Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2076

• Page

of 2840 First / Last

• greg_wha 19 Jan 2013 13:54:03 192 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Headhunters

9/10

Excellent film; haven't seen a 90 minute flick as good in ages.
  • TechnoHippy 19 Jan 2013 13:54:51 14,719 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Why would you waste a good piece of meat? :-)

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• oldschoolsoviet 19 Jan 2013 15:25:23 5,531 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wow.

Detachment - 9/10

From trailers it looked like a black humoured comical affair, and instead I found an interesting and slightly heavy drama. Definitely a recommended watch. Best thing I've watched in ages.

End of Watch - 6/10

Cops. Doing cop stuff. Brotherhood and that. Meh.

The Hobbit and whatever subtitle or sub heading this particular division has - 8/10

Think I read it at an early age, and bits and bobs came flooding back as I watched this, so that helped along with being a sucker for fantasy. Wasn't exactly keen on the forced humour points ("That'll do it" /rollseyes), the pervading darkness throughout, and thon fight through the mine/lair was far too cluttered and busy for tired eyes.
  • beastmaster 19 Jan 2013 20:23:49 11,794 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Beverly Hills Cop 2 - 7/10

Daft, silly, stupid fun. Before what was the travesty of the third film. They're doing a TV series now and I've kind of got high hopes for it not being utter shit.

Jackie Brown - 8/10

Remember watching it when it first came out at cinemas and hating it. Now I'm older and wiser and think it's a superb film.

Django Unchained tomorrow. and possibly Texas Chainsaw 3D. It's horror. I've got to watch it.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• jonsaan 19 Jan 2013 21:30:41 25,435 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    50/50

8/10

My wife thinks it was an odd film for my friend to lend me.

FCUTA!

• craigy Staff 19 Jan 2013 22:23:51 7,767 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Django Unchained: 9/10

Very, very good, except Tarantino still needs a slightly more insistent editor to trim the fat.
  • Deleted user 19 January 2013 23:17:30
    My Date With Drew (2004) I donít know/10

Itís not all bad.. Itís not all good.. One thing is for sure, itís low budget, but that really doesnít matter.

Brian Herzlinger has a crush on Drew (Drew Barrymore). He wants a date, and he turns the idea of getting a date into a film project, as Brian is 27 and just out of film school. Brian has $1100 at his disposal, which he won on a TV game show.

This isnít a film I tried desperately hard to find. To be honest I never knew of itís existence. I happened to be in Cex, and spotted the film going for 25p ..and at 25p it looked like fun.

In short Brian hires a video camera and with some help from his friends goes on a 30 day mission to meet with Drew. At the end he actually meets with Drew. She is flattered by it all. The date isnít about love or anything, it might be on Brianís part, to Drew she is philosophical, and views Brianís mission as step of which there are many..

On the IMDb there appears to be two camps. Those that view the film as a bit of fun and those that take it all the wrong way a label Brian as a stalker. Iím in the former group. The film is nothing more than a bit of fun. Iím not too sure how it will help Brian further his film career.

6/10
  • Deleted user 19 January 2013 23:39:00
    Jeepers Creepers 6/10

A real sahme as somewhere in here there is a good horror film trying to get out. Could and should have been really terrifying instead descends into a farcial friday the 13th clone.

A good day to Die Hard 8/10

Okay if you loved Die Hard 4 you will love this. If you hated 4 then you will fucking despise this. The Die Hard series continues to get even more bombastic and OTT

The initial set up of Buce WIllis and his undercover agent son is groan worthy. But once the action starts it never lets up. There are some right rough tough heavy duty smash ups in this.

In Die Hard 4 willis took on a F35 in this its a Russian Hind gunship. The formula is now getting more ridiculous but hey its Die Hard and its still fun.

Only downer is how they try to shoe horn in Mclanes son as the future star of more die hards just like they tried to with Shialafuckingbeef in Indy 4.

