Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2202

• Page

of 2771 First / Last

• LionheartDJH 20 Apr 2013 22:42:06 19,475 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dredd (2012) - 7/10

Simple fun action flick. Decent set-up with a minimum of exposition and some great action sequences. Urban plays the role well and having not seen the original I found the uncompromising nature of the character pretty cool. His gravelly voice sounded much more natural than Bale's Batman. Very enjoyable, should probably watch the original at some point!

Revolutionary Road - 8/10

Enjoyed this more than I expected to. A great look at two people trapped within their own lives in 50's middle-America and how they struggle to come to terms with the fact the reality of their ideals is different to how they expected and their hopes/dreams are constrained by their responsibilities and societal norms. Thought-provoking and realistic/pessimistic (depending on your POV) view of the potential trials, frustrations and pitfalls of the 'traditional' life.

Leo and Kate's performances were fantastic; very believable and they played off each other well.

She dives for cheese pasties

• Scurrminator 20 Apr 2013 23:19:55 8,413 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Jack Reacher
    7/10
    Odd film. Passed the time fine but seemed to be an odd mish mash of genres!

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• mrpon 20 Apr 2013 23:28:00 28,947 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Hunter (Netflix UK)

Beautifully shot and quite poignant, I thought Dafoe puts in an understated performance.

7/10

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• Spanky 21 Apr 2013 00:33:56 14,505 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Evil Dead remake 9/10. As good a remake as you could ever expect.

Plubs

• sirtacos 21 Apr 2013 00:54:55 7,280 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Kate and Leo's performances in that film will always astound me. The rabid intensity with which they go at each other is something to behold. Must have been exhausting.
  • Garlvinlandblueblood 21 Apr 2013 01:53:46 414 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Evil Dead - 8/10

As horror remakes go this is more Dawn of the Dead than Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Doesn't have anywhere near the character of the originals but Jane Levy is just brilliant and it's about as good as could be reasonably expected
  • TechnoHippy 21 Apr 2013 11:58:02 14,718 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Offender

Quite a good British prison/revenge drama.

7/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• TechnoHippy 21 Apr 2013 13:57:24 14,718 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mr Brooks

A fine recommendation from this very thread. An interesting look at a serial killer.

8/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Madder-Max 21 Apr 2013 14:16:42 11,656 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bulla Big fat gypsy gangster - 7/10

Its a comedy about a "kerazy" nuts gangster played by heathers bf in eastenders.

It IS funny with panty of larfs; especially the midget stables and fighting.........its just that the 'keraziness' of bulla is a bit too ott and contrived, even within the context of a comedy about a mental gangster.

It is good and worth a watch and not a waste of time but it thinks its funnier than it is. Strange one. Mixed bag.

Spiderman 3 - 6/10

Been a few years since I watched this and its probably the worst one. He fucks his mate up punches MJ and destroys his colleague through his decision to use the black suit.........but its all okay in the end and mj takes him back despite him being a nob end.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• khaz 21 Apr 2013 14:47:14 2,787 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gods sake, why on fuck did you remind me of the travesty that was Spiderman 3?

Now i've got that Hitler walk and dance sequence stuck in my head! AARGH!

/requesting 1 week ban for Madder-Max
  • khaz 21 Apr 2013 14:48:38 2,787 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    21 Jump Street. 4/10. Christ, that was a waste of 2 hours. A few amusing one liners but mostly terrible. Aped the original series, and 80s teen films but was far too heavy handed, and largely dull.
    Odd, you're literally the first person I know who's disliked it that much. Generally its gotten nothing but positive responses. I found it hilarious in places personally. Could have done with a bit of trimming here and there but overall, good fun.
  • Madder-Max 21 Apr 2013 15:22:23 11,656 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @khaz I wasn't going to mention that fucking shaft shit and dance sequence. U did that.

/requests 1 lifetime ban for khaz

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Deckard1 21 Apr 2013 15:27:48 28,096 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I too found 21 Jump Street fairly shit. Was far too forced.
  • BinaryBob101 21 Apr 2013 17:56:17 22,992 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Drugs scene was very funny indeed.

The Grumpy Vaper

• Rens11 21 Apr 2013 22:03:33 1,404 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Goodfellas

Finally got round to watching it, superb great performances all round

9.5/10

The king of comedy

Not what I was expecting, awkward to watch but great film

8.5/10

Howls moving castle

Batshit crazy I must have nodded off somewhere as I lost track of what was going on by the end.

