Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2149

  • Page

    of 2704 First / Last

  • Deleted user 28 February 2013 20:38:28
    Pepsipop wrote:
    Battleship starring rihanna. Dire 2/10.
    Really? I thought it was ok. The way they did that sonar thing to make it a bit like the game was quite clever I thought. Good no brain actioner.

    I have to laugh, I didn't even know it was Rhianna! Ah well.

    Lockout

    Guy Pearce is better than this, obviously, but I liked it. Reminded me a bit of Arkham in space. In fact Pearce's character was very Solid Snake like, maybe I play too many games.

    83%

    Edited by IamBatman81 at 20:39:03 28-02-2013
  • Deleted user 28 February 2013 21:27:05
    Madder-Max wrote:
    blacksea wrote:
    Cosmopolis (2012) 8/10

    ‘Riding across Manhattan in a stretch limo in order to get a haircut, a 28-year-old billionaire asset manager's day devolves into an odyssey with a cast of characters that start to tear his world apart.’ - IMDb

    Been wanting to check this out for a while, but the DVD / Blu-ray appears to have held its price high since release. Finally got a copy off ebay for £3 - Yay!

    Having read reviews, people seem divided into two camps, they either love it or dislike it.

    The film has a certain unique super clean style to it. About 80% of the film takes place inside a white limousine. The interior is so surreal clean, it almost feels as if the limo isn’t moving.

    The film is slow, it is dull at times. Maybe this is intentional, to reflect the world of billionaire asset manager. It is different, and that felt fresh. I liked it for these reasons.
    I managed an hour and that was it. Turned it off. Its quite hard work which would be fine if it was a bit more than about a rich guy in a limo and events were a sharper descent. As it is its just meh
    At 1hr and 10 mins, i almost switched off, as I knew there were 30 more minutes to go. For the final 30 minutes he is not in the limo, and there's more, although the ending wasn't all that, I somehow expected a twist that never hapend.

    Edited by blacksea at 21:27:56 28-02-2013
  • Trowel 28 Feb 2013 22:03:01 17,425 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ronuds wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Isn't there a Jack and the Giant Beanstalk action-fantasy coming out too?

    It's getting a bit silly now.
    Hollywood's really dredging the bottom of the imagination sewer now.
    Oz scares me. If they're prepared to do that, and it's the box office success Disney expect, expect all kinds of WTF spinoffs.
  • Deleted user 28 February 2013 22:04:47
    It's not like they haven't thoroughly raped Wizard of Oz already. Look at The Wiz.
  • ronuds 28 Feb 2013 22:17:38 21,788 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I didn't even know a new Oz was in the works.

    IT'S ABOUT TIME!
  • nickthegun 28 Feb 2013 22:29:30 58,782 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    meme wrote:
    It's not like they haven't thoroughly raped Wizard of Oz already. Look at The Wiz.
    I will not have anyone speak ill of The Wiz

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

  • Bremenacht 28 Feb 2013 22:41:50 17,600 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Then there's Return to Oz, which is rather good.
  • Lukus 28 Feb 2013 23:39:46 18,996 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pulp Fiction

    It's been a while since I last watched it. It's still excellent.

    9/10

    Paintings & Photographs

  • Dolly 1 Mar 2013 00:01:40 3,203 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Then there's Return to Oz, which is rather good.
    Those feckin wheelie dudes and the bit where the witches heads all start screaming scared the SHIT out of me as a kid!! Not seen it in years, would be an interesting one to re-visit.
  • creepylizard 1 Mar 2013 13:03:34 786 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Then there's Return to Oz, which is rather good.
    It is indeed very good.
    And. No. fucking. Singing.
  • graysonavich 1 Mar 2013 13:10:23 7,309 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    Alastair wrote:
    Pepsipop wrote:
    Battleship starring rihanna. Dire 2/10.
    Did you expect it not to be...?
    :)
    Well no but I wasn't expecting it to be that dire. Was painful.
    I don't get this. It's suppose to be laughably bad, that's the whole point. It's a modern day B-movie.

    It's like watching The Notebook and saying; "2/10, didn't make me laugh and Adam Sandler wasn't even in it"
  • Blaketown 1 Mar 2013 13:19:15 4,636 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    But it's possible to make good B-movies.

    It fails at even the low bar it sets for itself.

    2 out of 10 is generous.

    Brap, brap, old chap.

  • creepylizard 1 Mar 2013 13:22:33 786 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Blaketown wrote:
    But it's possible to make good B-movies.

    It fails at even the low bar it sets for itself.

    2 out of 10 is generous.
    Exactly. Tremors is a good B-movie for me..
  • glaeken 1 Mar 2013 13:25:03 11,086 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I did not think it was that bad. I think I would give it a 5/10. It's no worse than something like Die Hard 4 or the A Team update in my view. Similar types of light weight disengage the brain action films.
  • oceanmotion 1 Mar 2013 13:25:27 15,647 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    First half hour is slow but the rest is good fun and far better action than a Transformer movie. You can actually see what is going on.
  • graysonavich 1 Mar 2013 13:28:32 7,309 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Maybe "B-movie" is the wrong/misused term. I'm talking about the mockbuster genre, rather than the low-budget genre.

