Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2091

• Page

of 2753 First / Last

• Deleted user 30 January 2013 19:14:45
    It is a tricky one, my kids not that age yet so it isn't fair to pass judgement. I cant see a good reason to let a twelve year old watch most 18s, in fact a lot of 15s...
    Other 15s though are arguably fine like perhaps the hurt locker??

Edit - Please don't ruin recent films randomly.

Edited by Scurrminator at 21:08:32 30-01-2013
  • Deleted user 30 January 2013 19:19:43
    The first 18-rated movie I watched was Robocop and I was still at middle school so probably about 12. I came out Ok.

/twitches
  • B0rked_Gamer 30 Jan 2013 19:21:29 2,577 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I watched da fing when I was 13. I hated it.
  • Deleted user 30 January 2013 19:25:08
    I also remember my brother and I watching TV with my dad but he fell asleep while we sat terrified through Stephen King's The Fog.
  • B0rked_Gamer 30 Jan 2013 19:26:28 2,577 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The John Carpenter movie? Perhaps I'm losing my mind but Stephen King had nothing to do with it.

Edited by B0rked_Gamer at 19:27:29 30-01-2013
  • Deleted user 30 January 2013 19:41:07
    Yeah you're right. Carpenter not King.
  • Madder-Max 30 Jan 2013 19:42:15 11,641 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    He wrote a story called the fog. Think it was in the bachman books when he was writing as richard bachman

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Madder-Max 30 Jan 2013 19:43:08 11,641 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Or was it the mist?

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Jono62 30 Jan 2013 19:51:28 14,073 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    First 18 I watched was Nightmare on Elm Street when I was 11. Suffice to say I didn't sleep well that night!
  • B0rked_Gamer 30 Jan 2013 19:52:28 2,577 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    James Herbert wrote a book called The Fog. King wrote The Mist.
  • Tonka 30 Jan 2013 20:20:32 20,246 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Blotto wrote:
    @nickthegun

What adverts that? Must have missed this.
    How I wish I didn't watch that...
    🙈

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Tonka 30 Jan 2013 20:22:11 20,246 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Swingers is a bonafide classic and still quite unique. Things like the Hangover try so hard to emulate the formula, but just miss the mark.
    Do you really see a connection between swinger's and the hangover?

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• speedofthepuma 30 Jan 2013 20:40:28 13,286 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Pepsipop

Thanks for a spoiler about End of Watch there, fancy tagging it for other people?

I lurk. If I've spoken to you, I'm either impassioned, or drunk.

• Deleted user 30 January 2013 21:12:35
    :) if you seen the film you know mentioned monent isn't any more of a spoiler than if you ever watch a trailer of any film you ever see.
  • guts 30 Jan 2013 21:50:24 1,690 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    I knew someone would mention that. I'm pretty sure it's up to him what he lets his kids see.
    I agree, it's up to him.

First off, his post reads a bit like baiting for a comment on the age rating.
    Secondly the reply to it wasn't condemning at all.
    Thirdly, it seems you want to express specific things about parenting, which makes me curious about your point of view.

So I agree that parents should be responsible for their children and thus they decide how to raise them. But that doesn't mean that you can't comment on another parent's way of raising their children, especially if it is in a reasonable fashion, do you agree?
    I wasn't really paying attention to what I was typing properly due to me being on my phone in the works toilet expecting an air horn to blast through the door as I had changed the buttons on a colleagues keyboard to spell u-penis. across the top row of letters.
    It is a 15 rated film, and I did warn her that it had some gory images in it. After a recent sleepover where her and a few mates watched woman in black and another one where they watched shaun of the dead and came out unscathed I decided that this film would not present any lasting damage to her. She is also now at secondary school so no amount of swearing shocks her and I know she swears among her friends as we all did when we were young and thought we were billy big bollocks, but she understands manners and I have only heard her swear mildly a couple of times for which she got told off.
    On a side note, the first scary as shit film I watched was american warewolf in london, which may not seem too bad but I was only eight. My older brother and me sat on the stairs and watched it through the doorway without our parents knowing when we were supposed to be in bed. Scared the living shit out of me, and my brother tried to help me get over it by making me watch the ending where they kill the warewolf so I knew it had gone... didn't work. I still find warewolf films quite unnerving, even really shit sequels to american warewolf in london so I really wouldn't let her watch something if I thought it would affect her.
    Also, before I go and let this thread go back to normal, I don't let her play certain games since finding her enjoying shooting people in the face (in red dead redemption) a little too much and have the parental controls set on the xbox so i can control what she does and doesn't play, and I apologise for the lack of capital letters in the film titles but I can't be arsed to go back and correct it now. And I have no problem with people commenting on anything I post on here as long as long as it is within reason.

Whassamattayou, whyoulookasosad, itsanicaplace, itsanotsobad, heyshaddupayourface.

