Rate the last film you watched out of 100 Page 2070

• Page

of 2844 First / Last

• warlockuk 14 Jan 2013 09:17:04 19,214 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cockneys vs Zombies. 12/16. Was basically Lock Stock meets Sean of the Dead. Surprisingly enjoyable with some decent performances and more familiar faces than you can shake a stick at.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• magicpanda 14 Jan 2013 09:28:24 13,456 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    2012 - 2/10 I was praying for a rabid Giraffe rape scene by the end

Horde (French Zombie Flick) - 6/10. Every Cliché in the book.
  • Lexx87 14 Jan 2013 09:36:37 20,863 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    HairyArse wrote:
    beastmaster wrote:
    House at the End of the Street - 1/10

Somehow managed to watch the first 25 mins then fast forwarded to the end to see if there were any good bits. There were none.

From what I could tell on fast forward, there's a plot twist that would surprise nobody. It's just really dull and boring, even on fast forward.

O_o
    You. What. Why on earth would you. I.

0_o

Speak the truth hussy!

• Blakester 14 Jan 2013 09:42:22 3,652 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    A Few Good Men

Other than knowing the "you can't handle the truth" quote, I'd never actually made an effort to watch this, so was happy to see it available as part of my Love Film streaming package.

It's a solid if unspectacular film, with great performances from Nicholson and the late J.T Walsh and a slightly irritating turn by Tom Cruise. The climax of the movie doesn't quite do justice to the set-up but it was a good way to kill a couple of hours.

75%

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• Dangerous_Dan 14 Jan 2013 09:50:06 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    LotR movies.

Didn't go to no cinema to watch the first LotR movies and up to that point I had missed most of the advertisements I guess. I hadn't read the books and neither had any of my better friends. So no Tolkien fever. At some point I got around watching the movie at home, being a bit ill and one of those watch a movie while gettin better kind of days. And I was fascinated by it, not because of the movie but because it reminded me of an animation movie I had seen on TV when I was very little. And Whoa!, it pretty much covered the big parts of that movie, filling the hazy memory parts of it.

So that's why I liked parts of the first one quite a bit and also parts of the second one which is the darkest (style and plot) it pretty much reminded me of the animated movie - which is ace (at least if you are 6 or 8 or something like that)

The third one was boring and that ghost part in the movie reminded me of Jack Sparrow escapades.

The dark side in LotR isn't given much consideration, concerning their motivations and how life's like in Mordor (in the movies at least).

Anyone remember that scene in the first movie, where the fellows gather in the elven city and there is that group shot of them and that cheesy heroic music in the background. That just broke my suspense of disbelief for the whole trilogy when I rewatched it some years ago (didn't bother with the third one). It's just so.. effeminate and reminded me of grown-ups acting for children or something.

Sauron all the way!
  • Deleted user 14 January 2013 09:53:31
    Jackson is a big fan of the animated film and you can really see it in the films, especially the first one. There's a few shot-for-shot likenesses.

I think the animated film was actually a bigger influence than the books.
  • Dangerous_Dan 14 Jan 2013 10:02:04 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, some of the scenes in the animated one are pretty much exactly like the one in the trilogy. Like the scene where they get attacked by that tentacle moster before entering that dwarf mine.
  • Deleted user 14 January 2013 10:04:18
    The bit where the raiths mash up the beds that the Hobbits aren't in isn't actually in the book. He got that from the animated film.

The shot with them hiding from the raith under the log is also identical to the animated film (as in the exact same shot and angle), and the approach to the opening sequence is also incredibly similar.

I loved that animated film as a kid. Was gutted they never did the second part.
  • Deleted user 14 January 2013 10:07:48
    LOTR - Awesome out of ten.

I didn't watch them myself. I just watched Kalel who has seen them, and I trust his opinion.

What? We can all do it...
  • Dangerous_Dan 14 Jan 2013 10:09:03 2,378 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I concur. ( with the animated LotR movie is a kind of magic)

"..., What is best in life?
    - To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."

Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 10:09:46 14-01-2013
  • Youthist 14 Jan 2013 10:23:05 10,057 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    7 Psychopaths. Garbage / 4/10. Nice to see walken though. Colin Farrel again proving he cannot act.

Flight. 8/10. Denzel W on great form.

Campaign. 6/10. Some funny moment, and some unfunny moments.

"Good chess players think one move ahead. Great chess players think two or three moves ahead."

• -cerberus- 14 Jan 2013 11:57:28 3,369 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Lawless

And people complain about not being able to understand Tom Hardy's Bane in TDKR?! He doesn't even wear a mask in Lawless and I had to turn up the volume quite a bit to understand what the hell he was mumbling...
    Anyway, quite enjoyable crime flick we got here but, apart from Guy Pearce's character, it's not very memorable.

