblivion - 6/10|
I like the idea of this film better than the execution. It had some really great concepts thrown in, but somehow missed the mark. A few notes:
- I can't take Tom Cruise seriously in these kinds of roles. Just seems like a parody of himself now.
- The music, done by M83, was basically a mix of Tron Legacy soundtrack (same director for both films) and Hans Zimmer. It was overly bombastic in scenes where it didn't need it. For a film that takes place in such an isolated and barren environment, it would have been nice to have some subtlety.
- Morgan Freeman way underused. Also, hi, Jaime Lannister, what are you doing here!?
- Visuals were the best bit. They did a really good job of establishing the world and I appreciated the use of practical sets.
- I would have stayed with the redhead
3DS: 0361-6951-2609 (Tom)