Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2112

• Page

of 2771 First / Last

• Trane 11 Feb 2013 16:06:50 4,053 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    And yet I thought it was quite a lot better than either of the 'Titan' films.

God they've made some shit 'epics' in the last few years.
  • Chupakun 11 Feb 2013 16:12:42 140 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dawn of the Dead

77%
  • imamazed 11 Feb 2013 16:15:57 5,628 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Chupakun wrote:
    Dawn of the Dead

77%
    Which one?

Because I won't accept any lower than 98% for the 1978 version.

(In fact, I won't accept any higher than about 35% for the 2004 version so either way I'm affronted)
  • ronuds 11 Feb 2013 16:22:42 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Battleship

It was pretty boring. I expected it to be a big, dumb, action-filled, typical Hollywood summer blockbuster, which it was, but the film was so utterly paint by numbers that I couldn't suck an ounce of enjoyment from it.

I could from Brooklyn Decker, though. Holy crap! She gets a 100 out of 100.

The movie gets 50.
  • Gruff 11 Feb 2013 19:57:10 2,869 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Comes a Bright Day 8/10 British thriller, understated and well played, a nice surprise.

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• Lotos8ter 11 Feb 2013 20:16:56 2,360 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Flight 6/10

Enjoyable enough with some really gratuitous Nadine Velazquez front bum at the start but a bit muddled. Elements of disaster movie, love story, addiction and courtroom drama all rolled into one. Worth a watch, no more, no less.

Fiat Lux

• beastmaster 11 Feb 2013 20:28:11 11,418 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Butter (US Netflix)

A film about an adopted young girl who ends up in a butter carving contest against the wife of a former multi-winning champion at the town's annual contest.

Doesn't sound that great at all but it's actually not that bad for the first half where it's pretty funny. It's got a decent cast (Jennifer Garner, Ashley Green, Olivia Wilde, Alicia Silverstone and Hugh Jackman) and although it's based around a butter carving contest, it's not really what it's about.

Olive Wilde steals the show as a stripper who doesn't have a heart of gold. She gets all the best lines and also gets to have a lesbian scene with Ashley Green, Most of the humour and 'good stuff' is in the first half of the film.

The second half descends into the usual schmaltz and then some. About the time both Olivia and Ashley are no longer needed and are only in the film for fleeting moments. That's probably just a coincidence though.

Overall the film is something a bit different from what I usually watch. It's perfectly watchable and at times very funny. Although it does retain some of this humour in the second half of the film, it's probably not really worth watching unless your a big fan of Olivia Wilde.

Edited by beastmaster at 20:29:18 11-02-2013

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Deleted user 11 February 2013 20:31:16
    Argo 9. Excellent, very tense and I enjoyed it so much more because I didn't know the story but knew it was from a true one.

Now either flight or drive for 3rd time...
  • Deleted user 11 February 2013 20:40:22
    Lotos8ter wrote:
    Flight 6/10

Enjoyable enough with some really gratuitous Nadine Velazquez front bum at the start but a bit muddled. Elements of disaster movie, love story, addiction and courtroom drama all rolled into one. Worth a watch, no more, no less.
    The only thing that I found wrong with that film was Denzel sucking his teeth constantly like they were about to fall out.
  • Deleted user 11 February 2013 20:41:19
    The thing I found wrong with that film was everything after the crash.
  • Deleted user 11 February 2013 20:41:28
    Except perhaps John Goodman.
  • Deleted user 11 February 2013 20:45:44
    It was ok but it was an hour too long.
  • Gambit1977 11 Feb 2013 21:03:02 9,712 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Argo. Simply brilliant. The feel of the period is completely spot on, and Affleck really is a superb film maker. Weird, I used to totally dislike the fella and his movies.
  • beastmaster 11 Feb 2013 21:10:06 11,418 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mr Affleck is turning into a superb filmmaker. I have yet to see Gone Baby Gone but I've read a lot of good things about it. Seems as though a lot of people here like it.

Not long till he shows up again in Terrence Malick's To the Wonder which looks magnificent.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Deleted user 11 February 2013 21:13:15
    Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Not seen it before, really enjoyed it although not much seemed to actually happen at any point through the film.