6.5/10

People are bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling.

• Blaketown 14 Jan 2013 12:25:38 4,908 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Premium Rush 67%
    Entertaining enough. Basically a 90 minute cycle chase that I got a bit bored of towards the end.

Journey 2: The Mysterious Island 61%
    Entertaining enough. Passable kids movie vaguely based on Jules Vern & vaguely a sequel to Journey To The Center of the Earth with Brendan Fraser.
    The Rock is good as The Rock & Michael Caine is good as Michael Caine.

Brap, brap, old chap.

• Ziz0u 14 Jan 2013 12:32:33 8,588 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dead Man's Shoes

8/10
  • Deleted user 14 January 2013 12:35:05
    God I love that film.
  • Max_Powers 14 Jan 2013 12:50:54 1,102 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Django Unchained 9/10

Saw it last night. One of the better Quentin Tarantino movies. I loved it up untill the last half hour or so. Christopher Waltz is brilliant (again), DiCaprio plays his villain role with surprising restraint (it would have been a very easy part to go all out camp with like Guy Pearce's dreadful performance in Lawless for instance).

My only gripe with most of QT's movies are his detours in tone within the same movie, making them unbalanced. This happens mostly when he tries to do (violent) comedy. The whole 'Bear Jew' scene in Inglorious Bastards comes to mind. Without those types of scenes his movies would improve tremendously.

For the same reason I remain convinced that Jackie Brown is still his best film. The most balanced and most 'real' protagonists.
  • Deleted user 14 January 2013 12:55:18
    How confusing.
  • Deleted user 14 January 2013 12:58:35
    Batman 3 - 7/10

Coulda' been great if it wasn't so fucking long and didn't take itself so fucking seriously, it's less fun than 2. :(
  • Blaketown 14 Jan 2013 13:02:52 4,908 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I agree. I had to miss the last half hour due to an emergency with my 3 y.o. Haven't bothered to go back to it. Says a lot really.

The entire trilogy only really comes to life when The Joker is on screen.

Brap, brap, old chap.

• Blotto 14 Jan 2013 13:17:56 2,777 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    My opinion of the Batman trilogy is that it was extremely good for a comic book movie but in the wider context they were basically a 7 or 8 out of 10 films.

With the exception of the Joker there was nothing in them that made them amazing films but the fact that it was Batman in a fairly good film made it seem like the best thing ever.
  • captainrentboy 14 Jan 2013 16:14:14 1,062 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gangster Squad-60%
    'twas ok. Good production values, some great shootouts, and Sean Penn acting like he's in a totally different film. Brolin played the tough cop part well, and it's nice to see the T1000 back on the big screen.
    Gosling has a strangely high pitched voice...
  • mikeck 14 Jan 2013 17:29:11 1,936 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    captainrentboy wrote:

Gosling has a strangely high pitched voice...
    I read something where he said he didn't realise he'd pitched it so high until he saw the film, took a while to get used to that's for sure.
  • Tonka 14 Jan 2013 17:41:42 21,178 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:
    I concur. ( with the animated LotR movie is a kind of magic)

"..., What is best in life?
    - To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."
    ???
    Why the Conan quote?

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Kostabi 14 Jan 2013 21:09:04 5,023 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dredd 3D

First time I've watched it since the cinema and it's just as awesome second time around on a small screen.

One noticeable difference is that when I left the cinema I couldn't wait for more, now having seen the Blu-ray I'm a little sad that Dredd 2 will probably never happen.

Sure the plot is thin but as a day in the life of Dredd it's exactly what the plot should be - simple, perp breaking action.

9/10
  • robthehermit 14 Jan 2013 21:31:38 4,256 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Guns, Girls and Gambling

Lots of fun out of ten.

Also, Helena Mattsson is fucking gorgeous.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• tuff 14 Jan 2013 21:42:56 628 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Impossible

Emotional.

Devastating / 10
  • oceanmotion 14 Jan 2013 22:13:21 16,088 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Margin Call

One the eve of the banking crisis. They find out they are royally fucked and decide what action to take. Irons was good as were others. Simple but good watch.

7/10
  • Deleted user 14 January 2013 22:27:28
    Lincoln. Amazing. No action, all talk. Beautifully shot, masterfully acted and very moving.

Daniel day lewis is the goat.
  • macmurphy 14 Jan 2013 22:31:12 999 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Why's there a goat? Are you sure you have the right film? You weren't just watching Countryfile?
  • Deleted user 14 January 2013 22:35:50
    :) goat. Greatest of all time.
  • Page

of 2844 First / Last