Edited by espibara at 23:50:49 19-01-2013
  • Blaketown 20 Jan 2013 00:05:38 4,905 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Django Unchained 87%

Loved it. Some amazing performances. Some great moments of badassery. Left the cinema with a big grin on my face. Pretty much quintessential Tarantino, flaws and all.

Brap, brap, old chap.

• beastmaster 20 Jan 2013 00:30:23 11,794 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @espibara

Is it sufficiently bloody and violent with lots of swearing?

Edit : Die Hard that is.

Edited by beastmaster at 00:31:04 20-01-2013

• Rens11 20 Jan 2013 01:22:39 1,451 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Laputa Castle in the Sky

2nd Ghibli film that I've seen lovely animation not quite as gorgeous as Totoro but given its age it still looks good. Decent soundtrack too!

7.5/10

Next up Porco Rosso!

Donít kid yourself, Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, heíd eat you and everyone you care about!

• repairmanjack 20 Jan 2013 01:47:05 6,071 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Les Miserables. 8/10

Thought it was really good; probably enjoyed it more than the missus. Jackman is good (despite some ham in the last scene); first time Eddie Redmayne hasn't looked like a plank of wood; Hathaway had a good turn. Crowe... eh. First time I've seen him in something and thought he was totally out of place. No emoting at all (and I don't buy that's the character he's playing) - and I can crack my knuckles with more rhythm, frankly. Amanda Seyfried remains the most overrated actress of her gen.

Cinema was awash with sobbing through several moments. Not just from me. Ahem.
  • Short-Round 20 Jan 2013 03:33:03 1,181 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fruit!
  • Deleted user 20 January 2013 07:51:52
    Has anyone seen Kill Keith?
    The dvd cover shows a spoof of Kill Bill with Keith Chegwin on the cover.
  • Deleted user 20 January 2013 07:55:57
    jonsaan wrote:
    50/50

8/10

My wife thinks it was an odd film for my friend to lend me.
    Need to see this. i put it off in the summer as i had bollock ache and convinced myself i had the big c. Since i no that is probably not the case shall def get riund to seeing it

Edited by joelstinton at 07:56:48 20-01-2013
  • YenooR 20 Jan 2013 08:55:18 533 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Killing them softly.
    It starts off well but goes down hill very quickly.To much talking not enough action even Brad Pitt couldn't keep the wife interested.
    5/10
  • Deleted user 20 January 2013 08:58:42
    YenooR wrote:
    Killing them softly.
    It starts off well but goes down hill very quickly.To much talking not enough action even Brad Pitt couldn't keep the wife interested.
    5/10
    One of the films of the year, if you went in expecting die hard then maybe you could be disappointed.
    If you knew what you were about to watch knowing the director it was a brilliant film hence the dozen five star reviews from decent publications all over the poster.
  • b0rk 20 Jan 2013 09:23:00 2,942 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Killing Them Softly is stunningly boring. I tried watching it after all the glowing reviews but started to think what the fuck am I doing with my life watching this drivel. Having the film set against the economic crisis is fine, but having it play out on every single car radio was as subtle as a hammer to the face. Bad Lieutenant used a similar plot device far more convincingly.
  • woodnotes 20 Jan 2013 09:57:39 4,937 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Arbitrage - 7/10

Richard Gere thriller with some Tim Roth doing a dodgy American accent. Not had many films like this since the 80s. A guy having an affair who will do anything to cover it up, at the expense of everyone around him. Although a decent premise with a nice little twist early in the film, unfortunately something didn't quite click. It felt all a little too "TV movie of the week" (as MK would say) and Gere's frequent over-acting became a little tiring too. It's worth a watch, but I'd say more of a Sunday afternoon movie.
  • Scurrminator 20 Jan 2013 10:34:56 8,454 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @espibara is it an uncut version (what's the rating?) and did he get to say the full line at some point?