• mrpon 30 Jan 2013 21:56:56 28,790 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    guts wrote I wasn't really paying attention to what I was typing properly due to me being on my phone in the works toilet expecting an air horn to blast through the door as I had changed the buttons on a colleagues keyboard to spell u-penis. across the top row of letters.
    Dad of the year! ;)

Edited by mrpon at 21:57:25 30-01-2013

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• Blaketown 30 Jan 2013 22:15:48 4,645 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    HairyArse wrote:
    The first 18-rated movie I watched was Robocop and I was still at middle school so probably about 12. I came.

/twitches
    That's a bit much!

Brap, brap, old chap.

• wizbob 30 Jan 2013 22:26:21 779 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just watched Young Adult and it was painfully hilarious. Charlize Theron is more of a monster than she was in Monster. And the guy from Big Fan is also excellent.
  • guts 30 Jan 2013 22:31:17 1,690 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    guts wrote I wasn't really paying attention to what I was typing properly due to me being on my phone in the works toilet expecting an air horn to blast through the door as I had changed the buttons on a colleagues keyboard to spell u-penis. across the top row of letters.
    Dad of the year! ;)
    Is that one of the Eurogamer awards that I can add to my signature?

Whassamattayou, whyoulookasosad, itsanicaplace, itsanotsobad, heyshaddupayourface.

• Gruff 30 Jan 2013 22:36:14 2,855 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Damned United 7/10 Rewatched it again after I turned it off after 30 mins a while back.

The actors they chose as footballers are a joke, (Bremner WTF) but got on with the Bromance between Clough and Taylor better, even though most of it was made up. Michael Sheen was epic as Cloughie.

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• Gruff 30 Jan 2013 22:37:32 2,855 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    wizbob wrote:
    Just watched Young Adult and it was painfully hilarious. Charlize Theron is more of a monster than she was in Monster. And the guy from Big Fan is also excellent.
    Agreed, I thought this was a top movie with great performances.

Edited by Gruff at 23:12:00 30-01-2013

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• sirtacos 31 Jan 2013 06:43:16 7,276 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Good, The Bad & The Weird

Korean Western set in WW2 Manchuria.

It's an action/comedy. It's a much better comedy than it is an action film.
    I laughed out loud a few times, but the action bored me. None of the gunfights or chases are exciting. They're all overlong and don't have any weight to them. In this sense they remind me of the last Pirates of the Caribbean flick... (like a theme park ride with no sense of danger.)

Song Kang-ho (the fat bloke) is the highlight.
    (He was in Thirst and Memories of Murder - both of which are very good films.)
    Without him, this movie would have been a huge bore for me.

As it is, it's a passable romp that would have greatly benefitted from tighter editing.

5.5/10
  • Scurrminator 31 Jan 2013 09:14:12 8,405 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    :) if you seen the film you know mentioned monent isn't any more of a spoiler than if you ever watch a trailer of any film you ever see.
    It was a spoiler hence why I edited your post.
    I have the film on my LoveFilm rental list. I have seen no trailers for it.
    Use spoiler tags in this thread - everyone else does.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• kalel 31 Jan 2013 09:19:46 87,180 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That post about why it isn't a spoiler, is a spoiler.
  • spindle9988 31 Jan 2013 09:26:21 3,530 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    God I hate spoilers. My next door neighbour told me the end to cruel intentions yeras ago and I didnt talk to her for about 3 weeks
  • evild_edd 31 Jan 2013 09:38:46 3,091 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    evild_edd wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    I'm fairly convinced every one of us on this thread was watching 18 rated films at the age of twelve.
    My sister made me watch John Carpenter's The Thing when I was about nine. All these years later, I'm still not sure whether I should have thanked her or cursed her.... (Watched most of it by peeking round the corner of a cushion)

I miss the days when films could genuinely terrify me. Once lost, it can never be regained :0(
    My God, that's some form of cruelty making a nine year old watch the thing, it's still a pretty horrible and suspenseful watch.
    In fairness, she hadn't seen it before either. I don't think anyone in that room was quite prepared for what they were about to see (she would've been 14/15)

The bit where the dog's head explodes is right up there with Michael Myers' breathing at the end of Halloween as film moments that have kept me awake through sheer terror. I miss the fear.

Why look, it's a blog:
    http://www.edwardlaven.blogspot.co.uk

• Mola_Ram 31 Jan 2013 09:52:38 7,266 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    spindle9988 wrote:
    God I hate spoilers. My next door neighbour told me the end to cruel intentions yeras ago and I didnt talk to her for about 3 weeks
    My mum spoiled the ending to the Sixth Sense about a decade ago. We're still not talking.
  • spindle9988 31 Jan 2013 10:15:37 3,530 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I also knew the ending to 6th sense before I watched it. Was in the canteen at my old job and some twat blurted it out. I have alweys wished that I could delete the part of my brain that watched it to see if I would of guessed the ending.
  • Deckard1 31 Jan 2013 10:19:18 27,773 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I guessed the ending before I watched it. Luckily the film was shit so it didn't matter.

Hush you ponce

• magicpanda 31 Jan 2013 11:59:47 13,347 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Duncan Jones is directing a live action Warcraft movie (O_o)
  • Page

of 2753 First / Last