Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2124

• Page

of 2704 First / Last

• glaeken 18 Feb 2013 09:51:25 11,086 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They are actually being faithful to the book by having Kurtz not show up until near the very end. It's all about the changing image you have of the man over the course of the book until you actually meet the reality.
  • Mr-Brett 18 Feb 2013 10:02:34 12,723 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Pontypool

An very good film that made great use of a small cast and single location. The concept of the infection is strange but interesting. That probably didn't need to be spoilered but I went into the film knowing nothing about it just that people here said it was good and I think that helped as the mysterious events were being relayed back to the station.

High score.

Portable view - Never forget.

• nickthegun 18 Feb 2013 10:02:54 58,782 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rango Ė one of those films you find hard to believe got made. Its animated and incredibly slapstick, but its not a kids film. Itís a gore verbinski movie, so it weighs in at well over two hours, far beyond what most kids will sit through, the character designs are kind of gross and most of the story points reference things children would not understand.

So its kind of the logical zenith of Ďa kids film with something for adultsí; a movie that kids donít really like and that adults would probably ignore because they think itís a kids film.

Its good, though. As I say, its far, far too long but its funny, the script is good and it looks fantastic. A deconstruction of the western genre with an animated chameleon. 7/10

Wreck it ralph Ė kind of the opposite. Its stuffed to the gills with references for 30 somethings but is straight Disney, so it pitches slightly below where it needs to be. The kids loved the bits where they were just allowed to be cartoon characters and switched off during all the meta-stuff, which is understandable. 7/10

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• ryohazuki1983 18 Feb 2013 10:08:12 727 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Black Swan - 8/10 - Decent film and good performances by all.

Although I did predict the ending, I was still glad it panned out that way as it was really the best way off finishing the film.
  • riceNpea 18 Feb 2013 10:11:44 592 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @nickthegun

i liked Rango! as for Wreck it Ralph, what a wasted idea. it was a confused mess and lacked the subtlety of other films in it's genre when trying to appeal to all ages. i felt it was like, ' this bit here is for adults....and now a bit for kids....'

in the end my daughter and i were thoroughly bored of it. it doesn't help that Ralph is about as likeable as mouth full of coldsores. he reminded me of a retarded version of Manny the Mammouth.
  • nickthegun 18 Feb 2013 10:31:02 58,782 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My daughter really liked it, certainly, of the two films we watched this weekend, more than Rango.

To be honest, the best thing we watched this weekend was the new episode of My Little Pony.

He totally called it

• kalel 18 Feb 2013 10:41:29 86,275 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    T2

Picked it up on BR (very good transfer imo, although sound was disappointing, particularly the Fat Boy which I was expecting to bring the house down).

While I prefer the first as a film generally, I think this is about the finest example of an action film there is. The big sequences are tip fucking top, and the bits in between that drive them are perfectly balanced.

I will always have issues with Furlong's acting, and some of the lamer 'a boy and his robot pal' bits, but they're a small price to pay really, and Arnie and Hamilton more than make up for the weaknesses. It's a shame they didn't just leave the series at this point really. Everything that has followed has been shite.

9/10
  • nickthegun 18 Feb 2013 10:43:17 58,782 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    waitafuckingminute.... wasnt it you who always used to rag on T2? Is this some kind of elaborate joke?

He totally called it

• Mola_Ram 18 Feb 2013 10:43:40 6,952 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I always saw the first one more as a horror film. It felt pretty different to T2. But yeah, they are both quality.
  • kalel 18 Feb 2013 10:46:39 86,275 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    waitafuckingminute.... wasnt it you who always used to rag on T2? Is this some kind of elaborate joke?
    I tend to "rag" on T2 in comparison to the first, which is a serious heavyweight piece of cinema imo. More or less flawless.
  • nickthegun 18 Feb 2013 10:48:01 58,782 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The dynamite bike chase is one of my favourite chase scenes ever.

He totally called it

• speedofthepuma 18 Feb 2013 10:49:48 13,266 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kalel is completely right about this. Let's move on.

I've turned off all the avatars and crap, so don't expect me to be impressed by yours.

• Ultrasoundwave 18 Feb 2013 11:05:59 3,264 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The Bourne Legacy

After reading the reviews, i went into this with low expectations. The original Bourne trilogy is easily one of the best trilogies ever made, so when they announced this movie without Damon starring and without Greengrass directing, i really wasnt that fussed so i didnt see it in the cinema.

However, i got it on Blu Ray as a Christmas gift and i got around to watching it on Saturday and.........i enjoyed it!.

Its not as good as the previous three, but it is absolutely not as bad as people said it was. Renner was solid, very watchable and carried the film well. Rachel Weisz was also very good, still quite stunning too, the woman doesnt age!.

I think the film having "Bourne" in the title is its best friend and its worst enemy to be honest : It doesnt live up to the original trilogy, but also it probably wouldnt have made as much money without the name.

However, as a fan of the original trilogy, this movie didnt upset, annoy or molest me as much as it seemingly did others. I could quite easily see it as a "side-story" set in the Bourne universe and i had a lot of fun with it.

Overall its got good action, good acting and it doesnt outstay its welcome.

A very strong 7/10

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• LeoliansBro 18 Feb 2013 11:54:22 43,178 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Margin Call 8/10. Nicely measured and believable portrayal of the unravelling of the financial system played out over a single night at a thinly disguised Lehman's. Although it's pleasingly calm in how it portrays what has happened, what will happen and what that means, this is really only the backdrop. The film is all about character studies and personality, giving everyone their few scenes to get who they play across and creating the sense of the layers of this business.

