Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2172

• Page

of 2774 First / Last

• Gartt 22 Mar 2013 12:12:10 1,748 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Killing Them Softly felt like it was trying too hard to be cool and witty, but it really wasn't and its not half as clever as it thinks it is. Had its moments though, I'm a sucker for slow motion and I thought Pitt was good.
  • Deleted user 22 March 2013 12:46:34
    I want to see it KTS again though, i agree with some of the sentiments. I couldn't concentrate on the film because the audio mix in the cinema was ALL over the place. I understand some of this was delibrate, but i don't think my cinema had it dialled in right.
  • Deleted user 22 March 2013 12:46:35
    I want to see it KTS again though, i agree with some of the sentiments. I couldn't concentrate on the film because the audio mix in the cinema was ALL over the place. I understand some of this was delibrate, but i don't think my cinema had it dialled in right.
  • beastmaster 22 Mar 2013 13:33:24 11,450 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins - 6.5/10

I saw this at the cinema back in '85 when it was called Remo: Unarmed and Dangerous. Loved it then and I think it's a decent film now.

Despite having a bit of flat direction from Guy Hamilton, a couple of the action set pieces are good. The one with the dogs chansing after him and the Statue of Liberty in particular.

The banter between Fred Ward and Joel Grey as his Korean trainer is good too.

Not the greatest film ever but one that could probably do with a remake if anyone ever gave a shit.

Edited by beastmaster at 13:35:41 22-03-2013

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Blaketown 22 Mar 2013 13:38:08 4,671 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Now there's a blast from the past.

Not seen that since it came out. Remember loving it as a kid though.

In my mind it has awesome Matrix style slow-mo. I bet it's not quite like that in reality though. :)

Brap, brap, old chap.

• nickthegun 22 Mar 2013 13:40:30 60,157 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Heh. The korean guy is one of the most racist things ever.

Also, I used to pretend to do the finger training bit with a table tennis bat.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• TheMightyRose 22 Mar 2013 14:38:01 174 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins 8/10

I actually watched this the other night and I still think it is a classic. It even gets referenced in Deadly Premonition! The interplay between Remo and Chun makes the movie but it also has some really memorable sequences. A tightrope walking guard dog, a fight on the Statue of Liberty, a Korean man running on water to escape from the US Army, a giant log on a cable and a great scene where Remo uses a guys diamond tooth to escape from a testing chamber with Captain Janeway from Voyager.
    It was supposed to be the start of a series but sadly this was all they made. I think there may have been a tv show pilot though.

The Sword and the Sorceror 7.5/10

Another movie that I watched as a kid and recently picked up on dvd. It features a lot of naked breasts (which is always a plus) and some great special effects involving the demon who the character of Cromwell (Richard Lynch) awakens at the beginning of the movie. The hero of the story Talon (Lee Horsley) has a cool sword with three blades which he can fire like projectiles although he is just as happpy to beat up bad guys with a leg of lamb. It is a strange film and is quite funny in places and has some truly nasty villains in it. This like Remo was also meant to be a series with Tales from the Ancient Empire supposed to be the next movie.
  • Deleted user 22 March 2013 19:49:46
    Infernal Affairs II (2003) 6/10

It wasnít until today (I watched the film last night) while typing Infernal Affairs II, I assumed all along I had been watching Internal Affairs II. Don't ask why..

ĎIn this prequel to Mou gaan dou (2002), Chan Wing Yan has just become an undercover cop in the triads while Lau Kin Ming joins the police force. Both the triads and the police find an enemy in a rival crime boss.í - IMDb

Iíve hadnít seen the previous film, although Iíd like to add to that: Needless to say, the film is difficult to follow. Itís a police, Triad thing. Thereís an awful lot of moments of meaningfulness complete appropriate (or inappropriate) music playing. It did little for me..