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• oceanmotion 20 Jan 2013 12:55:55 16,082 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Lawless 2/10

Terribly boring and Shia is truly an awful actor, how he ever got to be famous. While the other actors looked on you could see in their minds they were thinking the same thing while Shia was the focus in a scene. Best bit in the whole film was Oldman with a tommy gun and his short screen time. Hardy was good too but more a look than anything else.

Edited by oceanmotion at 12:59:38 20-01-2013
  • Psychotext 20 Jan 2013 12:59:33 54,790 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Lincoln - 8/10

Sadly it's very much the Hollywood version of what actually happened (especially regarding Lincoln's longer term views of slavery), but it's still an excellent film.
  • TechnoHippy 20 Jan 2013 13:02:00 14,719 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    When the lights went out

Pretty good ghost story. Had some creepy moments.

7/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• -cerberus- 20 Jan 2013 13:18:57 3,347 posts
    Seen 53 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The Innocents

Now here's a nice 'n creepy psychological horror flick you don't want to miss!
    Sadly there's a bit of overacting from the lead but the buildup is good, the story intriguing and the atmosphere dead-on

8/10

Take the plastic bag challenge to cure stupidity.

• beastmaster 20 Jan 2013 14:55:45 11,794 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Django Unchained - 8/10

Very violent, very bloody and very entertaining film from Quentin Tarantino that proves he's still one of the best directors out there.

The plot involves a German bounty hunter who teams up with a slave to help rescue the slave's wife from a brutal plantation owner.

Whilst not quite as good as Pulp Fiction or Reservoir Dogs, this is probably his third best film. A lot less talk than the usual Tarantino film and a lot more action. The almost three hour running time files by. Although the plot is somewhat stretched, it never overstays it's welcome.

The main characters are perfectly cast. Christoph Waltz is every bit as good in this film as he was in Inglourious Basterds. Jamie Foxx is excellent as Django too. However, the film is stolen by the bad guys again.

It's great to see Leonardo DiCaprio play a villain although he wasn't as OTT as I expected him to be. This goes to Samuel L. "mutherfucker" Jackson. He plays a barmy old bastard and is absolutely brilliant.

Anyone who's a bit squeamish should stay away though. This is definitely one of the most violent and bloody films I've seen in a while. When someone is shot, they are screaming in pain. Usually because they have a big hole in one of their body parts. Either that or they are being ripped apart by vicious dogs. Nasty!

It all looks and sounds wonderful. The cinematography is stunning and (as always) with Tarantino, the soundtrack is excellent. Having the Ennio Morricone score swell up in the build up to a shootout really gets you going.

A great film to see on a big screen and a great start to what looks to be an exceptional year, in terms of film quality.

Edited by beastmaster at 15:09:44 20-01-2013

• StixxUK 20 Jan 2013 15:03:17 7,271 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Into the wild: 89%

Film about Christopher Mccandless who decided to forego the "normal" life, destroy his ID, give his savings to charity and disappear.

The film is about his journey and the people he meets on the way to his final goal of becoming a hermit in the Alaskan wilds.

A fantastic soundtrack by Eddie Vedder and some beautiful scenery make the journey that much more enjoyable. Stick it to the man, Chris!

On a side note, has anyone seen the new On The Road film? Interested but never noticed it appearing in the cinema (yet? )
  • Blotto 20 Jan 2013 15:31:43 2,777 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @StixxUK

This film is slightly ruined by the fact that in real life He could have easily escaped at the end if he'd just walked round a bit further rather than just giving up straight away
  • Deleted user 20 January 2013 15:56:17
    @Scurrminator

Violence was on a par with Die Hard with a Vengeance, but its still close to Die Hard 4 in some respects. People mainly die in big fucking explosions rather than individually reduced to a bloody pulp 9mm Baretta style e.g. Die Hard 1.

Language is toned down though no big F bombs

Yep he gets to say the line..........
  • Scurrminator 20 Jan 2013 16:04:12 8,454 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well that's an improvement over 4 then. Though I actually enjoyed the uncut version of 4 - they should pull their fingers out and put it out on blu

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Page

of 2840 First / Last