Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2093

• Page

of 2705 First / Last

• Mr_Sleep 31 Jan 2013 13:43:12 16,841 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mikeck wrote:
    I watched the Van Damne classic AWOL when I was 12...I remember thinking it was the coolest thing ever.
    Well, it kind of is.

I think the Village was the worst of Shayamalan's for the big twist being obvious almost from the off. It's actually quite a good film in places but the last half hour is so pointless.

You are a factory of sadness.

• TarickStonefire 31 Jan 2013 13:44:00 2,897 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @kalel
    Also Superman 3.
    The crazy robot lady at the end?

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• TarickStonefire 31 Jan 2013 13:44:47 2,897 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    I think the Village was the worst of Shayamalan's for the big twist being obvious almost from the off. It's actually quite a good film in places but the last half hour is so pointless.

Um... I was not expecting that till she climbed the fence.

/sheepish

EDIT: even when you realise who/what the monster is, I still didn't twig why he'd been doing it.

Does it restore my credibility any that I can identify whodunnit on CSI the moment they utter their first line?

Edited by TarickStonefire at 13:46:27 31-01-2013

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• MetalDog 31 Jan 2013 14:01:18 23,708 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @kalel
    Hulk changing moment is scary because of the sound as much as anything, I reckon. Before he changes you usually got the orchestral tension music and when it kicks in that high-pitched whine followed by a really creepy chorus (like here). It really sold it to me as a nipper =D

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• mikeck 31 Jan 2013 14:30:58 1,903 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    mikeck wrote:
    I watched the Van Damne classic AWOL when I was 12...I remember thinking it was the coolest thing ever.
    Well, it kind of is.

Ha, it's very much still a guilty pleasure of mine.

I think The Village was okay, mostly because of Pheonix though, ending wasn't hugely shocking, but still okay.

I prefer Unbreakable and Signs as my M. Night pleasures :)
  • Deckard1 31 Jan 2013 14:39:20 27,143 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Signs may well be my most hated film ever. Mainly because it so good for the first 2 thirds, and then proceeds to wipe its cock all over you face going "ha ha you fucking idiot, I can't believe I made you think this was going somewhere you twat" in the final third.

Still, not as bad as The Lovely Bones though.
  • mikeck 31 Jan 2013 14:45:58 1,903 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    and then proceeds to wipe its cock all over you face going "ha ha you fucking idiot
    That's why I liked it ;)

I know what you mean, it did peter off, but I still enjoy it for the first 2/3 which were great.
  • TheSaint 31 Jan 2013 14:47:27 14,199 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I quite liked it as well but not sure I could take a Mel Gibson film these days.
  • MightyMetalMonkey 31 Jan 2013 14:52:35 600 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Hulk and Littlest Hobo actually had a very similar vibe.
    Now there's a cross-over I want to see more than Godzilla Vs Bambi...
  • Deleted user 31 January 2013 14:57:01
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    @kalel
    Also Superman 3.
    God, I'd managed to block that out. Proper terrifying.
  • LeoliansBro 31 Jan 2013 15:01:10 43,227 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Littlest Hobo is one of the best karaoke songs ever.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• rtk79 31 Jan 2013 15:03:21 488 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've just finished watching John Ford's The Horse Soldiers. A 1959 Technicolor Civil War film starring John Wayne and William Holden (in his sole Ford appearance, I believe). Like most of Ford's later stuff, this is a fairly slow-moving, casual affair, in which Ford feels he has nothing to prove, but enjoys the ride nonetheless. It's obviously not as stunning as My Darling Clementine or The Searchers, nor as serene as She Wore a Little Yellow Ribbon, but it does have a few brilliant scenes (the military camp life at the beginning and "the children's crusade later" on). Great colour work as well. Worth a watch if you're a John Ford / John Wayne / old school Hollywood fan.
  • Mr_Sleep 31 Jan 2013 15:03:32 16,841 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mikeck wrote:
    Ha, it's very much still a guilty pleasure of mine.

I think The Village was okay, mostly because of Pheonix though, ending wasn't hugely shocking, but still okay.

I prefer Unbreakable and Signs as my M. Night pleasures :)
    Don't be guilty about it mate, I still like many of those Van Damme films, that one with Lance Henrikson in it is amazing. Look at the hair do. Brilliant!

Oh and Unbreakable is definitely his best film for me, I love the scene with his son and the gun.

• Deleted user 31 January 2013 15:07:42
    V/H/S 5%

Quite possibly the biggest piece of shit I seen since I flushed the toilet after eating at nandos. Absolutely no redeeming characters Each story was crap and the effects used to make it seem like a old video were rubbish.

Sinister 69%

Enjoyed more the second time watching it. Basic ghost'em up with some great sound work and the super 8 tapes were great. Definitely had its moments but wrapped up a little too quickly.

