Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2090

• Page

of 2800 First / Last

• Mola_Ram 29 Jan 2013 23:27:16 7,644 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Weirdest part of that movie for me was Cohagen and his magical powers of teleportation.
  • mrpon 29 Jan 2013 23:28:59 29,183 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not to mention that barnet.

Give yourself £5 or Ĺ gig, you're worth it.

• captbirdseye 30 Jan 2013 00:20:06 5,088 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    TOOTR wrote:
    As a matter of interest have any of the EG forumites (always makes me think of Hellraiser that phrase) actually been to film school?

Apart from me?
    I study film at University, but it is more the theory side of things rather than actually shooting film.
    Same and now make corporate/government videos....sigh!
  • Psychotext 30 Jan 2013 01:45:19 54,391 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    [B]Trust (2010) - 8/10[/B]

I've put of watching this one for quite some time now. Really hard to watch in places, but a very well done film.
  • Deleted user 30 January 2013 06:53:54
    A Mighty Heart (2007) 7/10

The film came as part of a 3 DVD box set containing Babel (8/10), and Munich (9/10) - a bargain picked up for £2.50 from Cex might I add.

A Mighty Heart was the weakest of the three films. It stars Angelina Jolie, and she is the weakest link, acting wise. Where as the rest of the cast Ďfit iní and add to the films atmosphere, Angelina looks like some sort of mannequin, paralysed in the face, only about to move her eyes. She also puts on a voice that sounds, err how to put, put on..

Story: Angelinaís reporter husband goes missing. He has been kidnapped by terrorists. They have to find him. What will be the outcome. Thatís about it really. Not as good as Babel, and no where near as good as the excellent Munich.

Spoiler: There is no happy ending. Angelinaís reporter husband winds up having his head cut off (they donít show this though). Hearing this news, offers Angelina the opportunity to move more than just her eyes, she manages to move other facial muscles to, proving she isnít paralysed in the face.

Edited by blacksea at 06:54:13 30-01-2013
  • Tonka 30 Jan 2013 07:38:17 20,749 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Post deleted

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• imamazed 30 Jan 2013 09:23:25 5,784 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Swingers

Bleddy Fantastic. Real dialogue, relatable characters and a lack of cliche make this a thoroughly enjoyable picture. Will be watching again.

5*
  • nickthegun 30 Jan 2013 09:32:53 60,415 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I thought the new Total Recall was OK. The first hour is pretty decent, it looks amazing and the premise is quite interesting. When it turns into Generic Chase Movie Pt. 387 it falls apart somewhat but it really isnít as bad as everyone makes out. I still donít know how Biel keeps getting movies, though. She sucks the life out of literally everything ive ever seen her in (although, to be fair all the films I have seen her in have sucked out loud; next, stealth, blade 3Ö)

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Deckard1 30 Jan 2013 09:36:28 28,680 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah Swingers is great. I love the bit where they're playing ice hockey on the mega drive.
  • nickthegun 30 Jan 2013 09:42:58 60,415 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was quite impressed that money supermarket based an entire ad campaign on it.

• JuanKerr 30 Jan 2013 09:46:41 36,295 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'll never fucking forgive money supermarket for that. Jon Favreau must be spinning around in his grave.
  • nickthegun 30 Jan 2013 09:52:28 60,415 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It was quite ballsy, though. Adopting a catchphrase from a movie hardly anyone has seen.

Not that im a hipster or anything but I can imagine 99% of people thinking 'What the hell is this shit and, Jesus, vince vaughan has let himself go'

• Madder-Max 30 Jan 2013 17:01:11 11,660 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Wrong turn 5. 7/10

Its allright. Proper gore fest but not as fucked up as 4. Couple of plot holes but it is exactly what u expect it to be

99 problems and being ginger is one

• Blotto 30 Jan 2013 17:05:32 2,776 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @nickthegun

What adverts that? Must have missed this.
  • kalel 30 Jan 2013 17:06:17 88,336 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Swingers is a bonafide classic and still quite unique. Things like the Hangover try so hard to emulate the formula, but just miss the mark.
  • Mr_Sleep 30 Jan 2013 17:11:37 17,171 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Swingers is a bonafide classic and still quite unique. Things like the Hangover try so hard to emulate the formula, but just miss the mark.
    I have rewatched it a few times over the years after being quite obsessed with it for a while, I do wonder if it's a film that holds up now as I suspect I have rose tinted glasses where Swingers is concerned.