Edited by blacksea at 19:53:01 22-03-2013
  • shooter 23 Mar 2013 01:42:23 394 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Scream - 9.7/10

Must be one of my favourite horrors of all time. Reinvented the slasher film
  • wogsy81 23 Mar 2013 02:08:32 748 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    khaz wrote:
    wogsy81 wrote:
    TombStone. 9/10.
    /snip
    Costner's Wyatt Earp is a better film personally. I actually prefer Dennis Quaid's Doc Holliday too.

Unforgiven is amazing. As for my three favourite westerns?

Once Upon a time in the West - English
    Seven Samurai - Japanese
    Sholay - Hindi

Other great westerns and/or worth watching:

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
    Dances with Wolves
    The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada
    Hombre
    Gunfight at the OK Corral - same story as Tombstone/Wyatt Earp (Earp, Holliday and Johnny Ringo are kinda holy folklore for westerns) and its headlined by Burt Lancaster and Kirk Douglas. You can't get more manly than that. :)
    The Proposition - brutal, brutal film.
    No Country for Old Men
    The Assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford
    True Grit
    The Professionals
    The Wild Bunch - even by westerns standards, the violence is insane and brutal.
    Open Range

Thanks for the tips mate.
    I watched Unforgiven the other day. Man what a belting film. And i mean belting. I didn't want it to end.

Clint Eastwood is a right badass. I loved the chemistry between him and Morgan Freeman. And the ending where clint nails them guys in a bar and confesses to how evil he really was. And the part where he says "Im gonna walk outta here and anyone who tries to shoot me is gonna die" or something to that effect. and then he just rides slowly out of town. Man that was epic.

I was constantly wondering during the film "was Eastwood as evil as what people say he was? Did he kill women and children? And his speech at the end was biblical.
    What an amazing western. Im slightly ashamed i haven't watched it until now actually.

I have The Wild Bunch here which i am just about to watch and will definitely watch them 3 films you named as your favourites over the next couple of days.

Thanks for the reccomendations. And I really must watch True Grit too. That does look brilliant.

I may be becoming a western fan :) Its great when being 32 years old you suddenly discover a new genre of film you like. Ive seen about 6 westerns this week. Every one of them highly enjoyable.
    So many films to watch, so little time.
  • TheMightyRose 23 Mar 2013 03:01:26 174 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Hello Wogsy81

Have you ever watched A Fistful of Dynamite with James Coburn or Quigley Down Under with Tom Selleck?

Both are brilliant if slighty bizarre western movies. The former about an IRA explosives expert who helps a revelutionary and the latter about an American sharpshooter who travels to Ausfralia to take up a job offer from Alan Rickman's dastardly land owner. Both movies are worh a watch in my opinion.
  • wogsy81 23 Mar 2013 05:38:43 748 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @TheMightyRose Both sound bloody brilliant. Especially the IRA one.
    I just looked it up on imdb and the original title is called "Duck you sucker" haha, that is actually a better title. And im a huge fan of Alan Rickman so the latter will definitly be getting a watch.
    I stuck both titles in my notepad along with a few other non-cheesy westerns im planning on watching. My nightime entertainment for the next week is well and truly sorted.
    Thanks for the tips bud.
  • khaz 23 Mar 2013 07:38:05 2,790 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins - 6.5/10

I saw this at the cinema back in '85 when it was called Remo: Unarmed and Dangerous. Loved it then and I think it's a decent film now.

Despite having a bit of flat direction from Guy Hamilton, a couple of the action set pieces are good. The one with the dogs chansing after him and the Statue of Liberty in particular.

The banter between Fred Ward and Joel Grey as his Korean trainer is good too.

Not the greatest film ever but one that could probably do with a remake if anyone ever gave a shit.
    OMG.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I've been trying to remember this movie's name for YEARS. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
  • OmniaVincitAmor 23 Mar 2013 08:06:57 1,526 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Warrior

Maybe I'm just a sucker for these type of films but fuck me one of the best films I've seen in years. The last 10 odd minutes made me a quivering wreck. Thought the character portrayals were outstanding. Having a family and knowing the lengths I'd go to etc etc. Absolutely brilliant.
    9/10

Edited by OmniaVincitAmor at 08:07:30 23-03-2013

Defeat is not getting knocked down, but refusing to get back up.