What annoyed me was that it is slated as a PG13+ so I watched it with my lad and other than a couple of bloody scenes all was going well. Until Benjamin turns into a kid and throws the F-Bomb around in one scene right towards the end of the film.

Very petty fault and probably my own fault for sticking with it but a hearty 6/10 for a tale that sort of told a 3hr story and ended up being the short-story that it originally was.

Oh, but Tilda Swinton - phwoar.
  • Gambit1977 11 Feb 2013 21:14:29 9,712 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @beastmaster definitely watch Gone Baby Gone mate. It's quite hard going but very very good.
  • Gambit1977 11 Feb 2013 21:22:10 9,712 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tilda Swinton is dual gender. Surely?
  • Deleted user 11 February 2013 21:29:48
    Goodfella wrote:
    Ironlungs76 wrote:

Each to their own but, seriously?!
    Oh yeah, seriously.

/stiffles pant area
  • Deleted user 11 February 2013 21:31:54
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    Tilda Swinton is dual gender. Surely?
    Ummm, I'm guessing no. Although in her case I could probably overlook such an issue.
  • sirtacos 12 Feb 2013 01:05:06 7,280 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Thing (original)

Creepy, disgusting and hilarious all in one!
    Also, Kurt Russell!
    I will never forget the husky scene.
    However, from its status as one of the top horror movies of all time, I expected a bit more.

I think part of the failure is mine - I'm a bit late to the party with iconic films like The Thing and Alien (I like Alien better). They've influenced pop culture & cinema so much that seeing them now takes away some of the impact.

7/10

Edited by sirtacos at 01:09:46 12-02-2013
  • woodnotes 12 Feb 2013 01:35:10 4,925 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Skyfall - 8/10

Lovely to look at, but nowhere near living up to the hype. Didn't feel like a Bond at all to me - far too much of a focussed plot around M with none of the mystery and conspiracy of any of the classic movies. I mean.. no secret volcano bunkers! Really! That said, it was fun, in a Die Hard 4.0 kind of way. And now M has gone, they can get back to the proper stories again.

Also couldn't stand the abysmal acting from Eve Moneypenny (Naomie Harris) - she seemed weak and very out of place, almost like she'd stepped right out of Holby City to join the Skyfall cast at the last minute. Maybe more at home in Doctor Who than Bond. Definitely no chemistry between her and Craig, felt forced and awkward.

Brave - 7/10

Felt a little more Dreamworks than Pixar, but still in the upper echelon of computer-animated movies. Not enough chortles for me, but the GF certainly seemed to like it. Perhaps she wants to be a ginger princess?

Edited by woodnotes at 01:36:15 12-02-2013
  • Blakester 12 Feb 2013 12:49:55 3,621 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ironlungs76 wrote:

I concur, but couldn't really tell you why....

Just something about her, especially in that film.

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• evild_edd 12 Feb 2013 12:59:31 3,115 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @sirtacos

FYI, Carpenter's Thing is not technically "the original" as it's a remake of The Thing From Another World (oft referred to as simply 'The Thing').

It is an amazing movie. I really need to see it again!

Why look, it's a blog:
    http://www.edwardlaven.blogspot.co.uk

• kalel 12 Feb 2013 13:01:40 87,753 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Blakester wrote:
    Ironlungs76 wrote:

I concur, but couldn't really tell you why....

Just something about her, especially in that film.
    Basically, you're both latent homosexuals.
  • thedaveeyres 12 Feb 2013 13:11:29 11,092 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hotel Transylvania

Genndy Tartakovsky (Samurai Jack) keeps Pixar honest. Brilliant.

9/10

D****** ******r

XBLA: Hamster Trippin
    Steam: thedaveeyres
    PSN: HamsterTrippin

• nickthegun 12 Feb 2013 13:12:23 59,970 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I thought she was a dude in constantine. The girl you go to when you can't get blanchett.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• nickthegun 12 Feb 2013 13:14:10 59,970 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    thedaveeyres wrote:
    Hotel Transylvania

Genndy Tartakovsky (Samurai Jack) keeps Pixar honest. Brilliant.

9/10
    I enjoyed it more than my daughter because it's very reference heavy.

And thankfully Adam Sandler doesn't sound like Adam Sandler so you can eventually enjoy it.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Page

of 2771 First / Last