Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2174

• Page

of 2711 First / Last

• gigantor21 24 Mar 2013 19:53:22 7 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @monkehhh Assuming he hasn't already... XD

Have time to kill? Read my shitty game blog: http://kingpiccolo08.wordpress.com/.

• Deleted user 24 March 2013 21:04:36
    Martyrs (2008) Brutal/10

Starts off horror scary, then progresses to bloody, then switches to the oppressors and their quest for martyrdom, to see what is beyond death. It’s brutal stuff. The first 30-40 minutes is tough to watch, and the film feels like it’s always on the bring of peaking, and how can the story continue. Continue it does, for 1hr 35mins..
  • Kostabi 24 Mar 2013 21:11:33 4,878 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Primer - no score until second viewing.

Watched it on Netflix after seeing it mentioned here a few times. It's definitely not a bad film as I was gripped all the way through but I've come out the other side feeling a little bit stupid for not totally understanding what I just watched.
  • gman7714 24 Mar 2013 21:49:39 286 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hit and Run (2012) Some cool cars and mildly amusing, easy to watch movie. Tom Arnold is pretty awful in it.
    6.5/10
  • PrivateFloyd 24 Mar 2013 22:31:52 4,107 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Silver Linings Playbook

9/10

Superb film, Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence and De Niro all fantastic. Cooper in particular I thought really pulled in a great performance.

Glad they went for the ending they did as well.

Final note - Jennifer Lawrence. Hot. Reminds me of Emma Stone for some reason. Also hot.

Goat is hungry.....

• Madder-Max 24 Mar 2013 22:44:45 11,622 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Narc. 9/10 dark and pretty brutal film with liotta on top form. Very good

99 problems and being ginger is one

• shooter 25 Mar 2013 00:48:38 394 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Project Nim - 8/10

Documentary about an expirement to see if you can raise a baby chimp as a human and teach it to communicate. Very interesting and the main scientist was a fuckn cunt. Id love to punch him square in the face
  • TheHammerite 25 Mar 2013 02:00:04 1,512 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Flight - 7/10
  • jamesi 25 Mar 2013 03:41:00 197 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    God that new silent hill movie is awful and i love horror and silent hill.It's a shame cos it's great visually but they don't make much use of the environments/world.Also terrible b-movie acting with no script.Much worse than first silent hill movie which i quite liked.It takes a lot for me to stop or switch a movie off but this nearly managed that several times. 4/10
  • bigshaba 25 Mar 2013 05:10:00 10 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    The Social Network prob give it 65.
  • bigshaba 25 Mar 2013 05:10:57 10 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @PrivateFloyd DeNiro cracked me up in that film with his ocd.
  • evild_edd 25 Mar 2013 07:11:06 3,017 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bourne Legacy

Like a reasonable tribute to the 'proper' Bourne films. Like with the third Damon Bourne, it's hard to shake that feeling that they've already run out of ideas for the series: snap-happy quick fights; shaky cam talky bits; obligatory car/motorbike chase; pumped-up enemy assassin; naughty be-suited government operatives.....

.....it was all okay but just more of the same.

5/10

And then I watched:

Salt

She's good, no she's bad, no she's good, no she's bad etc, etc...

Spider venom!
    Dressing as a man!
    Vague motivational justifications!

We might as well all give up and shut down this thread now, for this will surely come to be regarded as the pinnacle of cinema for all time.

That was tongue-in-cheek, BTW/10

Why look, it's a blog:
    http://www.edwardlaven.blogspot.co.uk

• Phattso Moderator 25 Mar 2013 07:30:46 13,209 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cloud Atlas

Got a Waterworld vibe off this one, crossed with the less awesome bits of 12 Monkeys. Never quite as batshit as it hat the potential to be, but I quite enjoyed it. Trying to do future-speak is always a bit retarded, and this was no different, but at least it had a go. Was surprised it was two and a half hours when the credits rolled as I hadn't been checking my watch at all.

Slightly dubious cross-race and cross-gender makeup craziness notwithstanding, a decent enough movie. Really enjoyed the change of pace from the different time periods.

7/10
  • LeoliansBro 25 Mar 2013 08:04:02 43,247 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    shooter wrote:
    Project Nim - 8/10

Documentary about an expirement to see if you can raise a baby chimp as a human and teach it to communicate. Very interesting and the main scientist was a fuckn cunt. Id love to punch him square in the face
    Saw that yesterday. I thought it was a bit light on both the scientific conclusions and the ethical questions raised. It was almost a procession of people who remembered Nim without any sense of development. Mental experiment as well.