7.5/10

Next up grave of the fireflies and raging bull :D

Don’t kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he’d eat you and everyone you care about!

• khaz 21 Apr 2013 22:05:47 2,787 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Have a box of tissues around for grave of the fireflies. It'll rip your heart out.

/cries just thinking about it
  • Rens11 21 Apr 2013 22:15:05 1,404 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Haha I'm 24! My older brother has been moaning at me to see it for years but just never got round to it. Probably a contender for my top 10 films aswell so many good moments, well shot, Pesci is menancing aswell will have to watch it again soon! On a Scorsese session at the moment

Don’t kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he’d eat you and everyone you care about!

• Dougs 21 Apr 2013 22:16:11 67,829 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    khaz wrote:
    Dougs wrote:
    21 Jump Street. 4/10. Christ, that was a waste of 2 hours. A few amusing one liners but mostly terrible. Aped the original series, and 80s teen films but was far too heavy handed, and largely dull.
    Odd, you're literally the first person I know who's disliked it that much. Generally its gotten nothing but positive responses. I found it hilarious in places personally. Could have done with a bit of trimming here and there but overall, good fun.
    My wife didn't mind it and I might be being a bit harsh, but as Deckard1 says, it was too forced. I suspect I wasn't quite drunk enough. I liked the obvious cameo though!
  • Deleted user 21 April 2013 23:09:05
    Watched Jack Reacher last night. The main problems with it were A) a lack of mystery (there was literally no ambiguity at all with regards to whether the sniper guy was innocent or not, so all the "detective" work to prove it seemed pointless) and B) a lack of tension. Reacher's setup as The Ultimate Badass, yet the universe itself strives to be quasi-realistic, meaning any action scenes are little more than an excuse for things looking cool than any actual narrative drive. Even just injecting a tiny amount of vulnerability to the character would have helped - even Bond has moments where he doesn't succeed or fucks up in some way.

Aside from that it wasn't terrible (quite nicely shot in places), but I'd be very surprised if they managed to spawn another movie from it.
  • Deckard1 21 Apr 2013 23:11:36 28,096 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Watched End of Watch before which was very good. Watching Max Payne now which is very shit.
  • Deleted user 21 April 2013 23:11:40
    I also watched about eight minutes of The Host before giving up with it. I think the girl who stars in it may be the worst actor in the history of anything, am-dram productions staged in church halls included.
  • cubbymoore 21 Apr 2013 23:19:33 36,496 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Gremmi's trying to find something new to ship.

Edited by cubbymoore at 23:20:28 21-04-2013
  • Deleted user 21 April 2013 23:34:54
    I read practically everything going, but it's only teen fiction that gets made into films nowadays. Plus it was newly leaked onto the interwebs and the wife wanted to see it, though it was a mutual decision to abandon it at the eight minute mark. I started farting around on the kindle before William Hurt's opening voiceover had finished.
  • werewolf_poo 22 Apr 2013 00:50:44 170 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    LionheartDJH wrote:
    Very enjoyable, should probably watch the original at some point!
    Please dont bother watching the original. I cant remember in my lifetime another movie that screwed over the original material and fans so much. He is supposed to be a hardass antihero who stops at nothing to uphold the law, not some blithering idiot who cant speak english and jeeeeez why oh why would he be kissing Hershey!!!
  • Deleted user 22 April 2013 07:27:16
    The Impostor (2012) 6.5/10

The Dvd cover is covered in ***** ratings, and having never heard of the film, thought I’d give it a go.

The idea is interesting. Reality is, the film comes across like a documentary (which it succeeds in doing), 80% made up of people talking into the camera interview style, the other 20% consisting of footage that shows events. I found this off-putting. I went into The Impostor with great expectations, and came away thinking, it was ok, I’ll never watching it again, and I’ll sell the Dvd on.

The weirdest aspect of the story has to be that it is based on fact. That is the most fascinating aspect of the story.

Edited by blacksea at 07:32:38 22-04-2013
  • Deckard1 22 Apr 2013 07:31:11 28,096 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It is a documentary.
  • Deckard1 22 Apr 2013 07:34:10 28,096 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You just added that last paragraph after I wrote that didn't you
  • Deleted user 22 April 2013 07:39:39
    Deckard1 wrote:
    It is a documentary.
    I wasn't sure if it was one of those films that goes all out to be clever and persuade the viewer 'this really is based on a true story' or it was simply a film based on real events.
  • Page

of 2771 First / Last