You are a factory of sadness.

• nickthegun 30 Jan 2013 17:24:46 60,415 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Blotto wrote:
    @nickthegun

What adverts that? Must have missed this.

• glaeken 30 Jan 2013 17:25:04 11,220 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Mr_Sleep I actually only saw it for the first time a couple of years ago and can barely remember it. I do not understand the hype for it at all.

Of course I had heard it was meant to be something special before watching it so that cursed it.
  • kalel 30 Jan 2013 17:25:28 88,336 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nah, it definitely holds up.
  • guts 30 Jan 2013 17:38:06 1,690 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My daughter and me were off school/work on Monday, and after a. Couple of hours of spongebob and i-carlton I decides we should watch a film. She is 12 and she chose it. I have seen it several times before but Em hadn't. Anyway, due to a fair amount of swearing, gore and funny shot she gives Zombieland 100%

Whassamattayou, whyoulookasosad, itsanicaplace, itsanotsobad, heyshaddupayourface.

• Deleted user 30 January 2013 17:42:52
    Isn't that an 18 and really violent? Cant remember as saw it years ago.
  • GuiltySpark 30 Jan 2013 17:43:40 6,421 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I knew someone would mention that. I'm pretty sure it's up to him what he lets his kids see.

Get bent.

• Mr_Sleep 30 Jan 2013 17:55:57 17,171 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Nah, it definitely holds up.
    My girlfriend has never seen it so maybe I'll convince her to give it a watch and see what she thinks. We have pretty similar tastes most of the time so it might be a decent barometer.

• Mr_Sleep 30 Jan 2013 18:03:45 17,171 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm fairly convinced every one of us on this thread was watching 18 rated films at the age of twelve.

• Dangerous_Dan 30 Jan 2013 18:06:12 2,378 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    I knew someone would mention that. I'm pretty sure it's up to him what he lets his kids see.
    I agree, it's up to him.

First off, his post reads a bit like baiting for a comment on the age rating.
    Secondly the reply to it wasn't condemning at all.
    Thirdly, it seems you want to express specific things about parenting, which makes me curious about your point of view.

So I agree that parents should be responsible for their children and thus they decide how to raise them. But that doesn't mean that you can't comment on another parent's way of raising their children, especially if it is in a reasonable fashion, do you agree?

Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 18:07:02 30-01-2013
  • Deleted user 30 January 2013 18:19:08
    Robin Hood (Russel Crowe)

S' alright. A bit too serious for its own good, and overall a bit flat. Nothing really here for the kids. As its moments though, and some of the political side i enjoyed. The start of its way to convoluted, but by the end its does get to where it wants. The middle of it starts to open and lighten up , and the film becomes a much better film for it.

Problem is, i always had Gladiator in my mind. Which was a perfect match of film, violence, panache, entertainment and fuck yeah moment. And this wasn't that. Its a bit unfair on RH for that, but the film is a passable watch

5/10
  • askew 30 Jan 2013 18:44:32 12,412 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FWIW, Zombieland's a 15. It's entertaining enough. 6/10.
  • evild_edd 30 Jan 2013 19:03:27 3,132 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    I'm fairly convinced every one of us on this thread was watching 18 rated films at the age of twelve.
    My sister made me watch John Carpenter's The Thing when I was about nine. All these years later, I'm still not sure whether I should have thanked her or cursed her.... (Watched most of it by peeking round the corner of a cushion)

I miss the days when films could genuinely terrify me. Once lost, it can never be regained :0(

Why look, it's a blog:
    http://www.edwardlaven.blogspot.co.uk

• Mr_Sleep 30 Jan 2013 19:09:21 17,171 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    evild_edd wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    My sister made me watch John Carpenter's The Thing when I was about nine. All these years later, I'm still not sure whether I should have thanked her or cursed her.... (Watched most of it by peeking round the corner of a cushion)

I miss the days when films could genuinely terrify me. Once lost, it can never be regained :0(
    My God, that's some form of cruelty making a nine year old watch the thing, it's still a pretty horrible and suspenseful watch.

• Steve_Perry 30 Jan 2013 19:10:49 4,526 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The thing is fucking brilliant.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• Page

of 2800 First / Last