    Edited by graysonavich at 13:30:04 01-03-2013
  • glaeken 1 Mar 2013 13:29:44 11,086 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's interesting when a film gets a really bad advanced reputation, like Battleship did, how often people then follow the prevailing opinion and declare them one of the worst films ever. I just don't think Battleship in particular is any worse than any other number of forgettable action B movies.
  • LeoliansBro 1 Mar 2013 13:36:38 43,170 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have a sneaking suspicion I'd really enjoy Battleship, in the same way as I enjoyed GI Joe. Is the acting itself bad, or is it just the concept?

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • graysonavich 1 Mar 2013 13:39:49 7,309 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I liked it. It's exactly what it sets out to be. Some great comedy camera shots too, real LOL moments if you know what to look for.
  • Mola_Ram 1 Mar 2013 13:51:17 6,950 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Isn't the GI Joe sequel coming out soonish? Trailer looked quite good. I know that trailers usually do, but still.
  • glaeken 1 Mar 2013 14:08:48 11,086 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @LeoliansBro It has diaglog like “Prepare to fire.” “Sir, which weapons?” “All of them!”

    I would actually say it's totally on par with the GI Joe film. It's exactly that type of film. Light weight action fluff. The hoops they jump through to try and get something relevant to the board game in the plot are also quite amusing. I don't believe anyone actually says you sunk my battleship though which surely should have been in there somewhere.

    Edited by glaeken at 14:11:09 01-03-2013
  • Blaketown 1 Mar 2013 14:12:51 4,636 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    glaeken wrote:
    I did not think it was that bad. I think I would give it a 5/10. It's no worse than something like Die Hard 4 or the A Team update in my view. Similar types of light weight disengage the brain action films.
    But they are both unbearably terrible too. And GI Joe.

    I guess we are all agreeing that these movies are on a par at least.

    Brap, brap, old chap.

  • glaeken 1 Mar 2013 14:19:29 11,086 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yep none of them are good films. I just can watch that type of film and get some enjoyment out of it. I really am judging them on a different level to a proper film. It's nonsense with added effects.

    Edited by glaeken at 14:21:01 01-03-2013
  • LeoliansBro 1 Mar 2013 14:23:39 43,170 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I liked GI Joe. It was the film that confirmed for me that JGL can really act.

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • glaeken 1 Mar 2013 14:27:57 11,086 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    For me AAA stole the show as well as SM. CE was not to bad either.
  • Mr_Sleep 1 Mar 2013 14:34:57 16,838 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    blacksea wrote:
    Madder-Max wrote:
    blacksea wrote:
    Cosmopolis (2012) 8/10

    ‘Riding across Manhattan in a stretch limo in order to get a haircut, a 28-year-old billionaire asset manager's day devolves into an odyssey with a cast of characters that start to tear his world apart.’ - IMDb

    Been wanting to check this out for a while, but the DVD / Blu-ray appears to have held its price high since release. Finally got a copy off ebay for £3 - Yay!

    Having read reviews, people seem divided into two camps, they either love it or dislike it.

    The film has a certain unique super clean style to it. About 80% of the film takes place inside a white limousine. The interior is so surreal clean, it almost feels as if the limo isn’t moving.

    The film is slow, it is dull at times. Maybe this is intentional, to reflect the world of billionaire asset manager. It is different, and that felt fresh. I liked it for these reasons.
    I managed an hour and that was it. Turned it off. Its quite hard work which would be fine if it was a bit more than about a rich guy in a limo and events were a sharper descent. As it is its just meh
    At 1hr and 10 mins, i almost switched off, as I knew there were 30 more minutes to go. For the final 30 minutes he is not in the limo, and there's more, although the ending wasn't all that, I somehow expected a twist that never hapend.
    I am very much in the camp of loving it. I thought the characters as personalities and dialogue that was not spoken to the different characters but around them made for an interesting watch. It was quite hard going and high concept but I thought it worked really well. I do love me some Cronenberg though, I pretty much like his entire output that I have seen.

    You are a factory of sadness.

  • Gambit1977 1 Mar 2013 14:43:11 9,583 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dolly wrote:
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Then there's Return to Oz, which is rather good.
    Those feckin wheelie dudes and the bit where the witches heads all start screaming scared the SHIT out of me as a kid!! Not seen it in years, would be an interesting one to re-visit.
    I remember opening a box of Sugar Puffs as a kid and a Wheelie sticker fell out. I was traumatised for year!
  • TOOTR 1 Mar 2013 16:20:12 9,493 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:


    I remember opening a box of Sugar Puffs as a kid and a Wheelie sticker fell out. I was traumatised for year!

    Lol :)

    Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

  • Page

    of 2704 First / Last

Log in or register to reply