• tuff 23 Mar 2013 09:12:49 625 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    An American Werewolf in London

Classic / 100%
  • Deleted user 23 March 2013 15:57:01
    Primer (2004) ..what was that all about? /10

Hmm.. Hmm.. I think I got it. Time travel and the issueís it brings. A bit like across between Flatliners (1990) and Memento (2000) without the box. The rawness in the way the films looks works well.

Impressive, given the budget it was shot on.

Budget:
    $7,000†(estimated)
    Gross:
    $424,760†(USA)†(17 December 2004)

Thatís some return!

Edited by blacksea at 22:26:24 23-03-2013
  • Deleted user 23 March 2013 15:59:11
    tuff wrote:
    An American Werewolf in London

Classic / 100%
    Makes my Top 10 films list everytime.
  • craigy Staff 23 Mar 2013 18:00:43 7,692 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Lakeview Terrace: 8/10
    Copycat: 8/10
    The Untouchables: 7/10
  • TechnoHippy 23 Mar 2013 18:18:49 14,718 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Stash House

A bit, no in fact, very shit.

2/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Madder-Max 23 Mar 2013 18:40:54 11,656 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Twilight breaking wind part two saga shit. 3/10. Had no choice. The missus had it on when I came in. Fucking hell its awful. Its like an extended episode of one tree hill in which the Xmen have moved into the town.

I commented on the fact that there was no blood when peeps got their heads ripped off and she said that's because its a 12!!!!! A fucking 12!!!!! No blood but its fine to show peoples heads being ripped off. Most of it is whimsical standing around talking shit and the the good action bit is......well anyway. Not man stuff at all; unless u r gay then fair enough.

99 problems and being ginger is one

• b0rk 23 Mar 2013 18:45:00 2,772 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Needs more guys doing serious welding and fondling guns, right.
  • Madder-Max 23 Mar 2013 18:46:04 11,656 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Battleships. 7/10. Its one of those movies 24 jobbies. A no frills, low budget Battleship, which isn't half bad given what it is. Ignore the apaulling special effects (the producers made a rod for their own backs there with a cloaked alien ship) and there is a decent by the numbers story there based on a real life battleship.

I think its called battleships anyway

Edited by Madder-Max at 18:48:43 23-03-2013

• Madder-Max 23 Mar 2013 18:47:27 11,656 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    B0rked_Gamer wrote:
    Needs more guys doing serious welding and fondling guns, right.
    Nope just more gore and vampire grittiness oh and some decent acting.

• b0rk 23 Mar 2013 18:47:56 2,772 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    and welding
  • b0rk 23 Mar 2013 18:49:41 2,772 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    and manly cigar smoking and guns
  • Madder-Max 23 Mar 2013 18:49:42 11,656 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Lol

• oldschoolsoviet 23 Mar 2013 18:50:16 5,487 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Baytown Outlaws - 6/10

Passed the afternoon, yet another film where you ask "why does it exist ?" It's a bit mental.
    Trio of redneck Alabama crackers, raised by the local sheriff to act as murdering vigilantes, take a freelance job in Texas to kidnap a disabled child from Billy Bob Thorton's low-level crime boss, and return him to his mother.

Also features assassin hookers, black pirates in their GMC armoured car "ship", some biker Apaches, and feels similar to Smokin' Aces in some ways. Still mental though.
  • Gambit1977 23 Mar 2013 18:59:54 9,804 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @shooter so good it was my first ever password :lol:
    Obviously not anymore of course!
  • Deleted user 23 March 2013 19:51:33
    Another Year - 9/10

I always find myself entranced while watching any of Mike Leighs character studies and this was no different. While some could call this boring and plotless, I found it typically hypnotic.
  • Gambit1977 23 Mar 2013 20:11:38 9,804 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    craigy wrote:
    Lakeview Terrace: 8/10
    Copycat: 8/10
    The Untouchables: 7/10
    Is this what happens when you buy a Hindi keyboard off EBay?
  • Page

of 2774 First / Last