Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2120

• Page

of 2871 First / Last

• Deleted user 16 February 2013 08:45:17
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    In all seriousness, Mowgs, The entire scene by robert shaw on the boat and the rest is completely ad-libbed. get the DVD and watch the making of, it's well worth it!
    Yeah i seemed to know more trivia about it than any other film despite never having seen it. Was awesome, which I honestly didn't expect considering the age and hype.
  • captainrentboy 16 Feb 2013 09:50:56 1,109 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    A Good Day To Die Hard- Crappy Bollocks/100
    I had hoped everyone was wrong. They weren't. It's real shit.
    John McClane is now basically an old bald Superman. There's some kind of plot, which had big twists, but when the twists happened I didn't care or know what was happening.
    There was a 10 minute car chase, but 80% of that chase was dedicated to a shaky close up on someone's face, the other 20% was super zooms on car tyres. Brilliant.
    There were two action shots where you can make out what's actually happening. They're both in the trailer, in their entirety.
    Ohh and "Yippe Ki yay mother.." *Car Revving noise*
  • brainbird 16 Feb 2013 10:03:09 2,232 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    A Good Day To Die Hard - 3/10

Everything captainrentboy said up two posts is true. Seen it yesterday and it's bad. Wouldn't there be a Die Hard reference every now and then it would simply be a sub-standard action movie.
  • Kostabi 16 Feb 2013 10:13:49 5,100 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Walking Tall - 4/10

The Rock beats people up in a small corrupt town. It's alright but nothing I'd choose to ever see again.
  • speedofthepuma 16 Feb 2013 13:17:56 13,320 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Dark Knight Rises.

I am completely divided about this. As a stand alone film it is horribly flawed; it's far too long, the pacing is awful (my wife's opinion of the film was: "it just went on forever, I think it's never going to end"), I couldn't hear half of what Batman said (although I could hear Bane), and some of the action sequences were laughable.

As the final part of a trilogy and as a template for what I would like super-hero films to be it was excellent. Anne Hathaway was electrifying as Selina Kyle, symbolism was chucked about with happy abandon in a way I really enjoyed, and the narrative arc worked for me; I really felt hopeless when it wanted me to, and redemption when it wanted me to.

Nolan is going to need someone on his shoulder to stop him from becoming too self indulgent I think, he's almost been a bit too successful for his own good. He is clearly very talented though.

So an 8? This is EG after all?

I lurk. If I've spoken to you, I'm either impassioned, or drunk.

• Mola_Ram 16 Feb 2013 13:38:45 8,333 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Nolan is talented, but also irritating.
  • riceNpea 16 Feb 2013 13:41:20 592 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @speedofthepuma

why would you judge it as a stand alone film? of course it would be flawed.
  • OmniaVincitAmor 16 Feb 2013 17:53:52 1,587 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Avengers assemble. Big comic book fan, more of a dc guy though to be fair but watched this because of the positive reviews it received. Thought it was really disappointing. I guess if you are huge fans if any of the characters it would be more fun but for me just a long drawn out unoriginal story with a huge battle at the end for special fx pretties. Iron man obviously was the most interesting, villain was shit and just felt like lots of fan service moments thrown together to create a film.

4/10.

Defeat is not getting knocked down, but refusing to get back up.

• monkman76 16 Feb 2013 18:04:10 5,424 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Drive

Entertaining enough, but starts off trying too hard to be atmospheric with the long wordless pauses and ambient music, and becomes needlessly, depressingly violent. Don't get what the fuss is about.

6/10
  • oceanmotion 16 Feb 2013 18:07:49 16,129 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Like all Marvel films.

Did enjoy the hulk and iron man jokes but it was unbelievably dull. The part on the aircraft carrier, that was video game boring. Press the button Captain Pointless and protect me from the incoming enemies for 15 mins.
  • OmniaVincitAmor 16 Feb 2013 18:11:00 1,587 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    Like all Marvel films.

Did enjoy the hulk and iron man jokes but it was unbelievably dull. The part on the aircraft carrier, that was video game boring. Press the button Captain Pointless and protect me from the incoming enemies for 15 mins.
    Yeah totally. I remember it getting reviews saying it was the best comic book film of all time. What. The. Fuck.

Defeat is not getting knocked down, but refusing to get back up.

• wayneh 16 Feb 2013 18:24:30 2,394 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Watch Firefly then. It's better.
    I ordered Firefly and it's fantastic, why on earth was this cancelled?

Act like a dumbshit and they will treat you as an equal

• TechnoHippy 16 Feb 2013 18:27:58 14,716 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    wayneh wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Watch Firefly then. It's better.
    I ordered Firefly and it's fantastic, why on earth was this cancelled?
    Knowing the answer to this will reveal the secrets of the universe.

Madagascar 3 - Europe's Most Wanted

Good fun. Had me chuckling in a few places.