If they'd cut out the distracting, unbalanced allegory about Kevin Spacey's dog (and in fact every scene not in or around the office building) I'd give it a 9.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• kinky_mong 18 Feb 2013 12:07:22 9,945 posts
    Seen 14 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dredd

Urban absolutely nailed the character (particularly the grimace!) and Thrilby did a good job too. Couldn't really take Headey seriously as a massive gang leader though, same reason I don't find her convincing in GoT either as she's far too soft spoken in everything she's in.

Despite the opening chase sequence feeling more like it was from a generic America city rather than a dystopian future Mega City the rest of the film did look like Dredd's world.

The action and cinematography was great, and the extreme gore hit a chord with me, but I do feel like some shots were clearly just there to show off in 3D (and I was just watching the film in 2D), one of my main gripes with the gimmick.

8/10

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• tuff 18 Feb 2013 12:13:18 622 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Keith Lemon: The Film

Awful.
  • glaeken 18 Feb 2013 12:24:11 11,086 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Did you have to watch it to find that out? The trailers for some films I find are enough to ensure I will never see them. Keith Lemon: The film being one. Another I can think of being Jack and Jill.
  • L_Franko Moderator 18 Feb 2013 12:27:46 9,694 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Raid - 9/10

Awesome stuff, overall just a really satisfying action film.
  • oceanmotion 18 Feb 2013 12:34:10 15,647 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    The Bourne Legacy

A very strong 7/10
    You must have been in a great mood or threatened at gunpoint.
  • javvyman 18 Feb 2013 12:46:24 707 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Seven Psychopaths

Had high hopes after the brilliance of In Bruges.
    Unfortunatly, this film suffers from the most idiotic pacing and plot structure i've seen in a while.

What worked - Performances are fantasic, genuinely funny and original moments, enjoyable to watch at times.
    What didn't - Plot holes galore, attempts at symbology that falls flat on its face most of the time, completely nonsense plot.

5/10

Would be a 7 if I didn't have such a sense of rage from having such a wonderfully acted film turned into a convoluted mess.
  • Tomo 18 Feb 2013 12:59:01 13,878 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Django Unchained - 9/10

Really great. Entertaining from start to when it probably should have finished. And pretty entertaining after that too. It's very funny in places and fairly excruciating to watch in others. My only real qualms were Schultz's motivation and sudden empathy for Django which was basically the premise of the entire film and their plan for rescuing Broomhilda, which seemed weak. Still, not many things best watching Tarantino in the cinema.
  • Vortex808 18 Feb 2013 13:01:53 6,937 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dredd 3D.

Great action film. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I am the law %
  • riceNpea 18 Feb 2013 13:11:47 592 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Tomo wrote:
    Django Unchained - 9/10

Really great. Entertaining from start to when it probably should have finished. And pretty entertaining after that too. It's very funny in places and fairly excruciating to watch in others. My only real qualms were Schultz's motivation and sudden empathy for Django which was basically the premise of the entire film and their plan for rescuing Broomhilda, which seemed weak. Still, not many things best watching Tarantino in the cinema.
    that and the sudden decision to get himself killed with his sudden prick of conscience in the face of Leonardo's bigotry and treatment of his fighting slave that started the film's final shoot-out scene.

why, with such a strong will to survive and going to such lengths with that elaborate sting would he decide to write everyone's death warrants?

and why instead of shooting the fellow with the sawn-off standing guard would he stick his hands in the air and say, 'i couldn't resist' and allow himself to be blown away?

right there the film was ruined for me. can anyone explain it? did i miss something

Edited by riceNpea at 13:12:06 18-02-2013
  • Deleted user 18 February 2013 13:44:30
    The Dictator

If you set out to make a comedy that you know will offend half the audience you had better be sure the other half is laughing.

Was neither laughing or offended.

An embarrassment of sixth form humour and attempted shock value.

3/10.
  • glaeken 18 Feb 2013 13:46:56 11,086 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I would add that one to the list of films I did not need to see to know they were shit.
  • Wacko_AK 18 Feb 2013 15:10:17 178 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Goon - 6/10

Based on the true story of a bouncer turned hockey star, it's ok but if they'd played it a bit more serious then it could have been a solid 7/10.

Somewhere - 8/10

Loved it! I accept that not everyone will like it though. Good performance by Stephen Dorf and Chris Pontius makes what must be his longest ever appearance on screen with all his clothes on..
  • kalel 18 Feb 2013 17:20:09 86,275 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Alipan wrote:
    The Dictator

If you set out to make a comedy that you know will offend half the audience you had better be sure the other half is laughing.

Was neither laughing or offended.

An embarrassment of sixth form humour and attempted shock value.

3/10.
    Oh yeah, I saw this at the weekend as well.

I think I had such low expectations that somehow it ended up kinda working for me. It definitely was a very bad film, but not quite in the realms of the likes of Rob Schneider or even recent Adam Sandler.

Think i'd go as high as a 5 if only for the helicopter scene which was actually really quite funny.
  • BinaryBob101 18 Feb 2013 17:20:32 22,278 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mr-Brett wrote:
    Pontypool

An very good film that made great use of a small cast and single location. The concept of the infection is strange but interesting. That probably didn't need to be spoilered but I went into the film knowing nothing about it just that people here said it was good and I think that helped as the mysterious events were being relayed back to the station.

High score.
    I love Pontypool, it seems to divide folk for some reason, but the premise is ingenious. Playing on the Horror channel at the moment.

Beautiful tender beings.

• BinaryBob101 18 Feb 2013 17:21:01 22,278 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Post deleted

Beautiful tender beings.

• Vortex808 18 Feb 2013 17:25:36 6,937 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fix?
  • Page

of 2704 First / Last