Looper 92%

Probably my favorite film of last year. Absolutely excellent stuff. Love the overall shite quality of the future and the small things like the eye-drop drugs, the amount of vagrants and the blunderbuss.

Ted 50%

Another word with three letters is Meh.
  • evild_edd 31 Jan 2013 15:19:21 3,011 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    @kalel
    Also Superman 3.
    Just for you, fellas. Can't say I ever found this distressing, but imagine it's something to do with the eyes....

Why look, it's a blog:
    http://www.edwardlaven.blogspot.co.uk

• nickthegun 31 Jan 2013 15:44:29 58,782 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I used to put pegs on my fingers and chase my brother round, pretending to be that robot. He was absolutely petrified of her.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• mikeck 31 Jan 2013 15:51:44 1,903 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @nickthegun YOU MONSTER!!!
  • macmurphy 31 Jan 2013 15:53:16 999 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Flight

One of the best opening half hours of any movie ever. The crash is a stunning piece of work. Loses it's way a bit half way through but still thoroughly watchable, great Goodman role.

80%
  • Deleted user 31 January 2013 15:58:28
    evild_edd wrote:
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    @kalel
    Also Superman 3.
    Just for you, fellas. Can't say I ever found this distressing, but imagine it's something to do with the eyes....

*Ahem* yes well. I was only wee.
  • Trane 31 Jan 2013 16:18:56 4,050 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    I saw a few things when I was far too young - Robocop, Candyman and Terminator all spring to mind - and they did have pretty profound affects on me. I wouldn't say they've given me problems as such, but I certainly didn't enjoy them as a mature adult would have, and Candyman was deeply disturbing in a not fun way.
    I remember joining scouts at the age of 11, a few months in we went on a midnight hike on a Friday night. This consisted of watching candyman in complete darkness in the scout hall til about 11 o'clock, then going for 10ish mile walk, before going back to the scout hall at 1-2am and watching children of the corn and trying to get to sleep. As you can imagine the older boys thought it hilarious to keep scaring us throughout the hike.

The only time I've ever been genuinely scared by a film. I honestly think it's really desensitised me from horror films now, nothing really phases me which is kind of a shame =/
  • GuiltySpark 31 Jan 2013 16:23:09 6,320 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Lost Boys was the first horror that I saw, I was about 10. I still love that film.

Get bent.

• MetalDog 31 Jan 2013 16:29:33 23,708 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I can only remember two horror films seriously fucking with my head as a nipper. One was a Hammer film, I think (maybe Amicus), about a neanderthal skeleton that started growing its flesh back when it got wet.

The other was the fetish doll segment in Trilogy of Terror which resulted in many years of turning the light off, then doing a run and jump onto the bed because it could have been hiding underneath it.

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• Mola_Ram 31 Jan 2013 16:48:32 6,960 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    First one I remember was IT. The one with the evil clown.
  • Mr_Sleep 31 Jan 2013 16:57:47 16,841 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    First one I remember was IT. The one with the evil clown.
    I still have the image of that kid getting sucked into a pipe stuck in my head. Horrible.

• nickthegun 31 Jan 2013 17:02:35 58,782 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think there was something seriously wrong with my dad because he let us watch literally anything from the age of about 7 or 8. When I was 8 I was off with chicken pox so he got me some films to watch while I was off. He got Michael Jacksons Moonwalker and Blue Jean Cop. Seriously dad, what the hell?

By the time I hit senior school I couldnt understand why none of my class mates had seen the complete works of arnie when I had seen every 80s action film released.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Deleted user 31 January 2013 17:08:10
    Mole going into the Wild Woods in the claymation Wind in the Willows shit me right up, and that's something actually designed for kids.
  • kalel 31 Jan 2013 17:13:07 86,331 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Watcher in the Woods was very scary and also for kids. And Watership Down of course.
  • mikeck 31 Jan 2013 17:14:31 1,903 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    As a kid I remember visiting my Dad at weekends and watching films on laser discs! Thing is I don't remember him having many, so I seemed to have watched Blade Runner, Lucky Luke and Raiders of the Lost Ark repeatedly (this would have been when I was about 12/23 too) :)

I also used to watch Terminator 2 on fairly regular (almost weekly) basis with my mates when I was 13/14.

Loved watching films I wasn't supposed too growing up :D
  • Deleted user 31 January 2013 17:14:52
  • woodnotes 31 Jan 2013 17:23:16 4,921 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Signs may well be my most hated film ever. Mainly because it so good for the first 2 thirds, and then proceeds to wipe its cock all over you face going "ha ha you fucking idiot, I can't believe I made you think this was going somewhere you twat" in the final third.

Still, not as bad as The Lovely Bones though.
    Isn't that M Night Shayamalamanam's trademark?
  • Page

of 2705 First / Last