7/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Mr_Sleep 16 Feb 2013 19:11:47 17,396 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    Entertaining enough, but starts off trying too hard to be atmospheric with the long wordless pauses
    Never got to watch any Pinter :-)

You are a factory of sadness.

• TechnoHippy 16 Feb 2013 20:00:38 14,716 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sinister

Quite a good horror film. It's a little predictable, but an entertaining watch.

7/10

• riceNpea 16 Feb 2013 21:12:26 592 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    OmniaVincitAmor wrote:
    Avengers assemble. Big comic book fan, more of a dc guy though to be fair but watched this because of the positive reviews it received. Thought it was really disappointing. I guess if you are huge fans if any of the characters it would be more fun but for me just a long drawn out unoriginal story with a huge battle at the end for special fx pretties. Iron man obviously was the most interesting, villain was shit and just felt like lots of fan service moments thrown together to create a film.

4/10.
    i couldn't disagree more.

without going into it too deep Avengers was a triumph largely thanks to each main protagonist already starring in at least one recent stand alone film each. the seeds for this film were laid and Joss Whedon, being a knowledgeable and enthusiastic fan of the genre, took those seeds, nurtured them and did a marvellous job of recreating a comic book feel on camera. (a fucked up piece of imagery i grant you but i've had a drink/smoke/relevant excuse)

it's why DC's Justice League, which will inevitably be compared to this film, will never be as good. that's if it gets made because things aren't looking rosy right now. ironically that could be a blessing.

obviously there are many, many more reasons to back up my claim but i don't need them because at school i was one of the beautiful people and therefore my opinion wasn't questioned. i can also tell time using the stars and like breathing, dancing to a professional standard occurs to me at the subconscious level.
  • TechnoHippy 16 Feb 2013 21:35:34 14,716 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The House At The End Of The Street

An ok slasher film. Some nice cleavage going on.

6/10

• beastmaster 16 Feb 2013 22:15:21 12,021 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Princess Of Mars (Netflix US) - 2.5/10

A came across this by accident and decided to give it a go. I've not read the book but I'm certain it didn't have John Cater as a soldier in the middle east.

I can't compare it to John Carter (the Disney one) as I fell asleep a few times whilst I was watching this when I was watching it in bed. From what I can remember, JC jumps about a lot as he does in this film.

This one has Traci Lords in it not wearing very much. It's obviously got some kind of budget as they've at least had a crack at doing some effects all the way through the film.

Anyhow, I've heard a few people saying very positive things about A Boy And His Dog. I'm sure someone here's seen it. Is it a bit bonkers?

Edited by beastmaster at 22:15:57 16-02-2013

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• lordofthedunce 16 Feb 2013 22:26:47 381 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mystic River - 7.5 out of 10.
    Sad, dark film. Good plot, strange twist and some really odd side plot with Bacon's character and his wife... Still, a good film.
  • Nemesis 16 Feb 2013 22:45:02 18,752 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Argo

Crikey, that was a tense film start to finish. Really really well done, excellent acting throughout.

10/10.
  • Ged42 16 Feb 2013 23:17:19 7,812 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Warm Bodies 4/10

It's what I feared, the Twilight of the zombie world. A few good jokes (that are mostly in the trailer) rise it a little above Twilight but not by much.

I should have checked the age rating before entering, I mean a 12A zombie movie, thats never a good sign.
  • sirtacos 17 Feb 2013 01:11:42 7,378 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tremors

Good chemistry between the cast. Kevin Bacon is in a bromance with an older man with stubble and ruggedness. Suddenly, micro-earthquakes occur. A sexy seismologist is here to investigate. Things happen.
    Good fun.

7/10
  • speedofthepuma 17 Feb 2013 03:21:18 13,320 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    riceNpea wrote:
    @speedofthepuma

why would you judge it as a stand alone film? of course it would be flawed.
    Even as part of a trilogy it still ought to work as a contained piece of entertainment, surely? That's what I meant, perhaps I explained it poorly.

• Khanivor 17 Feb 2013 03:38:24 41,297 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Dredd - 7/10

Good budget film which only really suffered from being a budget movie. MC1 looked like Johanseberg with big tower blocks. Judges should not be going out to dispense justice in Toyota pickups; this is the future of America, not Somalia. The directing was also kind of limp and Cersie is a crap baddy.

Loved the treatment of Dredd though and while the scale was off the tone was pretty spot on, if a bit overly serious. I'd also have preferred if they spent some more money making MC1 look bigger than on all the gruesome body parts.

I'd love to see a sequel with more money, although, with the setting they have gone with I could see this being turned into a TV series with some success.
  • speedofthepuma 17 Feb 2013 04:10:23 13,320 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Did you flounce as you wrote that?

• Megapocalypse 17 Feb 2013 08:11:23 5,526 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Man on a Ledge - 4/10

Predictable and slightly boring.
  • Page

of 2871 First / Last