Well worth a watch in spite of all that.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• glaeken 25 Mar 2013 09:18:40 11,108 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wall-E - 7/10 - Enjoyable though not quite what I was expecting. Not that I am sure what I was actually expecting. Anyway what I got was a fun little watch.
  • kingnothing12 25 Mar 2013 09:29:18 539 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Seven Psychopaths - 7/10

Started off well, kinda sags in the middle a little, then ends rather well. Rockwell and Walken are both on form and Colin Farrell isn't too bad either. Funnier than I thought it was going to be. Also I loved the cameo's at the very start, if you watch Boardwalk Empire you'll know what I mean.
  • Deckard1 25 Mar 2013 09:30:50 27,256 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Chernobyl Diaries

Shit

3/10

This Is 40

Good

8/10
  • kingnothing12 25 Mar 2013 09:35:01 539 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I wasn't too sure about 'This is 40'. Kinda felt like it wasn't going anywhere for a significant amount of time, they're supposed to have money troubles yet are still driving around in really nice cars and their kids have all kinds of gadgets etc Had it's moments and by God Megan Fox still looks amazing, was quite surprised she made an appearance as I don't remember her being in any trailer's at all.
  • Deckard1 25 Mar 2013 09:40:09 27,256 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I really enjoyed it, but I'm normally a sucker for the Judd Apatow stuff. Thought it was very funny, and heartwarming without being too schmaltzy.
  • Madder-Max 25 Mar 2013 09:41:22 11,622 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kingnothing12 wrote:
    I wasn't too sure about 'This is 40'. Kinda felt like it wasn't going anywhere for a significant amount of time, they're supposed to have money troubles yet are still driving around in really nice cars and their kids have all kinds of gadgets etc Had it's moments and by God Megan Fox still looks amazing, was quite surprised she made an appearance as I don't remember her being in any trailer's at all.
    Welcome to the 21st century recession!

99 problems and being ginger is one

• nickthegun 25 Mar 2013 09:48:33 58,885 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Muppets (2011) – saw this on Saturday at the cinema thanks to cineworlds fantastic kids for a quid movies. I have to be honest, I have never really been a huge fan of The Muppets. I really could/can take them or leave them and im certainly not a massive fan of Jason Segel but this was actually really good.

The movie is, basically, a 100m love letter to The Muppets with the script clearly written by Segel after thinking ‘what the hell *did* happen to The Muppets?’. Segel is clearly a fan and everything is pleasingly earnest. Nothing is really done ironically or out of character to modernise them. They act the same as they always have which is actually really nice. Even the villain comments on this, trying to replace them with ‘The Moopets’, hard edged puppets with attitude.

Its your basic ‘get the gang back together’ movie but there are several proper lol moments and its entertaining enough even for a non-fan. My daughter was fairly non-plussed about the ‘caper’ aspects of the movie, but she did love it when they were just being The Muppets, Fozzies fart shoes being a particular highlight for her.

So, yeah, it was cool. 8/10

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• kalel 25 Mar 2013 09:50:19 86,417 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I watched it again yesterday. I love it.
  • TheSaint 25 Mar 2013 09:54:24 14,201 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I seem to remember that those fart shoes generated a bit of controversy when the film first game out. Frank Oz in particular felt that Jim Henson wouldn't have been keen on cheap laughs like that.

Great film though.
  • nickthegun 25 Mar 2013 09:59:19 58,885 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    IIRC, Oz changed his tune when he actually watched it.

As I say, I was genuinely surprised by how straight it was. It wasnt an awful reboot with some hip hop kermit which was incredibly refreshing. I think it actually says a lot that I kept expecting Segel and/or Adams to suddenly start acting like a dick.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• kalel 25 Mar 2013 10:00:28 86,417 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Frank Oz was a bit of a bellend about the whole thing to be honest. I don't really know what his problem was, but the film was by far the most "Jim Henson like" Muppets movie since his death, much more so than some of the shit like Muppets Treasure Island. Frankly, he wasn't missed - whoever did the voices for Piggy and Fozzie was an absolutely perfect replacement.

And it's a bit much to be going on about artistic integrity when you're the voice of fucking Yoda...
  • khaz 25 Mar 2013 10:30:33 2,733 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't know what movie you guys were watching.

The 2011 muppets had none of the anarchic nature, comedic timing, biting dialogue, throwaway gags (Ok some were all right here) etc. of the original TV series. I thought it was decidedly mediocre at best.

There were brief glimpses of the original series in there but the rest is straight up Disney. Disappointing.
  • kalel 25 Mar 2013 10:35:19 86,417 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It was more reminiscent of the original movies than the TV series I think. It could have been more anarchic, but its heart was very much in the right place.
  • khaz 25 Mar 2013 10:44:28 2,733 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    It was more reminiscent of the original movies than the TV series I think. It could have been more anarchic, but its heart was very much in the right place.
    That's the thing. I don't think it had much of a heart at all. The only time the muppets felt like themselves was when there were no humans around. The muppets was always a very self contained universe but it was very rich. The moment they dragged them into the human world it was lost.

I'm sad more than anything. I just thought it was an opportunity lost.
  • kalel 25 Mar 2013 10:45:23 86,417 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    But the original Muppet Show was very much set in the human world surely?
  • Page

of 2711 First / Last